[24.05.2017] Test Server Patch Notes (Hector Update) (Added June 1 Changes)

• Retroman wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. :)
    The new Hammer Spell is not final, yet. It's internally already changed to knock allies always 8m away (ignoring any CCR) and knocking ernemies up in the air. Similiar to what happens with the Tornado. Please keep providing feedback on the latest balance changes and new spells. They might still get adjusted before the update hits live.

The new GvG Layout for Home Territories will go live at release. We didn't want to put them in the game with Hector, because they would mess with the buildings on currently existing home territories. And a database migration to move buildings around would have been not so easy and we might have arranged buildings in way guilds might also not be happy with. With the wipe on release, it makes it a lot easier to get the changed layout into the game. That's why it didn't go live yet.

Cheers,
    Retro
    Untested changes going into release.

1/10
    Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
    • New ability: Energy Bolt on Q Slot
    • New ability: Energy Beam on W Slot

Any chance we could combine bolt and beam into one spell on the Q spot ? If on enemy it drains and on friendly provides energy ? I just dont see anyone using Energy Beam over Empowering or Purge on the W, but I love the concept.
    Brew master of the Mithril Warhammers http://mithrilwarhammers.com/
  • Axolotl wrote:

Laborer balance overhaul:

"Fame to progress" recalculated - it should now take ~50 journals to get a laborer to T8. (Note that, to get the laborer to a useful level of happiness, you need the appropriate tier of house and furniture too, which will take somewhat longer to afford for most players. Also note that there is never a disadvantage to levelling up your laborer!)
    Furniture is still capped at 14 slots (which happens once house hits T5), so there is no way to progress the laborer hapiness past that with trophies (furniture still works to t6-7-8, but happiness gets reduces as u cannot place any trophies).

Been reported here as well:

[Potential Bug] House furniture slots do not increase past t5 (stuck at 14)
  • Spears still feel wonky.
    The issue with spear wasn't energy it's they don't have a defined role. It currently feels like the old warbow with shorter range and less utility.

It feels you want it to be able to kite melee with the passive slows or using the lunge, but either the slow isn't enough on the passive or when you take lunge to slow you don't get range to kite.

You're forced to become an auto attack turret which firestaff or ice can do very well and has the utility with firewall/slows to back it up.

The CC on the E skill isn't enough unless you run heavy which doesn't flow with the build.

The auto attack needs stacks to be effective, but you constantly lose stacks. Compared to sword where they have an option to lose the stacks (through E attack) or keep it up by constantly attacking. You punish yourself by using the lunge q as the armor buff doesn't fit in the build. I think it would be better where after you stack for the fourth time you lose all stacks but either your next AA is boosted by 100% OR your next AA slows for X% for X seconds. (This defines the role better)

Forest of spears feels like a purely pve skill because your stacks don't effect it, the charge up skill you changed is still bad, who is going to take a skill that prevents you from attacking/moving for 2 seconds so you can move/attack a little better for 5 seconds... Positioning is everything in this game and the charge skill just feels bad. Cripple attack is the only useful skill, but its a conditional skill and therefor limited.

Compare it to sword line where Iron will you get speed buff as soon as you activate, the interrupt you get a damage increase even if you don't interrupt, also hamstring which slows no matter what compared to cripple which they have to have a speed buff on for it to slow?

The E skills are very subpar as they try to combine CC and heavy damage where if you want CC you have to wear plate, because the CC is so low... Your lucky if you can get someone rooted for 1-2 seconds.

It feels like you want to make it a utility weapon with removing slows while being able root, but you don't want to step on frost staff toes who slows people a lot better.

The role of this weapon just feels like all the leftover skills pushed into one weapon and no real defined role.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wadefu ().

• I noticed the red territories are now surrounded by PvP circle (excellent update) however the guards did not attack enemies. I was also not able to farm the resources as enemy. Is that function only intended for black zones or are reds currently bugged? Being the PvP circle now auto flags people in the territory I would anticipate it should be the same as black?
  • If by frost and fire shield ur refeering to the frost and inferno armor from leather and cloth then dont be misstaken with the tooltip name of said skills. They only grant u increased armor/magic resistance. "Shield-skills" refeers too skills that grant u a temporary hp buffer via ehp from shieldhitpoints.

