Buff Bows - They Blow

• Gwild schrieb:

I understand people what their weapon to be good in all aspects of the game but that should not be the case IMO.

I would love to be able to solo open world roam with the mace but that is not going to happen.
      Difference is end game of this game is hellgates and gvgs for territory's... bow is not a viable option in either unless the group doesn't care about tier comps?
    • How is endgame, Hellgates and GVG lol. ppl have been farming these broken retarded things for a while now, Anything and everything could be considered endgame in Albion I can gank a t7 person and effectively get all the endgame gear.

To only focus on balancing for 5v5 is a silly statement stop being so biased. Maybe go into the openworld sometimes and stop thinking you are so leet for doing pointless GVG's and Hellgates.
    • Gwild schrieb:

I understand people what their weapon to be good in all aspects of the game but that should not be the case IMO.

I would love to be able to solo open world roam with the mace but that is not going to happen.
      Honestly, I see no problem having a mace in mace line that has way less CC and has more dps (and same mobility). Absolutely no problem. BUT. We are comparing open world small-scale PVP (1-5 players on one side) to 5v5 or even ZvZ. The latter is WAY less rare than open world small scale and actually is where the game is (we have two kinds of 5v5, and game is apparently designed around them). I think it would be fair to have a single bow in bow line, that doesn't cost 1.5m and doesn't completely suck at 5v5. Not saying that even Wailing is worth it in 5v5 (not considering the price tag at all, it's simply not viable).
    • ixxxo schrieb:

Gwild schrieb:

Honestly, I see no problem having a mace in mace line that has way less CC and has more dps (and same mobility). Absolutely no problem. BUT. We are comparing open world small-scale PVP (1-5 players on one side) to 5v5 or even ZvZ. The latter is WAY less rare than open world small scale and actually is where the game is (we have two kinds of 5v5, and game is apparently designed around them). I think it would be fair to have a single bow in bow line, that doesn't cost 1.5m and doesn't completely suck at 5v5. Not saying that even Wailing is worth it in 5v5 (not considering the price tag at all, it's simply not viable).
      What makes all the bows not viable in GvG?

How could this be remedied?
    • BlindSKH schrieb:

Bows in my opinion lack range. It's impossible to kite. No attack speed, no movement speed and no range. damage from autoattacks is pathetic.
      I agree with you on the range, I would like to see them get a small range boost.

As far as kiting goes. It is harder to kite at low levels but once you get speed shot and to a lesser degree frost shot it gets much easier.
    • BlindSKH schrieb:

Bows in my opinion lack range. It's impossible to kite. No attack speed, no movement speed and no range. damage from autoattacks is pathetic.
      Actually Bows have the longest range in the game (Whispering Bow), have Frost Jump to slow and kite, and core skills around increasing auto attack damage. There is also a slow on the passive. Movement speed on Melee characters makes sense to afford them the chance to catch a ranged. It does not make sense that a range class can kite melee endlessly as this is imbalanced.

All said Bow damage is a bit low. I think bow is struggling to find a real place in 5v5 comps. From a Zerg or Small scale World PvP stand point, they are doing quite well.
    • I think maybe little buff of bow passive skills for attack speed and damage can help... So why not try it? Then you can choose between passive skill for slow (kite in open PvP with lower damage) or passive skills for GvG/HG (better damage or attack speed with worse kite).
      (Speed shot isn't problem because you need first 70 mastery for this skill)

The second problem is that most of bows bow have a lot of self-buffs and they can be easily purged and then you don't have damage -> you are useless in GvG/HG.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Hank ()

• On "basic" bow is the problem that you need shoot like 7 arrows and then you have some damage (armor debuff on target). But this means like 6+ seconds (7 seconds without attack speed passives) in PvP and this is too much!
      I think this bow needs buff - damage after 5 arrows (instead of 7) and "basic" bow will be viable in GvG or Hellgates.
    • Neu

Bows are by far the worst dps weapons... (if not the worst weapon)

They were once semi dps semi utility... not anymore...

Some people needed explanation as to why bows lack in many aspects... well here are few examples...

Its said that magic arrow (warbow) stun was way too op (!?) ok ... despite the fact that it was moving at turtle speed and the only thing you should do a sidestep... lets say you are right... so they changed it to mediocre damage and it is STILL going at turtle speed... why?

Frostshot was damage+self knockback to gain gap between your opponent and yourself... now its just a few paces jumpback which can easily be negated by ANY build out there (knight boots anyone?) no damage... and above all it is so bugged that its not worth using... Because you fist take 2 steps forward before jumping back or in most cases you just take 2 steps forward and not jump back at all... Known bug for eternity but never been adressed... Windwall of the knişght armor had the same issue, it is fixed afaik... but not bows...

