Roleplay Immersive NPC!!!

• Roleplay Immersive NPC!!!

Hiya

I am Stormlord and I have an idea why not allow Roleplay Immersive NPCs to exist within certain parameters so as to increase content and revenue for the game.

SOME EXAMPLES

TOWN CRYER

what if we had Roleplay Immersive NPCs that were

a - flagged as such
    b - unable to move (perma stunned)
    c - only had chat perms

Why?

well its a simple workaround for organising guild events :D

Example - Fred (not real) the WW Roleplay Immersive NPC is told to say "their will be a t4-5 dungeon in 10 minutes Y to lead and X up to join" anyone who X's is pulled into said party and they can do the dungeon/ gathering run/ raid ect ect

the officer or the owner of said Roleplay Immersive NPC can then be reprogramed to update and inform all guild members on current plans

we know "BOTS" exist but why not channel their use to something that gives quality of life

Roleplay Immersive NPC with perms could even access chest and give mats to pre determined members WHEN THE OWNER IS NOT ONLINE ... OMG .. IM A GENIUS ... WHY ISNT THIS A THING

this idea has immense potential and will mean they buy another "special account" with the corrections

you can continue to ban the illegal Roleplay Immersive NPCs while increasing the quality of life for your player easily

FIGHTER Roleplay Immersive NPC!!!!

roams around killing mobs and can be killed by players

SELLER Roleplay Immersive NPC!!!

sit in the market providing economic data

doing this will increase your population - increase subs - provide awesome cosmetic options... the sky is the limits

GIVE THEM COOL HATS :D

<3 Storm

The post was edited 5 times, last by Stormlord ().

• Midgard wrote:

Joke, right?
    A nudge into a hyporthetical

the mindset is similar to Bethesda working with modders instead of punishing them

Flair wrote:

0 sense
    You came to a Stormlord post looking for sense!?

are you mad? ;)

Elsa wrote:

Quality of Life improvements should (and will be) be provided via in-game mechanics, not player bots. Allowing user-made bots, which have the ability to manipulate the client, would set the matter of botting and use of other third-party software on a very slippery slope.
    As with most of my ideas it is sitting in a primordial pool

As for Should ... the problem for a word like should is that it hurt individuality and this MMO will need it to get ahead of it competition past release - coming up with exciting new way to interact with its world will blow it into the next evolution

think... how many Skyrim players would love Albion

start saying "oh we have a botter/modder community like skyim" = people talk = a community will develop.

Now back to the Idea

I break into to base concepts

1- Bethesda

this is where they give the tools out freely but hold tight reign on how they are implemented

2- The MMO concept expansion

this is where a "bot account" is set up but the toon has some limits SET by S.I :D
  • Lobram wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

You came to a Stormlord post looking for sense!?

are you mad?
    +1
    <3

xxblessedxx wrote:

You seem to know allot about bots, maybe they should look into your account to make sure you haven't been cheating. Why would you play a game to just cheat? Where is the fun in that... -.^
    they are more then welcome as I don't

but

maybe they should have a look at yours?

doth he protest too much devs? ;)
  • Stormlord wrote:

Working to understand and cultivate the skill set of your players has made Bethesda a powerful company.
    Bethesda isn't that great.. And all their games are single player so using it as a comparison isn't a good idea.

Why do you need a character model (bot) in game for something that just notifies other players in your guild of something. For immersion? Do you just want to decorate something and call it yours? Do you know what a "bot" is? Why am I replying to this thread?
  • LemonVillain wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

Working to understand and cultivate the skill set of your players has made Bethesda a powerful company.
    Bethesda isn't that great.. And all their games are single player so using it as a comparison isn't a good idea.
    Why do you need a character model (bot) in game for something that just notifies other players in your guild of something. For immersion? Do you just want to decorate something and call it yours? Do you know what a "bot" is? Why am I replying to this thread?
    Hey lemon

I understand what a bot is but I also understand how they can be manipulated into something that could create immense revenue for Albion online. I used Bethesda as an example as they really know how to work with a community in a way that keeps them around. while single player game company (sept for elders scrolls) it isn't impossible to cross the bridge with new ideas such as this. Bot programs are many things but finding way to accommodate certain phenomena of the modern gaming world is imperative to riding the trend - bot programs and scripts could help sure up weak TZ content with allowing for a "semi Npc" in the world to interact with - it has happened already but why not set the parameters and exploit the PTW crowd so our game has the money to improve Albion in ways we could never imagined ^^

as for why did you even respond to this thread... probably because you were bored and thought I would be an easy target to put shit on ^^
  • What I can see from the edit of the op, you just want more immersive NPCs added to the game, that perhaps can be told what to be by the owner. I think that's fine. Obviously it would have to be limited to an extent, that being that it cannot impact the gameplay too much such as the "fighter" NPC. This could assist in the sort of Sandbox type lore to an extent.

Cosmetics are okay as long as it's within reason. For instance, I imagine most people would like to avoid the bikini plague seen in many Asian MMOs. Also I'd like to see player cosmetics before we apply that to an NPC.

Stormlord wrote:

bot programs and scripts could help sure up weak TZ content with allowing for a "semi Npc" in the world to interact with - it has happened already
    Please elaborate. Are you saying the NPCs set up from buildings are similar to your idea?
  • LemonVillain wrote:

What I can see from the edit of the op, you just want more immersive NPCs added to the game, that perhaps can be told what to be by the owner. I think that's fine. Obviously it would have to be limited to an extent, that being that it cannot impact the gameplay too much such as the "fighter" NPC. This could assist in the sort of Sandbox type lore to an extent.

Cosmetics are okay as long as it's within reason. For instance, I imagine most people would like to avoid the bikini plague seen in many Asian MMOs. Also I'd like to see player cosmetics before we apply that to an NPC.

Stormlord wrote:

bot programs and scripts could help sure up weak TZ content with allowing for a "semi Npc" in the world to interact with - it has happened already
    Please elaborate. Are you saying the NPCs set up from buildings are similar to your idea?
    Negative similar to

-Age of Wushu
    -Darkfall (impending)

you character doesn't log off but we can expand the idea so that all the toons don't and they have some basic rules and controls - it isn't wise to just have them sitting looking as the uncanny valley sets in

giving them in game roles that are done via scripts could be a sexy idea