The wording in the frostshield skill should be renamed to frostarmor to make it clearer.
  • Test servers are too laggy and unstable to try anything out extensively. I've already submitted multiple bug reports ingame i.e. territory/landscape clipping, invisible walls, reaver possibly not working, party ui completely messed up etc.

My main concern is:
    When force-moving (default RMB in Classic controls), instant spells will now generally not interrupt the movement.

At the moment, on the live servers as a nature healer - I can leave my LMB down and constantly move after I cast a spell to heal, this creates a fast paced and more importantly smooth game play experience.

On the test servers I HAVE to spam click to get moving again SO THE ABOVE QUOTED CHANGE DOES NOT WORK (you completely stop after casting instant spells), I'm not sure if this is a server issue or if this is intended, but if this is intended it's a huge blow to nature healing, mobility was why I choose nature over holy. Also there's an issue of my targets being deselected after trying to heal, it takes about ~5-6 spells for me to lose my target.

I can put up with the clunky healer UI but if you mess with the controls, I personally don't see myself playing any sort of healing/support.

Edited for clarity
  • Rosalia wrote:

i think someone already got a t3 bag from the black market system on the staging server!
    I wonder if there is any irony here that my squad was the first to get this item from killing a hell gate mini boss, boy will it be disappointing and confusing to get a t3 bag as a drop for a black zone hell gate on release, im sure many will be confused.

Retroman wrote:

The new Hammer Spell is not final, yet. It's internally already changed to knock allies always 8m away (ignoring any CCR) and knocking ernemies up in the air. Similiar to what happens with the Tornado. Please keep providing feedback on the latest balance changes and new spells. They might still get adjusted before the update hits live.

The new GvG Layout for Home Territories will go live at release. We didn't want to put them in the game with Hector, because they would mess with the buildings on currently existing home territories. And a database migration to move buildings around would have been not so easy and we might have arranged buildings in way guilds might also not be happy with. With the wipe on release, it makes it a lot easier to get the changed layout into the game. That's why it didn't go live yet.
    Please keep providing feedback on the latest balance changes and new spells. They might still get adjusted before the update hits live.

Im trying

Is there a reason why light armor keeps getting nerfs? Light players are limited to 2 in gvg's and have been for multiple tests now because you cant afford to have any more then 1 healer in light and 1 ranged dps in light or medium/heavy will run you over, like clarent/axe/mace which is the meta currently...

Very curious why cleric hood(ice block) cd was nerfd from 40 seconds to 1 minute yet soldier helmet block ability is 30 sec cd...

Not related to this patch but just in general, light shoes have too many blinks/swaps on it that arent really used in the game at all, about the only light boots that are being used r the instant blink and that is scarcely used on a tank for initiation, the rest are simply beaten by heavy or medium boots that have *leap* yet provide much better cooldowns and bonuses afterwards, such as dodge roll 20 sec cd vs hell gate artifact light boots *positional swap* that is 40 seconds and swaps you 8m, leaving you with no movement speed afterwards and double the cd.
  • Ofc it was irony, since the black market only generates drops that were sold already, and on the mordred testing server there is no need for people to sell items to an npc.
    But On release the first days your lootpool will contain t3/t4 which will improve every day since people get access to more stuff they sell.

GvG wise,
    2/5 people in cloth
    2/5 people in leather
    1/5 people in plate

Sounds fine to me for your generic copy paste meta build.
    Wouldn't be 3 cloth 1 plate 1 leather be unbalanced, showing that cloth is better than anything else?

Hellgate wise people currently run 4 cloth 1 medium with double healer successfully.

This doesn't excuse the fact that the position swap skill is pretty bad ( i agree there completely)
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
  • The problem with the swap, cause I've used it a bit is that it's clunky, sometimes rubberbands the target and sometimes simply doesn't work, it just teleports you to the target. Not sure if it's a defensive on the target (seems that way to me, not iceblock) or something else (maybe target is rooted and can't be swapped?), but it fails sometimes. And yes, I also think the cooldown is quite high for what it does. Add latency issues to the very small range and it becomes pretty hard to use.

