Hellgates: Upcoming New Map and Improvements

• Flint89 wrote:

Cartographer wrote:

maybe I just did not get something, or missunderstood, but is it a viable scenario as:

- first team opens the gate in red, all of them has tons of low tier mats
    - second team join the map as the gate opens on black
    with that the insta is full, gate closed

They kill the mobs + the boss all together, team 1 trade the mats and their gear on team 2. Then team 2 kills the naked team 1 guys and transfer everything to black.
    theoretically yes, but very unlikely to happen. lets say there are 50 hellgates spawned in red and black zones. how u want to know which ones are linked together? U can not decide if u enter the same Hellgate from 2 different zones or not.
    so basicaly if team 1 opens the gate in red, enters and it activates the gates in black, in black they should enter the same insta I guess if they jump to the 5/10 gate that gets activated just when their red team started the insta. Or do the gate activation open empty maps as well? I believe that at the opening it's no matter that what zone you use to enter it will link you to the actual 5/10 one. I guess it can fail, just if the same time another gate gets activated as well.

But correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Lobram wrote:

Cartographer wrote:

maybe I just did not get something, or missunderstood, but is it a viable scenario as:

- first team opens the gate in red, all of them has tons of low tier mats
    - second team join the map as the gate opens on black
    with that the insta is full, gate closed

They kill the mobs + the boss all together, team 1 trade the mats and their gear on team 2. Then team 2 kills the naked team 1 guys and transfer everything to black.
    How is this any different from how it is now?
    it can work as a content.. like a dimension corridor between a gate next to the red town and between a gate in black zone next to your guild base. And basicaly it needs some effort to fulfil this transfer. But if it will work out than that will be the way to transfer low tier mats to black. Specially for "red" players. (the trip could be quite long on mount from the red town to the most north side or the middle of black)
  • Questions:

I'm wondering if this boss loot (or reward chest?) artifacts in the Infernal gates will have a higher drop chance/rarity than the current hellgate setup?
    I think that would be great since only the most geared/skilled may be able to get the best rewards.

Constructive Feedback

Once me and my guildies reviewed this new design and this damage/health regen buff was read over; IMMEDIATELY ALL of us spoke up on our mic's in agreeance that we do NOT want a damage or health regen buf f(For the sake of our pride) it complely takes the fun out of wiping a equivalently geared Team..... now you just only won because you had the mini boss buff(s)... this is ALBION not league of legends, we dont want or need max dragon buffs to balnce our play!

What happens for those groups who do not zone into the hellgate until 2-5 minutes after the first group?? Now they are automatically behind since the first group already downed one or two mini bosses!

WE WANT PURE PVP, get this EXPLOITIVE pve aspect out of here!

Other than that i think the new design is great! This gets rid of either not being matched with an enemy team at all, or finally being matched but sadly with t4/5 flat groups which are both not fun.... Also it wont allow runners to get away as easily, although i think the 5 minute timer is relatively short since it takes 2 minutes a piece for each mini boss as stated in the post. This means a non-pvp team can run in and get the loot of atleast 2 mini bosses before encountering the enemy team and running out. Perhaps 8 minutes? I know healer dc's are crucial but there are more runner teams then there are healer dc's (in my experience).

As a final note id like to remind the Staff that although this mini boss buff may create a new objective and style for hellgates, MOST ALBION hellgater's are ONLY in there for the PURE PVP GAMEPLAY and the rewards of other groups gear + kill fame. Unfair advantages given by pve is not what we want AT ALL. Hell, give us a one-laned bridge to have at it! Thats what made hellgates great in the first place!

(By using the words "exploitive pve aspect", i mean that the design gives the first team in the hellgate an unfair advantage over the second team, which is obtained by pve content)

This above issue could be corrected by limiting the mini boss buff to 3 stacks, therefore each team can get 2 of the mini bosses each, and fight over the 5th mini boss via a damage competition and then fight after. But ONLY if this feature must stay for whatever reason.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shmough ().

