Bring Back Beta 1 !! #MakeAlbionGreatAgain

• Dragis wrote:

Thomas9 wrote:

Do you Dragis (or anyone else) know how much of the beta1 landmass was different kind of zones (in percentages)?
    Feel free to count its beta1 map :) You can find picture also here
    albiononline.com/en/news/beginner-guide

Thanks man. :thumbup: I just made fast counting and i was not even sure were all these actually zones, but that is not going to be my next point. So these are about numbers.

Old beta1 map looks about like this when you shatter it in pieces:

• Black zones (T8) = 17 = 7,9%
    • Red zones (T6&T7) = 68 = 31,8%
    • Yellow zones (T5) = 51 = 23,8%
    • Green zones (T4-) = 78 = 36,4%
    • TOTAL = 214 (Quite small zones)
    Current map in other hand looks almost like this under here. Or actually it accurate of Royal continent part, but Outlands are even bigger and that map link in Galahad update page is old. But i have calculated it with the old now, although there is actually even more blackzones in the world or so i have told.
    • Black zones (T5-T8) = 109 = 58,6%
    • Red zones (T6&T7) = 18 = 9,7%
    • Yellow zones (T5) = 24 = 12,9%
    • Green zones (T4-) = 35 = 18,8%
    • TOTAL = 186 (Quite large zones)
    As we can see the world has changed a lot and that is what i have ment with the whole new concept part.
    • Black zones are not the same anymore, because those starts from T5+ and are not just T8 anymore. There is huge raise with black zones from past.
    • There is no such as old red zones anymore and those are basically inside new black zones. Red zones numbers are decreased dramatically and cater totally new purpose in new world.
    • There is also less yellow zones than earlier.
    • There is only half of green zones there used to be.
    So conclusions. If people things this game is just went to casual direction, it seems that what comes in full loot PvP, it has not. Theres about 60% of landmass to just for free full loot and about 70% full loot if you count red zones in. In beta1 there was only about 40% full loot if you add black and red together. Also number of safe zones are decreased dramatically so there is less space for casual or carebears.

So if you ask me, that old beta1 map was catering more casuals and carebears than current map. Current one is went more direction of hardcore but only separated one continent to two and that way cater better different mindset players. You ofc cant measure all aspects with map, but it at least tell us something.
  • Thomas9 wrote:

Dragis wrote:

Thomas9 wrote:

Do you Dragis (or anyone else) know how much of the beta1 landmass was different kind of zones (in percentages)?
    Feel free to count its beta1 map :) You can find picture also herealbiononline.com/en/news/beginner-guide

Thanks man. :thumbup: I just made fast counting and i was not even sure were all these actually zones, but that is not going to be my next point. So these are about numbers.
    Old beta1 map looks about like this when you shatter it in pieces:

• Black zones (T8) = 17 = 7,9%
    • Red zones (T6&T7) = 68 = 31,8%
    • Yellow zones (T5) = 51 = 23,8%
    • Green zones (T4-) = 78 = 36,4%
    • TOTAL = 214 (Quite small zones)
    Current map in other hand looks almost like this under here. Or actually it accurate of Royal continent part, but Outlands are even bigger and that map link in Galahad update page is old. But i have calculated it with the old now, although there is actually even more blackzones in the world or so i have told.
    • Black zones (T5-T8) = 109 = 58,6%
    • Red zones (T6&T7) = 18 = 9,7%
    • Yellow zones (T5) = 24 = 12,9%
    • Green zones (T4-) = 35 = 18,8%
    • TOTAL = 186 (Quite large zones)
    As we can see the world has changed a lot and that is what i have ment with the whole new concept part.
    • Black zones are not the same anymore, because those starts from T5+ and are not just T8 anymore. There is huge raise with black zones from past.
    • There is no such as old red zones anymore and those are basically inside new black zones. Red zones numbers are decreased dramatically and cater totally new purpose in new world.
    • There is also less yellow zones than earlier.
    • There is only half of green zones there used to be.
    So conclusions. If people things this game is just went to casual direction, it seems that what comes in full loot PvP, it has not. Theres about 60% of landmass to just for free full loot and about 70% full loot if you count red zones in. In beta1 there was only about 40% full loot if you add black and red together. Also number of safe zones are decreased dramatically so there is less space for casual or carebears.

So if you ask me, that old beta1 map was catering more casuals and carebears than current map. Current one is went more direction of hardcore but only separated one continent to two and that way cater better different mindset players. You ofc cant measure all aspects with map, but it at least tell us something.
    Thing is mate, that outlands is unrestricted and have unattractive market flow, unattractive dungeons to far placed etc, forces you to do logistic stuff to be sustainable and biggest issue i see is that there a no progression just go in and enjoy casual vs hardcore vs carebear vs newcomer vs noob vs hardcore vs vs vsvsvsvsv. (we already talked how royal affect group fights wont bother with this one)

I was typing everywhere most of time that AO needs progression as we had it and worked perfectly in beta1:
    1. Unlimited safe (no lootloss) pvp fights in dungeons/raid <---- This learn you a lot, how to fight in many different situation with many different type of players and builds.
    2. After you and your buddies or guild or whatever feel that they learn new things they can progress further with an "expierence skill" to loose - that was red zone which has red dots to avoid unnecessary unbalanced fights
    3. Should i bring yellow GVG training field? nah..Should i bring that yellow gvg territorys could impact even big guilds (essence's) and just because of soft cap balanced fight small guild could dictate it own rules.

This called preparation/integration/progressivnes of the game for newcomes/casual/pve lovers etc etc.

