Any way to speed up animations and gcd?

• At the moment casting time reductions only affect a spells casting time. An animation that is part of the casting time might be shortened and they don't influence casting time in any way.
    Some spells have a hit delay which is not affected.
    Also Channeling is not affected.

Cooldown reduction has no impact on the global cooldown.

Rejuvenation has a normal cooldown of 1.5 seconds so cooldown reduction effects are applied.
  • That is not actually the animation. The spell has a component called stand time.
    This value has two effects:
    1. your character has to stand still for the duration setup with this component
    2. only because you stand still the animation is played correctly without it the slightest movement would end the animation
    Rejuvenation has a stand time of 0.4 seconds (or 400 milliseconds) which can't be shortened in any way.

Most instant attacks have a stand time of 0.4 seconds with a few that have longer ones. (e.g. Brute Force has a stand time of 1.4 seconds)
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

That is not actually the animation. The spell has a component called stand time.
    This value has two effects:
    1. your character has to stand still for the duration setup with this component
    2. only because you stand still the animation is played correctly without it the slightest movement would end the animation
    Rejuvenation has a stand time of 0.4 seconds (or 400 milliseconds) which can't be shortened in any way.

Most instant attacks have a stand time of 0.4 seconds with a few that have longer ones. (e.g. Brute Force has a stand time of 1.4 seconds)
    Personally I would enjoy the combat a lot more in this game if instant abilities did not hinder your movement, I really dislike this stand time mechanic in any game that has it. For me it just makes the combat feel clunky, sluggish and unresponsive, without actually adding any positives in return.

Is it possible that you could make the animations continue while moving like in other games? I believe it would make the flow of combat feel better and more fun.
  • Malth wrote:

Personally I would enjoy the combat a lot more in this game if instant abilities did not hinder your movement, I really dislike this stand time mechanic in any game that has it. For me it just makes the combat feel clunky, sluggish and unresponsive, without actually adding any positives in return.
    Is it possible that you could make the animations continue while moving like in other games? I believe it would make the flow of combat feel better and more fun.
    Though from a personal perspective I agree that combat would be more fun without those stand times the game-play implications are tremendous.

Since most actions actually have a stand time it is pretty hard to kite in most pvp and pve situations. Only a number of weapons are designed to favor a kiting game-play and have (or should have :) ) sufficient down-sides for them being able to do so.

Maybe @Retroman will try out to a setup with less or no stand time but that's his call to make. ;)