• Shmough wrote:

Questions:

I'm wondering if this boss loot (or reward chest?) artifacts in the Infernal gates will have a higher drop chance/rarity than the current hellgate setup?
    I think that would be great since only the most geared/skilled may be able to get the best rewards.

Second, will the gate times change? As in when will the second gate close making a second team unable to join? Will it still be when the boss spawns?

Constructive Feedback

Once me and my guildies reviewed this new design and this damage/health regen buff was read over; IMMEDIATELY ALL of us spoke up on our mic's in agreeance that we do NOT want a damage or health regen buf f(For the sake of our pride) it complely takes the fun out of wiping a equivalently geared Team..... now you just only won because you had the mini boss buff(s)... this is ALBION not league of legends, we dont want or need max dragon buffs to balnce our play!

What happens for those groups who do not zone into the hellgate until 2-5 minutes after the first group?? Now they are automatically behind since the first group already downed one or two mini bosses!

WE WANT PURE PVP, get this EXPLOITIVE pve aspect out of here!

Other than that i think the new design is great! This gets rid of either not being matched with an enemy team at all, or finally being matched but sadly with t4/5 flat groups which are both not fun.... Also it wont allow runners to get away as easily, although i think the 5 minute timer is relatively short since it takes 2 minutes a piece for each mini boss as stated in the post. This means a non-pvp team can run in and get the loot of atleast 2 mini bosses before encountering the enemy team and running out. Perhaps 8 minutes? I know healer dc's are crucial but there are more runner teams then there are healer dc's (in my experience).

As a final note id like to remind the Staff that although this mini boss buff may create a new objective and style for hellgates, MOST ALBION hellgater's are ONLY in there for the PURE PVP GAMEPLAY and the rewards of other groups gear + kill fame. Unfair advantages given by pve is not what we want AT ALL. Hell, give us a one-laned bridge to have at it! Thats what made hellgates great in the first place!

(By using the words "exploitive pve aspect", i mean that the design gives the first team in the hellgate an unfair advantage over the second team, which is obtained by pve content)

This above issue could be corrected by limiting the mini boss buff to 3 stacks, therefore each team can get 2 of the mini bosses each, and fight over the 5th mini boss via a damage competition and then fight after. But ONLY if this feature must stay for whatever reason.
    Your first question is answered already if you just read the details of each hellgate.

Your second question is also answered. The hellgate wont close off to others until all mini bosses are killed and the boss spawns.
  • BRiCK wrote:

Question...

Regarding the Buff the minibosses give you. Is the damage buff and health regen buff permanent for the hellgate? If so, whats to stop teams from just stacking up the buff and then shitting all over whoever is unlucky enough to get paired against them?
    Bumping my question since it still hasnt been answered.
  • Shmough wrote:

@BRiCK how do u figure ? I clearly have read the article since i made such a large post on it.... I'm asking if the new infernal gate drops will be better comapred to the CURRENT artifact drop chance/rarity... not the difference between each new hellgate type
    They've already stated that the rewards in the hellgates will be the same as they are now minus the enchanted resources.

Player Crafted Mob Drops will also be included in it most likely. This combined with the current drop rate for artifacts will probably equate to the current loot amount.
  • BRiCK wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

Question...

Regarding the Buff the minibosses give you. Is the damage buff and health regen buff permanent for the hellgate? If so, whats to stop teams from just stacking up the buff and then shitting all over whoever is unlucky enough to get paired against them?
    Bumping my question since it still hasnt been answered.
    Bump
    The buff is not permanent and you cannot stack it.

Just watch it on stream now: twitch.tv/albiononline
  • For those asking: The buff was not perfectly working as intended and the animation is a placeholder.
    The goal is to give the player a reason to go for the minibosses every X minutes instead of waiting for the other team. The missing part was that you start the hellgate with a buff.
    Also the feedback of the player involved on the buff will matter, but currently its not the optimal solution!
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.