Well looking for all those "Current game" landmasses different rules/systems it simple wont do much to impact those who knows all the things and have huge power to sustain in best places of albion.
    Im not crying, im not trying to suggest to my own personal needs or whatever. Its simple obvious and many who sees this they know how some things there very cool and how now are terrible.
  • Beermoney wrote:

Tycho wrote:

Roor wrote:

Tycho wrote:

Please explain how the rep system (recently revised) is bad?
    Red Zone*-9,500 reputationBoar: +4.11
    Bear: +5.46

-13,000 reputation
    Boar: +5.85
    Bear: +8.19

It took less than 2 hours of gameplay to get to -9,500 reputation, and I now need to kill more than 2,000 NPC monsters to become positive again.
    If I kill 3 NPC's per minute, that's 11 straight hours of grinding.

Thats 19 days of RL time for that fame to decay. Players wont be banished to the black zone and grind out 11 hours of fame. They will just log off.

What are the chances of someone logging back into the game after 19 days?

Does that answer your question? Because anyone that sees those numbers should immediately understand why this game has a lack of pvp currently. Only 120k PvP kills? Thats pathetic. This is the reason why. This game literally makes you log off and quit if you want to PvP. Im pretty sure If I was in game development school and I said,

"hey lets make a mechanic that makes players NOT play the game"

I would get a very low grade, kicked out, or laughed at. No one with any sane business sense would ever stand behind something like that.

Albion Online, A Sandbox, Full Loot PvP MMO....yea right.
    So your post is based on if you did pvp 100% of the time, right? So, you want to pvp but not get negative rep for it? I guess I don't understand. If you're that pvp hungry why not spam hellgates? I get that doing hellgates constantly would probably get boring, but at least mix in some hellgates with open world pvp. Your argument is basically "why cant I just kill non stop and have zero negative repercussions for it?" Am I understanding? I'm still new to the game so I'm not trying to be an a-hole, just trying to understand your view point.I will say this, though. I don't think a player should be banished from royal continent if he wants to pvp 100% of the time. There should be "safe havens" for pvpers on the royals. Towns or cities that don't care what rep you have.
    They don't want to pvp.. They want to Gank farmers and not get any repercussions.
    You cant realy gank farmers anymore, u need like 3 people to kill an armored horse 1 being DB staff. if there more than 3 hostiles in zones harvester just leave. Can kill somone solo while they have a mount out due to mounting to fast if there paying attention.

I can only solo open world PvP these days is by harvesting nodes without a horse out and wait for somone to flag and attack me lol
  • Thomas9 wrote:

A couple key differences that you forget: red zones used to have a significant amount of PvP, far more than they do now. The current iteration of the red zones has a counter and a rep system, this discourages fighting. Look at beta1, almost 32% of the map was red, these places were absolutely packed with people and always had PvP, gathering, faming, etc. There's no analogue to hose zones in the current beta, NONE.

The second key difference: people used to have to go red and black zones just to fame their weapons past, I can't remember if it was t4 or t5. Now you can do that all in yellow zones or in the newly protected red zones. What this means is though the map has more black zones now, less percentage of the population has to go to them. They can stick to yellow and (much MUCH safer) red zones. So now there's no analogue to the previous black zones OR red zones. There's nothing like them.

So the percentages don't tell the whole story, the game mechanics changed those zones from beta1 don't exist any longer.
  • Kuhal wrote:

Thomas9 wrote:

You ofc cant measure all aspects with map, but it at least tell us something.
    A couple key differences that you forget: red zones used to have a significant amount of PvP, far more than they do now. The current iteration of the red zones has a counter and a rep system, this discourages fighting. Look at beta1, almost 32% of the map was red, these places were absolutely packed with people and always had PvP, gathering, faming, etc. There's no analogue to hose zones in the current beta, NONE.
    The second key difference: people used to have to go red and black zones just to fame their weapons past, I can't remember if it was t4 or t5. Now you can do that all in yellow zones or in the newly protected red zones. What this means is though the map has more black zones now, less percentage of the population has to go to them. They can stick to yellow and (much MUCH safer) red zones. So now there's no analogue to the previous black zones OR red zones. There's nothing like them.

So the percentages don't tell the whole story, the game mechanics changed those zones from beta1 don't exist any longer.
    Like that sentence i wrote there tells, i am not saying that landmass percentages are telling the whole truth. Those definetly arent. It was just to show how the whole concept with zoning has changed and even mechanics like you pointed out.

Now we just need to pack up the people more to Outlands instead of old reds. Like Korn already told in reputation thread, they are working on this atm. Lets hope devs manage to find solutions to fix current Outlands.

But anyway, good points. :thumbup:
  • All in all i would say the new maps are 10,000 times prettier and polished than beta 1. The world itself has a good feel to it. the size and overall layout is the perfect size and the distances between cities is great. The cities are AMAZING this beta. Well laid out and having the different layouts make them interesting to explore.

what its missing the content that beta 1 had.

Beta 1 zones were great on a micro level. T8 zones were SO HARD to get into without a very well organized group or just a mob of folks. Red zones were super risky but you had to get them t6 mats so out we went. Dire wolf and bear caves were awesome. The dungeons were diverse and fun as hell. Green zone dungeons encouraged in dungeon grouping by starting out with a soloable area then progressing to a veteran area within where you needed extras on the spot.

T6 and 7 dungeons were amazing and risky but if you made it that portal at the end was pretty nice as a reward ( I'd rather see sublevels not portals mind you....leave those in the past).

In short ot was the content, layout of zones (not really the whole map layout), and the implementation of these parts that made beta 1 the most fun game I have ever played.

P.S.
    The abandoned farms.........oh man in beta 1 they were awesome. I'd go to old farms for t6 finer at 3am and often end up battling with other gatherers so i could take it all. Then Id be too full anyways or get chased off by locals. Or killed sometimes.