Where is the gear balancing ?

• Where is the gear balancing ?

Im mainly concerning group pvp, because open world pvp is a completely different genre. I understand all weapons have their strengths but GVGs are the most important pvp in this game and they are group battles. As well as hell gates which are arguable the best pvp content in this game.

This game is largely PVP based, yet every "patch" (more like simple hot fix) does not include any balancing for any gear (except for the nerf of assassin jacket dual dagger build). A few mentions are the clarent blade & carrion caller which are clearly meta due to their high damage output in group fights.

Other games (not mentioning specifics because this thread is about balancing, not similarities between games) have constant character ability balancing, or item balancing to keep pvp fair and enjoyable for their players. These games dont have a "best dps build" or "best tank character" and do not indirectly force their players to play a certain weapon or build in order to be competitive come end-game.

I personally do not play the meta carrion caller or clarent due to those weapons not matching my own play style. BUT i also do not play bow (which i usually would in any game) because it is underpowered in comparison to other weapons.

I constantly hear in comms "i'm waiting for them to buff _______ so i can play that" or "their going to nerf _____ soon because its OP" but yet you do NEITHER. Good games allow their players to play ANY weapon or build or character and be able to do comparable damage/healing/whatever to each other build (if built logically).

We don't NEED these MINOR bug fixes which apparently took you 14 days to come out with, we need a BALANCED GAME. We would rather play our preferred gear with these bugs than play a meta build just to compete and not have minor bugs.
  • Right now, the vast majority of our efforts are being directed towards the upcoming Hector release, which will see substantial changes to many parts of the game (including, yes, balance changes). The smaller interim patches you're seeing in between contain a mix of changes we want to push live sooner rather than later, and bugfixes that are simple to merge into the staging branch. Many of the changes you'll see in Hector have been in development for months already, and we're already starting to think about post-release features. Lead times on these things are pretty long: for a major release we might aim to be feature-complete a month before releasing it so we have time to test and refine.

tl;dr yesterday's patch wasn't 14 days of work, it was just all the *minor* bugs we happened to have fixed in the preceding 14 days :) Hang tight for Hector!
  • Monochrome wrote:

Right now, the vast majority of our efforts are being directed towards the upcoming Hector release, which will see substantial changes to many parts of the game (including, yes, balance changes). The smaller interim patches you're seeing in between contain a mix of changes we want to push live sooner rather than later, and bugfixes that are simple to merge into the staging branch. Many of the changes you'll see in Hector have been in development for months already, and we're already starting to think about post-release features. Lead times on these things are pretty long: for a major release we might aim to be feature-complete a month before releasing it so we have time to test and refine.

tl;dr yesterday's patch wasn't 14 days of work, it was just all the *minor* bugs we happened to have fixed in the preceding 14 days Hang tight for Hector!
    Thanks for the reply! Communication is greatly appreciated! :)

Keep up the good work!