Auto attack is the worst out there... Have you seen dagger autoattack? Or any other autoattack except your fists? Even some 2h weapons have the same autoattack speed with much better damage...

Poison arrow... while it is the only viable option, the damage is sub par even with 3 stacks...

As a bow user you have no cc... (Dont start with the slow effect thats just... dont) other weapons that has no cc abilities have astonishing damage to compensate that...

The two advantages of the bow are...

- You are ranged!!! (well so are all the staves and xbows and they perform miles ahead)
      - Bows are energy friendly... well yes they are... i can stand there and ditch out damage indefinitely that can be healed by a bunny who has a t3 wild staff that has only 1 dot heals (exageration but pretty close sadly)

These were just few examples...

To be quasi-viable with a bow in all scenarios you have to go at LEAST up to 40 in mastery... yes there are areas that bows do OK... not too well but ok... but i can name several other weapons in those areas that performs much better with lots less effort...

In all honesty not dealing with the bug for potentially the only viable skill that we have for so long (frostshot) tells me i ve wasted my time to get up to 70 mastery with bows... The lack of response tells me there wont be much of a change in the release as well...

regards,
    • Neu

I fail to understand the wailing and whispering bow references...

So you guys claim that i have to invest in artifact subcomponents and have an artifact weapon to be able to par (!?) with regular weapons...

That means while you bank regular t6.4 weapons in dozens in your bank i must be doing it plus converting that to an artifact to be competitive?

This is comparing apples with oranges...

And if you start comparing even wailing and whispering bow over other artifact weapons you still fall behind by a significant margin due to the same auto attack and low q and w ability/viability...

is it just me or is this a false logic?

regards
    • Neu

Hi there, i'll join the conversation and add my point of view about bows.

To start with, this beta is my first so i do not know the last version of bows, heard about the stun on the arrow from warbow but thats all.

I'm actually 76 with bows, around mastery 60 longbow and 40 warbow, i do run the typical open pvp build known as mage head, assassin jacket and boots + warbow.

So to get in the fighting part now,

Bows are not good for anything but open world pvp, and actually only warbow is :

-Longbow is just not an option , some use it in 20v20 or more fights but srsly, if you want to win your fight just pick a frost instead of a longbow for that.

-Regular bow is not good, due to the amount of attacks restriction, it would be better to just put a time limit on it, probably makes it more efficient.

-Whispering bow is actually ok, yet if you just go invisible / ice block when one starts to use his AA buffs, he's done for another 15 seconds, plus the fact bows depending more on attack speed build wont profit their build at the maximum, because due to the auto attack animation being kinda buggy, you wont be able to hit and run at the maximum speed, and if you want to burst out your ennemy you'll just be a non moving turret. All that can be taken for regular bows btw.

-Wailing bow, well there's not much to say, its warbow with aoe on the E, but longer CD, can be used for big fights on the CC rotation from your team, i dont think its a good choice for 5v5 or less

-Finally the warbow , its the best imo ( prob because i only do open pvp on my own or with a few friends), allows to harass ennemies and turn back in a fight after a few good E, fun to run in a fight outnumbered and still do something by just using E behind you to melt their HP... Etc etc etc

So now that i've listed my ideas about bows, can you tell me why would you pick a bow when you can have better dps for any of these situations ? Its fun to play, but it has nothing for itself otherwise.

I do not know why bows were nerfed, probably because people couldnt dodge a skillshot ( Which is pretty easy to, if you dont take it from a melee distance ) , but seriously , change some things on bows i've listed up there, make at least one interesting as an AOE DPS for pvp, and buff just a little some damages on it, like auto attacks and poison DoT., i feels like it wouldnt break the game.

Thanks for reading all this
    • Neu

OK everyone come again to the Planet Earth!
      to judge a weapon u have also to play against it So put some rules when u about to speak.
      1) i have play with a lot of builds and against a lot of good players as Bow master?
      2)i have play against bow as melee weapon?
      3)i have play against bow as mage or other range weapon?
      If you have all this you can see what really going on!
      bow line is good
      longbow is the worst weapon in the game
      it needs some change on the skill tree
      like the attack speed buff need to go to 50 masteries
      poison arrow to 20 masteries
      And *PUFF* bow can be played with cloth and leather armor equally!!!!
      thats is were the bow line it really lacks ,when every other weapon get crazy passives at 50 that are for mostly 5vs5 bow get the silly passive.
      one passive can change the use of the weapon! when from the 5 bows weapons got 2 weapons that need Att. speed. to be strong.