The Role of Cleanse and CC

• Cabraller18 schrieb:

If you run Merc hood you can easily survive through a Heavy mace + demon assuming you know which one to cleanse off. If they were to nerf the cleanse on helmet you would have a very hard time dealing with that combination. As the game is balanced at the moment there is bascially a counter to everything. Learn to adapt to what people are running instead of crying for nerfs.
      Did you read the thread?
    • As the issue in this thread in many ways is cleanse vs. hammer, which has only relied on its one good stun.

I think the devs have come up with a n easy, but for the time being, good fix for hammer users.

In hector hammer will get a aoe knockup ability which seems to be very good at displacing enemies. Also if the user is good/fast enough, a good interrupt.

This will somehow balance out hammer against cleanse by not making hammer tottaly useless if facing cleanses.

Also the staff cleanses have increased CD to 15 sec.

Even doe, this was very good changes, I would still like to see CC breakers being available to every helmet.
    • LemonVillain schrieb:

Killj0y schrieb:

silence isn't what makes that build too strong... It's the purge... Not sure how many times that needs to be said...
      And if cleanse is nerfed, it will be even stronger.????
      Whats your point. I never said purge wasn't OP. This thread isn't even about purge.
      The fact that purge isnt affected by cleanse in any way, it does not have anything to do with this thread.

If cleanse cant be nerfed because mace's purge is too good its really easy to draw the line isn't it? It is possible to nerf both purge and cleanse to keep mace in balance.
    • Raczer schrieb:

As the issue in this thread in many ways is cleanse vs. hammer, which has only relied on its one good stun.

I think the devs have come up with a n easy, but for the time being, good fix for hammer users.

In hector hammer will get a aoe knockup ability which seems to be very good at displacing enemies. Also if the user is good/fast enough, a good interrupt.

This will somehow balance out hammer against cleanse by not making hammer tottaly useless if facing cleanses.

Also the staff cleanses have increased CD to 15 sec.

Even doe, this was very good changes, I would still like to see CC breakers being available to every helmet.
      If what you are saying is true about the 15 sec CD then this changes absolutely nothing lol. With all CC being on a 15+ second CD it can still be instantly cleansed everytime.
    • Raczer schrieb:

The fact that purge isnt affected by cleanse in any way, it does not have anything to do with this thread.

If cleanse cant be nerfed because mace's purge is too good its really easy to draw the line isn't it? It is possible to nerf both purge and cleanse to keep mace in balance.
      I think it goes without saying that every CC weapon should be looked at when nerfing something that is a direct counter such as cleanse.

Just take it one step at a time. First we fix cleanse. Then, if mace is overpowered as a result, fix mace.

Thomas9 schrieb:

But i think that slight nerf to some cleanses is reasonable way to do it. If that after testing shows up still be inbalanced it is easy to nerf it a little bit more without causing new problems.
      This guy gets it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von LemonVillain () aus folgendem Grund: wtf is with this website so many bugs with the chat.

• LemonVillain schrieb:

Raczer schrieb:

I think it goes without saying that every CC weapon should be looked at when nerfing something that is a direct counter such as cleanse.
      Just take it one step at a time. First we fix cleanse. Then, if mace is overpowered as a result, fix mace.

Thomas9 schrieb:

But i think that slight nerf to some cleanses is reasonable way to do it. If that after testing shows up still be inbalanced it is easy to nerf it a little bit more without causing new problems.
      This guy gets it.
      Seems like we are discussing something we definantly agree on.. :D