Hellgates: Upcoming New Map and Improvements

  • Green zone hellgates should be 5v5.

    Yellow zone hellgates should be full loot PvP.

    Everything else looks good.

    I seriously doubt people would mind losing their T4/5 gear if it was a fair fight against another T4/5 group. Too many zones where you can't lose your loot is bad, and is going against what fundamentally brought so many players here (full loot pvp).

    Yellow zone hell gates should def be full loot PvP, get people used to losing their gear early on. Green being no item drop on death is fine but it should be a 5v5 as well, have 2 player hell gates is just so weird when yellow/red/black zone are 5v5. You need get people in the mode for 5v5s by letting them do green hellgates without losing items while practicing a 5v5 comp. Then they move onto 5v5 yellows where they can lose their stuff, but the gear is capped. honestly a 2v2 is just a silly gimmick.

    Either way if you keep green 2v2, yellow should def be full loot hellgates though, myself and the rest of my guild find it disappointing to see the game shy away from its core design philosophy.

    Green - No loot drops on death, items are capped at 600 IP, lets people practice 5v5 comps and practice PvP.
    Yellow - Loot drops on death, items are capped at 800 IP (people are going to fight similarly geared groups - won't mind losing their gear as much, way more fun this way btw instead of there being zero risk)
    Red/Black - Loot drops on death, no item cap.

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting. Let people practice 5v5s in green zone HGs then they move to yellow zone HG where they can lose their gear but items are capped so they're not fighting any crazy 7.2 groups.

    The post was edited 9 times, last by Trystan ().

  • Captainrussia wrote:

    Cartographer wrote:

    I made a lot of hellgates... and I soloed it a lot of times : )
    ROFLcake....
    ISO proof of you "soloing" hellgates....
    Since a new hellgate is comming and the whol system will be changed I tell you how to do it : )

    - you need a healer staff, holy or nature (maybe bow or other ranged staff can work out by bringing a bonus merc chest armor and use it at the boss fight, so you can heal by dot'ing - I did not tied it but if you dodge the circles well, it's posible)
    - you need assasin chest + merc boots (invis ×2)
    - you run true the mobs till you reach the last 6 (you just run true them with shield if holy, heal over time if natur and after they left there spot by 10 meters you invis- they will drop the agro and go back to there spot - easy : ))
    - after you killed the last 6 the boss arrives (you can separate the last 6 and kill them one by one or two at the same time)
    - finaly you just have to stay out of the boss main spell circle and dodge the little lava circles.
    - if no one jumps on you you can do it in 10 min - all loot is yours : )
  • Dagother wrote:

    BRiCK wrote:

    BRiCK wrote:

    BRiCK wrote:

    Question...

    Regarding the Buff the minibosses give you. Is the damage buff and health regen buff permanent for the hellgate? If so, whats to stop teams from just stacking up the buff and then shitting all over whoever is unlucky enough to get paired against them?
    Bumping my question since it still hasnt been answered.
    Bump
    The buff is not permanent and you cannot stack it.
    Just watch it on stream now: twitch.tv/albiononline
    Appreciate it Dagother, I didnt get to watch the stream in time but I was in TS with some buddies who watched and they filled me in on it. Thanks again bud.
  • Trystan wrote:

    Green zone hellgates should be 5v5.

    Yellow zone hellgates should be full loot PvP.

    Everything else looks good.

    I seriously doubt people would mind losing their T4/5 gear if it was a fair fight against another T4/5 group. Too many zones where you can't lose your loot is bad, and is going against what fundamentally brought so many players here (full loot pvp).

    Yellow zone hell gates should def be full loot PvP, get people used to losing their gear early on. Green being no item drop on death is fine but it should be a 5v5 as well, have 2 player hell gates is just so weird when yellow/red/black zone are 5v5. You need get people in the mode for 5v5s by letting them do green hellgates without losing items while practicing a 5v5 comp. Then they move onto 5v5 yellows where they can lose their stuff, but the gear is capped. honestly a 2v2 is just a silly gimmick.

    Either way if you keep green 2v2, yellow should def be full loot hellgates though, myself and the rest of my guild find it disappointing to see the game shy away from its core design philosophy.

    Green - No loot drops on death, items are capped at 600 IP, lets people practice 5v5 comps and practice PvP.
    Yellow - Loot drops on death, items are capped at 800 IP (people are going to fight similarly geared groups - won't mind losing their gear as much, way more fun this way btw instead of there being zero risk)
    Red/Black - Loot drops on death, no item cap.

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting. Let people practice 5v5s in green zone HGs then they move to yellow zone HG where they can lose their gear but items are capped so they're not fighting any crazy 7.2 groups.
    The problem with yellow zones being full loot is it confuses new players. They go into a yellow zone hellgate where yellow zones you cant die, all of a sudden they can die inside. Most newbies dont know about that.
  • @BRiCK - the game lacks a lot more info and you are afraid a newbie will lose a t5 set? c'mon.
    they will learn.
    For all the casual town warriors the green 5v5 would be a good place to "arena" in that 1 set they worked so hard for and can't afford to lose it.
    For all the newbie, the 5v5 green format would be the perfect place to learn the core design of the game, the 5man team... not that 2man crap, the fack are you supposed to learn from that setup?

