Please don't go live with Hector

• Please don't go live with Hector

I'm begging Sandbox Interactive to not stick with the Hector update as the live launch version of the game. I do understand how hard it can be to balance everything and meet the expectations of all the different types of players. However, there has been much debate and concern about some of the changes that are listed to come from the Hector update. Some of these may be well founded others may not. The point here is that SI has already said this will be version of the game that goes live in July. I would like to encourage SI to consider a final update at launch. To consider revamping or dialing back some/any of the changes from Hector that just aren't working out as expected for players. This is what beta is for to test and modify the game before a final release so that all players can have a rewarding experience. The goal should not be to nerf this or cater to that, but instead to create a homogeneous, unified, balanced game. I for one believe that SI is very close to meeting that requirement. However, I am concerned that Hector may, in many ways, undue much of the hard work that has been put into the game thus far. All I'm saying is we have come this far and endured many changes, wipes, and revamps, as dedicated players; please don't drop the ball on us 6 weeks before launch.

P.S. Where are the additional races that have been mentioned?

Please vote up if you are with me on this. We have to show SI that we are not happy with Hector and that we want a final update before launch or we will get stuck with it for an undetermined period of time.
  • Exactly - SI has proven to be careful about it and that they are capable of taking drastic changes if they see something not fit.I have full trust in them and ther common goal to make this game last.

Although I have feeling time to 'test' some other major game changing changes would be great, what they have now is ready for launch with tweaking over the years with constant updates...

Only they can for example say if economy will stay healthy although items in blue/yellow always get repaired and don't trash - they are measuring it over years.
  • Carpazzo wrote:

You have not pointed out a single reason for them to not update the game.

You showed your concern but not where they should look at to fix.
    despite the server issues like lag,rubber banding or stuttering, anything else they can patch over time.
    I didn't bring anything specific up for a reason. This thread isn't about arguing over what this or that change will do to the game. This thread is about overall community concern about the coming changes and taking them into the live launch. It has been stated that hector will be the last update before launch, Hector will be the state of the game at the time of launch.

My biggest concern is that this will not be advantageous for the overall state of the game and that it may not get changed for quite sometime. As is typical in the game development industry, changes are plentiful during the beta stage, but after a game goes live major updates often take months to be implemented. Commonly development slows dramatically as the focus becomes more maintenance-centric.

This is the place to voice these similar concerns and encourage SI to implement a final update prior to launch.
  • Sensi_Star wrote:

This is the place to voice these similar concerns and encourage SI to implement a final update prior to launch.
    But Hector is the final update. What would be the advantage to having another "final" update after Hector? Isn't it possible that you would have the same concern with that final update?

Without mentioning specific issues with Hector, you strip your concern away from what might be rational and make it an argument against change, any change (good or bad).

Why? is the question you have to answer in order for them, or us, to pay attention to you.
    Blodvaerd, Lord Commander
    Rangers of Celidon
    An RP - PVE / PVP, International Guild
    rangersofcelidon.enjin.com
  • Blodvaerd wrote:

But Hector is the final update. What would be the advantage to having another "final" update after Hector? Isn't it possible that you would have the same concern with that final update?
    Without mentioning specific issues with Hector, you strip your concern away from what might be rational and make it an argument against change, any change (good or bad).

Why? is the question you have to answer in order for them, or us, to pay attention to you.
    I certainly understand your logic and perhaps some elaboration would be in order. I don't want to pick a specific item from the Change Log because I do not yet know how those changes will actually affected the live game. Sure they have been play tested, and there are some legit issue that have been brought up, but that is not the live game with full population.
    My argument is more towards the process than the content. We need to have a "load testing" phase and final content implementation with planned hot fix(s) prior to a live go at the game. Hector is implementing some notable changes within the last 6 weeks of beta and is announced to be the final live version of the game. I'm suggesting that dedicating yourself to such commitment at the proverbial last minute may not be wise. Planning for a last minute hot fix may be a better move. Essentially, the development phase can not be over until the final shutdown before launch. Everything between now and then is still beta as someone else pointed out. So, let us as a community not forget that.
  • Every large update that SI has -ever- put out has had major issues that took months or entire betas to sort out. I'm not saying things haven't gotten better, but the time it takes to iron out content patches is concerning.

So it is very alarming that they are dropping Hector so close to launch.

The realm gate alone deserves an entire beta's worth of monitoring. It is going to completely change how PVP takes place and will be the first time they have ever tried making a single town to be used as a hub for the entire game world. It's been a year and we don't even have a functioning reputation system, and the realm gate is dropping what, ~40 days before the game launches?
  • Swordlord wrote:

Every large update that SI has -ever- put out has had major issues that took months or entire betas to sort out. I'm not saying things haven't gotten better, but the time it takes to iron out content patches is concerning.

The realm gate alone deserves an entire beta's worth of monitoring. It is going to completely change how PVP takes place and will be the first time they have ever tried making a single town to be used as a hub for the entire game world. It's been a year and we don't even have a functioning reputation system, and the realm gate is dropping what, ~40 days before the game launches?
    I like what you said, but they still can re-roll the servers to Gallahad, and Gonna come that video saying that Hector wasn't what they expected therefor they decided to go galahad instead but with some balance changes..or whatever. we have about a month to test this Hector :) .

'Spin to win'
  • Swordlord wrote:

Every large update that SI has -ever- put out has had major issues that took months or entire betas to sort out. I'm not saying things haven't gotten better, but the time it takes to iron out content patches is concerning.

This all concerns me too.

Carpazzo wrote:

I like what you said, but they still can re-roll the servers to Gallahad, and Gonna come that video saying that Hector wasn't what they expected therefor they decided to go galahad instead but with some balance changes..or whatever. we have about a month to test this Hector :) .
    They could, but most likely wont. SI has announced that Hector is the live patch.. unfortunately.

Dragnon wrote:

Launch is happening for reasons we are not being told. Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever to launch 40 days after dropping a HUGE patch and give us barely any time to test it and almost no time at all for SI to fix before launch.
    Devs announced release date before Galahad and Galahad was ment to be the launch patch with BM and HG changes. But because black zone cities did not work like intend and Outlands were not attractive enough generally speaking.. So panic button was pushed and now current world looks like this current one.