[24.05.2017] Test Server Patch Notes (Hector Update) (Added June 1 Changes)

• I think the prepatch hellgates are better in terms of risk and more fulfilling per total. The new black zone hellgates seem too easy and unrewarding.
    Bats have 3.5k hp instead of 8, big guys 4 instead of 10. Max pack size is 3 and even then, they're so easy to split/reset even solo. Also, with the removal of resources, it's just runes and very few souls, making the whole exercise kinda pointless. There's 0 risk from mobs anymore, making the run boring.
    You're there just for the end boss artifact chance. I solo'ed a hellgate this morning and it gave me 14 souls of various tiers, ~250 runes and 2 regular artifacts. Now split those into 5 for a regular group. 0 pve risk, lame loot, a big step down imo.

I think the new layout will allow for far more fight dodging than the previous one, since you can just run through mobs forever, even without invisibility and the other group won't be able to pin you down. If a group doesn't want to fight there's no real way to force them to either fight, or leave the hellgate. Also, we'll see far more 2-3 man groups just chipping away at the small bosses, so as a full group you won't get pvp and you won't get the 'full' fame and loot. (mini bosses drop shit anyway).

While the new layout seems interesting, I think mob difficulty and loot drops should be adjusted waaay up. I mean, other than gvgs, that most ppl won't really go into, hellgates are the interesting 'late game' thing. Make it easy and unrewarding and people will have nothing to do all day long.
  • Barbaghul wrote:

I think the prepatch hellgates are better in terms of risk and more fulfilling per total. The new black zone hellgates seem too easy and unrewarding.
    Bats have 3.5k hp instead of 8, big guys 4 instead of 10. Max pack size is 3 and even then, they're so easy to split/reset even solo. Also, with the removal of resources, it's just runes and very few souls, making the whole exercise kinda pointless. There's 0 risk from mobs anymore, making the run boring.
    You're there just for the end boss artifact chance. I solo'ed a hellgate this morning and it gave me 14 souls of various tiers, ~250 runes and 2 regular artifacts. Now split those into 5 for a regular group. 0 pve risk, lame loot, a big step down imo.

I think the new layout will allow for far more fight dodging than the previous one, since you can just run through mobs forever, even without invisibility and the other group won't be able to pin you down. If a group doesn't want to fight there's no real way to force them to either fight, or leave the hellgate. Also, we'll see far more 2-3 man groups just chipping away at the small bosses, so as a full group you won't get pvp and you won't get the 'full' fame and loot. (mini bosses drop shit anyway).

While the new layout seems interesting, I think mob difficulty and loot drops should be adjusted waaay up. I mean, other than gvgs, that most ppl won't really go into, hellgates are the interesting 'late game' thing. Make it easy and unrewarding and people will have nothing to do all day long.
    so. 7 (7) SEVEN artifacts (as 50 runes = 1 artifact/ even more if u random for 36 which makes it NINE) no equipment rolls yet as the black market isnt being utilised.

Sounds rewarding enough for a spammable pvp activity.
    Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
  • i think someone already got a t3 bag from the black market system on the staging server!

but yes, if you add the constantly improving loot pool from the black market, and the amount of artifacts, you will be rich if you are successful in no time!
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
  • ZaZii wrote:

Axolotl wrote:

Essences are no longer needed for refining!
    they still are. you seem to have missed that under "known issues/bugs"
    Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Endymion wrote:

Tried out tonight with 5 or so other people. All of us had frequent game freezes doing literally about anything. Game became unresponsive and only fix was restarting client.
    Keep in mind that Mordred is a test server and not intended for a big playerload. It is not as stable and optimized as the live server.

Taters wrote:

Axolotl wrote:

Essences are no longer needed for refining!

Essences are now only dropped by special mobs at altar locations.
    ???????????????? @Axolotl
    Essences are only being removed from refining, they are not completely being removed from the game;
  • Taters wrote:

so. 7 (7) SEVEN artifacts (as 50 runes = 1 artifact/ even more if u random for 36 which makes it NINE) no equipment rolls yet as the black market isnt being utilised.

Sounds rewarding enough for a spammable pvp activity.
    Maybe it sounds like it, but it isn't.

Those artifacts are not hellgate artifacts and are usually worth 15-20k each. Even going for 9 or 10, that's 2 per person, so 40k silver? For an activity where you have to risk 6.1-7.1 gear, time to gather, time to find a hellgate, time to clear, etc. A gatherer can easily bring in 300-500k per hour, with much less risk and while watching a movie on the other screen.

