extremely quick rising Gold price is a reason to stop trading. Our economy is dying.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• If the problem is that there is too much silver, then simply add silver mining as a skill and limit the amount of silver in the game to the amount that players mine. The black market npcs could buy silver nuggets (which are not otherwise convertable into silver) and convert them into mob silver drops.
    • Isn't the real problem is when gold prices dictate AH prices. If people base their pricing on gold speculators instead of actual silver being generated in the world AH prices will be dictated by gold sellers - the whole economy can be manipulated. Which is a lot more difficult to do when you have 10 different auction houses instead of one large one which is gold.
      Cheerleader for Guild: Virtuous
    • Wadefu schrieb:

Isn't the real problem is when gold prices dictate AH prices. If people base their pricing on gold speculators instead of actual silver being generated in the world AH prices will be dictated by gold sellers - the whole economy can be manipulated. Which is a lot more difficult to do when you have 10 different auction houses instead of one large one which is gold.
      gold value has a direct relation to the silver inflation (generated from nowhere by the game = silver supply), as well as to the number of people interested in keeping their premium status running (= gold demand).

More people killing stuff in-game to create more silver = silver is worth less. Gold will go up.
      More people needing gold for premium and no one buying new gold = gold is worth more, Gold will go up.

Only case where it goes down, is when they game is about to die out (= less people playing to generate silver, less people wanting to buy gold for premium).

We might want to ask ourselves what the lack of price drops actaully mean from a supply and demand perspective. (Hint: game is actually doing fine, and is not dying at the moment)
      Discord: https://discord.gg/wH3tuhd
    • I understand what your saying, which makes sense.

The one point though is gold market can be heavily manipulated via speculation trading, the auction house is much more difficult to manipulate.

When gold is manipulated (from outside sources) it will affect the game economy in a negative way.
    • Wadefu schrieb:

I understand what your saying, which makes sense.

The one point though is gold market can be heavily manipulated via speculation trading, the auction house is much more difficult to manipulate.

When gold is manipulated (from outside sources) it will affect the game economy in a negative way.
      Why is one more difficulty than the other?
    • Wadefu schrieb:

The amount of items on the AH and it not being in one central location.
      That means it's a partitioned market with smaller liquidity. There's plenty opportunity to manipulate it, and it's rather easy.
      (I'be both raised prices by buying up and re-selling to same market, as well as lowered prices by taking two related items (artifacts and runes), and dumped the rune prices by using the artifacts as my rune source via salvage rather than the runes themselves).

Wadefu schrieb:

Gold market can be botted, just be standing in a single location.
      This means there's easier access, more participants and higher liquidity. How would you propose one performs manipulation in this regard?
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

More people killing stuff in-game to create more silver = silver is worth less. Gold will go up.
      More people needing gold for premium and no one buying new gold = gold is worth more, Gold will go up.

Only case where it goes down, is when they game is about to die out (= less people playing to generate silver, less people wanting to buy gold for premium).
      There are drivers in the other direction, where there is an increase in silver demand. For example, if in a future update, a new Craftable Cloak of Super Awesomeness becomes available, large enough people might cash out gold to buy it (on the market).

Any sort of silver sink (like repair costs) drives silver demand. Large PVP battles resulting in lots of equipment repair and replacement could have a short-term negative impact on the gold price.
    • Raithe schrieb:

@Zotar
      That idea for silver sourcing is so sandbox man I have to bump it....though it might be quite a trick to pull off.
      The problem with the idea of making silver a resource is it would almost destroy the driving force to PvE.

The only way to really address the run away gold inflation is by managing the silver sinks and taps.
      Winter Alpha test Character name - TRF
      Summer Alpha test Character name - Nytefury
      CBT - Nytefury
    • agrias schrieb:

Seriously dont even know what to say to this. Im a real life day trader, ure saying 40% in 4 days is unfair. Bro... have u even seen ppl making 2000% in 1hr lol, and thats just stocks. Dont even get me started with cfd...

