Less updates, more frequently

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Less updates, more frequently

I was just asking myself why does this game updates once in 2-3 months with such a big update that is going to change the game completely, world traveling, skills, builds etc.
      Imho the best thing to do is releasing a weekly update with nerfs and, buffs and once in a while adding stuff that you worked on.
      I mean, the beta is meant for testing, why do we have to be restricted because weapons are unbalanced and only 6 of em are viable? Wouldn't be better to try to balance the game out slowly, watching the impacts of the changes during the week(maybe asking to top tier pvpers) and then adding more features later?
      Thanks for reading.
    • If we felt that weekly balance updates made sense we might consider them. We believe it takes longer for the impact of balance changes to truly come to light.

Additionally, there's a significant overhead in frequent releases- doing so would slow us down overall.

We try to strike a balance and whenever we are convinced that a short term change is necessary, we will do it.
    • Just wondering what exactly makes you limited to just 6 weapons?After all its beta. Sure in some situations those 6 might seem most viable but if you wanna test all the aspects of the game then you should be able to experience every weapon. I am only playing for 10 days i got most of the weapons to T5. No point in rushing during beta to lets say T8 its gonna wipe anyway. Dont burn yourself learn about the game embrace the game love the game. Once you achieve that you will have much more fun upon release. Also dont be afraid to go to the black zones the fame there is soooo much better. Just grab a flat T4-T5 set and go wander around mercia or cumbria killing stuff. This is beta and i keep repeating that because so many people seem to think they should burn out and reach end tiers already.

As for the constant updates i dont agree. This is not a moba game where you nerf X hero every week and buff another. Game requires skills and outplays. You cant just go out expect to pwn everyone just because you use the "perfect build". In my 20 years experience of pvping in mmos all of the games had "THE META" but still if you knew how every class worked you would be able tou soft-counter them or even 100-0 them easily. Just my opinion tho.
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • Eltharyon schrieb:

If we felt that weekly balance updates made sense we might consider them. We believe it takes longer for the impact of balance changes to truly come to light.

Additionally, there's a significant overhead in frequent releases- doing so would slow us down overall.

We try to strike a balance and whenever we are convinced that a short term change is necessary, we will do it.
      agreed
      Damn Grexx, Back at it again with Albion :evil:
      Orbis Alius -> Back again with the shenanigans

New? Here's a referral!
      albiononline.com/?ref=2T53CW3ZH9
    • Anyone else thinks it's time to rethink the idea of no small balance changes?
      I mean every pvp game publish small balance tweeks often for a reason, especially considering how long it takes to level up stuff..

It's to my understanding that ie some dagger users were forced to just change weapon for how long they haven't been viable I don't think this makes sense
    • Pls no balance changes (unless fixing something "broken") too often. Players invest days/weeks/months into fame farming a build. Its unfair and will probably make ppl leave the game even more if devs start doing more often balance updates.
      Pretty much detailed guide for nature healing in pvp/pve - https://albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds/view/15819