Red/Black zone HGs need better rewards.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There is currently a major configuration bug with the black market which essentially has prevented any meaningful amounts of T5.0+ loot from dropping for now. The max storage values for T5.0+ gear are set up too high, meaning that the black marekt has not "charge up" to equilibrium level yet, which in turn means that this gear is not being sold to the NPC, meaning that it also won't drop from mobs. The exception to this is bags, as for these, the balancing is correct or maybe too high.

We'll fix that balancing bug as soon as possible. Loot amounts will increase significantly as a result.
  • Korn wrote:

There is currently a major configuration bug with the black market which essentially has prevented any meaningful amounts of T5.0+ loot from dropping for now. The max storage values for T5.0+ gear are set up too high, meaning that the black marekt has not "charge up" to equilibrium level yet, which in turn means that this gear is not being sold to the NPC, meaning that it also won't drop from mobs. The exception to this is bags, as for these, the balancing is correct or maybe too high.

We'll fix that balancing bug as soon as possible. Loot amounts will increase significantly as a result.
    I won't post anything more because it seems like you are just ignoring our feedback to why the HGs are DEAD and why gear capping will only SPLIT the community and bring nothing good but harm to the activity. Good luck with your game, I'll come back when you stop trying to be so stubborn and actually listen to your players feedback.
    TonyT

The post was edited 1 time, last by TonyT ().

• Heard the same shit at the end of beta 1

"hellgates dead buff them"

Maybe because people don't want to invest as much time close to a wipe to replenish a loss

Heard the same shit at the end of beta 2

Maybe because people don't want to invest as much time close to a wipe to replenish a loss

Hearing the same shit now, near the end of beta 3

Maybe because people don't want to invest as much time THIS CLOSE TO RELEASE to replenish a loss

Fucking broken record.
    Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
  • Taters wrote:

Heard the same shit at the end of beta 1

Maybe because people don't want to invest as much time THIS CLOSE TO RELEASE to replenish a loss

Fucking broken record.
    Did you read the thread? The issue most people have is that you cannot sustain doing HG even with a good win/loss rate. You shouldn't have to invest time in other activities to replenish a loss. A lot of people have the money saved up from before Hector to be able to continue doing HG but no one wants to do 12 HG to get 1 fight with current rewards. So what ends up happening? Those who want to continue to do full loot pvp end up taking a break after trying out a few yellow HG. My friends list went from 10-15 people on at all times to 4-5 online.
  • Cabraller18 wrote:

Taters wrote:

Fucking broken record.
    Did you read the thread? The issue most people have is that you cannot sustain doing HG even with a good win/loss rate. You shouldn't have to invest time in other activities to replenish a loss. A lot of people have the money saved up from before Hector to be able to continue doing HG but no one wants to do 12 HG to get 1 fight with current rewards. So what ends up happening? Those who want to continue to do full loot pvp end up taking a break after trying out a few yellow HG. My friends list went from 10-15 people on at all times to 4-5 online.
    what im reading from the thread is a generation of HG'ers who got spoilt with extremely over tuned drops throughout the beta.

If you want to play another 5v5 where losing the last 5v5 doesn't set you back or require any grinding to replenish.

M O B A
  • So you think a team who wins 20% of the time vs a team who wins 80% of the time should both have to spend time replenishing supplies? I don't see the logic in this. It's not like the teams who are winning a lot didn't put in the work to get to the skill level they have reached. IMO grinding up to 100/100 was enough time investment to where I feel like I should be able to sustain just by doing PvP if I am more skilled than 80% of the server, maybe I'm just an elitist prick tho.
  • Taters wrote:

what im reading from the thread is a generation of HG'ers who got spoilt with extremely over tuned drops throughout the beta.
    If you want to play another 5v5 where losing the last 5v5 doesn't set you back or require any grinding to replenish.

M O B A

You don't get it. It is not about losing gear when you lose. But what you gain when you actualy win.

50% win rate should give you profit which mean you end with the same number of sets/items that you started + the profit for your time invested(artifacts/runes/souls/boss droped items) this must be on par with fame farming in dungeons. Otherwise people will have no reason to waste their time in HGs
  • AcOrP wrote:

Taters wrote:

M O B A

You don't get it. It is not about losing gear when you lose. But what you gain when you actualy win.
    50% win rate should give you profit which mean you end with the same number of sets/items that you started + the profit for your time invested(artifacts/runes/souls/boss droped items) this must be on par with fame farming in dungeons. Otherwise people will have no reason to waste their time in HGs
    If you cant afford to lose what you fly. Don't fly it.