U know how many arms manufacturers gone crazy just because trumps going to start ww3? ya well u know, welcome to real life, its really not that uncommon for ppl to just buy 100k gold if they feel like it or some windfall happens to them. I can hold my stocks for 4 days, if they went up a couple % thats prolly about 10k already, If i feel like it i can chuck in $500 and buy 100k gold. So are ppl gonna complain about that? not really, coz no one cares.

Thats how the market works, just go on with it.
      I'm a real life day trade also and type like a 4 year old, what a coincidence! Also random trump reference just because lol.

It's fucked that I can make the most money by basically never touching any aspect of the game besides the market. What's the point? Just "lol be a real life trader then", right? It just seems like full on greed mode by the devs.
    • Read a lot of this since gold speculation was something I was looking forward to, especially the reverse in the first week where all the super hardcore players are looking to spend whatever it takes to gobble up the small amount of silver that has accumulated.

I'm not the biggest fan of full loot pvp but the idea of how to strategically avoid it makes it exciting. Instead of complaining about your "devastating" 4 hr experience compared to what you would have made in a short amount of time with gold trading, take advantage of it.

Speculation on the gold market is only more apparent with veteran accounts as others have said. At launch it's only going to be worth gaining from all of this the first 90 days for the most part. Depends on how many new players start and spend compared to founders.

Like almost any game there needs to be an incentive for the rich/best to get richer/better. If there wasn't then what would be the incentive for players to spend or progress if they were penalized? The fact that the game allows you to buy premium currency with in game currency is a plus in itself.

Why go to such an extreme on your blog to spite a game for one piece of content? If this is killing the game for you just stop playing. It would be different if there were more players here that agreed with you so the issue would gain more attention and potentially influence the devs.
    • WheezyGod schrieb:

Read a lot of this since gold speculation was something I was looking forward to, especially the reverse in the first week where all the super hardcore players are looking to spend whatever it takes to gobble up the small amount of silver that has accumulated.

I'm not the biggest fan of full loot pvp but the idea of how to strategically avoid it makes it exciting. Instead of complaining about your "devastating" 4 hr experience compared to what you would have made in a short amount of time with gold trading, take advantage of it.

Speculation on the gold market is only more apparent with veteran accounts as others have said. At launch it's only going to be worth gaining from all of this the first 90 days for the most part. Depends on how many new players start and spend compared to founders.

Like almost any game there needs to be an incentive for the rich/best to get richer/better. If there wasn't then what would be the incentive for players to spend or progress if they were penalized? The fact that the game allows you to buy premium currency with in game currency is a plus in itself.

Why go to such an extreme on your blog to spite a game for one piece of content? If this is killing the game for you just stop playing. It would be different if there were more players here that agreed with you so the issue would gain more attention and potentially influence the devs.
      Well yeah this is a problem in most games I played Arche Age for about 2 years, and at level 10 I decided I was really loving the game until Trion ruined it I swiped over $1000 in the first 6 months ended up with owning pretty much everything in the game, not to mention how easy it is to get gear by just buying a bunch of Apex, and selling them on the market to buy gear... Funny thing is I got to level 50 on several accounts just by farming in AA lol no pvp, no pve, zero combat.

Albion Online isn't as hard-core, and if you swipe for gold at the very start IMO, this should be invested into leveling 3 characters on premium, and farming because you can generate revenue from this or profit, but never at any point should you immediately switch all your gold to silver if paid with real money because of the price changes Only swap what you need, otherwise when you get silver Immediately convert it to Gold Especially if leaving the game for awhile or before bed because prices always change at least this way you always can get back what you invested pretty much is how Albion Works.

I am also one of those people who would spend $500 flat in Albion once I really got going in the game.

IMO They could change the system but personally I don't mind buying Gold from the company it supports the development of the game, and helps me get what I want, as well as once I would get started doing my farming business I would be rolling in the cash from all the whales who spend themselves its something I have done in MMO's for years is play the markets and stuff, but not everyone does this or knows how.

