No punishment for scamming/griefing/trolling/stealing -- Is this a Runescape trading simulator with horses?

• No punishment for scamming/griefing/trolling/stealing -- Is this a Runescape trading simulator with horses?

Why can't guild leaders/officers have a registry/history of things that happen in game. Just had a child jack our Recruit+ chest and we can't do anything. What's the point of giving chest access to guild chest?

Seeing lots of posts about how the game doesn't combat griefing or get those in trouble who grief. The admins have a history of things. You can be a shitty person irl and not get caught but the administrators of this game have the power to get people in trouble in this game.

Griefing a large player base should be bannable. Griefing is not strategic, it's makes people miserable. Look at the LoL community. People who afk in 30-60min games and make it a 4v5 get banned. It's very simple.

If I was a beginner friendly guild the guy prob would be punished already at minimum. There's no point in a Recruits+ chest if anyone can instantly join a guild and take from it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Director ()

• Suggestion: Assign an officer / NCO to the duties of Quarter Master, then make that person have rights to the chest.

Besides, below tier IV, all players should be self-sufficient (harvest, refine and craft) in supplying their own gear.
    Blodvaerd, High Warden
    The Right Hand of the Lord Commander
    An RP - PVE / PVP, International Guild
  • Blodvaerd schrieb:

Suggestion: Assign an officer / NCO to the duties of Quarter Master, then make that person have rights to the chest.

Besides, below tier IV, all players should be self-sufficient (harvest, refine and craft) in supplying their own gear.
    What if we want a dump chest or an open chest for recruit's to share gear. Even if I want a member's only chest. The issue is that there is no list to track anything. Of course newbies will screw a chest over, but what is Albion going to do about it? They can punish grief very easilly. We had a chest with 40+ T3 horses for our new people. Not a big deal, but we shouldn't have to limit chests to members+ just cause some dbag might take our stuff -- I think Albion should punish the out right blatent griefing, ie: join a guild and instantly loot all teh Recruit+ chests.
  • Damn!!! 30 tier III horses,worth at least 12k each, and you're surprised you got looted??

I'm afraid Albion's Devs are going to do nothing. Chalk it up as a good learning experience. This is an MMO, and one with a good amount of grinding and competition. It attracts many douche bags.

I learned in EvE Online a few simple rules, to play by:

1. You are never safe
    2. Only fly what you can afford to lose
    3. It's all about the ISK (currency), and nothing more.

That mantra applies to virtually every MMO I have ever played, and that has been dozens, perhaps close to 50.
    Blodvaerd, High Warden
  • Hi,

we are aware right now that Guild Management need more and better tools. Our priority so far has been on core game mechanics for release. However we have planned more improvements for guilds diretly after release. WIthout going into much details just a few rough areas where we want to work on:

• Better management of resources
    • Better tracking of who delivers which resources for the guild
    • General more information about members (simple stuff like last login ...)
    • Better and easier rights management for guilds (custom rights can be set)

Kind regards,
    Stefan
  • Director schrieb:

Frostweaver schrieb:

well they said, with the new QoL patch before release, guild bank, etc is coming in so.. yea.. there's that. But yea.. mindless QQ on the forums is also not a bad idea :P
    Just trying to get a discussion dude. Just annoying af they can't at least punish people griefing guilds.
    Oh please, don't blame others for your own "intelligence" around handling chests... it's your own fault.
  • Just use the auction house . Even if u want to put the gear up for 1silver. It will alert you when someone buys something and it will tell you who purchased it. If one person takes a lot , you know who did it. Or just sell at reduced prices so if u do get scammed the guild still makes profit

You could also assign personal chests or issue people gear and track it that way .

Yes the QoL features are needed and will come. Regardless, the decision to give the chest access to entire guild is really poor management decision. Play to the strengths of the game. Build a spreadsheet and use one of the systems above until they add the patch

@Director
  • Director schrieb:

Frostweaver schrieb:

well they said, with the new QoL patch before release, guild bank, etc is coming in so.. yea.. there's that. But yea.. mindless QQ on the forums is also not a bad idea :P
    Just trying to get a discussion dude. Just annoying af they can't at least punish people griefing guilds.
    If you set out a bowl of candy on the front stoop,on Halloween, with a sign "Take some, Free" and one kid comes along and takes all of it. You have not been griefed, nor stolen from.

The only punishment warranted, and apparently received, has been your realization that YOU screwed up! I hope for your sake you have learned from it. The Developers can't program the game to counter act a lack of common sense.
    Blodvaerd, High Warden
  • Bercilak schrieb:

Hi,

we are aware right now that Guild Management need more and better tools. Our priority so far has been on core game mechanics for release. However we have planned more improvements for guilds diretly after release. WIthout going into much details just a few rough areas where we want to work on:

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    How many stolen town plots and resources will it take lol. The game has no content and does not in anyway assist guilds with their day to day. Maybe it should be a priority.
  • Bercilak schrieb:

Hi,

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    Awesome thanks. Our Recruit+ chest must see justice!
  • Blodvaerd schrieb:

Director schrieb:

Frostweaver schrieb:

If you set out a bowl of candy on the front stoop,on Halloween, with a sign "Take some, Free" and one kid comes along and takes all of it. You have not been griefed, nor stolen from.
    The only punishment warranted, and apparently received, has been your realization that YOU screwed up! I hope for your sake you have learned from it. The Developers can't program the game to counter act a lack of common sense.
    It's a nice metaphor dude but your argument is ad-hominem.
    I studied Computer Science for 4.5 years as well and I assure you the developers could actually code some common sense into the game ;) trust me.

