PKing 4 Life :>

• PKing 4 Life :>

Neu

PKing is all that I'm about, I really don't care about anything else besides that.
      Duelling? meh.. "Fair"? fuck no.
      I believe in anything is fair in war, you gotta make sure you can get any advantage you can get over your enemies.
      And I'll kill anyone that comes across my path.. it don't matter if you're a top 10% PvPer or just a PvEr doing ur thing.. tbh, I really do take extra pleasure in killing non-pvpers.. Is there a difference between PKing and PvPing? I say there is and that's why I think PKing > PvPing. PKing is about killing but PvP doesn't necassarily have to be about killing, it's more about the challenge and honor.

And I've been PKing since the early days starting with MUDs and moving on to UO and Tibia.
      For those that played Tibia, there are two types of PvPers.. one group are those that really powergame and farm the shit out of the game, join the biggest guilds and alliances and have massive ongoing wars.
      That's not what I like to do. What I do is stick to the mid-level area.. absolutely not higher than lvl 60.. make plenty of different characters and I PK people in dungeons, people that are hunting and that gives me much more pleasure than any other type of PvP. I've setup traps where me and a couple of friends all are using characters less than lvl 20 and have killed lvl 90+ players.

All that PKing over like more than 15 years.. getting close to 20 years of my life has made me pretty sick when it comes to duelling as well which you would know if you played linkrealms or Salem (permadeath). I never declined a single duel and I won them all.. even in Salem I didn't fear fighting 1v2 (in a permadeath mmorpg!). However, just because I'm teh shit at duelling, it's still not what I'm about. I always customize my characters as much as possible for a hit n run style of combat suitable for PKing.

Survival > Killing is my mindset btw.
      Even if I play some boring FPS like BF2 back in the day, I would priorityze a low death rate over a high kill count. Most people they just spawn, and lazy and carelessly run out in the middle of the open street and get killed because that's the mentality that mainstream games develop when there's no penalty for dying. I still stay true to my nature, skulking around the corners and edges and picking people off.

Honor amoing thieves? It's something I consider, when you think about that people with a PKer mentality are a minority so if I come across people with this mentality and I'm shown respect, I will often show mercy but not always.

I used to have a lot of funny screenshots but this will just have to do it for this thread: i.imgur.com/W7cliUs.jpg (it's from the salem forum)

So, I'm just now getting started with Albion, hope it turns out to be what I'm expecting it to be. I read that stealth is possible so I'll probably make some kinda stealthy assassin and sneak around picking juicy targets off. That's the general plan I've got right now.
    • Neu

Berindon schrieb:

hit me in private man! i am exactly the same. Pkpping has been my videogame lifestyle for 20 years :)

I am an assassin in this game btw
      We'll see about cooperation later.
      I still need to figure out what kinda character I'm gonna develop and not really sure what PvP will be like yet.
      The stealth plan might get scrapped since that's not at all what I expected.. thinking now about either playing a dagger/bow/pyro character.. one of those.. hard to plan ahead when I don't know how all mechanics work like, which spells can get me out of a root.. gonna watch some vids before I log back in and see what I can learn from them.

btw, if you wanna partner up later you should know I have low tolerance for people that are too far below my own skill level.
      If it turns out you are then I might still be convinced to take you under my wing but only if you do everything I say, no fooling around or arguing and shit.. and loot ofc goes to me by default unless I tell you that you can have something.
    • Neu

Macyo schrieb:

Berindon schrieb:

hit me in private man! i am exactly the same. Pkpping has been my videogame lifestyle for 20 years :)

I am an assassin in this game btw
      We'll see about cooperation later.I still need to figure out what kinda character I'm gonna develop and not really sure what PvP will be like yet.
      The stealth plan might get scrapped since that's not at all what I expected.. thinking now about either playing a dagger/bow/pyro character.. one of those.. hard to plan ahead when I don't know how all mechanics work like, which spells can get me out of a root.. gonna watch some vids before I log back in and see what I can learn from them.

btw, if you wanna partner up later you should know I have low tolerance for people that are too far below my own skill level.
      If it turns out you are then I might still be convinced to take you under my wing but only if you do everything I say, no fooling around or arguing and shit.. and loot ofc goes to me by default unless I tell you that you can have something.
    • Neu

SpooN04 schrieb:

Macyo schrieb:

PKing is all that I'm about, I really don't care about anything else besides that.
      Duelling? meh.. "Fair"? fuck no.
      That's all I've read and I've already decided I like you. Welcome to the community.
      Thanks man, I think you and I will get along fine.

I also wanna say two more things.
      I've now decided what kinda character I'll be playing and it's going to be a a melee staff user.. I think that 8 sec stun looks just too good especially comboed together with that leather armor spell which creates that lightning aoe dot which does like 70 dmg twice a sec for an 8 sec duration.. it's like it's made for being used with a staff. And by the time that 8 sec stun is finished you're about to unleash that 3x stack which will cause another stun. And then, think about if I for example take Berindon with me, then whoever gets stunned is going to be dead before the stun wears off with both of us on him. Ofc, this is all just theory and I don't have any live experience yet but gotta start somewhere and I think it's a good plan to start out with.

The other thing I wanted to do is add a quote from Raph Koster who was the lead designer of UO. It's a quote from a post mortem blog post he made and I really should of added the quote in my OP but better later than never right?

Raph Koster schrieb:

I still believe that running servers themed around PvP or not is also a bit of a waste of time.
      The amount of wolves who want to play on a wolf-only server is way smaller than the total amount of wolves, and generally speaking, wolf-only servers are extremely underpopulated.

Switches still suck. They damage immersion badly by requiring either the exclusion of or the fictional inchorence of all area-based effects; they do not handly many of the indirect forms of possible conflict (often fatal things, like blocking for example), leading to ways to get around the switch; they don't work very well as a way of mixing PvP and -PvP styles within one game because the grief players will just move on to alternate forms of causing grief while the PvPers will feel forced out of the game by all the restrictions.
      Well, keep chillin n killin yo :>

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Macyo ()