Hellgates: Upcoming New Map and Improvements

• its a balancing act between keeping casuals happy and hard core. I like the purposed changes.

I've been here since the first beta, has their Vision changed a bit as the game is evolve, yes but we need casuals just as much as we need hardcores you guys.

Need to not get so angry when they give little things to keep the average player interested.
    Blame the smart phone for typo's.
  • Kaosfury wrote:

its a balancing act between keeping casuals happy and hard core. I like the purposed changes.

I've been here since the first beta, has their Vision changed a bit as the game is evolve, yes but we need casuals just as much as we need hardcores you guys.

Need to not get so angry when they give little things to keep the average player interested.
    True, I have concerns but lets see how it plays out.
  • Should make either make yellow HGs have full loot, or make red capped & full loot. (keep black as you've said).

Yes people want fair fights, it's no fun being obliterated by a team 3 tiers higher than you that's a given - but it's also not much fun beating someone if you don't get a reward at the end.

Even the yellow zone chest fights disperse more or less as soon as the artifact's been looted.
  • looks good but might I suggest a few things

1) mini bosses add a damage buff? Meaning the first team in and to kill a mini Boss has the advantage? In the very same article you said you don't want the mobs to play a role in the pvp... so.. uhh...remove the damage buff from the mini bosses?

2) add 2 or 3 man hellgates of all tiers including black zones.

Overall looks good tho :)
  • Why not just add a requirement to go into to a red/black HG for example, 1000 IP so people can't "take the chance" and go in with 4.1 and maybe get better fame and loot for free or if we gonna divide the player base up this much we might as well just make red T6+ and make so you press on the portal and gets sent to a room with a locked room and a queue system...

You have to give the higher tier players that wanna make BANK and have good fights a good area to get fights in, currently we wait all day to do gvg to maybe get a good fight and then spam HG and get 2/4 hg are free 1/4 is vs a 4.1 pug and 1/4 is like a semi good 6.1 group.
  • @Bercilak why always complicate things that can be easily adjusted?

Pretending to PvP like FrankSinatra stated before is going to give a fake sense of how the world really works and make the engagements even more frustrating to such players.

Why you guys havent done the simple thing?

Cap hellgates and distinct them:

-HG until T6 (4.2;5.1;6)

-HG until T8(5.3;6.2;7.1)

-Unlimited HG

You didnt need to create any content, just adjust the existent ones. There is still time to apply those rules or just create those HG and let the 2v2 and 3v3 to be HG queued from Expeditions because no loot rules should not be applied to Open World.

As time goes by i am less and less encouraged to play that game. I have 7 real life friends that just quit the game before the launch how crazy does that sound?

Best regards,

K
  • No material dropping is eh... But 2/3 Hellgate dungeons where you can loot artifacts are now zero risk, that is kind of a bad idea no? Green zone knockdown is enough, why make yellow zones suffer?

Also @Bercilak @Korn @Monochrome @Retroman Can you confirm the channel exit to a HG is still 5 seconds because you are bad at design? I don't care how long until you can channel out, as long as the channel itself is that short you will enable dodges.

Anything to stop non consensual pvp boys.
  • Korn wrote:

Tezari wrote:

Thanks for adding the "Soft Cap" to the hellgates a very much needed feature.

Being this said, can someone explain how it works? What happens if a 1000 IP player joins a 700 soft cap Hellgate? How much his power is lowered?

Regards!
    We can set a soft cap value and a soft cap scaling factor.
    What the scaling factor does is reducing item power above the soft cap in an exponential manner. For example, if the soft cap is at 500, and the scaling factor is at 0.7, here is what happens if your item power is 800:
    • The first 500 IP is taken in full
    • The next 100 IP is multiplied with 0.7, hence counted as 70
    • The next 100 IP is multiplied with 0.7*0.7, hence counted as 49
    • The next 100 IP is multiplied with 0.7*0.7*0.7, hence counted as 34
    • This gives you a total IP of 653 instead of 800.

so basicaly players should enter in the best high end gear to no gank gates to grab the loot for sure vs totaly noob low lvl players.... very bad idea! Hard item power cap or it has no meaning.

Overal the new system looks superior! : )
    But increase the loot a bit... I know that nothing is set in stone, but the loot seems not that great. I would not go in to the blue/yellow to grab the rewards if I would go for loot : )
  • @Bercilak @Korn Made a more constructive information for you all about how i think we should do it :)

This the biggest issue we currently have are

One: There is no constant constructive area where you can take part in a solid and gvg pvp like experience.
    Two: Not having a bracket or league for each IP.

Games that did this perfect is runescape for example, They added combat levels so a higher tier will only be able to attack someone with the same amount of time invested in your combat tree.
    We can't copy this but the fact we can learn from it.

Yellow gates, I think we should make so for example Yellow zone hg are all about the fame and learning pvp and trying new setups you don't lose anything from dying but you get a small bonus from winning but this area should offer people the chance to learn to 5v5 and try new setups. with the 800 IP cap this will make everyone the same here and its gonna be skill vs skill and you can move on to red gates from that point on.

Red gates, they should have a requirement of at least 900 IP to enter but will get soft cap at 1000 IP so solid tier six.
    If you go down in a red gate you die and lose everything and the fame x2.0 so its a bit more rewarding.
    This is mainly to get the people that're farming the yellow and got a solid group by now should be able to progress and start gaining from their hard work and the soft cap at tiet five to tier six makes it so its good loot still but the tier doesn't make you lose a fight because they're higher tier.

Black gates, Only the people that have 1100 IP and above will only be able to enter. this will be the High risk but also high reward.
    High fame rate and loot and pvp players.

Having it this way, you get an area where people can try comps out and train, a try out zone where its small reward for small risk and then a end game tier constructive 5 vs 5 area with more risk and more gain.
    Also when you guys are making the new hellgates map try to make it as GvG like as you can. so its a lot of chokes and less large areas, currently in our HG we got comps that works soooo well in HG but are shit in gvg because its a very different area and zone you fight in.

I hope my rant gave some good tips :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klu ().