NO SHOW GVGS

• same thing every beta.
    (had like 3-4 of those threads last beta alone...those were the ones I actually saw - so, probably more then that out there)

ez solution:
    make guilds deposit tons of silver to start a GvG, and if they no-show (=get stomped 0:140+...which basically is a no-show/no-fight=boring) they don't get that deposit back.
    Make that deposit like 500k silver/each (or more).
    If any party does not show, the winning guild gets the other teams' deposit (minus a silver-sink, maybe)

preeeetty certain a dev shared they wanted to add something similar - but obv. it still did not happen.
  • Korn wrote:

StayFrostzy wrote:

if you 150-0 a team you deserve to not be locked. Incentive to play well/discourage tent sitting, as well as fixes no shows.
    I'm happy to confirm that this is already part of your backlog. If you perfectly win a defensive fight, that fight will be disregarded for territory locking.
    Did you hear guys? If you are the best GvG team on the continent you now have free reign to stomp everyone the whole day.

"Albion Online, Sandbox MMO, well for 5 players"
  • Klien wrote:

Korn wrote:

StayFrostzy wrote:

if you 150-0 a team you deserve to not be locked. Incentive to play well/discourage tent sitting, as well as fixes no shows.
    I'm happy to confirm that this is already part of your backlog. If you perfectly win a defensive fight, that fight will be disregarded for territory locking.
    Did you hear guys? If you are the best GvG team on the continent you now have free reign to stomp everyone the whole day.
    "Albion Online, Sandbox MMO, well for 5 players"
    Do you even read?

It says Defense. So unless you can defend yourself to a continent it aint happening bro.
  • Wadefu wrote:

Klien wrote:

Korn wrote:

StayFrostzy wrote:

Did you hear guys? If you are the best GvG team on the continent you now have free reign to stomp everyone the whole day."Albion Online, Sandbox MMO, well for 5 players"
    Do you even read?
    It says Defense. So unless you can defend yourself to a continent it aint happening bro.
    So lets throw a scenario out there. Lets say 5 guilds decided to attack 1 guild because they owned so many territories one day.

One team should have the capability of attending every fight?

Nothing else in the thread was even addressed. Just a solid one-liner.
  • JonahVeil wrote:

#2- Territories still have NO PURPOSE. Legit, what is it a, a gathering bonus? Ass. No one cares. Give us some incentive. Never mind the fact that red zone/yellow zone guards just flat out don't defend unless people run in flagged or outlaw on you. Which btw, is extremely rare.Territory control is SUPPOSED to be end game, a huge part of the game. If holdings have no real value, you have no end game. Never mind the fact that Cities are giant safezones, they don't even generate any content for the game (IE PVP). It would be such an easy fix to open Cities, allow them to be raidable yet have Zap Towers, but no, let's keep it a safezone that is almost untakeable. Onto next point.

Haha, Jonah asking for Zap towers. Old DF community would have your head.
  • Audin wrote:

JonahVeil wrote:

#2- Territories still have NO PURPOSE. Legit, what is it a, a gathering bonus? Ass. No one cares. Give us some incentive. Never mind the fact that red zone/yellow zone guards just flat out don't defend unless people run in flagged or outlaw on you. Which btw, is extremely rare.Territory control is SUPPOSED to be end game, a huge part of the game. If holdings have no real value, you have no end game. Never mind the fact that Cities are giant safezones, they don't even generate any content for the game (IE PVP). It would be such an easy fix to open Cities, allow them to be raidable yet have Zap Towers, but no, let's keep it a safezone that is almost untakeable. Onto next point.
    Haha, Jonah asking for Zap towers. Old DF community would have your head.
    I rather have zap towers and raidable cities, then safezones that provide next to zero organic content other than storage and buildings for more gear.
    BoM, In our hearts and minds.
    Twitch
    Youtube
  • Korn wrote:

StayFrostzy wrote:

As in, it's in the game already? Because it's not.
    BoM, In our hearts and minds.
    Twitch
    Youtube
  • 1041 guilds above 1 million fame.
    2 guilds own 50% of the entire map almost.
    The game needs more territories and siege camps.
    If you had more territories, more guilds could join the GVG wars.
    You would see less fake teams and attacks.
    More teams fighting and actually playing and enjoying the game.

Big guilds hoard the camps, pacify them, attack with fake teams, attack with their own teams to practice, have their alliance camp them, kill all players thinking they want to gvg.
    I have been playing since early alpha. I have GM'd for yellow, red and black zone guilds. This has always been an issue since day 1 of the entire system.
    If it was once a week like Shadowbane, and alliance wide or 20v20 the game would be much better. More people could experience what most only alpha players and others who already played before in big guilds get to.

I mean if EXODIA is now in Caerleon along with many others from black zone, because still not even enough territories for the alpha early beta players. The really the games in a bad place.
    I disbanded my 100 man black zone guild because of way too many guilds zerged up together in such a small world for 200k subscribers. We got gvg'd from 3 different alliances from different time zones which is one of the biggest issue as well. Setting time zones was a terrible idea because now you are zerging all players into their own zones in their own game. It's so mind blowing you guys don't think of this stuff.

LOL @ Korn locking the zone out for 150-0.
    holy shit this keeps getting better and better.
    Coming from a standpoint as a 3x multigladiator in WoW arena, and also 2200+ moba player since dota 1, I can now safely say that Albion has the worst arena, siege, and guild vs guild system in all video game history.

That discord meeting for all those red/black zone and yellow zone guild leaders sounds like a REALLY GOOD IDEA right now. I might sound like a dick, but I am bringing up the most important topics that effect this game directly across all levels of play.