extremely quick rising Gold price is a reason to stop trading. Our economy is dying.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• This is actually being discussed? It's the beta, I blew my gold on stupid shit because I knew I would be getting it back in a few months. I bought guild signs and random crap just to see what it looked like.

Really hard to say there is a problem with gold when it doesn't really have much value at this point, since it will all be refunded.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Darlantan schrieb:

You're a conspiracy theorist aren't you?
      I am not going to make a comment on your post it's just too outlandish for me.
      Yes, a profit oriented company doing stuff that makes them profit is outlandish. Hint: CCP Games of EVE Online admitted doing this.Can you point to the report of third party audit of the gold trading system of Albion?
      Do you have proof or a link or something that CCP did this? I've never of heard of them doing anything to that degree.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Taurean schrieb:

In a free, player-driven market, there will always be speculation. Although playing the markets is not my thing, I don't see this as a problem. Market pvp is as valid as any other form of pvp.
      Speculate on Slate Block! Or T6.2 mace. Or T7 horses. Or on any game item. Gold is not a game item, no gameplay involves gold (you can't craft gear or use it as consumable or feed it to horses), it's a real money equivalent. Speculating on gear needs you to understand how players play (big guilds go to war, they will lose gear, buy gear, prices go up). Speculating on gold needs you to understand SI marketing dept and how people spend their money.
      Gold is a commodity in-game, and has in-game functions. It is different from other in-game items in the same way a horse is different from a mage mage cowl. Both requires deep understanding of player patterns and gameworld design in order to maximize efficiency, and only a cursory look at what people are currently buying and selling in a given place in order to be decently effective at trading.

You can look at the gold market far more often than you normally do a regular market, and you can put your buy and sell orders from anywhere in the world. These things I consider issues, and I would rather have a gold-trader NPC in town, but as they are you can just make a habit of looking at the price graphs at fixed times every day and make your own conclusions.
      Discord: https://discord.gg/wH3tuhd
    • Just sharing random thoughts not pointed to any single poster.

For me I have very little problem with the gold market. I do see that it can impact the effectiveness of overall game-play mechanics (as in you make some good moves on the silver auction house but find out you may have been better off just investing it in gold). However that being said I think the idea of being able to pay for services like premium with in game silver to gold is great and is done in many games. The only reason why in Albion it keeps inflating much faster than other games is the silver taps/sinks aren't very well balanced. Also its extremely natural and expected to see quick inflation in the first few months.

I probably agree that there isn't enough silver sinks in the game so gold price will forever rise as more silver is generated every day across the entire game, however the rate of it's inflation will be more consistent and there will be less "spikes" as time goes on. It's very hard to balance as in a previous beta they made repairing very high and was quite brutal. On the other hand the amount of silver taps are quite high as you even create silver out of thin air when you are downed/killed.

I personally don't want to see a "limit" on how much gold/silver a person can have, it will just promote other ways of amassing more wealth through alt accounts etc. Also someone said they saw gold orders of 300k etc, how did you see this and how do you know it wasn't a number of people selling at the same silver amount? I personally cant see others gold orders outside of my own unless ive missed something (or you saw it on a stream).

Concerning the insinuation of an SI insider making money off this how do you know the same isn't happening at CCP, Blizzard, almost every Perfect World game etc? You don't. You just have to trust those companies have checks and balances in place. Same as what stops any company personnel selling your credit card info on to a 3rd party.

I am not entirely sure about the "locked gold" idea, I am not utterly adverse to it but not keen on it either. I find WoW tokens which have a similar system to be a little limiting. I guess my opinion is if I bought it I should be able to sell it if I choose to, although it has improved a little with the ability to turn it into bnet money.

I think why ultimately I don't have too much of an issue is it's a trade off. Yes I can put every silver I have into gold and wait for it to inflate. Or I can use that silver to turn it into more silver and therefore possibly buy even more gold, or turn that into even more silver. Yes those spikes will produce a good profit but ive made far more profit from silver in the long run.

My very random 2 cents.
      Winter Alpha test Character name - TRF
      Summer Alpha test Character name - Nytefury
      CBT - Nytefury

• After reading your Eve link (and while ive played quite a bit of it off and on since 2007 im hardly an expert) but it seems they stepped in to protect the economy and thus likely made less profit from the result. If that is the case it's not quite in line with your accusation here:

Gevlon schrieb:

Yes, a profit oriented company doing stuff that makes them profit is outlandish. Hint: CCP Games of EVE Online admitted doing this.Can you point to the report of third party audit of the gold trading system of Albion
      Winter Alpha test Character name - TRF
      Summer Alpha test Character name - Nytefury
      CBT - Nytefury
    • Nytefury schrieb:

After reading your Eve link (and while ive played quite a bit of it off and on since 2007 im hardly an expert) but it seems they stepped in to protect the economy and thus likely made less profit from the result. If that is the case it's not quite in line with your accusation here:
      Yes, EVE devs are known to give up profit just to protect the integrity of the game. However, what EVE devs did afterwards is irrelevant. I proved that the practice exists, so it can exist here in Albion. There is no way we can verify or falsify it unless SI makes its gold systems completely transparent or audits it with third party firm. But that's not the elephant in the room, it's their right to increase or decrease gold and silver amount as they please. The elephant is the ability of players to speculate for such decisions and make insane profit from it.