Spoilt HG'ers running higher tier gears then they can sustain/be supplied now that the mats are gone.

Cant afford multiple losses of 8.1? Downgrade 7.1. Meet a team running that risk of 8.1+

Out Bid.

There also seems to be a fucking HUGE disconnect as to the profit from the hellgates themselves. AND THE GEAR WON FROM THE PVP.

50% win rate is 5/10 hellgates where you are getting gear to reuse/sell.

ur team 10 mil gear. their team 10 mil gear. average 50% win rate. 5 mil return(-30% trash rate) 5 mil loss.

Sounds fucking nice to me ay.
  • Taters wrote:

Cabraller18 wrote:

Taters wrote:

Fucking broken record.

M O B A

AcOrP wrote:

Taters wrote:

M O B A

Taters wrote:

AcOrP wrote:

Taters wrote:

M O B A

You don't get it. It is not about losing gear when you lose. But what you gain when you actualy win.50% win rate should give you profit which mean you end with the same number of sets/items that you started + the profit for your time invested(artifacts/runes/souls/boss droped items) this must be on par with fame farming in dungeons. Otherwise people will have no reason to waste their time in HGs
    Spoilt HG'ers running higher tier gears then they can sustain/be supplied now that the mats are gone.

Cant afford multiple losses of 8.1? Downgrade 7.1. Meet a team running that risk of 8.1+

Out Bid.

There also seems to be a fucking HUGE disconnect as to the profit from the hellgates themselves. AND THE GEAR WON FROM THE PVP.

ur team 10 mil gear. their team 10 mil gear. average 50% win rate. 5 mil return(-30% trash rate) 5 mil loss.

Spoilt?

You mean a game mode that isn't worth the time to run it?

You are better off doing ANYTHING else. Gathering, faming, farming. Anything. HGs are a fucking waste of time at the moment. T7 blues are more fame, Anything is more silver (gathering/farming/whatever). It is a pvp fest with no incentive. That's why they said the black market is "bugged" and doesn't drop good loot.

Seriously, this game is supposed to encourage PVP. HGs 3 weeks ago did that, and that's why teams ran them. They broke the rewards. Gathering has rewards, faming has rewards, HGs don't.

Why is this so fucking hard to understand for you?
  • Taters wrote:

AcOrP wrote:

Taters wrote:

M O B A

You don't get it. It is not about losing gear when you lose. But what you gain when you actualy win.50% win rate should give you profit which mean you end with the same number of sets/items that you started + the profit for your time invested(artifacts/runes/souls/boss droped items) this must be on par with fame farming in dungeons. Otherwise people will have no reason to waste their time in HGs

Out Bid.

The activity speaks for itself, nobody is really running red/black zones HG anymore. Don't tell me its cause its beta and the game launches in a month either, to us it doesn't matter if beta was over in 3 weeks, 1 week, or 1 day, we would still be running HGs if it was fun and rewarding.
  • Ok lets do some little math's here ! i think most people doesnt understand.

For exemple my full 7.1 carrions sets costed 1.5M silvers

if i farm the whole dungeon (call them this way cause hg are dead) i have chance to get 200k silver on average ( i say on average cause mostly its 100k but sometimes 400-500k artefacts drops).

if i face a team i get wath they wear minus 50% trash kind of so if they wear the same shit than I do , its 750k right.

So loosing = -1.5M
    Winning = 950k

So i need a 63% win rate just to sustain my gameplay...... i mean sustain with 0 profits though ! so its a 2 win for 1 loose ratio to spend like 1h in hg doing no gathering ..... now compare it with the no risk pvp or lower risk pvp where you can make decent cash pile and risk nothin ! for exemple camlann you go there 5.1 and you can get a 200k/h. So where is the point of risking in hg if it doesnt rewards ?????

hope you guys from Sandbox will think about fixing this inegality within pvpers and pveers..... with those mats loots at least you had chance to get mats to craft your own gears and those mats could be sold as well if you dont craft.

With this update you kind of broke the pvp. I used to just pvp and self substain now i will have to go do some shit gathering to risk my gears in hg and dont even get rewarded for it....
  • TonyT wrote:

I won't post anything more because it seems like you are just ignoring our feedback to why the HGs are DEAD and why gear capping will only SPLIT the community and bring nothing good but harm to the activity. Good luck with your game, I'll come back when you stop trying to be so stubborn and actually listen to your players feedback.
    BM is the ONLY fix...

there will be no other fix, for now...