    The one thing i like is they removed the resource drops, that was stupid... a team farming HGs could've gathered more .2 and .3 already refined resources than 30 gatherers in one day, on the other hand i want to know how will SBI address the new lack of resources required to refine the higher tier resources, cuz if they don't improve the timers/chances for .3 nodes on the t4-t6 bracket, 7.3 and 8.3 will be stacked forever or devalue due to the lack of 6.3 refined components required.
  • Trystan wrote:

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting.
    I agreed with most everything in your post except this line. It's pretty arbitrary to say that hell gates should only be for 5v5 fights. I see no reason why hell gates should be limited to just 5v5 play. I don't see why they shouldn't have solo hell gates, 2v2, and 5v5. This would give solo players a way to get in on some of the hell gate loot, couples and pairs of friends something to do, and it still leaves open the possibility for 5v5.
  • ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

    Trystan wrote:

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting.
    I agreed with most everything in your post except this line. It's pretty arbitrary to say that hell gates should only be for 5v5 fights. I see no reason why hell gates should be limited to just 5v5 play. I don't see why they shouldn't have solo hell gates, 2v2, and 5v5. This would give solo players a way to get in on some of the hell gate loot, couples and pairs of friends something to do, and it still leaves open the possibility for 5v5.
    I think there should also be 3v3 (so people can practice with all three roles: tank, healer, dps) and 10v10 so that mini zergs can practice and aren't left out of the hellgate drops!

    Also, there should be a zerg hellgate for 20v20 and 50v50 for the very large guilds so they have something to do as a group and so they can practice for town and city fights.
  • BRiCK wrote:

    Trystan wrote:

    Green zone hellgates should be 5v5.

    Yellow zone hellgates should be full loot PvP.

    Everything else looks good.

    I seriously doubt people would mind losing their T4/5 gear if it was a fair fight against another T4/5 group. Too many zones where you can't lose your loot is bad, and is going against what fundamentally brought so many players here (full loot pvp).

    Yellow zone hell gates should def be full loot PvP, get people used to losing their gear early on. Green being no item drop on death is fine but it should be a 5v5 as well, have 2 player hell gates is just so weird when yellow/red/black zone are 5v5. You need get people in the mode for 5v5s by letting them do green hellgates without losing items while practicing a 5v5 comp. Then they move onto 5v5 yellows where they can lose their stuff, but the gear is capped. honestly a 2v2 is just a silly gimmick.

    Either way if you keep green 2v2, yellow should def be full loot hellgates though, myself and the rest of my guild find it disappointing to see the game shy away from its core design philosophy.

    Green - No loot drops on death, items are capped at 600 IP, lets people practice 5v5 comps and practice PvP.
    Yellow - Loot drops on death, items are capped at 800 IP (people are going to fight similarly geared groups - won't mind losing their gear as much, way more fun this way btw instead of there being zero risk)
    Red/Black - Loot drops on death, no item cap.

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting. Let people practice 5v5s in green zone HGs then they move to yellow zone HG where they can lose their gear but items are capped so they're not fighting any crazy 7.2 groups.
    The problem with yellow zones being full loot is it confuses new players. They go into a yellow zone hellgate where yellow zones you cant die, all of a sudden they can die inside. Most newbies dont know about that.
    GVG diffrencies?
  • BRiCK wrote:

    Trystan wrote:

    Green zone hellgates should be 5v5.

    Yellow zone hellgates should be full loot PvP.

    Everything else looks good.

    I seriously doubt people would mind losing their T4/5 gear if it was a fair fight against another T4/5 group. Too many zones where you can't lose your loot is bad, and is going against what fundamentally brought so many players here (full loot pvp).

    Yellow zone hell gates should def be full loot PvP, get people used to losing their gear early on. Green being no item drop on death is fine but it should be a 5v5 as well, have 2 player hell gates is just so weird when yellow/red/black zone are 5v5. You need get people in the mode for 5v5s by letting them do green hellgates without losing items while practicing a 5v5 comp. Then they move onto 5v5 yellows where they can lose their stuff, but the gear is capped. honestly a 2v2 is just a silly gimmick.

    Either way if you keep green 2v2, yellow should def be full loot hellgates though, myself and the rest of my guild find it disappointing to see the game shy away from its core design philosophy.

    Green - No loot drops on death, items are capped at 600 IP, lets people practice 5v5 comps and practice PvP.
    Yellow - Loot drops on death, items are capped at 800 IP (people are going to fight similarly geared groups - won't mind losing their gear as much, way more fun this way btw instead of there being zero risk)
    Red/Black - Loot drops on death, no item cap.