Speaking of auditing, this is the blogger.com traffic graph of my blog:

Yep, 3-3.5K a day, mostly EVE and Black Desert players, the perfect audience for Albion Online.Tomorrow comes up the post that describes the situation. I won't log in the game until the gold speculation opportunity is removed from the game. If removal is not announced in a week, I make a permanent warning page on the sidebar to avoid playing Albion Online.

I have no tolerance for games that uses shady tactics for monetization and allow insane in-game profit to be made from speculating on such shady tactics.
      On the other hand I can lure lots of people with me to a game that I find fair and transparent, which means lots of new subscribers. Which it will be is up to the devs.
    • For the people, who still not understand, this is a recap:

Gevlon schrieb:

The problem is that the price is not stable, so the most profitable action by large is speculating on the decision of the devs. Anyone who is an SI employee or has links to one can get insider info that can be turned into billions

Gevlon schrieb:

It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective
      The main goal for most players is progression and getting rich = play the way they like and pay for it by smartly planning a roadmap and stick to it, until they profit.
      Doesnt matter if you pvp or pve or craft or farm, you need silver to stay fluent in your actions.

So the second most common goal is to get silver by playing the way you like. Now there is this thing with the gold market, which allows very involved players to make an unhealthy good amount of silver from washing gold into silver and into gold again, by speculating on SI's own gold regulation actions. Highly abusable with insider information and rendering every "normal" game activity close to useless.

While i see some people wanting to point out that this is not directly concerning them, as their play style will not be hugely impacted = they still have fun and can buy gold, this issue IS very unhealthy for the game balance. You will probably not experience it at first, but out of that much silver, abusers can practically run the whole market, buy out everything, re sell it for higher or post their own crafts at a loss.
      They can buy a whole city, out bid you on your turf, rampage in pvp with better gear for their guild and destroy the game world balance that way.

Gevlon schrieb:

SI must close the speculation venue, so people don't have to care about gold price and focus on the gameplay instead, either with "locked gold" or with punitive taxes.
      This right here is a good solution in my books. And i HIGHLY recommend understanding this to the fullest.

I am also missing a dev comment on the issue. May we please get some information or your general state of mind for this issue? @Korn, @Bercilak, @Talion
      you are no longer fighting alone

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Archiemedis ()

• Gevlon schrieb:

Yep, 3-3.5K a day, mostly EVE and Black Desert players, the perfect audience for Albion Online.Tomorrow comes up the post that describes the situation. I won't log in the game until the gold speculation opportunity is removed from the game. If removal is not announced in a week, I make a permanent warning page on the sidebar to avoid playing Albion Online.

Goodbye @Gevlon - your actions was predicted beforehand and you're free to go play something else. Have fun elsewhere.
    • gevlon .. if u need to know.. is the same guy who made shit posting all over eve online news sites and forums bragging about how he can do millions and stupid fortune from things that beed a 24 hours machine to perform.. u already had tour share of hundreds of hate posts in that game and ur doing jt all over again here .. if u have issues with monitizing system .. just leave.. its just a game.. no need to transform it to enron scandal lol
    • Darlantan schrieb:

Gevlon schrieb:

I don't care about the underlying cause. It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective. If you want wealth, you just sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects. "sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects" is not the kind of game I want to play, period. And that's before I even think of how easy it is for any SI employee to make a couple billion silvers with it for personal purposes.

SI must close the speculation venue, so people don't have to care about gold price and focus on the gameplay instead, either with "locked gold" or with punitive taxes.
      You sound like a regulator here.
      Because he should be one. And he has valid reasons to do so. He understands economy. If SI doesn't regulate their currency, deflation will not, ever, happen. The confirmation will come when the "renew patron" period is over. Gold to Silver and vice versa will stay as it is and at the next phase will skyrocket it again.

I've been running an experiment since last Monday that i started the game, for my own benefit. Every penny i made in this game, went to 2 things. Gear and Gold. I managed to flip that gold yday to a profit of 5mils. While eating. And watching an episode of a series i like.

Now all i'm waiting for, to finalize the experiment, is my orders fulfilled for Gold on lower S price than the current one, when the time is right. If that's done, Gold economy is deflating. If not, RIP.

Even if that happens though, nothing stops me from inflating the market, again, even further in the next phase of Patrons. Where both 30 days and 60 will be up. Therefore higher demand.