EVE Online for example is a very spread-sheet based game but the last time I played I also had my own fleet of ships mining over a billion isk every 8 hours im sure the price is more by now, but I will be honest here I enjoy Albion more than I do EVE because EVE has no characters, and the Combat I just find to be very boring unless your in like a large alliance.
    • Katarina schrieb:

Albion Online isn't as hard-core, and if you swipe for gold at the very start IMO, this should be invested into leveling 3 characters on premium, and farming because you can generate revenue from this or profit, but never at any point should you immediately switch all your gold to silver if paid with real money because of the price changes Only swap what you need, otherwise when you get silver Immediately convert it to Gold Especially if leaving the game for awhile or before bed because prices always change at least this way you always can get back what you invested pretty much is how Albion Works.
      This is the issue that boggles my mind. Why should converting your silver into gold be a necessity as it is now.
    • Wadefu schrieb:

Katarina schrieb:

This is the issue that boggles my mind. Why should converting your silver into gold be a necessity as it is now.
      Well either remove the option to buy gold with silver which would remove a lot of potential players from the game or you play without premium.

Buying premium with silver will only be accessible to top players who had to of bought premium to get where they are in the first place. The exchange prices are going to be dictated by the top players who can earn silver at a much faster rate than anyone else.
    • WheezyGod schrieb:

Wadefu schrieb:

Katarina schrieb:

Well either remove the option to buy gold with silver which would remove a lot of potential players from the game or you play without premium.
      Buying premium with silver will only be accessible to top players who had to of bought premium to get where they are in the first place. The exchange prices are going to be dictated by the top players who can earn silver at a much faster rate than anyone else.
      It was suggested previously in this thread to lock gold that was bought with silver. The only thing you can do with bought gold is to buy premium. You can't "resell"
    • Wadefu schrieb:

Katarina schrieb:

Game currency that represents real life money (gold) will generally always hold its value so while silver will experience inflation since most games have more faucets than sinks anyone who is expecting to stick with the game for more than a few months will generally convert their silver into gold. There are only a few ways around this to my knowledge:

1) Tax silver to gold and gold to silver conversions quite heavily so that it is not appealing to use gold as an investment.

2) Make gold purchased with silver unable to be resold - thus it can't be used as an investment at all.

3) Somehow regulate silver so there is no inflation and put a cap on how much silver is allowed in the game - I would venture to say this is virtually impossible though.
    • Wadefu schrieb:

Katarina schrieb:

Well there isn't a point and the solution to this is do what other game companies do and use a "Token" or Virtual Currency token that can be used to pay for premiums for example 30 days of premium, and allow it to be sold on the market in game, as well as removing the ability to pay for silver for premiums.

But then I think what the developers wanted to do was make the game so both people who spend money, and free players can buy premium...

However the problem right now is that everyone in their right mind who farms silver will convert it all to Gold, because there is no point in holding lets say 1 million silver when its value can increase or decrease over night the best solution is converting it to gold so you don't lose anything big.

The problem though is that everyone in game is doing this and withdrawing silver when needed, plus Large Guilds and people working together can easily Manipulate the market exchanging currency back and fourth to generate profits, and I am sure there are some guilds that likely do this.

It shouldn't have to be converted back and fourth, but the only option to fix that is removing the ability to spend Real Money the way it is and adding a token system otherwise it likely stays like it is, or they can set limits on how much can be traded every week and so on to prevent it, but then you still get people complaining, or simply make it so Silver can only be converted to gold only for the purpose of buying premium.

I mean personally I don't care because I know how to play a market but that is just me others do care who don't want to bother with converting and worrying about the Silver to Gold ratio.

I also believe that having an exchange system, or way people can spend Real Money, to sell "Premium" or converting gold, helps prevent "Real Money Trading to foreign companies so either way the game company makes profit and people who don't have real life time to farm 24/7 can play the game.