    ^^^ would be ideal. If you want to do some 2v2 PvP you shouldn't make it hellgates, hellgates are supposed to be 5v5 fighting. Let people practice 5v5s in green zone HGs then they move to yellow zone HG where they can lose their gear but items are capped so they're not fighting any crazy 7.2 groups.
    The problem with yellow zones being full loot is it confuses new players. They go into a yellow zone hellgate where yellow zones you cant die, all of a sudden they can die inside. Most newbies dont know about that.
    also (lets hope there will be hard cap IP in blue and yellow) like what ppl wanna loot there? a t3 set mixed up with t2? : P Well, true what is true, if there will be no hard I cap, than a veteran player will enter to blue (700 ip) that new players will barely even reach and he will gather up a bunch of kill fames by using + 180 IP and his knowlage due to the game.

    If blue will have no hard IP cap and it would have full loot, we can immediately rename it to "griefingate" : D
  • 3 man hellgates is better than 2 man so you can at least experience group fights.

    Why take full loot away from PvP? This is literally THE place to go to for PvP, they already don't die in regular dungeons or open world, just leave hellgates full loot and put hard cap not soft cap.

    Give us some of those 2 man hellgates in the black zones too.

    Please don't balance the game around Ashen hellgates. Last thing we want is another case of fucking with healers because they are to strong in duels.

    Second team in will always have a disadvantage. Seriously you need something like a waiting room inside the hellgate, then it lets you start once the other team gets in.

    Also in the same thread that you said "Hellgates are for PvP" you've also added:
    • Mobs: Trash mobs, minibosses and main boss in the center.
    They better give good loot.

    This is supposed to launch in July? Why even provide a release date before Beta 3 started like seriously, if you completely change the game, with that comes a whole new set of problems to deal with and if the past is any indicator, that shit couldn't get fixed over an 8 month span so how in the world is it going to be fixed in 4 months this time. At the moment we're looking at like 4-5 month lifespan after launch.

    Anyways in the process of trying to fix things lets keep fucking with things that aint broke.

  • I think there doing it because they don't want to give reasonable loot from the minibosses, but they want to solve an issue of the groups just constantly looking for the other party. (or camping the portals)

    So if your forced to kill the miniboss's because of fear of the other group having the buff and your group not having it then your not constantly running around trying to get an advantage on the other group.

    They mention you start with the buff and the start of hell gate without killing anything.

    Looking at the tournies as well - it didn't seem like to much of an issue.
  • Kostan wrote:

    HypeRNT wrote:

    just wondering whose idea was it to give u a buff after killing a boss while saying something along the lines of " we dont want PvE mobs effecting PvP, so this change will be much better"
    Not working as intended during test.

    You zone in with the buff, mini bosses to maintain it.

    Empty HG? Faster now due to buff.
    PvP? Both teams should have it depending on scenario.
    "depending on scenario" there shouldn't be a scenario in a hell gate where 1 team has a buff that helps your PvP and the other does not... thats my whole point... I dont want to ever have a conversation about, well sorry boys, we were better but depending on scenario they had a buff that rekt us.

    The whole argument was that mobs or anything else should not have influence over PvP.... This literally is the exact opposite of desired goal... Now im basing this on your words and the stream, even with it not working as intended, no buff should be in hell gates that can increase your chances of winning in a PvP scenario, PvE sure, no1 cares about what buffs you use for PvE, but PvP is very important...
  • Kostan wrote:

    HypeRNT wrote:

    just wondering whose idea was it to give u a buff after killing a boss while saying something along the lines of " we dont want PvE mobs effecting PvP, so this change will be much better"
    Not working as intended during test.

    You zone in with the buff, mini bosses to maintain it.

    Empty HG? Faster now due to buff.
    PvP? Both teams should have it depending on scenario.
    It's the "depending on scenario." part I dislike... Thanks, but no


    <3
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
  • HypeRNT wrote:

    "depending on scenario" there shouldn't be a scenario in a hell gate where 1 team has a buff that helps your PvP and the other does not... thats my whole point... I dont want to ever have a conversation about, well sorry boys, we were better but depending on scenario they had a buff that rekt us.

    Donaramu wrote:

    It's the "depending on scenario." part I dislike... Thanks, but no

    Ever seen DOTA or DOTA2 roshan?

    /thread
  • Captainrussia wrote:

    HypeRNT wrote:

    "depending on scenario" there shouldn't be a scenario in a hell gate where 1 team has a buff that helps your PvP and the other does not... thats my whole point... I dont want to ever have a conversation about, well sorry boys, we were better but depending on scenario they had a buff that rekt us.

    Donaramu wrote:

    It's the "depending on scenario." part I dislike... Thanks, but no
    Ever seen DOTA or DOTA2 roshan?

    /thread
    We're playing a MOBA? I dislike dota.. well HOTS= better
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!