Arcane Staff is underpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Arcane never was underpowered. The recent buffs made it even stronger. Infinite mana sustain for ur party, energy drain for pvp or alike, shields that draw aggro for pve tanking (no need for another plate tank).

The only thing it lost was the insane non scaling damage beam wich was just too much. Still a tank that can grant a party member 100% increased damage for 4 seconds, that is still better then any other tank can do for damage in this game if used correctly.

Now there are still arcane abilities that suffer from nerfs while the arcane was considered op. (See arcane orb, higher cooldown, lower knockback range and finally getting rid of purge) These abilities slowly get returned too the original values as the reason for nerfing (purge) is gone. Other then that arcane is still very niche and simply has no contender as a support weapon.
    • Dragnon schrieb:

How you liking the new buffs? They really improved Arcane A LOT!
      i guess im a little off put by either havving a small mana spell or a small shield i feel like the combat participation % has dropped because of it. i feel as though somthing cooler could have been done like maybe the Q shield could reflect some damage or somthing or even absorb dmg to heal with... i dunno i feel as though a mana drain beam and the gifting of mana was a little bit of a copp out and not the direction i wish it would have gone.
    • what are you talking about, arcane are widely being used in higher tier fights. the empower beam combine with a burst damage dealer is crazy, like crossbow snipe, dagger pair E, you can almost one shot some one with those abilities combo-ed with the arcane beam.

it is true that the shield is underpowered compare to healer Q's, since arcane should have pretty close mechanics to healing staffs (Q for short cdr sustain, W and E for some kinds of supportive effects)

the shield should provide equally strong sustain that healer Q's can give.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

what are you talking about, arcane are widely being used in higher tier fights. the empower beam combine with a burst damage dealer is crazy, like crossbow snipe, dagger pair E, you can almost one shot some one with those abilities combo-ed with the arcane beam.

it is true that the shield is underpowered compare to healer Q's, since arcane should have pretty close mechanics to healing staffs (Q for short cdr sustain, W and E for some kinds of supportive effects)

Is this recent? Thought everyone was using dual curse now. There's no reason to take arcane for beam anymore since dmg boost only goes to +100%. Basically the strength of bringing another player who only does damage 26% of the time.
    • Arcane is certainly not used in 'top tier' fights. You lack dmg if you run tank + arcane and even after slight nerfs 2h mace is preferred by just about every team. Some teams will run icicle instead of mace tank which I think works fine but Arcane doesn't offer enough currently to be considered a meta pick. Another issue with arcane is that a competent team will find a way to disrupt the beam then you are just left with a shield bot.

I don't think everyone is using dual curse, a lot of teams are still running curse/holy/3x melee and finding a lot of success.
    • LemonVillain schrieb:

Furinkazan schrieb:

what are you talking about, arcane are widely being used in higher tier fights. the empower beam combine with a burst damage dealer is crazy, like crossbow snipe, dagger pair E, you can almost one shot some one with those abilities combo-ed with the arcane beam.

Is this recent? Thought everyone was using dual curse now. There's no reason to take arcane for beam anymore since dmg boost only goes to +100%. Basically the strength of bringing another player who only does damage 26% of the time.
      sorry i do not understand where the 26% come from. and i do think 100% is a lot of damage. t6 boardsword E does 1600 dmg with your beam at max stack, not considering their own damage boots from armour. and the target can go as further away from you as they want since they beaming dont have a max distance. they can instant kill enemy healer with arcane beaming if used properly.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

sorry i do not understand where the 26% come from. and i do think 100% is a lot of damage. t6 boardsword E does 1600 dmg with your beam at max stack, not considering their own damage boots from armour. and the target can go as further away from you as they want since they beaming dont have a max distance. they can instant kill enemy healer with arcane beaming if used properly.
      100% beam power is active 4 seconds of the 15 second cooldown, meaning it has 26% uptime.

Yes, 100% damage is a lot. It counts as another player. But why not just bring another player? Two coordinated curse staves can burst someone down just as easy. And arcane's shields aren't good enough to justify bringing it.
    • LemonVillain schrieb:

Furinkazan schrieb:

100% beam power is active 4 seconds of the 15 second cooldown, meaning it has 26% uptime.
      Yes, 100% damage is a lot. It counts as another player. But why not just bring another player? Two coordinated curse staves can burst someone down just as easy. And arcane's shields aren't good enough to justify bringing it.
      oO
      There is another problem with the beamcalculation... your max dmgoutput is limited to 150% as far as I know. So your armorbuff+bufffood+any passives+beam cant be more than this 150% ever. You dont have the full potential on magearmor and so on
    • OMG i hate it when people talk too much about the damage beam like its the only use of an arcane
      and they really destroyed this spell just because of the duall daggers
      before it was possible to replace the missing damage when used right but now the arcanes are just for keeping your team alive
      unfortunately the enigmatic is the only viable in GvGs and the manadrain with great arcanes e sounds great first but i tried it and have to say ... useless to concentrate on a mana sucker build
    • WTenij schrieb:

before it was possible to replace the missing damage when used right but now the arcanes are just for keeping your team alive
      So like.. a worse healer?

What kind of issues do you run into when trying to do a mana drain build?

Also forgot to mention that running x2 curse staff gives you armor piercer for your whole group, which is better than beam.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von LemonVillain ()

• Arcane is very strong, and there is few possibilities to play him. But imo there is one problem with arcane, hes so boring to play, especialy in pve. Q-shield, W-beam or beam, E-beam or ressists bubble. Any skillshots makes arcane boring to play, 2x beam build is more then boring. I played arcane in 2nd beta with 1hand arcane with purge on W. It was very fun to play, i was like melee, autoattacking backlane, 2x purge with w and e and dmg debuff with guardian armor. Missing this build. Right now u are standing like a tree and using beams. We need much more skillshots in this game!

My reff link! -->> HERE <<--

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Modnoc ()

• The issue is less with being underpowered and more with being not fun outside of group pvp. Should add at least one basic damage ability to it.

And leveling it trying to get fame by buffing is too glitchy. Give it ability to at least somewhat hold solo in pve. Arcanist dont have option of "just switch to more effective weapon", since they need to level this one.
    • Modnoc schrieb:

Arcane is very strong, and there is few possibilities to play him. But imo there is one problem with arcane, hes so boring to play, especialy in pve. Q-shield, W-beam or beam, E-beam or ressists bubble. Any skillshots makes arcane boring to play, 2x beam build is more then boring. I played arcane in 2nd beta with 1hand arcane with purge on W. It was very fun to play, i was like melee, autoattacking backlane, 2x purge with w and e and dmg debuff with guardian armor. Missing this build. Right now u are standing like a tree and using beams. We need much more skillshots in this game!
      100% agree. During CB1 i was using same build with one handed arcane and it was awesome, just pure fun... and now i am affraid to play arcane on release...

discord.gg/DZtUtGd - join us, we have nuts ! zapraszamy do rekrutacji, darmowe orzeszki dla każdego :)