Some concerns regarding the upcoming changes in the Hector update

• Korn schrieb:

Hi all,

I just posted some replies here.

Here is a TLDR:
      • Markets and trade routes outside of the green cities currently do not work that great. The Caerleon change condenses all outland cities and the red city into one. This will give rise to much more efficient high end trade, and also create really nice trade routes from green to Caerleon and from Caerleon. While these routes are short, they will also be exicting due to being gankable - though this is kept somewhat in check by the crime and reputation system on the royal side of Caerleon
      • Note that you can always use all portals FROM the Outlands TO Caerleon, even if you are currently "locked". If you do, your "lock" will be overwritten to the Outland portal that you just used. Hence, the portal locking only restricts your travel FROM Caerleon TO the Outlands.
      • Another key benefit of the changes is that we expect them to make both, the red zones and the black zones, much more active then they are right now, as Caerleon now provides a really cool basis for both.
      • The green player cities will still be very active. After all, they will remain the main hubs for lower end resources, and also remain the base for all of the players who prefer green/yellow zone play over red/black zone play.
      • When it comes to game performance, with some of the recent changes that we made, we are comfortable that we can support 750 players in a single city. We do not expect Caerleon to go beyond that, if it does, we have contingency plans that we can execute.
      Best regards,
      Korn

@Korn

This game is beta right? You guys are basing your argument on the community of beta. When it goes live obviously there will be alot more people meaning the blackzones should be more populated.

By making Caerleon the trade hub you are essentially making solo traders literally impossible to get there now that there will be gank squads all over. So solo play gets a hit and zergs get a plus. By making territories in the black zone only have T8 resources it gives zergs a plus and solo/ small pvp a hit. There is no way in hell a 5 man can get T8 resrouces when the guilds have mobs to protect it and a whole guild to get the T8 Resources. You guys are making it so its going to be zerg vs zerg to get T8 resources. So what about solo/ small groups? They get screwed out of T8 resources. Making a monopoly from the top guilds to sell however they want. So another + for zergs.

+3 on zergs
      -3 on solo and small groups

Good job. Pretty much mandatory to join a huge guild now. Essentially this game will become just huge alliances vs huge alliances while small guilds just left in the dust unable to advance gear due to the T8. Why not make it so low rep people CANNOT enter caerleon at all otherwise its just gonna be gank city as soon as you leave. You are making it so big guilds/zergs have a huge advantage over small guilds and solo people.
      Selling Cabbage Soups cheaper than AH
    • Kaez3 schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Hi all,

Here is a TLDR:
      • Markets and trade routes outside of the green cities currently do not work that great. The Caerleon change condenses all outland cities and the red city into one. This will give rise to much more efficient high end trade, and also create really nice trade routes from green to Caerleon and from Caerleon. While these routes are short, they will also be exicting due to being gankable - though this is kept somewhat in check by the crime and reputation system on the royal side of Caerleon
      • Note that you can always use all portals FROM the Outlands TO Caerleon, even if you are currently "locked". If you do, your "lock" will be overwritten to the Outland portal that you just used. Hence, the portal locking only restricts your travel FROM Caerleon TO the Outlands.
      • Another key benefit of the changes is that we expect them to make both, the red zones and the black zones, much more active then they are right now, as Caerleon now provides a really cool basis for both.
      • The green player cities will still be very active. After all, they will remain the main hubs for lower end resources, and also remain the base for all of the players who prefer green/yellow zone play over red/black zone play.
      • When it comes to game performance, with some of the recent changes that we made, we are comfortable that we can support 750 players in a single city. We do not expect Caerleon to go beyond that, if it does, we have contingency plans that we can execute.
      Best regards,
      Korn
      @Korn

This game is beta right? You guys are basing your argument on the community of beta. When it goes live obviously there will be alot more people meaning the blackzones should be more populated.