Talk about latency, there's very visible issues fighting some people. I have ~110-120, and yet if my target is moving and i want to knock them back with a helm or the bedrock mace, they're never pushed in the position they should be based on what I see on my screen. Same with AOEs that are hitting on my screen when in fact the guy has already moved out and takes no damage, etc. It's really really frustrating to not be able to count on what the screen is showing you in terms of positioning. If you're not close to the servers, there's a whole class of skills you simply can not use efficiently.
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    The Iceblock was nerfed because it is by far the single most used helmet in the game and I would like to avoid a non-choice on any slot. Other defensive options like Block should be similiarly attractive. And I assume Iceblock will be still strong even with a 60s cooldown.

I will look into the position swap and see how it can be improved to make it less clunky and reevaluate if the cd is still warranted for the effect.
  • Retroman wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
    The Iceblock was nerfed because it is by far the single most used helmet in the game and I would like to avoid a non-choice on any slot. Other defensive options like Block should be similiarly attractive. And I assume Iceblock will be still strong even with a 60s cooldown.

I will look into the position swap and see how it can be improved to make it less clunky and reevaluate if the cd is still warranted for the effect.
    Iceblock is/was the complete package: a total immunity skill with a damage passive. I would rather have seen the other helms made more attractive than Iceblock nerfed, but for casual play a 60 second cooldown on what is supposed to be an emergency button is still reasonable.
  • Power Geyser isn't flying any1 into air when testing in duels. It doesn't knockback ur party members either. Even if it did, seems pretty useless ability compared to others.

Edit: Ok power geyser seems to fly enemy into air like 1 time out of 10 or something like that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dokuwan ().

• Rosalia wrote:

Ofc it was irony, since the black market only generates drops that were sold already, and on the mordred testing server there is no need for people to sell items to an npc.
    But On release the first days your lootpool will contain t3/t4 which will improve every day since people get access to more stuff they sell.
    I hope this is true, because unless the devs add some goodies i cant see realistically anyone selling their t4 the first couple days to the black market npc and not to other players/guild members, which means there will be a lag between people getting things while they PvE, which is just weird and confusing.

Rosalia wrote:

2/5 people in cloth
    2/5 people in leather
    1/5 people in plate

Sounds fine to me for your generic copy paste meta build.
    Wouldn't be 3 cloth 1 plate 1 leather be unbalanced, showing that cloth is better than anything else?

Hellgate wise people currently run 4 cloth 1 medium with double healer successfully.
    Its not actually fair since 1 healer is automatic to be in cloth which means its only 1 person in cloth, or has space in any gvg team. Leather is already the all godlike class, it does dmg and has plenty defensive's, its got it all while for some reason light keeps getting nerfd... When comparing skill vs skill, boot jump vs boot blink, all the leather gear usually beats light, chest abilities inferno shield vs frost shield is close, the rest cant compare, and helmets arent even close, medium wins in that category by a mile.

Retroman wrote:

Is that really true tho? Healers did not run iceblock they either ran mana regen or guardians for more tankiness. tanks did not run iceblock they ran usually the demon helmet for the silence, and if you can only have 1 dps in a gvg then wouldn't it be the least ran helmet? And i know this cant be true for open world since most people would run soldier helmet so that they can have godmode and still be able to move. Only viable choice for iceblock open world was for bows with frost shot because it provided an opportunity to use frost shot twice, once before ice block and once after.

Besides iceblock, what other light helmet should we use for defensive purposes? Mana helmet? Purge? Poison? I mean there is only 1 other option and its scholar with a tiny shield and some mana regen.
  • Retroman wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Start analizing how Dota balance things, it's the most balance moba game and it has a good game balance philosophy to follow. If the problem is that the Iceblock is by far the single most used helmet in the game them solve the problem by buffing the others helmets, not by nerfing really hard the only one that is good.

This Comic will help you understand what I mean. How Blizzard (World of Warcraft), Valve (Dota) and Riot (League of Legends) balance things:

• Jaime wrote:

Start analizing how Dota balance things, it's the most balance moba game and it has a good game balance philosophy to follow. If the problem is that the Iceblock is by far the single most used helmet in the game them solve the problem by buffing the others helmets, not by nerfing really hard the only one that is good.
    This Comic will help you understand what I mean. How Blizzard (World of Warcraft), Valve (Dota) and Riot (League of Legends) balance things:
    You cant always buff other things coz it will provide rock-paper-scissors game, which is not fun at all.