First Impression and Improvements

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• First Impression and Improvements

Hi,

I played Albion Online for 2 resets and seeing this will be the last chance to play before a reset I figured I would play a little again to find out how much has changed. So far I really like the new mount mechanics and the UI. But here are a few things that came up within the first 30 minutes of playing that drive me crazy:
      • Remember which monitor it was last playing at as the default monitor for the next time we launch the game when playing in Windowed mode and the window's position. Do not just launch the game on Window's main monitor all the time. Also, let me select the monitor to display the game in when Fixed Window mode is selected. Right now it defaults to Window's main monitor...Grrr! Same goes for the game's Launcher, remember the position and monitor for next launch.
      • When using the RTS Mode controls (could happen in other control style as well), when you use the Left Mouse Button to activate an aimed ability, your hero stops auto-attacking. You need to right click on a mob again to start auto-attacking. If mobs are piled up, you might start auto-attacking the wrong mob.
      • Right clicking, in RTS Mode Control, on a mob should dismount you and attack the mob when you're within attack range based on your weapon. Just like you can dismount by clicking on a resource.
      Now for slightly less frustrating issues, but still nice to have a look at:
      • There are no health bar overhead the current mob you're attacking. Do we have to keep shifting our eyes to the top left away from the focus of the combat to see enemy health bars? What about mouse over health bars as well? Health bars over any enemy, targeted, mouse over or not. Or have options to enable/disable any of these. These health bars can also show basic info about the mob like the tier and the type (leather, ore, stone, etc...) with icons next to them. I couldn't find a setting for this. We can't even move the hero nor our target's health bar frame to a better position. :sadface:
      • Resources that are depleted still show a gathering icon when you hover over them. Lets not do this since new-bros will waste their time walking up to the resources just to get a "Resource is depleted" message. If you want to show that a resources can spawn here you can make a new icon for the cursor.
      • Many times (like in swamp biome) the resources are covered up and you don't see them. Maybe show the resources highlight through objects, like mobs currently are highlighted, but maybe with a different color outline? I've killed a few mobs from which I can't find where they died to skin them. I end up having to move around until I can see them through the trees.
      • I'm a little disappointed resources do not randomly spawn in the map. Every resource has a fixed node that keeps spawning allowing people to AFK camp nodes (and even bot). Randomly spawning resources based on some requirements (Cotton near water, iron near a cliff, etc...) would make the game more dynamic and interesting.
      • Money loot takes too long to spawn after the mob dies. You keep us waiting for too long to loot that cash. I know it spawns immediately, but you don't see it right away and if you don't click on it by luck you have to wait for the corpse to de-spawn to see where the loot is at to click on it.
      • The achievement announcements are way too intrusive. Maybe show the achievement announcements slighter smaller and on the top or bottom of the screen; not right down the middle while you're fighting mobs. Also, while fighting, I will not be reading those achievements... Maybe have a notification queue window? When we click on a GUI button it will open a window with a few tabs like "Achievements," "Combat," "Loot," etc....This window will show the history of your achievements, combat logs, loot, etc....
      • I haven't played the game long enough to know if there is a workaround yet, but I remember running dungeons with friends where our gear would break. It would be nice if there is a repair station item, that when deployed, will allow players to repair their items. The station will weigh a lot to make up for its benefits and will only be available for a short time. We can even have the person who deployed it get a portion of the money spend by others to repair. This will keep players playing for longer and not have to run back to the city all the time.
      • Not sure if this has been implemented yet, but a target of target shortcut or maybe a tagging mechanic so we know what mob to focus on when in groups.
      • Let us "pin," "lock" the pop-up windows with a little button on the top right, next to the close button. This will lock the window in place and not allow us to accidentally move it around. Also, remember the position of these movable windows, and whether it was expanded or not. Right now it remembers the position until you restart the game.

Game looks good so far. Can't wait for the real launch!

Cheers,
      ZeroPoin7

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ZeroPoint ()

• ZeroPoint schrieb:

Hi,

I played Albion Online for 2 resets and seeing this will be the last chance to play before a reset I figured I would play a little again to find out how much has changed. So far I really like the new mount mechanics and the UI. But here are a few things that came up within the first 30 minutes of playing that drive me crazy:
      • Remember which monitor it was last playing at as the default monitor for the next time we launch the game when playing in Windowed mode and the window's position. Do not just launch the game on Window's main monitor all the time. Also, let me select the monitor to display the game in when Fixed Window mode is selected. Right now it defaults to Window's main monitor...Grrr! Same goes for the game's Launcher, remember the position and monitor for next launch.

