Possibility to move personal island

• Possibility to move personal island

My suggestion is to be able to move your personal island to another city/region. Why? Because devs encourages players to advance through zones green -> yellow -> red -> black BUT my island isn't advancing with me.

Once the player chose where his island is, he cant move it to another region. Maybe should be a option to move your personal island so people can progress and move on to others zones.

Maybe put a timer, so I have to wait like 1 week to my island to move or something, and if you move, you can't move to other region for like a month.

What you guys think?

@Korn @Bercilak @Retroman @Eltharyon
  • It would be great to have resolution to this issue. I feel that moving the island would be odd and have no real place in the game. No reason for an island to move, no precident, or story as to how this can happen. And simply saying 'magic' did it would be a cheap answer.

Instead I would propose that Islands could be sold to other players. This would allow folks to recoup costs and cut back on the island hopping that would surely ensue if they were mobile.

This would also create a new class of player. The carpenter. Ppl could develop islands like real estate and there would be one more thing for folks to do. More sand in the box.

Though with the monopolization of mats under big guilds especially the higher tier stuff there are likely thing that would need to be addressed here of course. Still I have always thought it would be a food solution to the player changing town issue.
  • Well according to the devs.....at least from what I gather....it is indeed supposed to be this type of progression.

I think this is a touch silly to try to force such progression. Indeed I view how SI is forcing us into specific playstyles is both frustrating and is driving many of us farther away from the game. Killing soloing is my big one and why I play so little now. But that is the intent.

Personally I would just like to see reasons to explore so folks have to go hunting for new content and in this way they may find a place that they like and didn't know about.

Thats a side note though. Often times i think it is someone who starts in an area due to guild/friends being there, and then just moves to a new town when they join a new guild or discover a differnt city that has the nats they want to gather nearby. From Martlock to Lymhurst for instance. And then sometimes to red or black.

I proposed the sale thing as i think anytime changes are made they should be examined to see if they can enrich and add more to the game. Which i think that would do.
  • Raithe wrote:

It would be great to have resolution to this issue. I feel that moving the island would be odd and have no real place in the game. No reason for an island to move, no precident, or story as to how this can happen. And simply saying 'magic' did it would be a cheap answer.
    OMG, you people caught up in lore (in a game that isn't even story driven) soo much that you let it impact game design/quality of life decisions. You want an answer? You take the freakin boat from your new home city to your pre-existing island. The island didn't move. Satisfied?
  • Raithe wrote:

It would be great to have resolution to this issue. I feel that moving the island would be odd and have no real place in the game. No reason for an island to move, no precident, or story as to how this can happen. And simply saying 'magic' did it would be a cheap answer.

Instead I would propose that Islands could be sold to other players. This would allow folks to recoup costs and cut back on the island hopping that would surely ensue if they were mobile.

This would also create a new class of player. The carpenter. Ppl could develop islands like real estate and there would be one more thing for folks to do. More sand in the box.

Though with the monopolization of mats under big guilds especially the higher tier stuff there are likely thing that would need to be addressed here of course. Still I have always thought it would be a food solution to the player changing town issue.
    Answer me something, does "blink" exist in the real world? or a mage? cursed? sorcerers, magic?
  • Does demolishing your buildings give you materials or anything back? If not there is a simple thing you could add to give the option of moving. My personal suggestion for the time being is explore and figure out where you want to go at launch.
  • Raithe wrote:

Wait... why can't you sell an island now? It would be as simple as making someone a co-owner with full access, and have them give you Gold/Silver. As a downside, if I sold an island in that manner, I would still have access to that island (right?) and would not be able to buy a new one (correct?) from the Island Merchant, just from another player. Can someone be owner/co-owner of multiple islands?

Selling an island would be a great way to move your base of operations.

Ash
  • The system demolishing gives back around 90% of the resources of the buildings tier and all other tiers = you get 260+ T3,4,5 and blocks back. Didn't know about this change, renders the demolishen hammers close to useless.

