Is it allowed to scan your internet trafic and pick up logs

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Network traffic skimming pt2.

I wrote to the tech guy directly but I doubt he'll read it. But I have a follow up to when he said that we couldn't skim the network data and use it because it would be a "bot"

I would like to know at what point it becomes a bot. Because I would like to catch the traffic and parse it into my own system to help me make more economical trades on the market. If I can parse my own data I can look at the market search results on a daily basis and then propagate my sheets with the data so I can follow the trend of, say, Pine Logs. I can then look at what the buy/sell history is and what is more economical, to sell raw, sell refined or craft into an object to get the most money out of it.

At what point is it a bot? If I manually search for the things I'm interested in and catch the data and parse it is that a bot? Or is it only a bot if I automate a character to search it for me? Guild Wars 2 had web apis I could call that would return all the market data which made it easier for me to write my tools. (also used by several websites) If me catching the data on my own is a bot then can I get some web apis on your end to return me JSON or something?
    • MadDave's statement seemed quite straightforward, you can read the packets and make a tool from it but can't make a bot to search the AH for you.

Jestra schrieb:

I wrote to the tech guy directly but I doubt he'll read it. But I have a follow up to when he said that we couldn't skim the network data and use it because it would be a "bot"
      Where did he say that ?
      I guess you could say, it might be suggested, some argue, it's been hinted, that EoS wins again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Access ()

• Jestra schrieb:

So then as long as I search myself it's perfectly fine?
      Yes. Monitoring the network traffic, building your own database, and then searching that is fine. It will however be horribly inefficient. Since the network traffic only includes the things you look at on the market you would have to look through all the things you care about at all the AH's you want the information from.

In the other thread I talk about a tool I have started working on, and link to the source code. My hope is if as a community we can consolidate on a single tool to install that shares the information with anyone who wants it. This worked incredibly well for EVE before there was a proper market API. I think it could work equally well here.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/regnerba
    • Lobram schrieb:

FoxFour schrieb:

Soooooooo open question.... anyone have a suggestion for how to get the characters current location? The market information returned to the client doesn't seem to include a location of any kind. :(
      Why don't you work at/with SBI to help them make their APIs? From what I could tell you did a great job over at CCP and it looks like SBI is hiring. albiononline.com/en/jobs
      Oddly enough I am actually looking for work right now. :P Thanks for saying I did good at CCP, I know I really enjoyed the work there and am proud of where the third-party development community is at now for EVE. However I am now located in Vancouver and am not ready to move back across the planet right now. :) Although SI does seem like a great place to work and Albion would be a wonderful project to work on. For now though, I shall continue to try and just do cool stuff from the outside.
    • FoxFour schrieb:

Soooooooo open question.... anyone have a suggestion for how to get the characters current location? The market information returned to the client doesn't seem to include a location of any kind. :(
      If there's no way to get it from the logs, maybe you can either manually input it in or read the pixels for the map name?
      I go by Midnight Ahri on twitch.tv
    • Ver schrieb:

FoxFour schrieb:

If there's no way to get it from the logs, maybe you can either manually input it in or read the pixels for the map name? It doesn't seem multiple clients are incredibly common
      Potentially, but what happens if someone has multiple clients open. Which character/client do I associate the market info with? The location is always shown in the bottom right of the screen, so that could potentially be retrieved with OCR. Was hoping for something a little better and... well frankly easier. :P

psssst devs, wanna include a location in that market item JSON? <3
    • FoxFour schrieb:

Ver schrieb:

FoxFour schrieb:

If there's no way to get it from the logs, maybe you can either manually input it in or read the pixels for the map name? It doesn't seem multiple clients are incredibly common
      Potentially, but what happens if someone has multiple clients open. Which character/client do I associate the market info with? The location is always shown in the bottom right of the screen, so that could potentially be retrieved with OCR. Was hoping for something a little better and... well frankly easier. :P
      psssst devs, wanna include a location in that market item JSON? <3
      Hmm i never considered about multiple clients. The devs said they will be releasing an API soon™, so they might have those information by then. Most likely manual input would be easiest at the current point in time, unless it is stored in the information somewhere. For instance, maybe you receive the map information after zoning into a map?
      I go by Midnight Ahri on twitch.tv
    • FoxFour schrieb:

Everytime you load a map you receive character data, there is a number that tells you the map right after the hair color/underwear/etc json, fort sterling is 4000, bridge watch is 2000, croes gorge is 4203, bryn gorge is 4202, etc.
      I guess you could say, it might be suggested, some argue, it's been hinted, that EoS wins again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Access ()

• Access schrieb:

FoxFour schrieb:

Everytime you load a map you receive character data, there is a number that tells you the map right after the hair color/underwear/etc json, fort sterling is 4000, bridge watch is 2000, croes gorge is 4203, bryn gorge is 4202, etc.
      Ah very awesome. Once I finish parsing the market info I will look into pulling that. Thank you!
    • Hah, but seriously, i don't even know if my code works anymore.
      I can tell you a little bit about the architecture of whatever i've done, maybe that can help you a little bit to think how you can develop yours.

The process was a little bit distributed, i had a sniffer that many guys of our guild were using to fill up the market data in our server, it basically watched for those raw json bulks of data, and whenever it received, it posted to a rest API, where i was storing everything. I remember i had some kind of duplication aware thing.... yeah, i had

Python-Quellcode

1. bulk = Bulk.query.filter(
      2. Bulk.item.has(
      3. Item.game_id == args['bulk']['auction_name']),
      4. Bulk.city == city
      5. ).order_by(Bulk.created_at.desc()).first()
      6. if bulk:
      7. now = datetime.datetime.now(pytz.UTC)
      8. days = (now - bulk.created_at).days
      9. diff_minutes = (now - bulk.created_at).seconds / 60.0
      10. if diff_minutes < 5.0:
      11. return 'Same bulk in less than 5 minutes', 304
      12. bulk.deactivate()
      Alles anzeigen
      Sometimes the information came duplicated, or the user searched for the same thing on AH more than one time, so to not fill up the DB with trash, i made this naive/dumb checking.

Besides that, everything else is pretty much straight forward, do not forget to retrieve the city name/id so you can organize your data per city.
      I don't really remember if i was already making that automatically or the users needed to type #where to force the game to send you a packet with the city name. :P

I found one diagram that i used in order to model the database, i think i didn't change anything related to that, so:

The dashboard had many reports and different ways you could compare data between city markets, etc...
      It also was able to tell you that if you buy the item A on city B and sell it on city C for D silver, you would profit E.

Most of the reports were also guild specific ones, like listing up who the fuck was selling stuff that should not be selled, and busting up our own members.

There was another pretty cool report as far as i remember, that i used to analyze the market gods in those times, i was able to see, based on the auctions, who the hell had the most amount of silver in the market, and then check which items that guy was selling and where. That was pretty nice to understand how the hell some players made so much silver just playing out the market and flipping prices.

@MadDave no bannerino pls