Albion Development Recap (May 19)

• Albion Development Recap (May 19)

Neu

Hello everyone,

It has been a while, but Game Director Robin Henkys (aka @Eltharyon) is back with a new Development Recap, revealing the upcoming improvements to the Outlands. Watch the video here!

Make sure to also check out the website announcement, as it contains more information regarding the removed maps and when to expect Hector.

Enjoy!

- Enya

Clarification, added on 20th May 2017

Korn schrieb:

Additional Info on the Portal Locking
      • The portal lock only restricts your travel options FROM Caerleon TO the Outlands
      • You can always use any portal FROM the Outlands to Caerleon. If you do, it will overwrite your current portal lock and lock you to the outland region/portal that you came from instead
      Say you port from Caerleon to the high outlands. You are now locked to "high" for 2 hours.

However, you can manually travel through the outlands, to a medium or low exit, for example, and use that exit to travel back to Caerleon. If you do that, your "lock" will change to wherever you just came from.

What this means is quite simple: you can still venture everywhere in the Outlands. The "locking" feature just prevents you from freely teleporting from A to B on a constant basis. It's somewhat similar to how it is right now. If you want to go from high outlands to low, you'd have to take the high harbour to royals, then travel to the low harbour and then go from there to the low outlands.
    • Neu

Judging from what i'm hearing.

This would then mean that dreaded players would no longer be locked solely to blacks no? or at least have access to caerleon and the portal network?

Cool stuff.

EDIT:

So concerns about day 1. Now that all traffic is directed through caerleon, thats gonna be hell for anyone outside large alliances/guilds interested in black presence. The blockades are gonna be real.
      Larger guilds run the same scheme, recruit the masses to support the inner core of golden children. Burning out players to fuel their forum pvp. We Don't, We Won't. Huntsman Recruiting

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Taters ()

• Neu

Rosalia schrieb:

Guild island:sheerbrought
      All loot items: sheerbrought

where do i evacuate and store all my stuff.
      Harbour chests? Will be wiped!
      Guild Island? Wiped
      City? Wiped
      Giving them to someone i trust? They all dreaded

WTB a chest for refugees!
      trust me cuz. 100k daily storage fee
      Larger guilds run the same scheme, recruit the masses to support the inner core of golden children. Burning out players to fuel their forum pvp. We Don't, We Won't. Huntsman Recruiting
    • Neu

I still think developers going wrong way. Carleone rework will change nothing, big mistake imo. But who cares, hardcore guilds said enought , nothing to change, no time untill release. A lot of changes for 3 months (jk not). We all understand the "road to release"
      Not even toxic, just sad truth.
    • Neu

Rosalia schrieb:

Guild Island? Wiped
      Srsly?
      They can't just re-bind guild and personal islands to new city this one time?

(invested like 20-30h+ into building my personal island... 10h being literally the building-time. clicking and waiting for 10-50 seconds for like a thousand times)

"re-bind" seems more tricky with chests, so that's what I'm fine with.
    • Neu

ZaZii schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Guild Island? Wiped
      Srsly?They can't just re-bind guild and personal islands to new city this one time?

(invested like 20-30h+ into building my personal island... 10h being literally the building-time. clicking and waiting for 10-50 seconds for like a thousand times)

i don't know anything about the logistical ideas and solutions behind it, all i know its a 1 time issue in beta, so longterm it doesn't matter if you are honest. Short term it straight up sucks!
      Want to give feedback on combat balancing? Go here Feedback form!
    • Neu

Rosalia schrieb:

ZaZii schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Guild Island? Wiped
      Srsly?They can't just re-bind guild and personal islands to new city this one time?

i don't know anything about the logistical ideas and solutions behind it, all i know its a 1 time issue in beta, so longterm it doesn't matter if you are honest. Short term it straight up sucks!
      The logistics don't seem that difficult.
      They probably have a database where the different players/guilds' islands are bound to a specific ID, which represents the town/city. Could be as simple as switching that ID with the one from royalCapital. (not saying it is, but i guess that's how it "could" be)
    • Neu

What will happen for players that own land in the Outland cities with buildings on them?

I understand why you're doing the Caerleon portal stuff but at the same time you're also throwing the towel on local markets, trade and transport in the Outlands. You haven't designed towards trade and transport in the Outlands in general so I'm not surprised but it's interesting to note.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Phifas ()

• Neu

My concern is the "bigger" guilds forming ZERGS and blocking off this main city. As well as halting the smaller guilds and solo players from basically having any access to the city. Which would seem to work in their favor, and some what be ironic in terms of guilds "have limited stance in outlands". Thoughts?
    • Neu

Great decisions, cant wait to see it play out.

For those now diverting focus wanting special solutions for those living in the cities to be deleted:

Wtf guys?, its a beta - and you will have a wipe 3 weeks after this patch hits and you focus on wanting devs to spend time on saving your stuff for those 3 weeks?

Makes no sense at all, however of this is what people complain about then i think its safe to call the changes for a big success
    • Neu

I like the changes in general but... what If I'm based on Mercia, I start a roam with the guild to cumbria, we roam around for a while and we end in a portal on cumbria.

If i'm not wrong, if we use this portal to carleon we'll have a 2h ban to go back home?

Another real life example: we start the same roam, after 1h when we are in cumbria some guys wants to go "dinner", they use the cumbria portal to carleon, after 30 minutes afk they come back and have 2 options: go back to cumbria and walk alone to home or wait in carleon 2 hours to use the teleport.

I'm right?
      - Be water my pleb.

• Neu

zandy schrieb:

I feel with the change to the towers that you will see large guilds holding war camps and attacking themselves with alt guilds (done already to hold certain areas) or have a guild drop an alliance to attack each other just to refresh t8 resources? I could be wrong? Just a thought though
      It gonna be refresh anyways in the prime time of the territory, no gvg is needed for it.
      - Be water my pleb.

• Neu

Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

For those now diverting focus wanting special solutions for those living in the cities to be deleted:

Wtf guys?, its a beta - and you will have a wipe 3 weeks after this patch hits and you focus on wanting devs to spend time on saving your stuff for those 3 weeks?

Makes no sense at all, however of this is what people complain about then i think its safe to call the changes for a big success
      So there's no point for those peps to keep testing the game. That's what you are saying ?

That's will be almost a new wipe for those ones :
      if they stay they are going to lose every thing ;
      if they move they gonna spent so much time on, it's almost the same
      not even talking about the lose on destroying buildings and on blockade that will happen on thoses cities.

But yes your not concerned about it, so who care.

And it's a beta testing yes, but those kind of change may happen after the release and thinking of solutions for peps affected by those change right now isn't a waste of time

If no help is provided (rebinding islands seems to be a good idea) a statement about it would have been appreciated.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Drama ()

• Neu

Islands linked to the removed maps will indeed also be removed. Considering how close we are to release and the final wipe, we will not spend resources and time on a migration-system. This however does not mean that in the unlikely event that this happens after the game is live, there will not be a migration or other compensation. However, as it is beta and we are close to release, everything will be removed.

(Ignore the above) Updated information regarding Islands and Marketplaces:

All islands (guild and personal) and marketplaces linked to the soon-to-be removed maps will be migrated to Caerleon. This means you can store items either on the marketplace or on your personal island, if you do not have another safe place for them.