Feel free to count its beta1 map You can find picture also here
Old beta1 map looks about like this when you shatter it in pieces:
- Black zones (T8) = 17 = 7,9%
- Red zones (T6&T7) = 68 = 31,8%
- Yellow zones (T5) = 51 = 23,8%
- Green zones (T4-) = 78 = 36,4%
- TOTAL = 214 (Quite small zones)
- Black zones (T5-T8) = 109 = 58,6%
- Red zones (T6&T7) = 18 = 9,7%
- Yellow zones (T5) = 24 = 12,9%
- Green zones (T4-) = 35 = 18,8%
- TOTAL = 186 (Quite large zones)
- Black zones are not the same anymore, because those starts from T5+ and are not just T8 anymore. There is huge raise with black zones from past.
- There is no such as old red zones anymore and those are basically inside new black zones. Red zones numbers are decreased dramatically and cater totally new purpose in new world.
- There is also less yellow zones than earlier.
- There is only half of green zones there used to be.
So if you ask me, that old beta1 map was catering more casuals and carebears than current map. Current one is went more direction of hardcore but only separated one continent to two and that way cater better different mindset players. You ofc cant measure all aspects with map, but it at least tell us something.