balancing fame needed to progress a tier.

• balancing fame needed to progress a tier.

The fame needed to progress a Tier needs to be balanced a bit. Casual players will have a hard time getting into the game because early progress (up to T4) is a bit too grindy. Higher tiers (T5-T8) takes too little time to progress. 1 month into the game after the release of final beta, many people achieved T8, especially the hardcore gamers. With so many people being able to craft and gather high tiers, it doesnt feel like an acomplishment to be able to progress so far. Also, so many people being able to easily gather and craft their own high tier gear, the players who specialize on gathering/crafting alone will have a hard time.
    This is one of the reasons of why the markets are flooded, cause there are more people crafting gear and gathering than buying gear or resources.

So, my suggestion is to lower the fame needed to progress up to T4(just a bit) so that casual players will be able to get gathering gear faster, then an increase in fame needed to progress to T5-T8.

This way, people who specialize on one profession will have better chances to compete in the market with those who want to generalize and train as many skills as possible. Rigth now, its way to efective to generalize one character. meaning that almost all players are able to get T5-T6 (the most common gear for pvp) by crafting it and gathering it themself, instead of buying it on the market. With my suggestion, those who want to generalize the destiny board will have a hard time progressing to high tiers, so if they want to generalize(wish will be usefull for obtaining low tier resources wish is needed for almost everything) they will need to buy most of their high tier gear instead of making it themself. Those who specialize on a profession will have a hard time obtaining low tier resources/gear of all types, but it will be able to obtain low and high tiers easily of the type they specialize in, so they will be able to craft or gather high tiers for those who generalize the destiny board and they will have to rely on those who generilze the destiny board or on others who specialize in a different profession to obtain the materials they cant get.

This will be good for the game economy, and in combination with the black market, it will prevent the market to get flooded. Plus reaching high Tiers will feel like a good acomplishment.
  • Holoin wrote:

So, my suggestion is to lower the fame needed to progress up to T4(just a bit) so that casual players will be able to get gathering gear faster, then an increase in fame needed to progress to T5-T8.
    As I understand this, you refer to gathering skills? I think the 9k fame plus 40 LP are on a good point for gathering. If you focus on one gathering profession, you can get to T4 quick. But you can't craft your entire gear for yourself, because you need at least two diffrent materials.