Solo pvp builds that can rival the flexibility and viability of warbows.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo pvp builds that can rival the flexibility and viability of warbows.

I can't manage to find a build as viable and flexible as warbows when it comes to solo pvp.

With a warbow and a decent build that goes with it, you can chase people, drop horses, run away, kite decently etc. while also applying great pressure.

I am not saying there aren't any solo pvp weapons or builds, but none of them seems to do all that.

So I would greatly appreciate if anyone helps me find a build that can rival warbows.
  • Rokov wrote:

Guess you can pick other bow from bow line, it will be weaker, but possible too. All other weapons are extremely behind for solo compare to bows. Probably in hector some spears will shine again.
    Yeah other bows are close behind, however what I ask for is something other than bows. Sorry I wasn't clear about that:)

Spear buffs seem cool but I don't think they will be close to the bows. I hope to be proven wrong lol.
  • Amakor wrote:

Zotar wrote:

Also, if warbow is really common for PvP, what items do you need to counter it if you don't use warbow?
    You will deffinitely need cc and/or mobility not to get kited. Double bladed or a dagger might be up to the task.
    Or you can go cursed staff to counter that pressure maybe. You can't run but you can deffinitely out dps bow without getting kited.
    Daggers are not working at all vs bow, bow is kiting them pretty easy. Probably it is possible to deal vs bow as claymore user, DB staff and range weapons. All other melee weapons just useless and can do anything vs bow, thats why bow can pick easy 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 fights with them - it is free kills without any risk, except lag.
  • Rokov wrote:

Amakor wrote:

Zotar wrote:

Also, if warbow is really common for PvP, what items do you need to counter it if you don't use warbow?
    You will deffinitely need cc and/or mobility not to get kited. Double bladed or a dagger might be up to the task.Or you can go cursed staff to counter that pressure maybe. You can't run but you can deffinitely out dps bow without getting kited.
    Daggers are not working at all vs bow, bow is kiting them pretty easy. Probably it is possible to deal vs bow as claymore user, DB staff and range weapons. All other melee weapons just useless and can do anything vs bow, thats why bow can pick easy 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 fights with them - it is free kills without any risk, except lag.
    Hmm I was thinking bloodletter or claws from the dagger tree but I honestly don't know if those will be enough either. I agree with the rest. Maybe you can counter bows with spears after the Hector update as those weapons already have huge range.
  • Main idea is, you have options to counter bow.

For example you can use a weapon with mobility and cc and try to compansate for the lacking aspects like Im trying to do here :
    albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds/view/684

Or worst case, you can go for a range dps build and outdps or at least scare the bow wielder.

However the problem is it seems you can't do what bow does in solo pvp wielding any other weapons, hence the reason I opened this thread:)
  • 1v1 vs warbows are hard but its possible.

Full burst I think will work best against warbow warbows only damage dealing skill is the E skill if you manage to dodge that you can win some time. Then you need to know what he is using this can be frost shot or speed shot.

Speed shot is easier to beat with weapons that have stuns and roots like claymore / pike / claws. But frost shot is not he can just frost shot out of it so using against that would be the best mage weapons.

I would prefer to use full cloth armor with frost shield and carrion to burst the warbow down but works with halbert or swords.
    Then again most warbow users have ambush so he just uses that tho win some time and wait for cooldowns.
  • BestStrike wrote:

1v1 vs warbows are hard but its possible.

Full burst I think will work best against warbow warbows only damage dealing skill is the E skill if you manage to dodge that you can win some time. Then you need to know what he is using this can be frost shot or speed shot.

Speed shot is easier to beat with weapons that have stuns and roots like claymore / pike / claws. But frost shot is not he can just frost shot out of it so using against that would be the best mage weapons.

I would prefer to use full cloth armor with frost shield and carrion to burst the warbow down but works with halbert or swords.
    Then again most warbow users have ambush so he just uses that tho win some time and wait for cooldowns.
    Yeah there are deffinitely ways to counter a bow 1v1.

But as I said earlier, a bow user can chase and drop horses, kite most of the melee weapons, can put great pressure and also run away.

All these things combined gives it a great solo pvp roaming potential.

The main question is would it be possible to at least come close to reaching that kid of potential without bows?

Btw, great videos mate, keep em coming!:)
  • Rokov wrote:

Yoshka wrote:

Bloodletter full leather with cleanse in the helmet. You will have more mobility/burst than him.
    Cleanse not helps vs speed shot. Bloodletter dont have enough mobility to beat warbow in fight, jumps not helps, you need speed boost and slow for stable dps to kill bow user. Slow should be pretty strong, howl from helmet is not enough.
    What the fuck.

Cleanse of course Works vs the W bows skill, it will clean your mobility reduction.

Of course you have mobility, you have the run in the boots, mobility passives of leather and double dash, W and E of bloodletter... I'm maining bloodletter and is the counter class of every bows in a 1vs1.
  • Amakor wrote:

BestStrike wrote:

1v1 vs warbows are hard but its possible.

Yeah there are deffinitely ways to counter a bow 1v1.
    But as I said earlier, a bow user can chase and drop horses, kite most of the melee weapons, can put great pressure and also run away.

All these things combined gives it a great solo pvp roaming potential.

The main question is would it be possible to at least come close to reaching that kid of potential without bows?

Btw, great videos mate, keep em coming!:)
    Cathing horses the closest that gets is double bladed. And maybe mastery 40 claymore. At higher tiers Glaive and Pike do have an chance too. But yes warbow still is best for cathing horses and kiting.