By making Caerleon the trade hub you are essentially making solo traders literally impossible to get there now that there will be gank squads all over. So solo play gets a hit and zergs get a plus. By making territories in the black zone only have T8 resources it gives zergs a plus and solo/ small pvp a hit. There is no way in hell a 5 man can get T8 resrouces when the guilds have mobs to protect it and a whole guild to get the T8 Resources. You guys are making it so its going to be zerg vs zerg to get T8 resources. So what about solo/ small groups? They get screwed out of T8 resources. Making a monopoly from the top guilds to sell however they want. So another + for zergs.

+3 on zergs
      -3 on solo and small groups

Good job. Pretty much mandatory to join a huge guild now. Essentially this game will become just huge alliances vs huge alliances while small guilds just left in the dust unable to advance gear due to the T8. Why not make it so low rep people CANNOT enter caerleon at all otherwise its just gonna be gank city as soon as you leave. You are making it so big guilds/zergs have a huge advantage over small guilds and solo people.
      Feel totally free to correct me if I'm wrong but won't the rep system limit how many lowbies you can gank on the way to the city non consensual? If you just sit there and farm lowbies your reputation will go to low then BAM, totally screwed if you had any plans of using the central city?

And tier 8 stuff is incredibly rare and expensive at least in the current beta, if a few top guilds control the flow then is that really such a bad thing considering the enormous risk/reward scenario involved in retrieving it in the first place?

I'm a bit confused about this stuff and the overwhelming negative reactions but in SC and HOTS the devs constantly roll out good changes and every patch has that small but very vocal amount of posters who claim that the game will not be good anymore and broken and dead and the devs are clueless so on and so forth.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Wallet-Warrior schrieb:

Thanks for the reply and info.

Just to clarify my opinion on solo player success vs large guild success in resource gathering and crafting, I don't feel that solo players should be on equal footing to large guilds, of course. The current state of the game gives a huge advantage to large guilds being able to comb the black zones and collect resources safely with protection in large groups. These groups can murder and steal all resources being farmed by solo players in the area. This is a big disadvantage to solo players, but I think this is fine. My concern was that the tier 8 resources only being available to watchtowers means that solo players can't even make a risky attempt at getting the best resources any longer. The solo player is barred from gaining access with the new changes.
      #1 gatherer on the server is currently a solo player (for the most part, at least in the gathering department he is like 99% solo, we - as his guild only help him haul stuff)...
      I'll let that sink in....

nuff said

@Buldozer

EDIT: Im pretty much a solo gatherer myself. Able to wear/gather T8 and im like top 180 on server...

Well , its always depend , people will fight at begin and will not care anymore later . I also dont really like that t8 idea , because that will hurt 95 % of LOW GUILD in the Albion online . I am not talking about myself , i dont care i got illimited t8 t7 praticly right now ( soo for the beta ... who care ) BUT at release , lets be serious .

U want pvp ? Then CREAT a BOSS will drop t8 , sapwning in ANY ZONE of Blackzone .
      If u want PVP , just create arena , create 5v5 duel .

My main idea is simple.

its 960 t8 , cut in half.

HALF in territory 480
      HALF in watchtower.480

Or 600 360 , i dont know . But HELP the low guild , i think u killing low guild with that idea about the t8 . Its a gvg war , not a 5 guild zerg war .

I am praticly not playing anymore right now , because its beta , also , they need add long term gather stuff . I dont care if u need 1 years of 80h a week to get t10 , but make it . Soo people still have a GOAL.
    • Korn schrieb:

Hi all,

Here is a TLDR:
      Best regards,
      Korn

Don't push this live! It's terrible!
    • Korn schrieb:

Your problems is the Black City's, not the existing trade Routes!
      You can create all off that (deleting the BlackCitys, and creating the portals to Carleon) but leave the harbours as they are.

You have the numbers right!? You know the exact numbers of accounts you sold and the exact number of gamers online in the beta!
      You know that this game will be a HELL of a LAG right!

There will not be a trade route form Yellow to Carleon, for small guilds, or solo players, this will divide the game in 2, is the end of the "any one mattes!"

