What will the monthly fee be?

• Redrusty66 schrieb:

So here's how this went. Reading some reviews on game in Steam by burned players. Sees mention of this game several times. Hit the google, hummm, looks interesting, watches some vids, hummm, nice (what's the catch). Watches some more, umm, nice promises, now let's hit the forum and find the catch. Oh, it's a pay to play game, ok, prefer that over f2p anyway due to micros and pay to win, pay to progress, pay to have anything. Humm, pretty much 30 bucks to own, bit steep, but ok....still feel a catch. Let's keep reading/searching. OHHHH, "premium" , aka a replacement for microtransactions. They just want the micros in one lump sum...ok. So those gameplay promises from the vids aren't "really" purchased with a 30 buck purchase, that's only an "Entrance fee". ...Oh I see, you don't "have to", you'll just "Progress slower...much much much slower". (But I spent 30$ didn't I?). Well If you want your "player island" to "Farm"...yep, i'm afraid you'll not get that for 30$ (jt's just an entrance fee remember). Ummm, so 15 bucks a month on top of your 30$ entrance fee and you can play "Albion Online in a progressive way..

And there's the catch. And PS to "Redamo" when you say "It's not technically mandatory but the bonuses make it almost essential" you are also implying that the gameplay without it, is so bad, tedious or joyless ON TOP of needing the bonuses that it pretty much IS mandatory..lol And again, there's that catch I knew I'd find in here somewhere.
      Think of the game as nothing more then a subscription based game that also allows you to login and do things without maintaining that fee. This is very much plausible for things like PvP or gathering where once you have reached a happy progression you can slow things down and just save money by not buying premium.

Farming, crafting and refining are really where you feel more of the hit because the crafting focus points only regenerate on premium accounts. Even so you can still craft and refine without CF and farming can even still be done but its drastically nerfed so I wouldn't recomend engaging in the farm life unless you do intend to keep premium going.

There is no mandatory to premium in order to play and enjoy the game.
    • Devious schrieb:

Redrusty66 schrieb:

And there's the catch. And PS to "Redamo" when you say "It's not technically mandatory but the bonuses make it almost essential" you are also implying that the gameplay without it, is so bad, tedious or joyless ON TOP of needing the bonuses that it pretty much IS mandatory..lol And again, there's that catch I knew I'd find in here somewhere.
      Think of the game as nothing more then a subscription based game that also allows you to login and do things without maintaining that fee. This is very much plausible for things like PvP or gathering where once you have reached a happy progression you can slow things down and just save money by not buying premium.
      Farming, crafting and refining are really where you feel more of the hit because the crafting focus points only regenerate on premium accounts. Even so you can still craft and refine without CF and farming can even still be done but its drastically nerfed so I wouldn't recomend engaging in the farm life unless you do intend to keep premium going.

There is no mandatory to premium in order to play and enjoy the game.

You mean unless you would like to farm, craft and have no interest in being weak cannon fodder for pvp'ers..lol So I'm not really sure what you left there to "enjoy". No problem, the point being, and why I even bothered speaking was I found the whole thing by a couple of people who were responding to the complaints and severe failure of a game on steam to a very very similar system that was implemented on a game months after it's initial release, it still costs money to buy it but then they implemented a "premium" feature that put most of the progression and activities behind a monthly fee, the game's near dead and deservingly so with a lot of angry folks and negative feedback.
      . This game was mentioned by a couple of (Supposedly) "Agree'ers" trashing that game but yet holding this game up as the better way to do it and everyone should come and look at this one instead. Hence me ending up here only to see pretty much the very same exact thing...leaving me a little perplexed, enough to actually log in and say something. I suppose however, they could have just been shills steering people to this game, like a sort of personal advertising, despite knowing it was pretty much the exact same system they were "joining in on" the complaints regarding that game...lmao The internet/people can be quite interesting and strange I guess..lol.
    • Redrusty66 schrieb:

Midgard schrieb:

