extremely quick rising Gold price is a reason to stop trading. Our economy is dying.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Taurean schrieb:

Seeing as SI took the Eve PLEX system as inspiration, and PLEX speculation is an accepted part of Eve, I'm pretty sure that gold trading is exactly what SI thought it would be.
      Other people making 'money' from gold trading does not prevent anyone else from playing the game in the ordinary way. And as gold trading is equally available to all, I cannot see that anyone has any grounds for complaint.
      Accepted by those who still play and those that are totally unaware about what is going on. The PLEX price rose 20% recently before CCP had to make the public announcement about upcoming changes to the PLEX they were planning, and yet it started rising before this change, when connected players got the information before everyone else.

What is the point in playing an economical simulation that can be rigged outside of the game? Whatever you do in game has less impact that knowing the right people...

Making money by speculating on in-game action is fine, and in fact is part of the meta of the game. For example, you can speculate if you know beforehand your guild is going to lock down all the zones producing a certain type of T6 or T7 materials is an in-game action with in-game results for the economy, then speculation is fine as it is linked to things happening in-game, and actions taken there.
    • grisix schrieb:

Making money by speculating on in-game action is fine, and in fact is part of the meta of the game. For example, you can speculate if you know beforehand your guild is going to lock down all the zones producing a certain type of T6 or T7 materials is an in-game action with in-game results for the economy, then speculation is fine as it is linked to things happening in-game, and actions taken there.
      until someone in your guild leaks the info to the other (rival) guilds, or to the entire server...

This is just a "complexity" of being a human being and living among other human beings, video-game, rial-life, or what not...

There is inside trading going on in RL all the time, and people who are "connected" get the best deals...

arguing to have any other way (i.e "a perfect, utopian world") just shows how ignorant and naive you are...

just accept it and make the best of it really...

EVE has been one of the best hardcore MMOs for the past 12 years, Albion will be as well, gold/PLEX trading or not...speculation or not...

just grow up, make the best of it and move on...

...or give me your stuff, and don't play...go cry in a corner somewhere...

...blackmailing with a "I will make a blog about people to avoid Albion" will not change things and will most likely get you banned (because they can) - I actually hope they already banned @Gevlon just because...they are corrupt and they can do it right?
      DarthMagus - t6 stone t5 curse
    • An easy way to mitigate gold speculation would be reducing the total amount of gold a player can buy ingame.
      Most expensive item that can be bougth with gold is yearly premium for 19k gold.

Set a limit to let's say 20k gold (19k + some change).

Player can have more than 20k gold (for example if he buys it with real $$$)
      But player cannot make a purchase on gold market that would exceed this limit.

One problem this would make is players with multiple accounts being able to accumulate more gold :(
      “The eagles are coming!”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
    • Targun schrieb:

Wadefu schrieb:

and the fact you can store gold in guild.
      Gold is not a real ingame currency - there is no need to have gold account in guild so we could get rid of them if the limit were to be introduced.
      Absolutely not! We need to be able to store gold in a guilds so that we have a safe way to store premium time that doesn't lose value due to inflation. I can't sit in a position as a guild master and tell people that "whoever wins this guild contest in 4 weeks, gets a month of premium", and then be unable to afford it because I only stored the prize money as silver.
      Discord: https://discord.gg/wH3tuhd
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

who needs 500 million silver if the most expensive item in the game that is attainable is a dire wolf mount or brimstone staff?
      You. Need. To. Use. Your. Imagination.

Risei schrieb:

isn't the gold price influenced only by demand, and not by silver amount in the world?
      If there is a ton of silver in the game then people will want more silver for their gold. If there isn't a lot of silver in the game... people won't expect as much for their gold. Demand for gold is also a factor. So you have to look at the supply of silver and the demand for gold to determine what would be a reasonable price for the gold.

In any event... I think @Gevlon is actually making some fairly strong points in this thread. There is little to no reason why gold speculation shouldn't be curtailed a bit to avoid any sort of insider shenanigans and to avoid gold speculation becoming the ultimate method by which to get rich in the game. Gold bought directly from SI should be allowed to get sold on the market. But gold bought on the market should not then be able to be sold on the market again.
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Absolutely not! We need to be able to store gold in a guilds so that we have a safe way to store premium time that doesn't lose value due to inflation. I can't sit in a position as a guild master and tell people that "whoever wins this guild contest in 4 weeks, gets a month of premium", and then be unable to afford it because I only stored the prize money as silver.
      Why do you need to advertise the prize as "whoever wins this guild contest in 4 weeks, gets a month of premium"? Why does 'premium' have to be the prize at. Just advertise it as "x million silver" as the prize. It really isnt a show stopper if guilds couldnt store gold. If thats your best argument for keeping guild gold, its a really weak one.
    • Midgard schrieb:

Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Why do you need to advertise the prize as "whoever wins this guild contest in 4 weeks, gets a month of premium"? Why does 'premium' have to be the prize at. Just advertise it as "x million silver" as the prize. It really isnt a show stopper if guilds couldnt store gold. If thats your best argument for keeping guild gold, its a really weak one.
      Why is it a weak one? Just because I can have alternative rewards doesn't mean they are better. As long as there are things you can spend gold on, being able to store guild is crucial.
      If you really insist on regulating the gold market then there are several other methods that are much better: you could tax the transactions, or you could rate-limit the transactions over time. Breaking the most basic part of the system will inevitably lead to people asking for better QoL features, one of which is bringing the storage of gold back.
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Midgard schrieb:

Why is it a weak one? Just because I can have alternative rewards doesn't mean they are better. As long as there are things you can spend gold on, being able to store guild is crucial.If you really insist on regulating the gold market then there are several other methods that are much better: you could tax the transactions, or you could rate-limit the transactions over time. Breaking the most basic part of the system will inevitably lead to people asking for better QoL features, one of which is bringing the storage of gold back.
      it's weak because it's solely based on what you want to give as a prize. Hardly a solid reason for a system to be based around. I respect what you say probably around 95% of the time on these forums but even you must see it wasn't your greatest argument.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating removing guild gold, was merely playing devils advocate to your post. I'd much rather see gold purchased with silver locked and useable only for premium.

(Sorry for the multi quote .. on mobile and couldn't edit properly!)
    • Midgard schrieb:

Midgard schrieb:

Why is it a weak one? Just because I can have alternative rewards doesn't mean they are better. As long as there are things you can spend gold on, being able to store guild is crucial.If you really insist on regulating the gold market then there are several other methods that are much better: you could tax the transactions, or you could rate-limit the transactions over time. Breaking the most basic part of the system will inevitably lead to people asking for better QoL features, one of which is bringing the storage of gold back.
      it's weak because it's solely based on what you want to give as a prize. Hardly a solid reason for a system to be based around. I respect what you say probably around 95% of the time on these forums but even you must see it wasn't your greatest argument.
      Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating removing guild gold, was merely playing devils advocate to your post. I'd much rather see gold purchased with silver locked and useable only for premium.

(Sorry for the multi quote .. on mobile and couldn't edit properly!)
      I think you're missing the context. If there are people that want to be able to offer a months premium as a prize reward in a contest (and we have stream giveaways, and guilds that do this every now and then), and we are talking about the options to mitigate or remove an inbalance from gold speculation, then in that context arguing for not removing the ability for a guild to store guild isn't weak. It might not be strong enough to "base an entire system around", but prize reward is just an example.

What about inflation proofing?
      What about storing it for future vanity items?
      What about ego-boosting things like "I have gold"?

These are all fairly weak use-cases, but we're discussing it in the context of an inbalance for the early 1-4 months of the game before gold mostly stabilizes, in the context of a game where skill matters more than your silver, and in the context of a multitude of other balance issues.

All this said. You're correct, that is one of my weaker arguments.
      Furthermore, your suggestion (gold bought on market cannot be re-sold to market but can only be used for utlity) is a fix I would fine with.
    • Right now we have a false perception of the economy as people are not fully playing the game. After release things might change dramatically.

That being said, many players recently left WoW because the price of the WoW Token skyrocketed to the point where casuals cannot afford to buy it anymore. My guess is that we are going to see something very similar in Albion if devs won't implement a roof on the price. Casuals are very important both to WoW and to Albion. The main difference is that whille Blizzard can count on millions of afficionados, Albion has about 200k players at the moment. It is a significant difference which might put this game six feet under a few months after launch.
    • Archangelus schrieb:

Right now we have a false perception of the economy as people are not fully playing the game. After release things might change dramatically.

That being said, many players recently left WoW because the price of the WoW Token skyrocketed to the point where casuals cannot afford to buy it anymore. My guess is that we are going to see something very similar in Albion if devs won't implement a roof on the price. Casuals are very important both to WoW and to Albion. The main difference is that whille Blizzard can count on millions of afficionados, Albion has about 200k players at the moment. It is a significant difference which might put this game six feet under a few months after launch.
      You have any data or proof of this?