extremely quick rising Gold price is a reason to stop trading. Our economy is dying.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Yeah, gold is going to be worth WAY more a week after launch than in any beta, you have people with fake guilds that are scamming members for tax money to buy gold and sit on it to raise gold value. You're gonna see a lot of shady things at launch that people have been prepping YEARS for. You're not limited to 1 character so if you're doing it on alt accounts your name is meaningless as a guild leader for those who are scamming in that kind of way. That and don't forget the whales who can raise gold price by themselves for a short time if they choose to.

TLDR; We will be seeing many differences in economy due to player base as well as the methods which people have been prepping for within the past couple years. + Whales with 1mil+ silver on day 1 start.
    • Since the OP's post gold has stabilized around 270. I expect it to shoot up again once the 2nd round of premiums are expiring and I also expect gold to raise even higher and probably faster at launch, but gold will top off and stabilize. My guess is probably around 500-700 range. there's really no issue here. Eve did it with plex and it worked fine. I started playing Eve in 2012 and quit in 2014 so I was pretty late in the game where the economy was well established. However, I learned how to make 7 billion isk in PROFITS within 1 week easily to pay for plex on two characters and plex always traded at a certain range.

There's no problem here... It's a free market, some speculators win and some lose. It'll be the same here.
    • ThatWhichHasNoLife schrieb:

inihility schrieb:

Hope the devs can weigh in on this on how they plan to distribute wealth in this game so that there could be some sort of balance instead of something like ~90% of in-game wealth is owned by ~1% of players.
      It's like I always say... people play games for escapism, if they wanted to play "Oligarchy: The Game" they'd just stick with RL.
      Exactly. We have little insight as to whether the developers have a solid plan (and if there is one, what it is, how it will work to achieve its' goals) to ensure players don't easily reach end-game (and in some cases stay there) regardless of it being economics, PvE, crafting, gathering, or PvP. To be fair with PvE, crafting, and gathering the fame progression essentially drives how fast/easily reach the end.

Already mentioned by others but the hazard with the aforementioned is that the average player will suffer seeing as the game is sand box / has a player-driven economy.
    • Rory schrieb:

Yeah, gold is going to be worth WAY more a week after launch than in any beta, you have people with fake guilds that are scamming members for tax money to buy gold and sit on it to raise gold value. You're gonna see a lot of shady things at launch that people have been prepping YEARS for. You're not limited to 1 character so if you're doing it on alt accounts your name is meaningless as a guild leader for those who are scamming in that kind of way. That and don't forget the whales who can raise gold price by themselves for a short time if they choose to.

TLDR; We will be seeing many differences in economy due to player base as well as the methods which people have been prepping for within the past couple years. + Whales with 1mil+ silver on day 1 start.
      I love it how clueless you are. Most people here are throwing numbers around even tho they have 0 understanding on anything related to albion betas or release.

1 mil silver? Really? Any idea how much a guild territory for example now cost in Mercia? Still there were several guilds that took territories on 1st day?
      Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
    • Nervontuxis schrieb:

Rory schrieb:

Yeah, gold is going to be worth WAY more a week after launch than in any beta, you have people with fake guilds that are scamming members for tax money to buy gold and sit on it to raise gold value. You're gonna see a lot of shady things at launch that people have been prepping YEARS for. You're not limited to 1 character so if you're doing it on alt accounts your name is meaningless as a guild leader for those who are scamming in that kind of way. That and don't forget the whales who can raise gold price by themselves for a short time if they choose to.

I love it how clueless you are. Most people here are throwing numbers around even tho they have 0 understanding on anything related to albion betas or release.
      1 mil silver? Really? Any idea how much a guild territory for example now cost in Mercia? Still there were several guilds that took territories on 1st day?
      No, 1million gold. "Whales with 1mil +(plus)** silver. I was speaking about the econ differences and things that could possibly happen. I'm thinking you possibly misread it. Reread the entire statement.
    • Rory schrieb:

Nervontuxis schrieb:

Rory schrieb:

I love it how clueless you are. Most people here are throwing numbers around even tho they have 0 understanding on anything related to albion betas or release.1 mil silver? Really? Any idea how much a guild territory for example now cost in Mercia? Still there were several guilds that took territories on 1st day?
      No, 1million gold. "Whales with 1mil +(plus)** silver. I was speaking about the econ differences and things that could possibly happen. I'm thinking you possibly misread it. Reread the entire statement.
      1mil+ silver = more than 1 mil silver.