But anyways, you could demolish all buidlings and give up the island? Never tested that actually.

Other than that, its just a case of transportation ... the boat is delivering you to any island, so why not to a new one further away? Put a one time silver price on it and then it can be cost free. Like having to pay 50% of the current tier island for a new transportation route or something.
  • Dammit wrote:

My suggestion is to be able to move your personal island to another city/region. Why? Because devs encourages players to advance through zones green -> yellow -> red -> black BUT my island isn't advancing with me.

Once the player chose where his island is, he cant move it to another region. Maybe should be a option to move your personal island so people can progress and move on to others zones.

Maybe put a timer, so I have to wait like 1 week to my island to move or something, and if you move, you can't move to other region for like a month.

What you guys think?

This game is about taking risks, if you want "your island to move with you" you have these options.

Create the damn island on the final place you want to be from the beginning and stop wasting time/money.

Dismantle it and move the stuff manually like everybody has to do with everything in this game, as is part of it.

Being able to TP entire islands is really something I hope they NEVER add to the game.

Please NEVER do it devs. Thanks.
    Get Ready 4

• I have personally suggested movable islands several times before and i am still speaking behalf those. I see movable personal and guild islands only as a quality of life matter. People will change guilds and join to new ones and personal island's should not hold them. This also helps individual players and guilds to progress. You have first settled down to Royal continent, but later when you are ready to take a step forward, you can much easier move to Outlands. So movable islands prevents players to stuck in one position. Also you can not get any benefit over other players if that movable islands is implemented on the right way.

We dont need to explain this with magic teleportation or other crab like that, you can just use common reason and base the whole process with that. You buy a new island and all your buildings are deconstruct and materials are transported to new location where these buildings are reconstructed. So simple.

This island moving should not happen instantly and it should not be free, but it should be possible. Also all chest and farming plots needs to be empty or this process can not be happening. This prevents that moving can not be used to exploit the system and use it as a fast travel transport. Also player or guild does not need to have possibility to move the island every time they want to, there can be timer, which allows players to move island once in every month or in 3 months or what ever is the best solution.

Moving should cost some money. The cost can be based on moving distance, number and tier levels of your buildings. More you got, more you pay. Cost does not need to feel total robbery, but something reasonable it should cost.

Moving should take some time. This time can also be based on distance, number and tier level of your buildings. From few days to few weeks or maybe even one month in extreme situations.

It will be frustrating if you need to just leave your island and start to build new one from scratch in other city. All that hard work and invests are flushed down the toilet. It is easier to just stay in current place or even quit from the game. It is not the same if you need to sell your island to other players and after that start a new one. This might stuck you as well and in most case it surely will. And if you have constructed something by yourself from the scratch, there is definitely some kind of bond created between player(s) and the specific island.

Summarum: I see only good with this kind of system. It helps players life without breaking any core part of it if implemented on the right way. Also i remember, that devs have told that movable islands are coming at some point. I hope they have not changed their minds and we will see this feature at release. :)
  • Eurhetikz wrote:

Raithe wrote:

OMG, you people caught up in lore (in a game that isn't even story driven) soo much that you let it impact game design/quality of life decisions. You want an answer? You take the freakin boat from your new home city to your pre-existing island. The island didn't move. Satisfied?

MuskaKillz wrote:

Dammit wrote:

What you guys think?

This game is about taking risks, if you want "your island to move with you" you have these options.
    Create the damn island on the final place you want to be from the beginning and stop wasting time/money.

Dismantle it and move the stuff manually like everybody has to do with everything in this game, as is part of it.

Being able to TP entire islands is really something I hope they NEVER add to the game.

Please NEVER do it devs. Thanks.
    Let me quote Eurhetikz again: "You want an answer? You take the freakin boat from your new home city to your pre-existing island. The island didn't move. Satisfied?"