Thanks will be making new video in few days got 1 kill against warbow with halbert lol :) but he did make alot mistakes too.
  • Warbow will kite, so weapons to get close (mobility) and prevent it from kiting you, will work.

Currently I only see the following viable for Solo PVP against Warbow (or ganking) :
    • DoubleBladed Staff (Speed increase + Dash)
    • Claimore (Speed, increase, slows + Dash)
    • Claws (Dash + Root)
    • Bloodletter (2x Dash)
    • Maybe Quarterstaff in the future (receives a long root with Hector)
    All other weapons work if the Warbow (or the person you gank) makes mistakes - but don't count on it.

Daggers are not build to keep up.
    Also shoes are key - specially to have another W or Q that stacks on F helps a lot

From my experience damage of the warbow does not match that of other weapons - the only reason why they win ist that they do damage while you try to catch them continuiesly - once you are close/root/slowed them you need to catch up to kill them.

I love this discussion, because its actually about Solo PVP in general - you can basically exchange Warbow = Any Person on a horse (kiting or just fleeing)

Cheers,
    Skitted
  • Yoshka wrote:

Rokov wrote:

Yoshka wrote:

Bloodletter full leather with cleanse in the helmet. You will have more mobility/burst than him.
    Cleanse not helps vs speed shot. Bloodletter dont have enough mobility to beat warbow in fight, jumps not helps, you need speed boost and slow for stable dps to kill bow user. Slow should be pretty strong, howl from helmet is not enough.
    What the fuck.
    Cleanse of course Works vs the W bows skill, it will clean your mobility reduction.

Of course you have mobility, you have the run in the boots, mobility passives of leather and double dash, W and E of bloodletter... I'm maining bloodletter and is the counter class of every bows in a 1vs1.
    Guess you never met warbow player, who knows what he is doing. Most good warbow users use another w spell - speed shot, which provides 33% movespeed for 8 secs with 10 secs CD and let them easy get away from melee range spells even when run or invis on CD.
  • Rokov wrote:

Yoshka wrote:

Rokov wrote:

Yoshka wrote:

What the fuck.Cleanse of course Works vs the W bows skill, it will clean your mobility reduction.

Guess you never met warbow player, who knows what he is doing. Most good warbow users use another w spell - speed shot, which provides 33% movespeed for 8 secs with 10 secs CD and let them easy get away from melee range spells even when run or invis on CD.
    I killed a lot of solo warbows with the W that reduces your mobility. Yes, some of them use the speed - shot, so ? I have speed and two dashes and the first dash with low CD too.
  • Skitted wrote:

Warbow will kite, so weapons to get close (mobility) and prevent it from kiting you, will work.

Currently I only see the following viable for Solo PVP against Warbow (or ganking) :
    • DoubleBladed Staff (Speed increase + Dash)
    • Claimore (Speed, increase, slows + Dash)
    • Claws (Dash + Root)
    • Bloodletter (2x Dash)
    • Maybe Quarterstaff in the future (receives a long root with Hector)
    All other weapons work if the Warbow (or the person you gank) makes mistakes - but don't count on it.

Daggers are not build to keep up.
    Also shoes are key - specially to have another W or Q that stacks on F helps a lot

From my experience damage of the warbow does not match that of other weapons - the only reason why they win ist that they do damage while you try to catch them continuiesly - once you are close/root/slowed them you need to catch up to kill them.

I love this discussion, because its actually about Solo PVP in general - you can basically exchange Warbow = Any Person on a horse (kiting or just fleeing)

Cheers,
    Skitted
    Imo, the problem with the said weapons are that you give up damage to get utility. So when a proper dps turns to you, you are doomed. You can run, but you can't kill unless you overgear or overplay, and honestly there is not much room to overplay I think.

And there isn't any other range weapons that can kite. Frost kiting just doesn't work with the cast times and close range. An instant curse build might work but you don't get any kind of slow or speed with that.
  • I'm surprised no on is using Claymore with W (Hamstring) Slows by like 40% for 10 + seconds with a CD of 10 seconds. Which combats Speed Shot and evens the playing field with Frost Shot. Plus Claymore can have the E root, PLUS up to 30% movement speed boost from Q. All from the one weapon. What's interesting is for awhile every one talked about how much "bows suck". Now people seem to realize they don't suck, and before long every one will cry OP. Hopefully not :P.
  • Kurashi wrote:

I'm surprised no on is using Claymore with W (Hamstring) Slows by like 40% for 10 + seconds with a CD of 10 seconds. Which combats Speed Shot and evens the playing field with Frost Shot. Plus Claymore can have the E root, PLUS up to 30% movement speed boost from Q. All from the one weapon. What's interesting is for awhile every one talked about how much "bows suck". Now people seem to realize they don't suck, and before long every one will cry OP. Hopefully not :P.
    Try it by yourself. I am testing that but without any movespeed ability you are always done once you met anything in openworld. Any group will kill you without troubles, coz you are weak as hell and has 0 mobility when trying to run away. All what you are able to do is 1 vs 1 fights with that ability.

Yoshka wrote:

Rokov wrote:

I killed a lot of solo warbows with the W that reduces your mobility. Yes, some of them use the speed - shot, so ? I have speed and two dashes and the first dash with low CD too.
    I have solo kills on warbow users too, but they was just bad and made stupid moves and wrong spell choices. But speed shot is unbeatable by melee weapons, too huge ms boost it provides.