Higher focus point limit

  • Higher focus point limit

    Right now it goes to 3000... If they are our points, we should be able to use them when we want. At the very least, let it go up to 7k, but I think 14k would be more fair if you're gonna force us to use em or lose em
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
  • Donaramu wrote:

    Right now it goes to 3000... If they are our points, we should be able to use them when we want. At the very least, let it go up to 7k, but I think 14k would be more fair if you're gonna force us to use em or lose em
    Yes
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
  • Fooky wrote:

    For someone that only plays on the weekend... they would lose tons of focus.

    I play every day but I'm sure there are (or will be) people that don't play more than once or twice a week.
    Well i dont think this suggestion should be implemented because of this reason. More like generally so you dont have spend those focus points in place where you dont want to and you can safe those for little bit longer and use somewhere you really want or need.
  • Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    For someone that only plays on the weekend... they would lose tons of focus.

    I play every day but I'm sure there are (or will be) people that don't play more than once or twice a week.
    Well i dont think this suggestion should be implemented because of this reason. More like generally so you dont have spend those focus points in place where you dont want to and you can safe those for little bit longer and use somewhere you really want or need.
    Funny point of view, apparently you have time to play every day and can't see the point of someone that doesn't.

    I think that's the best reason, if you play every day you have plenty of opportunity to manage your focus.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    For someone that only plays on the weekend... they would lose tons of focus.

    I play every day but I'm sure there are (or will be) people that don't play more than once or twice a week.
    Well i dont think this suggestion should be implemented because of this reason. More like generally so you dont have spend those focus points in place where you dont want to and you can safe those for little bit longer and use somewhere you really want or need.
    Funny point of view, apparently you have time to play every day and can't see the point of someone that doesn't.
    I think that's the best reason, if you play every day you have plenty of opportunity to manage your focus.
    My play time is also limited, but i am going to use my time as efficient as possible. But yeah i will play almost everyday, more or less. I can see your point of view, but imo your example of player who plays once or twice in week plays really less and i dont think that focus pool should cater too much offline players. And now i am not sure anymore should this focus gap be higher or not.. maybe just little bit more, +1000 or +2000 and i think +3000 at max. Just to give you a little bit more time to save those valueable points for something really good and needed.
  • Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    For someone that only plays on the weekend... they would lose tons of focus.

    I play every day but I'm sure there are (or will be) people that don't play more than once or twice a week.
    Well i dont think this suggestion should be implemented because of this reason. More like generally so you dont have spend those focus points in place where you dont want to and you can safe those for little bit longer and use somewhere you really want or need.
    Funny point of view, apparently you have time to play every day and can't see the point of someone that doesn't.I think that's the best reason, if you play every day you have plenty of opportunity to manage your focus.
    My play time is also limited, but i am going to use my time as efficient as possible. But yeah i will play almost everyday, more or less. I can see your point of view, but imo your example of player who plays once or twice in week plays really less and i dont think that focus pool should cater too much offline players. And now i am not sure anymore should this focus gap be higher or not.. maybe just little bit more, +1000 or +2000 and i think +3000 at max. Just to give you a little bit more time to save those valueable points for something really good and needed.
    Ok, here's another example.

    Player A plays for 2-3 hours every day... around 18 hours per week.. he gets 7k focus to play with during that week.

    Player B plays Sat and Sunday for a total of around 18 hours per week. He loses around 3k + focus every week because he can't play Mon - Fri but his total playtime is the same as the guy that has free time every day.

    So the weekend warrior should be punished in your opinion?
  • I don't think the limit is really the problem. :| I have 3 chars with premium. That's 3k focus per day, yet some how all 3 chars' focus are always less than 100 :(. I'm amazed you can even reach 3k focus after the first time u buy premium for your char :|. Also, for the weekend players, how do they water their crops ???? No matter how busy you are, 15 mins a day is not too much , especially when AO can even be played on a phone.
  • Morgiana wrote:

    I don't think the limit is really the problem. :| I have 3 chars with premium. That's 3k focus per day, yet some how all 3 chars' focus are always less than 100 :(. I'm amazed you can even reach 3k focus after the first time u buy premium for your char :|. Also, for the weekend players, how do they water their crops ???? No matter how busy you are, 15 mins a day is not too much , especially when AO can even be played on a phone.
    Who says they have crops? Maybe they gather & refine and would like to have as much focus as everyone else? Perhaps they can't gather enough in 15 minutes on their phone to use up their focus... Perhaps they really can't play during the week even for 15 minutes...

    With a little imagination you should be able to come up with many reasons someone can't play during the week...

    Why are you against raising the limit? What are the negative effects?
  • Fooky wrote:

    Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Thomas9 wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    For someone that only plays on the weekend... they would lose tons of focus.

