What will the monthly fee be?

• Rather than a subscription, there is "premium status" on a per-character basis which gives some bonuses like extra resources when gathering, faster skill increases and improved crafting. You do not have to have premium status to play, but advancement will be slower.

Premium status is paid for with "gold". Gold can be purchased with real dollars from the game's website. There is also an in-game gold market where players can trade gold for silver earned in the game (the price will fluctuate depending on how many people are selling gold and how many people want to buy it). This allows people to use silver to buy premium status, therefore avoiding the need to spend real dollars (as long as at least some people are spending money).

If the price of gold (in silver) rises too high, people will be more likely to spend real money to buy gold and then convert it into large amounts of silver, driving the price back down. If there is an oversupply of gold, then it will be very cheap and easy for people to buy to activate premium status time (driving the price back up). As more silver enters the game, expect there to be general inflation in the gold price over time.

Expect, in particular, the price of gold to rise sharply a month after release as people's initial 30-day premium time runs out and they start to look for gold to extend it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zotar ()

• Neu

Thanks for the reply. The in game gold to silver exchange for subscription time sounds like the nightmare of plex from Eve to me. That never balanced out from what I remember and just inflated to the point where you had to only focus on that and instead of enjoying the game. Eve finally learned and came out with a free to play model but to late for me to return.
    • Neu

Monthly free is only how much gold it costs to buy Premium which is currently think in it's current format is very bad for the longevity of the game, mostly because Premium status gives the game NO longevity because it allows you to race through tiers and massively out harvest someone without it, I consider it impossible the way the economy works to even remotely enjoy Albion without premium the same way a premium player can.

Granted, despite that salt (only because I wished fame came harder, I've only been playing for 2 weeks casually and I'm walking around with tier 6.2 armor with 5.2 weaponry, that's low level relatively speaking I know but it's still alot of advancement in a short time) you CAN just use your Premium status to farm heavily for 2 - 3 days and just make the in game currency that it will take to purchase a month of premium, which I think is awesome.

Isn't 560K silver like, 20 dollars worth of gold? Something like that
    • Neu

yeah its kinda easy to get your premium right now, but if the market resets, you will get way less silver for your gold, so it will take some more time (pretty sure it will stay easy to farm 500k in 30 days)
      but there will be new people, people that dont play the whole day and stuff - just imagine your progress if you would play less than 2 hours a day, without premium -
      longevity as you say, is granted by breaking things on dead, so theres always a need of anything, and i think thats the game, play pvp - lose or win everything - get new stuff - play pvp again
      1v1 me csgo
    • Neu

Schubey schrieb:

yeah its kinda easy to get your premium right now, but if the market resets, you will get way less silver for your gold, so it will take some more time (pretty sure it will stay easy to farm 500k in 30 days)
      but there will be new people, people that dont play the whole day and stuff - just imagine your progress if you would play less than 2 hours a day, without premium -
      longevity as you say, is granted by breaking things on dead, so theres always a need of anything, and i think thats the game, play pvp - lose or win everything - get new stuff - play pvp again
      I can imagine fame farming without Premium honestly, like yea you might not zip through the weapon/armor tiers like you currently do but fame farming will still be possible.

Crafting and gathering without premium however is like a why even bother kind of thing, you'll just harvest such pathetic amounts of resources for the time invested.

I mean longevity like player progression since I'm sure there will be some changes to alts at least in the future, I could however be completely wrong lol
    • Neu

Redamo schrieb:

Thanks for the reply. The in game gold to silver exchange for subscription time sounds like the nightmare of plex from Eve to me. That never balanced out from what I remember and just inflated to the point where you had to only focus on that and instead of enjoying the game. Eve finally learned and came out with a free to play model but to late for me to return.

PLEX from EvE was great until they introduced the cosmetics shop requiring ...PLEX to pay for(It's been so long I can't recall)? Then it became ridiculous and unsustainable for those using PLEX in-game to purchase their sub.

