Performance Issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Performance Issues

As you may have noticed we experienced performance issues since the Hector update!

The sad part is that there are several different issues which combine to an overall negative impression.

Two important things to know:
    1. During the last two months we have focused a lot on performance, especially allowing a huge amount of players in one city.
    2. Before the update during our tests 1000+ players worked perfectly, because we know that Caerleon and other cities will have at least 1000 players.

We even added another technique that after 1200 players the next player coming in will not see the other 1200 players and get a notification that currently due to high traffic he cant see any other player but he can at least interact with the bank, market place etc....
    Also keep in mind that if 2 months after release we are still having 1200+ players (which would be crazy) we would start working on a better solution.

We are aware of the different issues. Despite the lag issues and our Database issue also we had new Client Performance issues.

Hint: Right now you can increase the client performance (which has nothing to do with lags or connection problems) when you turn off the nametags. Sometimes turning off Shadows helps as well. Of course this is no solution and we are right now working hard to solve all these new issues.

Bottom Line:
    We are pretty optimistic that over the next days the key issues will be resolved and that till release we have sorted out all performance issues that there are right now, plus that we also improved on the topic overall (compared to Galahad).

Kind regards,
    Stefan
  • Bercilak wrote:

Also keep in mind that if 2 months after release we are still having 1200+ players (which would be crazy) we would start working on a better solution.
    You know that if all of the accounts you guys sell, get in the game, you can have more than 2000 online in a city right!?

200.000+ accounts
    Lets imagine only 25% go to Caerleon, that's 50.000+ in one city right!
    Even if each account is only 1 hour a day in the city... 50.000+ : 24h you get 2083+ accounts online!

Yep..."would be crazy"

ps: constantly setting may graphics so i can enter a city, is not an options right!?
    ps2:You are expecting a loss of players after the first few months, (i know all the games, blá blá blá) why not bet on a plan to increase players after the launch, it may be a bit more lucrative don't you think!?

The post was edited 4 times, last by LordSilva ().

• Another example of how scatterbrained the devs are. SI originally was making an open world game with a vast world, several towns to make home and now we have ended up with 1 town and fucking zone phasing.

"
    - Bercilak"

So you intentionally funnel ALL players to 1 town 42 days before release, only have capacity for 1200 players (you sold over 200,000 copies of this game) and your response is that you will START working on a better solution if it becomes a problem? You literally gave us barely a month to test this out. The level of incompetence is real.

You post about listening should have the title changed. "I hear you but I'm not listening"

This game was so much better 1.5 years ago.
  • Dragnon wrote:

So you intentionally funnel ALL players to 1 town 42 days before release, only have capacity for 1200 players (you sold over 200,000 copies of this game) and your response is that you will START working on a better solution if it becomes a problem? You literally gave us barely a month to test this out. The level of incompetence is real.
    Decoding the message of the two months with 1200 players, they must be counting on a abandonment of the game of a good majority of the founders. Just look at the mathematics to understand that answer was not the best...
  • LordSilva wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

You know that if all of the accounts you guys sell, get in the game, you can have more than 2000 online in a city right!?
    200.000+ accounts
    Even if each account is only 1 hour a day in the city... 50.000+ : 24h you get 2083+ accounts online!

Yep..."would be crazy"

ps: constantly setting may graphics so i can enter a city, is not an options right!?
    ps2:You are expecting a loss of players after the first few months, (i know all the games, blá blá blá) why not bet on a plan to increase players after the launch, it may be a bit more lucrative don't you think!?
    On traffic management post release, please see our statement here.

Also note that far less then 25% of the active population is actually staying in Caerleon. Even right now, around 3 months after the last wipe, it is less than 10%.

Regarding traffic numbers in general, you will always have a release spike. This will always be followed by a decline to "normal" levels as the early rush dies down and people get into normal playing patterns. After that, is is our main priority to keep growing the player base, slowly but surely. Please take a look at this post.
  • Korn wrote:

LordSilva wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

You know that if all of the accounts you guys sell, get in the game, you can have more than 2000 online in a city right!?200.000+ accounts

Yep..."would be crazy"

On traffic management post release, please see our statement here.
    Also note that far less then 25% of the active population is actually staying in Caerleon. Even right now, around 3 months after the last wipe, it is less than 10%.

Regarding traffic numbers in general, you will always have a release spike. This will always be followed by a decline to "normal" levels as the early rush dies down and people get into normal playing patterns. After that, is is our main priority to keep growing the player base, slowly but surely. Please take a look at this post.
    Ok, but you know that lots of players in this beta are scattered in the 5 biomes city's because of the harbours layout, and in the release they will go to Caerleon because of the portal!
    In this beta you don't have all your player testing the game right now! We know the drop in the population from the start, is normal in all online games, but Albion as is focus in one big target, Caerleon so its normal you get the majority of gamers in that location!

In the other Thread:

Korn wrote:

To prevent from happening in the first place, what we are looking into is making the bank and market a larger building that you have to enter, and inside of it, it is technically a different mini-cluster.

If that - you never know - is still not enough, than what we could consider is having multiple banks and market places in each city, but have them connected with each other. Alternatively, we could run a 2nd instance of the bank / market mini-cluster, while leaving the actual city as it is, as a single cluster.
    One option i will love to see, a mini-cluster in the city for the AH and one for the Bank can solve a lot of the problems,
    And please, stop the duals near AH and Backs, the constant spam off abilitys and the number off ppl in the same place, kills the game!
  • LordSilva wrote:

pranaki wrote:

duels in cities kill the game ? really ? maybe the only issue is your device have not enough ram ? and which os version do you have ?
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    2.8 GHz
    RAM 8 GB
    GeForce GTX1060

The Problem is not my PC m8. And the duels can be done away from the AH and Bank!

I have a laptop with a 1060 and a i7 6700hq and i dont drop below 100 fps in caerleon and usually stay around 150. Maybe settings are off?
  • My FPS is in lots of Red or BZ territory's around the city and under is 100/130
    In Caerleon, now is
    60/90 in city/portal (51 players online)
    70/100 in Bank / AH (42 players online)

My PING in lots of Red or BZ territory's around the city and under is 110/130
    In Caerleon, now is
    130/160 in city/portal (51 players online)
    130/150 in Bank / AH (42 players online)

My MS in lots of Red or BZ territory's around the city and under is 11.25ms/15.20ms
    In Caerleon, now is
    17.30ms/30.50ms in city/portal (51 players online)
    12.30ms/13.80ms in Bank / AH (42 players online)

My FPS in Castle fights or OW ZvZ is 60/80
    My PING in Castle fights or OW ZvZ is 200 up to 800
    My MS in Castle fights or OW ZvZ is 30 plus
    Many times already died 3 seconds ago and I still running in my screen or my spells don't roll in the direction i fire them and so on and so on!

My ISP is fiber optic, I have contacted 150 / 20MBPS
    Speed Testing USA, EU, Oceania, Africa

Don't know here the Albion Server is in the USA, but...