I just posted some replies here.
Here is a TLDR:
- Markets and trade routes outside of the green cities currently do not work that great. The Caerleon change condenses all outland cities and the red city into one. This will give rise to much more efficient high end trade, and also create really nice trade routes from green to Caerleon and from Caerleon. While these routes are short, they will also be exicting due to being gankable - though this is kept somewhat in check by the crime and reputation system on the royal side of Caerleon
- Note that you can always use all portals FROM the Outlands TO Caerleon, even if you are currently "locked". If you do, your "lock" will be overwritten to the Outland portal that you just used. Hence, the portal locking only restricts your travel FROM Caerleon TO the Outlands.
- Another key benefit of the changes is that we expect them to make both, the red zones and the black zones, much more active then they are right now, as Caerleon now provides a really cool basis for both.
- The green player cities will still be very active. After all, they will remain the main hubs for lower end resources, and also remain the base for all of the players who prefer green/yellow zone play over red/black zone play.
- When it comes to game performance, with some of the recent changes that we made, we are comfortable that we can support 750 players in a single city. We do not expect Caerleon to go beyond that, if it does, we have contingency plans that we can execute.
This game is beta right? You guys are basing your argument on the community of beta. When it goes live obviously there will be alot more people meaning the blackzones should be more populated.
By making Caerleon the trade hub you are essentially making solo traders literally impossible to get there now that there will be gank squads all over. So solo play gets a hit and zergs get a plus. By making territories in the black zone only have T8 resources it gives zergs a plus and solo/ small pvp a hit. There is no way in hell a 5 man can get T8 resrouces when the guilds have mobs to protect it and a whole guild to get the T8 Resources. You guys are making it so its going to be zerg vs zerg to get T8 resources. So what about solo/ small groups? They get screwed out of T8 resources. Making a monopoly from the top guilds to sell however they want. So another + for zergs.
+3 on zergs
-3 on solo and small groups
Good job. Pretty much mandatory to join a huge guild now. Essentially this game will become just huge alliances vs huge alliances while small guilds just left in the dust unable to advance gear due to the T8. Why not make it so low rep people CANNOT enter caerleon at all otherwise its just gonna be gank city as soon as you leave. You are making it so big guilds/zergs have a huge advantage over small guilds and solo people.
Selling Cabbage Soups cheaper than AH