Is it allowed to scan your internet trafic and pick up logs

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Is it allowed to scan your internet trafic and pick up logs

My guildie want to start working on database and he do not want get ban for that.Is it allowed to scan your internet traffic and pick up logs from auction house ? like this one:

�{"Id":7995502,"UnitPriceSilver":8500000,"TotalPriceSilver":34000000,"Amount":4,"Tier":5,"IsFinished":false,"AuctionType":"offer","HasBuyerFetched":false,"HasSellerFetched":false,"SellerCharacterId":"97a46b9c-133c-4e44-8f16-9383b6d7264d","SellerName":"Botrf","BuyerCharacterId":null,"BuyerName":null,"ItemTypeId":"T5_LEATHER_LEVEL1@1","ItemGroupTypeId":"T5_LEATHER_LEVEL1","EnchantmentLevel":1,"CraftedBy":null,"QualityLevel":1,"Expires":"2017-05-07T07:33:02.297004"}
    • just to be clear its not just going to be "some kind of database" ; worst case is automated trade bots for the AH

its massive scraping of trade and AH data that is not available in the client interface normally and if compiled properly in a external tool its a massive massive advantage to have if you are doing trading

that said; its there and @Korn and @Bercilak might have some insight into that ; because its a pre-release topic that justifies a dev statement imo

also maybe @Mon can say a word or two about this?

-

The Albion Wiki needs your help!

-

• ok for starters that data is JSON format, its simple map of data... used all over the place, very common format... They are simply sending objects of whatever data in whatever pattern back and forth -- if it is your internet traffic then I believe it is legal -- if you sniff your own connection, no one can stop you or say you can't. Automation/manipulation is a problem in all games.

If you read all connection to your physical computer who's to say it's not allowed? Ofc if you're effecting other's gameplay then there's an issue but just reading the info then i don't see how that's illegal on a user's end.
    • AcOrP schrieb:

It is impossible to detect so if your friend only record the traffic then it is OK, if he want to make bot that also send requests then it is bannable.
      Ah yes, force sending requests to simulate the user searching item information on AH would be bannable imo. But simply reading what you're doing wouldn't be. But then the readable data would be on it's own private system, and what are people going to do, give the program to their friends and have a centralized database of relatively up to date item prices? Only a select group of people that would have to trust eachother? idk. a lot of work.

Not a wide-spread problem. imo. idk.
    • Teech schrieb:

Are we talking third party web sites with continually updated AH data (like some sites for EVE)? I kind of assumed we would eventually get that. The AH interface in game is way too cumbersome for a game built around trade.
      3rd party websites that break a company's ToS are liable in court. An old WoW bot creator got sued for all her money cause the bot damaged the reputation and blah blah of Blizzard.
    • As many have mentioned, it's undetectable. So as long as your friend doesn't tell anyone his account, he can't be banned.

As far as the Terms & Conditions are concerned, I couldn't find anything that says you can't, what you can't do is modify/send/etc. AH data is not even, as far as I can tell, "virtual property" so there doens't seem to be anything stopping anyone from making a website with the most recent AH prices. It's roughly the same as a website listing the damage of weapon's abilities anyway it's just information about the content of the game which they can't stop you from distributing unless you have a non-disclosure agreement.

As a side note about the claim made that this could somehow be encrypted, it would't change anything, If the client is to use the data at some point, it will need to decrypt it anyway. If the client can decrypt it, it means it has the key. If the client has the key, so does anyone with access to the computer the client is on. It's the same reason why ebooks DRM is a joke.
      I guess you could say, it might be suggested, some argue, it's been hinted, that EoS wins again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von Access ()

• Access schrieb:

As a side note about the claim made that this could somehow be encrypted, it would't change anything, If the client is to use the data at some point, it will need to decrypt it anyway. If the client can decrypt it, it means it has the key. If the client has the key, so does anyone with access to the computer the client is on. It's the same reason why ebooks DRM is a joke.
      Yeah I've always wondered if that was an issue...