1 hand dagger is underpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 1 hand dagger is underpowered

With 1 hand dagger's E like that, the only way to play it is to stack tons of attack speed and hit your target as many as possible. If you don't use it that way, then there's no point in using it because the Bloodletter is there.

The problem with poison coating is, it lasts only 5 secs and dagger is a melee weapon. Almost every single ITEMs in the game can counter dagger: pop your shoes and run, activate chest piece/ helm piece, stun/silence in some weapons, jump away (bow), slow and run, push dagger away, . . . . . . . What's the use of this weapon?

Suggested solution:
      1/ It's E need to be buffed. Maybe less dame, longer duration.
      2/ Change dagger's E to sth else and remove the attack speed + poison build. For example, change its E to a fast cool down throwing skill, make sense right? Since dagger is light and can be used to throw at your enemies, in fact, that's what happens to 90% of the time to dagger users in movies, novels, animes, . . . . . . . . . :D
    • You will definitively have trouble playing 1h dagger in solo.

Its more viable in small scale and with CC obviously so you can stick on your target.

Once you unlock attack speed passive and mastery 40, the E damage beats any other weapon ( even more if you use hunter chest which is viable since you can invi using your Q stacks ), so if you would make it easier to stick on a target it would be op.
      The fact the duration is short is better, specially when your team got CC.

Bloodletter is only good to finish off people, the E dmg and CD make it bad to damage people above 40%.

So even if you hit for 2-3 sec, it will match any other E from other weapon basically. If you hit the full 5s, your target is most probably dead.

Simple math will show you the potential, you can reach 2.5+ attack per sec with this weapon, which result in 3.5k+ damage in 5s with a t4 flat 1h dagger, but you need the masteries.
    • McRenzy schrieb:

Once you unlock attack speed passive and mastery 40, the E damage beats any other weapon ( even more if you use hunter chest which is viable since you can invi using your Q stacks ), so if you would make it easier to stick on a target it would be op.
      The fact the duration is short is better, specially when your team got CC.
      I actually main 1h dagger/torch i like it's simple high dps with out much effort. i haven't dabbled with the hunter chest but it seems like it would be viable. even with assassin's jacket i do pretty well in the 5 second e window then ambush/meditate another e duration. i think it's a stronger pve weapon then pvp. But if they let u smack them they gonna die =P. assassin jacket normally saves me when i get aggro which happens alot.
      https://albiononline.com/?ref=S5ZEP59TSK Referral Link
    • Yes sure, I mean a tank should be able to destroy alone a dps !

No joke, a balanced game is healthy but a too much balanced game is unhealthy. Look wow : balancing the game 24/7 made a lot of ppl leaving it. "Oooh the tank can jump in I want it too with my hunter I mean it's unfair !" That's exactly what fucks a game up.

Daggers have always been in every game a duelist weapon. You have limits on your class and it's perfectly normal.
      Just a build suggestion : dagger and torch, mercenary chest, assassin boots and the hg artifact leather head (lost the name). You deal dmg as fuck and when you applied your every dots you sneak and silence to buy time, the ennemy is dead.
      I mean with dagger you can destroy a guy in 1v1, but as you probably know that's just not a ganker build. If the guy don't wanna fight you won't kill him. If you wanna chase some gatherers go with claymore or double bladed staff for example.

Its just about knowing what you wanna do and what you can do with each weapon that should lead you to a weapon in particular. It's not the other way, I hope SBI won't change a weapon because some ppl just wanna do something that the weapon don't let them do.
    • LemonVillain schrieb:

Kedebezkaza, It makes sense that some weapons should fill a different niche but this statement:

Kadebezkaza schrieb:

If the guy don't wanna fight you won't kill him
      makes daggers completely useless for PvP. If 1h dagger has to have its own special weakness, this isn't it.
      Hi, as Kadebezkaza and me already stated, its not true that the dagger ist worthless in PVP, it will just not work in solo PVP as most weapons are not suitable for solo PVP specially if that single target does not want to fight. Actually most of the weapons in game have that problem - weapons designed to root do not have enough dmg, weapons with good damage don't root or slow.
      Bottom line, concerning your question "Should a weapon only be viable once it has a certain combination of other players around it?" : It seems most of the weapons serve a specific role, if you try to act against that role you will have to try to build around it with other gearpeaces trying to complement -if that does not work, you probably need another person to fill the part missing - yes. Actually same with PVP...try a dungeon with a nature staff...no fun.

Cheery,
      Skitted

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Skitted ()

• Skitted schrieb:

Hi, as Kadebezkaza and me already stated, its not true that the dagger ist worthless in PVP, it will just not work in solo PVP as most weapons are not suitable for solo PVP specially if that single target does not want to fight. Actually most of the weapons in game have that problem - weapons designed to root do not have enough dmg, weapons with good damage don't root or slow.
      And yet, it still isn't viable to sit on a stunned target and beat them for 5s, because it isn't enough burst damage. Just look at what happened to double dagger and tell me why people don't play it anymore.

Skitted schrieb:

Actually same with PVP...try a dungeon with a nature staff...no fun.
      First off, PvE doesn't matter
      Second:
    • Dagger line is really dumb.
      only Bloodletter makes the line viable while it just looks like a sword.

1H dagger needs to be overhauled.

IMO,
      1H dagger should have slit throat and Dagger pair should have AoE poison slash or something (it could be auto attack buff like bow W)

Tyrannosaurus-rex / Rest in Pieces
      Chill out, Dickwad