This game you can purchase your premium with gold or a fluctuating amount of silver(depending on gold market) to sustain it.
    • Neu

Redamo schrieb:

It's not the same!
      EVE is still a pay to play title with the option to buy PLEX wth ingame currency to pay for 30 days of gametime per one PLEX.
      So you either pay for 30 days with money, or you grind enough ingame currency and buy a PLEX from the ingame market.
      YOu can also buy PLEX for real money and sell it for ingame currency,
      EVE "free to play" is just a trial without time restriction. It is not really "free to play" as your skillpoints (character) progression is capped on the "free to play" model, to a point where you can NOT be competetive or effective at any aspect of the game. (trust me on this one, I played it for 10+ years, you can not be effective with the SP they allow you "for free")

Albion is buy to play.
      You buy the game once and you can play it forever. Your character progression is not capped.
      Buying Gold is optional and you don't need any Gold to play the game and continue to progress your character.
      Progress however slows down dramaticly at some point, because you lack the benefits of Premium (more Silver drops, more Resources from gathering, Learningpoints....)
      The grind without Premium becomes so massive that at one point or another you will buy Premium. But at this point where it really becomes painful, you should have found your way to make enough Silver in game without grinding 24/7 nonstop.

Don't forget: it's a sandbox and a longterm game. There is no "rush to max level" like in themepark MMO's. Take it at your own pace, have fun.
      Don't rush it. You win if you simply take your time. And if you grind out things you do make quite some Silver ;)
      Also, the game gives you the option to buy enough Gold for Premiumtime for anything between one day to one year. Use it and be smart ;)
      :) smell the flowers while you can :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von TeekBuddha ()

• Neu

Being able to play without premium will be good in the long term as it means that someone who plays for a while and then quits can easily come back at any time to play without having to spend money. If they stock up a bit of gold before they quit, then it is easy to reactivate premium at any time.

Being able to buy premium for a short period like a day or 3 days also makes it easy for people that don't have time to play a lot to activate it only when they need it.
    • Neu

Redamo schrieb:

Short answer, $12.95 per month approximately, based on the fact that 12.95 will buy you 2600 gold and the cost for 30 days of premium is 2500 gold.

As has been explained in the other comprehensive posts here, its not technically mandatory (although the bonuses make it almost essential) and you can pay using silver for gold so it is possible to play for free after your initial purchase.
    • Neu

Consider that a player with premium has to return each month 2500 gold wothr back to pay for it, so for a player who just logs in for 1-2 hours a day then you are good without premium and in the end you may end with more resources than a guy who plays premium same amount as your eg 1-2 hours a day.
      Premium becomes more valuable when you play at least more than 3-6 hours a day.
      Also there are some activities which do not require premium, like trading for example or dueling with stake in towns.
    • Neu

Midgard schrieb:

Redamo schrieb:

Short answer, $12.95 per month approximately, based on the fact that 12.95 will buy you 2600 gold and the cost for 30 days of premium is 2500 gold.
      As has been explained in the other comprehensive posts here, its not technically mandatory (although the bonuses make it almost essential) and you can pay using silver for gold so it is possible to play for free after your initial purchase.
      Dear God, I was pulling what hair I have left out looking for this answer. Thanks for speaking up.

Also, long live Midgard. I miss DAOC ;)
    • Neu

I did an (unintentional) experiment on getting back premium from ZERO silver/gold/items, quit for this BETA but found a little time this week.

It doesn't take long without premium to grind enough t1/2/3 for cash for gathering items (t5 wood axe and t4 skinning in my case) and t4 wep/armour, then barely any time to get 50k silver.
      Which you can then use for a days premium whenever you have time set aside for an all day session, you can easily get enough to extend it.

Having said that it's extremely disheartening to gather without premium initially, dungeons for silver aren't bad though.
    • Neu

It should also be noted that there are price breaks for buying gold in bulk AND price breaks for buying multiple months of premium.

Most Expensive: Buy 2,500 gold -> Buy 1 month Premium
      Least expensive: Buy ##### gold -> Buy 1 year Premium

**sorry can't get in game and can't remember the price breaks for multiple months of premium. There is one at 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
    • Neu

Teech schrieb:

It should also be noted that there are price breaks for buying gold in bulk AND price breaks for buying multiple months of premium.

Most Expensive: Buy 2,500 gold -> Buy 1 month Premium
      Least expensive: Buy ##### gold -> Buy 1 year Premium

**sorry can't get in game and can't remember the price breaks for multiple months of premium. There is one at 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
      This is incorrect. The most expensive would be 200 gold for one days premium.

Also the price breaks for buying gold for $ in bulk are not very incentivising at all.