    I play every day but I'm sure there are (or will be) people that don't play more than once or twice a week.
    Well i dont think this suggestion should be implemented because of this reason. More like generally so you dont have spend those focus points in place where you dont want to and you can safe those for little bit longer and use somewhere you really want or need.
    Funny point of view, apparently you have time to play every day and can't see the point of someone that doesn't.I think that's the best reason, if you play every day you have plenty of opportunity to manage your focus.
    My play time is also limited, but i am going to use my time as efficient as possible. But yeah i will play almost everyday, more or less. I can see your point of view, but imo your example of player who plays once or twice in week plays really less and i dont think that focus pool should cater too much offline players. And now i am not sure anymore should this focus gap be higher or not.. maybe just little bit more, +1000 or +2000 and i think +3000 at max. Just to give you a little bit more time to save those valueable points for something really good and needed.
    Ok, here's another example.
    Player A plays for 2-3 hours every day... around 18 hours per week.. he gets 7k focus to play with during that week.

    Player B plays Sat and Sunday for a total of around 18 hours per week. He loses around 3k + focus every week because he can't play Mon - Fri but his total playtime is the same as the guy that has free time every day.

    So the weekend warrior should be punished in your opinion?
    Too bad. This game isn't about being fair to all players involved. If you don't like the advantage, quit your job or drop out of school and play. Just because you don't like the options doesn't mean they aren't there.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Ok, here's another example.
    Player A plays for 2-3 hours every day... around 18 hours per week.. he gets 7k focus to play with during that week.

    Player B plays Sat and Sunday for a total of around 18 hours per week. He loses around 3k + focus every week because he can't play Mon - Fri but his total playtime is the same as the guy that has free time every day.

    So the weekend warrior should be punished in your opinion?
    Well i did not thought about it from that point of view. But if you double the current 3000, maybe that satisfieds everybody. ;)
  • Fooky wrote:

    Morgiana wrote:

    I don't think the limit is really the problem. :| I have 3 chars with premium. That's 3k focus per day, yet some how all 3 chars' focus are always less than 100 :(. I'm amazed you can even reach 3k focus after the first time u buy premium for your char :|. Also, for the weekend players, how do they water their crops ???? No matter how busy you are, 15 mins a day is not too much , especially when AO can even be played on a phone.
    Who says they have crops? Maybe they gather & refine and would like to have as much focus as everyone else? Perhaps they can't gather enough in 15 minutes on their phone to use up their focus... Perhaps they really can't play during the week even for 15 minutes...
    With a little imagination you should be able to come up with many reasons someone can't play during the week...

    Why are you against raising the limit? What are the negative effects?
    From my side:
    I'm against raising the limit because it's fair to me that people who's "Perhaps they really can't play during the week even for 15 minutes..." should be progressing slower than those who play everyday. I'm aware that there're many players who have families, jobs, . . . . We ALL have other priorities. That limit in focus is a reward to those who play everyday. I agree that there're also weekend warriors who play 48 hours straight on weekend, but for 1 weekend warrior, there're a thousand slackers. That's why I'm still on the focus limit's side.

    From game publishers' (in general, not just SBI) side:
    That focus limit (and various other features like farming) is for forcing players to log in to the game everyday. As for why game publishers want to force you to log in the game everyday, I'd recommend the title "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg if you want to know about the reason. That book is famous within the psychology field, so you will find it at any book store or online. Even if SBI doesn't know about the reason behind this, they still know what the conventions are and why they exist. They are trying to protect their products - Albion Online. Therefore, don't expect that limit to be removed.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Morgiana ().

  • We'll just have to agree to disagree... all "arguments" against raising make no sense to me. Arguments in quote since I didn't really see any...

    Anyway, as I said in my first post it doesn't really matter to me. I play every day and have no trouble with my focus.
  • This is a typical element in MMORPGs.
    Its purpose is to force players to log in often.
    It's something akin to daily quests/daily dungeons - you get some type of timed bonus and need to log in and play some or you waste it.
    It may be inconvinient for us, but it's proven to raise average online count in mmos and I doubt it will be changed to allow log in every 7 or 14 days.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • Targun wrote:

    This is a typical element in MMORPGs.
    Its purpose is to force players to log in often.
    It's something akin to daily quests/daily dungeons - you get some type of timed bonus and need to log in and play some or you waste it.
    It may be inconvinient for us, but it's proven to raise average online count in mmos and I doubt it will be changed to allow log in every 7 or 14 days.
    True. Also Expeditions daily bonuses goes to the same category. I hope that we dont see much more these kind of dailies in future. I have learned to hate those too much. ;)