Thanks
  • Blodvaerd schrieb:

I think the OP is more interested in hearing that those who steal will be punished (ie banned) rather than hear these suggestions as to how to prevent thefts in the future.
    Yes this exactly.

It's a war game so the back-stabbing is a given. But when it turns into griefing a large player-base I think it's an issue. It's not like someone took a plot of land from us -- we had a Recruits+ chest with T3+ horses and some other simple stuff that people could share if they were new to the guild or wanted a freakin horse out of Caerleon.

But the chest being looted by someone who instantly joined the guild and instantly left is clear griefing of our guild -- its not war strategy, its what gets you thrown in jail irl, and it's really easy for the admins to have a punishment system of some-sort.

(its not about the loot in the chest guys)

And to be honest you shouldn't have to play this game with 60's era KGB paranoia. I should be able to have a Recruits+ chest without having to worry, plain and simple. Game needs to punish "low-level" griefing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Director () aus folgendem Grund: more

• Sharka schrieb:

Just use the auction house . Even if u want to put the gear up for 1silver. It will alert you when someone buys something and it will tell you who purchased it. If one person takes a lot , you know who did it. Or just sell at reduced prices so if u do get scammed the guild still makes profit

You could also assign personal chests or issue people gear and track it that way .

Yes the QoL features are needed and will come. Regardless, the decision to give the chest access to entire guild is really poor management decision. Play to the strengths of the game. Build a spreadsheet and use one of the systems above until they add the patch

@Director
    I have moved away from the personal chest things atm, lots of micro-management. I know all of these could quick-fix the issue. But my main concern would be the same in my scenario or one of yours.

A new player can join a community(group) and grief them and then leave -- no matter how they take all the items, they still take all the items and leave.
    It's not a back-stab for a plot of land, it's crook's/thieves that ruin gameplay for groups of people. Needs punishment imo.
  • Gank schrieb:

Bercilak schrieb:

Hi,

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    How many stolen town plots and resources will it take lol. The game has no content and does not in anyway assist guilds with their day to day. Maybe it should be a priority.
    Yeah, my main issue for Bercilak is that there's no punishment for simply being a thief. It is a war-game so "back-stabbing for plots of land" should be acceptable imo. But if you join a person's guild and take everything you can and leave then you're just robbing people/being a thief. There's no strategy or tactics. We had a guy take like 40+ T3 horses, not even like 200k from our bank.

All I'm asking for is for the admins to get players in trouble who make it their job to grief large player bases. This isn't strategy, it's being a shitty person and in real life you would be in jail.
  • Director schrieb:

Sharka schrieb:

Just use the auction house . Even if u want to put the gear up for 1silver. It will alert you when someone buys something and it will tell you who purchased it. If one person takes a lot , you know who did it. Or just sell at reduced prices so if u do get scammed the guild still makes profit

@Director
    I have moved away from the personal chest things atm, lots of micro-management. I know all of these could quick-fix the issue. But my main concern would be the same in my scenario or one of yours.
    A new player can join a community(group) and grief them and then leave -- no matter how they take all the items, they still take all the items and leave.
    It's not a back-stab for a plot of land, it's crook's/thieves that ruin gameplay for groups of people. Needs punishment imo.
    I agree, but the changes are coming. no reason to complain about something they already said they are going to address. Personally I don't run my guild this way so I don't have these issues, but I gave you alternatives based on the system you use. Either way, its part of the game. Players shouldn't be punished for failed leadership decisions. Theft and griefing is part of the game. Yes, QoL changes are needed, but you have to adapt to the game in the way it is handed to you. Even when they add extra rank/permission control, theft and griefing will still happen. My advice, don't put so much "free" stuff out to your members to collect on their own. If your guild operates in a way that you provide equipment to members free of charge then you HAVE to integrate extra micromanagement. Common sense stuff here. Just opening a chest up for an entire guild is like throwing $1000 on the ground with a sign that says "please only take what you need". It is a horrible decision. The only other recommendation I can give (if you are set on operating your guild this way) is to have a locked down storage chest, or you can use the AH. Instead of throwing 30+ horses and other stuff on there at once, just put a little at a time. I highly recommend doing this through the AH for logs. Management can transfer a little from storage each day as needed. This way, if you do get robbed, it is minimal. But IMO, its not the player that is the issue, but rather a poorly designed guild plan.