DEVs stated that BM will be the only fix, and I agree with that. I will now wait til that happens. (because it makes sens on paper)

There is no point to argue otherwise.
  • - HG map needs to be opened up some, there's way too many chokes points and that favors certain comps (cleave heavy meele teams). There needs to be more space for a fight to play out, the best fights in the old HG map were the ones that happened in the middle in that big open area. Please open the map up, its so claustrophobic right now, there's barely any room to fight and its just not that fun.

- HG buff needs to be reworked, either make the duration longer or remove it entirely. My suggestion, remove the PvP influencing dmg/defense aspect make the buff give you an extra 10% silver and fame instead. We want fights to be on an even ground and not a matter of who killed the last mini boss. Rework the visuals/sound so it isn't so obvious.

- Infernal HG rewards are just not comparative to the millions in silver worth of gear you need just to be competitive. I have no problem faming dungeons, crafting, gathering for the first 2-3 months of release but at a point I should just be able to log in and run HGs if that's what I want to do. A group that spends their entire time running HGs all night with a 60% win rate should see their wealth grow. That's just not the case with the current drops.

- HG community is too split up right now. Doesn't look like red/black zone HGs link, way too many people just running yellow HGs because they are safe and ignoring internals because they're not worth doing. Solving the first 3 points might help bring people back to infernal HGs.
  • Trystan wrote:

- HG map needs to be opened up some, there's way too many chokes points and that favors certain comps (cleave heavy meele teams). There needs to be more space for a fight to play out, the best fights in the old HG map were the ones that happened in the middle in that big open area. Please open the map up, its so claustrophobic right now, there's barely any room to fight and its just not that fun.

- HG buff needs to be reworked, either make the duration longer or remove it entirely. My suggestion, remove the PvP influencing dmg/defense aspect make the buff give you an extra 10% silver and fame instead. We want fights to be on an even ground and not a matter of who killed the last mini boss. Rework the visuals/sound so it isn't so obvious.

- Infernal HG rewards are just not comparative to the millions in silver worth of gear you need just to be competitive. I have no problem faming dungeons, crafting, gathering for the first 2-3 months of release but at a point I should just be able to log in and run HGs if that's what I want to do. A group that spends their entire time running HGs all night with a 60% win rate should see their wealth grow. That's just not the case with the current drops.

- HG community is too split up right now. Doesn't look like red/black zone HGs link, way too many people just running yellow HGs because they are safe and ignoring internals because they're not worth doing. Solving the first 3 points might help bring people back to infernal HGs.
    I know my group is doing yellow zone Hellgates to test different team comps without having to welp a shit ton of gear when we are unsure about something. Testing out builds at the end of a Beta seems like the smart thing to do. Testing in a risk free environment where you get lots of fights seems like a smart thing to do. On release we will only be in red/blacks, but right now yellows just make more sense.
  • The new hellgates are just terrible, the nerfed rewards are a joke and the gigantic potions are horrible implementation
    these kind of changes just show how bad and amateur the devs of this game are
    just waiting for the release at moment to see if u guys are going to do something right or keep destroying your own game

The post was edited 1 time, last by hael2k ().

• Trygve wrote:

Trystan wrote:

- HG map needs to be opened up some, there's way too many chokes points and that favors certain comps (cleave heavy meele teams). There needs to be more space for a fight to play out, the best fights in the old HG map were the ones that happened in the middle in that big open area. Please open the map up, its so claustrophobic right now, there's barely any room to fight and its just not that fun.

I know my group is doing yellow zone Hellgates to test different team comps without having to welp a shit ton of gear when we are unsure about something. Testing out builds at the end of a Beta seems like the smart thing to do. Testing in a risk free environment where you get lots of fights seems like a smart thing to do. On release we will only be in red/blacks, but right now yellows just make more sense.
    Yellow HG's are a joke we can 4v5 them most of the time,and the rest of the time they are just empty and half way cleared because people wipe to mobs.Can win with almost anything in them.
  • hael2k wrote:

The new hellgates are just terrible, the nerfed rewards are a joke and the gigantic potions are horrible
    these kind of changes just show how bad and amateur the devs of this game are
    just waiting for the release at moment to see if u guys are going to do something right or keep destroying your own game

Yeah the new potions could use some balancing.

Basically all the good groups and players who were known in HGs doesn't like Hector HGs in their current iteration. I've really not talked to any player who likes hector infernal HGs. Thankfully they can fix it before release (I hope).