Doesn't even go to main monitor, it just aligns with the top left of available window space :(
      • When using the RTS Mode controls (could happen in other control style as well), when you use the Left Mouse Button to activate an aimed ability, your hero stops auto-attacking. You need to right click on a mob again to start auto-attacking. If mobs are piled up, you might start auto-attacking the wrong mob.

Known issue that devs are working on fixing, should be fixed in Hector.
      • Right clicking, in RTS Mode Control, on a mob should dismount you and attack the mob when you're within attack range based on your weapon. Just like you can dismount by clicking on a resource.
      I'd hate that so much... it would definitely have to be a toggle option, I don't know if there is too many other people who would be in favour of that feature.
      Now for slightly less frustrating issues, but still nice to have a look at:
      • There are no health bar overhead the current mob you're attacking. Do we have to keep shifting our eyes to the top left away from the focus of the combat to see enemy health bars? What about mouse over health bars as well? Health bars over any enemy, targeted, mouse over or not. Or have options to enable/disable any of these. These health bars can also show basic info about the mob like the tier and the type (leather, ore, stone, etc...) with icons next to them. I couldn't find a setting for this. We can't even move the hero nor our target's health bar frame to a better position. :sadface:

Fixed in Hector
      • Resources that are depleted still show a gathering icon when you hover over them. Lets not do this since new-bros will waste their time walking up to the resources just to get a "Resource is depleted" message. If you want to show that a resources can spawn here you can make a new icon for the cursor.
      The difference in the nodes makes it pretty obvious IMO. Noobs walking up to it and being dissapointed will learn faster what a full/depleted node looks like this way.
      • Many times (like in swamp biome) the resources are covered up and you don't see them. Maybe show the resources highlight through objects, like mobs currently are highlighted, but maybe with a different color outline? I've killed a few mobs from which I can't find where they died to skin them. I end up having to move around until I can see them through the trees.
      • I'm a little disappointed resources do not randomly spawn in the map. Every resource has a fixed node that keeps spawning allowing people to AFK camp nodes (and even bot). Randomly spawning resources based on some requirements (Cotton near water, iron near a cliff, etc...) would make the game more dynamic and interesting.

Nodes are currently dynamic, they change during maintenance. As for AFK gathering you still need to haul your stuff back to town and the big T7 &T8 nodes will be much smaller in Hector, making AFK gathering a very lackluster choice.
      • Money loot takes too long to spawn after the mob dies. You keep us waiting for too long to loot that cash. I know it spawns immediately, but you don't see it right away and if you don't click on it by luck you have to wait for the corpse to de-spawn to see where the loot is at to click on it.

Fixed in Hector
      • The achievement announcements are way too intrusive. Maybe show the achievement announcements slighter smaller and on the top or bottom of the screen; not right down the middle while you're fighting mobs. Also, while fighting, I will not be reading those achievements... Maybe have a notification queue window? When we click on a GUI button it will open a window with a few tabs like "Achievements," "Combat," "Loot," etc....This window will show the history of your achievements, combat logs, loot, etc....

Currently being worked on and improved a lot in Hector ATM.
      • I haven't played the game long enough to know if there is a workaround yet, but I remember running dungeons with friends where our gear would break. It would be nice if there is a repair station item, that when deployed, will allow players to repair their items. The station will weigh a lot to make up for its benefits and will only be available for a short time. We can even have the person who deployed it get a portion of the money spend by others to repair. This will keep players playing for longer and not have to run back to the city all the time.
      • Not sure if this has been implemented yet, but a target of target shortcut or maybe a tagging mechanic so we know what mob to focus on when in groups.
      • Let us "pin," "lock" the pop-up windows with a little button on the top right, next to the close button. This will lock the window in place and not allow us to accidentally move it around. Also, remember the position of these movable windows, and whether it was expanded or not. Right now it remembers the position until you restart the game.

Game looks good so far. Can't wait for the real launch!

Cheers,
      ZeroPoin7