Is this the best version of albion online?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• beta 1 was definately the most fun and therefore the best. Galahad and hector are really boring and there is little that is fun to be had. solo has been systematically killed by the devs and grouping is always the same 5 member group with different names. No unique gameplay anymore. is there even 1 green dg in yellow zones?
  • Raithe wrote:

just peruse the forums.....Albion has been in competition with itself for several years man.
    My fave was probably Faye. But Albion Online has had constant updates and changes over its time period in beta. I def think its gone downhill and has been it own worse enemy. Initially it was a game for everyone and tried to catered to different players. Now it seems its thrown away its original principles and just focuses on the guild experiences and the big group experiences. Not really caring much about solo players or pvp.

The post was edited 1 time, last by dopplevader ().

• I'd like to share some numbers on our end.

On a like-with-like comparison, meaning that we compare activity after 100 days post wipe, the "Galahad Beta" (Beta 3) performs at > 300% of Final Beta (Beta 2), and > 160% of Closed Beta (Beta 1). This holds true for all player groups, casual and hardcore alike. And this is with a wipe being just 1 month away.
  • Korn wrote:

I'd like to share some numbers on our end.

On a like-with-like comparison, meaning that we compare activity after 100 days post wipe, the "Galahad Beta" (Beta 3) performs at > 300% of Final Beta (Beta 2), and > 160% of Closed Beta (Beta 1). This holds true for all player groups, casual and hardcore alike. And this is with a wipe being just 1 month away.
    That's the problems with comparing stats. Beta 1 was the only test that made massive changes to fame requirements during the 2nd week causing a number of guilds to quit. Let's not speak of Beta 2 which was horrible. Of course Beta3 is going to out perform because new players who have been on the fence are ready to spend time on the game closer to release. Your stats do nothing for the quality of open world game play, which this test is easily the worst.
    OCEANIC & SEA

• another thing @Korn does not consider in this "statistic" is that another 1-2-3 years of marketing and community growing has happened in between the betas which has nothing to do with how good/ improved the state of the game is when talking about player retention throughout betas.

so if you put up those numbers @Korn give actual numbers how many people started at beta release and kept playing.... if 20k started beta 3 and 5k kept playing but 50k started galahad and 15k kept playing your 300% isnt worth a dime
  • That and the reputation that proceeded beta 2 for instance would be a significant factor in the numbers you see following. Also the fact that release is promised soon would be a factor in larger numbers present this beta vs last beta. Also that any new ppl to arrive have such an easy time subsisting in the massive safe areas that now include the empty black zones. None of which means its a better version.

I would posit that the growing general amount of bitter vet syndrome that is present and the bitter vets are still keeping eyes on the game might indicate that the game they started playing was great to the point we still have hope that it can be revived. Which will not happen at this point.
  • Raithe wrote:

That and the reputation that proceeded beta 2 for instance would be a significant factor in the numbers you see following. Also the fact that release is promised soon would be a factor in larger numbers present this beta vs last beta. Also that any new ppl to arrive have such an easy time subsisting in the massive safe areas that now include the empty black zones. None of which means its a better version.

I would posit that the growing general amount of bitter vet syndrome that is present and the bitter vets are still keeping eyes on the game might indicate that the game they started playing was great to the point we still have hope that it can be revived. Which will not happen at this point.
    Hm so much truth in this.
  • Korn wrote:

I'd like to share some numbers on our end.

I think the fact that you've finally announced a launch date is keeping people active this last go around to see what needs to be done for the true launch.

There are pros/cons to this vs Beta 1, 2, 3, etc.
  • Like I told my buddies in game. The best map and concept thus far for me was the Beta 2 map aka the Queensmarket map.

- Yes the map was massive
    - Yes the time zones were a bit messed up

But the fact was everyone that played beta 2 enjoyed the game.

-The was more than enough dungeons.
    -There was more than enough Hellgates.
    -The City spasing whould have made for a great opening map and I think that Queensmarket would have made for a better player chosen Hub.
    - Guild runs was a thing and carevans was a real thing. Litterally, you did not move during peak without a caravan.
    - solo running in the black zones were a thing.
    - The ZvZ fights were so worth it. They lasted for hours (regearing and running into the fight again)

Granted, we will never have the game on that level.

Getting T7 and T8 there was a search and a half.

Leveling up to T7 or even 8 took foreven (but was still fun.)

SBI should learn from that map and what the "Fun" factor was.
    Why does that map felt like it was more alive than the map we have now.

Why dont they want to return the dungeons we had there? Yes granted, they had newer ideas with the dungeons But they could have just mixed them all in. The new with the old. Now that would have made for some interesting content.
  • Kclikola wrote:

Like I told my buddies in game. The best map and concept thus far for me was the Beta 2 map aka the Queensmarket map.

- Yes the map was massive
    - Yes the time zones were a bit messed up

But the fact was everyone that played beta 2 enjoyed the game.

-The was more than enough dungeons.
    -There was more than enough Hellgates.
    -The City spasing whould have made for a great opening map and I think that Queensmarket would have made for a better player chosen Hub.
    - Guild runs was a thing and carevans was a real thing. Litterally, you did not move during peak without a caravan.
    - solo running in the black zones were a thing.
    - The ZvZ fights were so worth it. They lasted for hours (regearing and running into the fight again)

Granted, we will never have the game on that level.

Getting T7 and T8 there was a search and a half.

Leveling up to T7 or even 8 took foreven (but was still fun.)

SBI should learn from that map and what the "Fun" factor was.
    Why does that map felt like it was more alive than the map we have now.

Why dont they want to return the dungeons we had there? Yes granted, they had newer ideas with the dungeons But they could have just mixed them all in. The new with the old. Now that would have made for some interesting content.
    Beta 2 was a dogshit Walking simulator. Queensmarket map was beta 1.
  • That was beta 2. The royal map was nice and big. QM was a great hub. Lots of activity and dungeon groups were constant there. That is when caravans were at their height. There were trade routes to the BZ. The economy was much more decentralized and fun to work with. I personally prefer the beta 1 map as the maps felt more unique (they were seriously copied and pasted still but much better layout than now). The dungeons and raid dungeons in beta 1 were amazing. I truly thought they were gonna take the best of beta 1 and 2 (unsure about alpha as I was not here) and make an awesome game. Then we got Hector and it all went to shit.
  • Beta 1 was the best.

They scrapped so many nice zones, where the hell is flesh of the earth?? Where the hell are all the direwolf caves? Why is the earth mother a yellow zone? Where are the enchanting openworld spots?

Why are there no t7-t8 heretic mobs? Morganas and undead get boring quick... how hard is it to make more mobs?

They need to bring back the legendary mats or whatever the gold colored ones where.

Put back lethal mobs... it makes the game more alive, less forgiving. Sure you'll die more but hell beta 1 was rough you just got used to it.

Also they showed off a new raid artifact, why aren't they already in game?

Also take off the offscreen crap, you used to be able to ambush people now they see you from so far away it's stupid.

Sure you guys made a lot of improvements but hell you work on stuff then randomly decide to scrap stuff you already worked on, at least keep it in the game it will give content to a few people who liked it.

Sure you can make more group content but my friends aren't on 24/7. Solo play used to be way better now it's either gather or gather more if your solo.