Korn schrieb:

Realy!?
      Sooo.... can he have the same system in any map of the game please, cause lets face, the game is not set to 50vs50 fights

PS: did you really think that will be only 750 ppl online in that city for the releasee
    • Tenzin schrieb:

And tier 8 stuff is incredibly rare and expensive at least in the current beta, if a few top guilds control the flow then is that really such a bad thing considering the enormous risk/reward scenario involved in retrieving it in the first place?

I'm a bit confused about this stuff and the overwhelming negative reactions but in SC and HOTS the devs constantly roll out good changes and every patch has that small but very vocal amount of posters who claim that the game will not be good anymore and broken and dead and the devs are clueless so on and so forth.

Sure thing big guilds will have their hands on as many T8 maps as possible, so they will sell for outrageous prices and only when they'd want to make strong benefit, keeping so even more power over small guilds as solo players.

No way for anyone to buy and sell T8 materials to make a profit, for prices will more likely skyrocket to the point only decently populated guilds will be able to afford some.

That's really easy to foresee in a game whose economy is based on materials as products made from materials.
    • Dragnark schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Challenge accepted :P .BTW @Korn a "Nefarious" or "Dreaded" character will be able to leave Caerleon into Red Zone?
      Nefarious yes, Dreaded no. Of course, dreaded players can still go to Caerleon, and from Caerleon to the Outlands.
    • LordSilva schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Your problems is the Black City's, not the existing trade Routes!You can create all off that (deleting the BlackCitys, and creating the portals to Carleon) but leave the harbours as they are.

You have the numbers right!? You know the exact numbers of accounts you sold and the exact number of gamers online in the beta!
      You know that this game will be a HELL of a LAG right!

There will not be a trade route form Yellow to Carleon, for small guilds, or solo players, this will divide the game in 2, is the end of the "any one mattes!"

Korn schrieb:

Realy!?Sooo.... can he have the same system in any map of the game please, cause lets face, the game is not set to 50vs50 fights

PS: did you really think that will be only 750 ppl online in that city for the releasee
      I agree with this 100%. It isn't rocket science. You can achieve everything you are trying to with this update, and reduce everyone's fears, by having a central city but making it so the harbours are the only way to get to black zones. This will eliminate a lot of the problems. No portals...
    • Calamus schrieb:

I agree with this 100%. It isn't rocket science. You can achieve everything you are trying to with this update, and reduce everyone's fears, by having a central city but making it so the harbours are the only way to get to black zones. This will eliminate a lot of the problems. No portals...
      They can make the portal in place of the Blackzone city's, just don't delete the Harbours in the same process!
    • Korn schrieb:

Hi all,

Here is a TLDR:
      Best regards,
      Korn

Why would anyone stay in the green cities and import higher end resources when they can sit in Caerleon and get all the lower tier resources they need from laborers?

You seriously expect that Caerleon won't go beyond 750, Fort Sterling was hitting 400's when there were people playing in the beta. 400, with other cities to choose from. What do you base this conclusion on? The way it looks to me, Caerleon will be a lagfest because any remotely serious guild can't afford not to base there.
    • Syndic schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Hi all,

Here is a TLDR:
      Best regards,
      Korn
      Why would anyone stay in the green cities and import higher end resources when they can sit in Caerleon and get all the lower tier resources they need from laborers?

You seriously expect that Caerleon won't go beyond 750, Fort Sterling was hitting 400's when there were people playing in the beta. 400, with other cities to choose from. What do you base this conclusion on? The way it looks to me, Caerleon will be a lagfest because any remotely serious guild can't afford not to base there.
      Testserver patch notes:
      • Substantially adjusted journal setup; note crafting journals now only count items of their tier
    • I cannot understand how people could possibly prefer the huge run to get to black using harbors over the simplicity of portals. Portals will drastically increase the amount of activity in black because you can now go to black without the long run. Running 10 zones to then be zerged down is annoying. Doesn't matter as much if you can just instant port instead.
    • Maybe you should replace the portal with a teleporter to the portal which would be in its own zone. Are all of the people sitting outside the portal waiting on cooldowns going to choke the server when, as the new hub, the city will be busy already? Wouldn't it be better to have these players AFK somewhere else?