Bow Weapon Line BUFF Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bow Weapon Line BUFF Suggestion

• Add +20% Passive Range to All Bows. (Most know Bow users are the lowest tier of DPS and can't even get a proper spot in HG and GvG. Give them the passive advantage of added range to snipe the enemies backline without having to solely main Whispering Bow.)
    • Return Stun, Slow or some kind of on-hit CC effect for Warbow E. (Warbow is a one-hit wonder every 10s or so. But the damage is laughable even with a full Mage Cloth build and if you miss the skill shot the weapon is even more useless. Please consider adding/returning CC to on-hit effects.)
    • Increase Range for Longbow E. (The AOE is incredibly close range to cast for the "Longbow".)
    Thanks for looking :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Elixir: Reasoning Text ().

• Elixir wrote:

Add +20% Passive Range to All Bows. (Most know Bow users are the lowest tier of DPS and can't even get a proper spot in HG and GvG. Give them the passive advantage of added range to snipe the enemies backline without having to solely main Whispering Bow.)
    I think range is good because you can kite with speedshot. Auto attack damage is the problem on mostly autoattack weapon!

Elixir wrote:

Return Stun, Slow or some kind of on-hit CC effect for Warbow E. (Warbow is a one-hit wonder every 10s or so. But the damage is laughable even with a full Mage Cloth build and if you miss the skill shot the weapon is even more useless. Please consider adding/returning CC to on-hit effects.)
    I think warbow skills are ok. Again - the problem is auto attack damage.

Elixir wrote:

Increase Range for Longbow E. (The AOE is incredibly close range to cast for the "Longbow".)
    True story. The range of the E skill on Longbow shoud be bigger because it is channeling spell and you are unable to move during the cast...
  • I would like the increased range but then you would most likely have all the melee players that got wrecked by a bow complaining more than they do now.

I don`t believe any stuns should be on any bow, Keep the kiting abilities and make the bow user learn how to properly kite instead of just stunning someone into submission.

With mage cowl and your poison arrow stacked along with your auto attacks, magic arrow and speed shot damage the warbow is far from a one hit wonder. Its just you have to manage distance, cooldowns,auto attacks, posion stacks and skill shots to make it most effective. It is a weapon that makes you work for your dps and that is what makes it fun.

I agree with you on the longbow E range increase
  • Gwild wrote:

I would like the increased range but then you would most likely have all the melee players that got wrecked by a bow complaining more than they do now.

I don`t believe any stuns should be on any bow, Keep the kiting abilities and make the bow user learn how to properly kite instead of just stunning someone into submission.
    Exactly! True story ;)

Mage cowl with poison is fine for open but not for GvG or HG. Poison is easilly managad by healer and you need more def/utility spells in HG because without them you are focused and deleted in few seconds.
  • I agree that any form of extra CC on E for warbow would be probably too much. But autoattack damage is pathetic, would be great if they got some sort of armor pierce (similar to dagger line) implemented (however without taking current skillset out of play). Currently bows bring very little to 5v5 and any sort of debuff (besides current 10% slow which is neglectible in HG or GVG scenarios) would help to get them a role. Maybe passive armor pierce (balanced, smaller than dagger line) instead of slow would be interesting enough to add value in 5v5?

Also speedshot is wonderful, but mastery 70. I don't think even half of bow users have it by now (unless they go strictly bows as primary weapon in which case they probably don't do 5v5 much). And again, speedshot doesn't bring any value to 5v5. You need there either extra CC, extra damage, or other utility for party.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ixxxo ().

• I agree that Longbow's E skill needs a little bit of buff on range.
    Warbow's E, I feel like it would be nice if it can have 0.1 sec stun (not a lot but able to interrupt spell casting).

Besides that, I wish there is some fun and dynamic skill design for bow line.
    Here are some ideas:

1. Poison bow instead of poison shot on every bows, which it shoots a player then the poison spreads to anyone who's nearby so that you can force enemies to move away.
    2. Frost bow instead of frost shot on every bows, which it shoots in a direction and when it hits, the arrow scatters behind in a cone-shape and slows anything hit.
    3. Skill replacing frost shot, Shackle shot: Shoots an obstacle in line and when it hits a player, it slows the player down; however, if two players lined-up nearby gets hit, it ties them together (roots short period of time)
    4. Skill unlocked at certain mastery, Focus shot: basic attacks grant Focus for 3 secs stacking up to 5 times. and at 5 stacks, you can unleash burst of arrows to that target.
    (numbers are just my rough assumption, not calculated)

Overall, I think bow line can be useful if they can do the "not-bad" damage AND serve as utility part for team(5v5) strategy.
    Conceptually, crossbows serve as solid damage dealer as a ranger, bows can be different.

It doesn't have to be the skills what I just have suggested, but I felt like we need something else than just shooting arrows to the target just to deal damage on every bow lines.

The post was edited 2 times, last by hoiyap ().

• Elixir wrote:

• Add +20% Passive Range to All Bows. (Most know Bow users are the lowest tier of DPS and can't even get a proper spot in HG and GvG. Give them the passive advantage of added range to snipe the enemies backline without having to solely main Whispering Bow.)
    • Return Stun, Slow or some kind of on-hit CC effect for Warbow E. (Warbow is a one-hit wonder every 10s or so. But the damage is laughable even with a full Mage Cloth build and if you miss the skill shot the weapon is even more useless. Please consider adding/returning CC to on-hit effects.)
    • Increase Range for Longbow E. (The AOE is incredibly close range to cast for the "Longbow".)
    Thanks for looking :)

So after reaching lvl.87 Bow Line Mastery and playing with all the Bows I retract my opinion on Bows needing a huge buff. In my humble opinion, Bows are mostly in a good place but may feel unrewarding compared to other weapons when you first try them.