The main reason hellgates were successful this beta is that they were worth doing. They were reasonably challenging, had GOOD loot, which meant a big chance of pvp. Once the loot is gone, the pvp will go as well. The people will simply chose other activities that reward far more silver/hour for less risk. If you want PVP you need good loot.

There need to be dead ends, I think, maybe a shoehorn instead of a circle, so you can eventually corner someone and force them to fight or leave the hellgate, otherwise every hellgate will be just a cat and mouse game around mobility skills.
  • Regarding gathering.

Are T7 nodes just the same amount there was on a map before but split into smaller ones? Let's say a zone had one T7 node, so 320 materials. Now it would be 320 divided by 23 (current node size) which means about 14 nodes. Is that correct or devs went another way?

I think T7 will be way more boring than it was but we will see. Might be better to split it like it is on hector and give everyone a fair chance I guess.

Last point is, now that T7 is not a huge node, will resource mobs be "nerfed" so they can be soloable? T7 skinners are hurt the most by the update if they need help 24/7.
    The Fleet's Guild Master
    Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
  • Dagother wrote:

Substanz_D wrote:

Geyser is a knockback effect with nothing afterwards. It takes up a valuable slot such as sleep,cleave,charge but doesnt deliver atm. It looks pretty though

@skillazor
    You forgot to mention it also knocks back party members, doesn't it sound like the only counter to flail AoE root or any stun? Imo very useful skill.
    Did you try that skill yet? Tooltip says 8m but when i tested it to t3 mob it barely knocked it back.
    Doesn't provide dmg and cc is bad. Don't see much use unless knockback range is increased.
  • PPx wrote:

Dagother wrote:

Substanz_D wrote:

Geyser is a knockback effect with nothing afterwards. It takes up a valuable slot such as sleep,cleave,charge but doesnt deliver atm. It looks pretty though

@skillazor
    You forgot to mention it also knocks back party members, doesn't it sound like the only counter to flail AoE root or any stun? Imo very useful skill.
    Did you try that skill yet? Tooltip says 8m but when i tested it to t3 mob it barely knocked it back.Doesn't provide dmg and cc is bad. Don't see much use unless knockback range is increased.
    its the first version of the skill and might need a buff
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
  • PPx wrote:

Dagother wrote:

Substanz_D wrote:

@skillazor
    Did you try that skill yet? Tooltip says 8m but when i tested it to t3 mob it barely knocked it back.Doesn't provide dmg and cc is bad. Don't see much use unless knockback range is increased.
    8m is on char/mob with 0 CC resistance so it will most likely be less than that, but agree the knockback distance should be looked into.
  • PPx wrote:

But it knocked t3 mob like under half meter, how does that counter flail.
    You have to check that on party members + note there are armors and skills that boost your CC. Flail is used as a CC to follow-up with AoE, if you can knock back your party members out of the AoE you're pretty much a c-c-c-combo breaker ^^

@Substanz_D I main Flail and I'm happy about that change. Maybe we'll see more tactics now rather than AoE-root + AoE-dmg combo.
  • Dagother wrote:

You have to check that on party members + note there are armors and skills that boost your CC. Flail is used as a CC to follow-up with AoE, if you can knock back your party members out of the AoE you're pretty much a c-c-c-combo breaker
    btw about maces. they just started appear in gvgs and hgs and u said no and nerf them. great appreciate.

Can u at least repair stalling slam, its not so hard and there will be more diversity in maces gameplay -_-
    AKe1a - AKi | Nilfgaard
    youtube.com/c/nilfgaardguild
  • Thanks for the feedback. :)
    The new Hammer Spell is not final, yet. It's internally already changed to knock allies always 8m away (ignoring any CCR) and knocking ernemies up in the air. Similiar to what happens with the Tornado. Please keep providing feedback on the latest balance changes and new spells. They might still get adjusted before the update hits live.

The new GvG Layout for Home Territories will go live at release. We didn't want to put them in the game with Hector, because they would mess with the buildings on currently existing home territories. And a database migration to move buildings around would have been not so easy and we might have arranged buildings in way guilds might also not be happy with. With the wipe on release, it makes it a lot easier to get the changed layout into the game. That's why it didn't go live yet.

Cheers,
    Retro