Redamo schrieb:

Short answer, $12.95 per month approximately, based on the fact that 12.95 will buy you 2600 gold and the cost for 30 days of premium is 2500 gold.As has been explained in the other comprehensive posts here, its not technically mandatory (although the bonuses make it almost essential) and you can pay using silver for gold so it is possible to play for free after your initial purchase.
      So here's how this went. Reading some reviews on game in Steam by burned players. Sees mention of this game several times. Hit the google, hummm, looks interesting, watches some vids, hummm, nice (what's the catch). Watches some more, umm, nice promises, now let's hit the forum and find the catch. Oh, it's a pay to play game, ok, prefer that over f2p anyway due to micros and pay to win, pay to progress, pay to have anything. Humm, pretty much 30 bucks to own, bit steep, but ok....still feel a catch. Let's keep reading/searching. OHHHH, "premium" , aka a replacement for microtransactions. They just want the micros in one lump sum...ok. So those gameplay promises from the vids aren't "really" purchased with a 30 buck purchase, that's only an "Entrance fee". ...Oh I see, you don't "have to", you'll just "Progress slower...much much much slower". (But I spent 30$ didn't I?). Well If you want your "player island" to "Farm"...yep, i'm afraid you'll not get that for 30$ (jt's just an entrance fee remember). Ummm, so 15 bucks a month on top of your 30$ entrance fee and you can play "Albion Online in a progressive way..
      With the 30$ pack you will get one month of premium , which means that u can freely create a private island, plus u get 2000 gold, with jst 600 more ( that u can easy purchase with silver) u get another month, so eventually u get what the vids promise.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von AbunA ()

• Redrusty66 schrieb:

You mean unless you would like to farm, craft and have no interest in being weak cannon fodder for pvp'ers.
      You can farm without premium, craft without premium and you retain all your levels and power after premium expires. How fast you get from point A to B is the only factor that changes.

At the start of the game those with premium and focused builds will ofcourse steamroll ahead of those who do a jack of all trades, remain unorganized or stop using premium but after a few months they will start reaching their capped levels and at that point their advantages start to drop off.

Someone who doesn't have premium all the time can still catch up in time.

Redrusty66 schrieb:

it still costs money to buy it but then they implemented a "premium" feature that put most of the progression and activities behind a monthly fee,
      Its better that it costs a subscription fee then to be free to play with pay2win features. Also its misleading to say that it puts most progression and activities behind a monthly fee because it actually puts "half" your progression not most, and it limits zero activities. Its not like Runescape where if you play for free you are locked out of certain events or features.

In AO you have complete access to everything aside from the island where you need to have purchased at least 1 month of premium but likewise that is a 1 time deal. Afterwards you do not need to maintain premium to use and access your island.
    • Redrusty66 schrieb:

Midgard schrieb:

Redamo schrieb:

Short answer, $12.95 per month approximately, based on the fact that 12.95 will buy you 2600 gold and the cost for 30 days of premium is 2500 gold.As has been explained in the other comprehensive posts here, its not technically mandatory (although the bonuses make it almost essential) and you can pay using silver for gold so it is possible to play for free after your initial purchase.
      Oh I see, you don't "have to", you'll just "Progress slower...much much much slower". (But I spent 30$ didn't I?). Well If you want your "player island" to "Farm"...yep, i'm afraid you'll not get that for 30$ (jt's just an entrance fee remember). Ummm, so 15 bucks a month on top of your 30$ entrance fee and you can play "Albion Online in a progressive way..
      And there's the catch.

There's no catch, you buy the game including 30 days premium for $30. That will give anyone but those who do not want to put in the little effort to make enough silver to never have to pay for the game again.

Player island will take you what, 10-15 hours of game play? I streamed my first two days (about 10 hours), fumbled along as I am a total noob in this game and made nearly 200K silver in the progress (and I really did not try hard here). That is about half of what is needed to buy a months worth of premium in game.

You get what you play for here.. Yes I said play..