Anyways, even if its gold its still off. We have people in the server who start with over 500k gold. And btw, since everyone is here crying how people just buy gold with silver, well good luck with that. Theres always someone who loses gold trying to play the market, none of them are here giving their statistics on how they fucked up.

The only thing SBI needs to take a look at is that the gold price on $ is resonable as a "subscription" to the game. Other than that, who cares.
      Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
    • BRiCK schrieb:

inihility schrieb:

Hope the devs can weigh in on this on how they plan to distribute wealth in this game so that there could be some sort of balance instead of something like ~90% of in-game wealth is owned by ~1% of players.
      Am I the only one who finds it funny that we're bringing liberal ideology to a video game?
      "Take from the rich and give to the poor"? lol....
      Exactly how I feel...
    • BRiCK schrieb:

inihility schrieb:

Am I the only one who finds it funny that we're bringing liberal ideology to a video game?
      "Take from the rich and give to the poor"? lol....
      Not funny at all. Quite depressing, I would say...
    • Archangelus schrieb:

Not funny at all. Quite depressing, I would say...
      Its quite funny if you think about it.

Wealth distribution is not % measured. Its normally the commuted and intelligent factor that kicks in here.

If you life in a balanced community, its normally decided 30% 30 % and 30%

30% Rich
      30% middle class
      30% poor or useless in this case.

If there is an imbalance say 1% supper rich and an abnormal poor say above 50%, then its due to a political overpower and misuse of riches. A game does not really have that political factor, so it would balance out itself.

the only thing that could affect this to become incredibility imbalance is a bottleneck in the gold price that hasn't really happen till now.
    • kronsky_ schrieb:

Actually im really concerned with the point that @Gevlon bringed to us. Gold speculation can be one big problem in this game.
      You never heard of Eve Online and you dont understand that we're in Beta in Albion...

I actually think that Gold will raise to about 1000silver/1 Gold and then sort of stay there (kind of like PLEX in EVE costs 1bil ISK)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • kronsky_ schrieb:

Actually im really concerned with the point that @Gevlon bringed to us. Gold speculation can be one big problem in this game.

You never heard of Eve Online and you dont understand that we're in Beta in Albion...

I actually think that Gold will raise to about 1000silver/1 Gold and then sort of stay there (kind of like PLEX in EVE costs 1bil ISK)

Rory schrieb:

which is not good or bad... its just the reality (and this is what makes this a Sandbox that all the retards are crying that its "not sandboxy enough" - yeat at the same time crying here trying to take the "sand" out of the "box" LMAO...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • inihility schrieb:

but you want this to be a Sandbox or you want this to be a hand-holding WOW-style theme park MMO where "everyone is equal"?

FFS people make up your minds...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

kronsky_ schrieb:

I don't think that the value of the gold is the problem here.

The problem is making money with off-game knowledge like Gevlon had explained, furthermore this kind of "trade" will hurt players trying to gather gold for premium status because the speculation will artificially raise even more the price of the gold at critical moments (30 days after release as an example).
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

inihility schrieb:

but you want this to be a Sandbox or you want this to be a hand-holding WOW-style theme park MMO where "everyone is equal"?
      FFS people make up your minds...
      It's one thing that a game is sandbox and another for its' design that could lead to economic flaws.
    • Imho I think that the best given solution was that bought gold via the ingame goldxchange cannot be sold via the ingame goldxchange. This would solve the issues that were pointed out.

Additionally we could say that 60% of the bought gold cannot be sold via ingame xchange and 40% can. This would leave a bit speculation but nothing over the top since there cannot be made that much profit anymore.

The numbers are an example but I kind of like the xchange for speculation but I also see where the problem Gevlon pointed out lies. So if the numbers are calculated and estimated well, I think that this could really help all players except the ones that want to hardcore speculate with hundres/millions of gold. Furthermore I would not take the option of goldtrade between players, but the e.g 60% of the bought gold via xchange that cannot be sold again could get marked as those.

EDIT: most important, speculation will not drive the price up high as without restriction - ppl can actually buy gold for the purpose of having premium

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fallex ()

• Hanura schrieb:

Here's the write-up of why this is bad, in case anyone wants a more detailed explanation.

You probably require a bit of a tinfoil hat to truly believe that devs are corrupted just because of this issue, but then again no official statement has been made yet ...
      Let's not put the developers on the defensive with accusations of corruption, it's not pertinent to the discussion at all.

You do have a point with it being concerning that there has been no reassurance on the matter; onlookers who do nothing are enabling problems to continue to exist.

I recall the developers saying something to the effect of 'the market will correct itself' in regards to game's economical balance and I hope they are right, but only time will tell.