Here is my updated Bow feedback (excluding artifact armor):

PROS:
    • Good kiting DPS. No need to stand still with all bows except Longbow. Gain CC/movement buff from Frost Shot and Speed Shot.
    • Longbow is one of the best PVE farming weapons in the game; with three short cooldowns and good damage AOE's.
    • Whispering Bow has the longest auto attack range in the game; great for singling out and poking the back line.
    • Warbow offers high single burst damage with Magic Arrow with a short ten second cooldown.
    • Wailing Bow is OP. 'Nuff said.
    CONS:
    • Low DPS compared to other ranged in the beginning.
    • Unpopular DPS class for Hell Gates with strangers.

BOW - Enchanted Arrow is extremely strong in such a way that it stacks arrows until all 15 are used and by that time Enchanted Arrows are most likely ready again. The natural resistance shred combos well with Attack Speed Mastery (lvl.80 passive) and Explosive Arrows. The Bow is currently one of the strongest single target ranged weapons in the game and is currently in the top 10 kill fame from GvG.
    • Mage Cowl - Poison can do 500+ damage over time, which is useful as it is or to prevent your enemy from mounting. Force Field is also a great AOE knock back to disengage from melee.
    • Mage Robe - Or any cloth robe for +58% damage. Frost Shield will provide you optimal protection for cloth builds.
    • Mage Sandals - For Run or Delayed Teleport. You could use leather shoes or plate shoes for survival but as a DPS the 3.5% damage adds up especially when combined with a cloth helm for a full +7% base damage.
    • Assassin Hood - Great for reducing the cooldown of Enchanted Arrows. As soon as you use Enchanted Arrows you can instantly use Meditation (-10s cooldown on all spells) without sacrificing any of your unused arrows.
    • Hunter's Jacket - Haste, in addition with Enchanted Arrows makes you a resistance shredding machine. Using leather chest vs.cloth makes for a tankier build but is an unpopular for meta play. Also great for attack spreed or cooldown passive.
    • Mercenary Jacket - Good for solo ganking or small encounters when you need to be tanky and need sustain. Enchanted Arrows has good synergy with Bloodlust. With this build you sacrifice much of your out going damage.
    WARBOW - Warbow shines as a snipe weapon with Magic Arrow. Magic Arrow's burst damage on a low 10s cooldown makes it a great versatile weapon. Especially for solo ganking. Albeit punishing if you miss your skill shot.
    • Mage Cowl - When your Magic Arrow is on cooldown, poison is great supplemental damage and anti-mounting skill.
    • Assassin Hood - Instead of poison from Mage Cowl, you could rely on Poisoned Arrow and use your head slot for Meditation. Your Magic Arrow and or Frost Shot/Speed Shot will be ready again instantly.
    • Assassin Jacket - Cloth chest is great for the added +58% damage passive. But with Assassin Jacket's Ambush and Magic Arrow combo, you may deal as much as +50% damage while giving yourself the defense and stealth you need. Also great for the cooldown or health and energy regeneration passive.
    LONGBOW - One of the best PvE farming weapons in the game with triple AOE's on your Q, W and E. It is a good ZvZ weapon but it's short channeled Rain of Arrows range leaves you vulnerable to mage spells and tank CC.
    • Cleric Cowl - You'll need Ice Block to protect yourself from all your AOE aggro in PvE. Also helpful in PvP in case you're caught out of position.
    • Mage Robe - Or any cloth robe for +58% damage or full Speed Casting for a quicker Rain of Arrows channel.
    • Mercenary Boots - An option for an extra survival skill in PvE. While Ice Block is on cooldown you can use Invisibility to de-aggro.
    WHISPERING BOW - The longest range in the game. You are able to snipe as far as territory towers and single out enemy cloth users in a gank. Undead Arrows cooldown is relatively short at 20s which stacks well with Mage Cowl poison and Explosive Arrows. It is currently the most popular GvG bow at the moment for it's good damage and superior poke range; a secured hit rather than chancy Warbow skill shot that may hit the tank instead of the back line.
    • Mage Cowl - You'll need the extra damage. You already have superior range.
    • Mage Robe - Or any cloth for +58% damage.
    • Mage Sandals - For Run and extra damage. Whispering Bow hardly takes aggro in PvE unless you have the highest tier/enchanted DPS weapon in your party. Or you Explosive Arrow AOE neutral mobs.
    WAILING BOW - One of strongest weapons in the game (and also one of the most expensive) for a ZvZ, gank or GvG. Carrying a Wailing Bow in any occasion will strike fear or envy (to steal your weapon) in any of your foes. Let's just say, if you see a Demon Arrow flying your way just pray it's your allies arrow and not your enemies.
    • Cloth or Leather - Extra damage or protection, either way your damage is already deadly. You'd probably want to consider Frost Shot and cloth cowl Force Field to heavily disengage as you are a high priority target.

Thanks for looking! :) (These are my accumulated opinions. Share yours if you agree/disagree.)

The post was edited 22 times, last by Elixir: Details. ().