Where is the problem in that? The fact that's it's not part of the gameplay. Patron is not and Gold isn't as well. People will realize that and it will have implications that we can all imagine.

For now it's fine. It's beta. It's an experiment for devs to take notes and act accordingly upon release. But if this is an issue upon release, we will see another great potential game, being dragged down to the category of massive fail.
      "Lorem Ipsum dolor sit amet."
      -Dalai Lama
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Goodbye @Gevlon - your actions was predicted beforehand and you're free to go play something else. Have fun elsewhere.
      We'll see if the devs say that or fix this nonsense. You know, a game before release doesn't need that kind of bad publicity that I can create with a few clicks. Please note that I do not want to stop SI from monetizing, I don't care about the gold price itsef. I want to stop speculation on monetizing, that doesn't affect SI income. Sure it affects the income of some corrupted employees and their goldseller friends who expect to make a few billion on insider gold trading and then split the money made on sold gold. In some companies they are powerful enough to keep in business despite community outrage and huge subscriber losses. In other games they are not and the loophole they use is closed. We'll see which kind AO is.

The question is, why would you play a game where one can make billions without doing anything but flipping gold and silver back and forth based on hints got from dev buddies (or good guesses on real world paying schedules).
    • point is not enough people dying and High end items or Wanted vanity items to make this market even needed. who needs 500 million silver if the most expensive item in the game that is attainable is a dire wolf mount or brimstone staff? 2m? there isn't enough dire bears or 7.3 8.3 items on the market for players to buy to even use that silver. Silver is almost a useless resource once u get to Tier 8 unless you are transmuting gear which then ='s to being Pay to advance I wouldn't say pay to win But you are paying for Top quality items. So what's the market really for? its really for players who come late and Pay to be top tier. Other than that silver is useless
    • This is all very simple, and alot of you guys complaining are missing the point..

Gold will pretty much always go up in price, that is fine. This is because as peoples characters get stronger and time geos on, there will be more silver in the world and getting silver will be easier. Therefore the value of 30 days premium membership will almost always be worth more silver as the days go by. This is economics.

The difference between the beta and the official launch is that people won't frivolously spend their founder gold have fun for a few weeks and quit as we'll need it for premium in later months. Therefore gold will start at a higher value than it has in betas. Also, because the game is final people will be more likely to purchase gold with real money, meaning the influx of gold will mean prices will increase slower.

But make no mistake about it, gold prices will go up in the long run, and there is nothing the devs could, or should do about it.

Regards
      Keylek

ps, the only way for silver prices to stay low is if the game is so good that all the newbs that play in the first weeks love it so much they spend a fortune on it and keep gold flooding into the market
    • Meik0 schrieb:

Darlantan schrieb:

Gevlon schrieb:

I don't care about the underlying cause. It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective. If you want wealth, you just sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects. "sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects" is not the kind of game I want to play, period. And that's before I even think of how easy it is for any SI employee to make a couple billion silvers with it for personal purposes.

You sound like a regulator here.
      Because he should be one. And he has valid reasons to do so. He understands economy. If SI doesn't regulate their currency, deflation will not, ever, happen. The confirmation will come when the "renew patron" period is over. Gold to Silver and vice versa will stay as it is and at the next phase will skyrocket it again.
      I've been running an experiment since last Monday that i started the game, for my own benefit. Every penny i made in this game, went to 2 things. Gear and Gold. I managed to flip that gold yday to a profit of 5mils. While eating. And watching an episode of a series i like.

Now all i'm waiting for, to finalize the experiment, is my orders fulfilled for Gold on lower S price than the current one, when the time is right. If that's done, Gold economy is deflating. If not, RIP.

Even if that happens though, nothing stops me from inflating the market, again, even further in the next phase of Patrons. Where both 30 days and 60 will be up. Therefore higher demand.

Where is the problem in that? The fact that's it's not part of the gameplay. Patron is not and Gold isn't as well. People will realize that and it will have implications that we can all imagine.

For now it's fine. It's beta. It's an experiment for devs to take notes and act accordingly upon release. But if this is an issue upon release, we will see another great potential game, being dragged down to the category of massive fail.
      Deflation doesn't have anything to do with gold, it has everything to do with silver, too much silver means inflation. I don't think you understand economics Gelvon has some points but this is a point where he's wrong. The gold should be set by the market. Now are there economic problems with the game? Sure. There's too much supply and not enough demand, this is what SBI needs to fix.

And to be honest we actually have deflation when it comes to gear. The inflation is on gold only because people don't have anything to spend their silver on (because they have their gear and rarely lose it). Plus I don't think there's enough silver sinks in the game which is also something SBI needs to balance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Darlantan ()

• Gevlon schrieb:

Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

We'll see if the devs say that or fix this nonsense. You know, a game before release doesn't need that kind of bad publicity that I can create with a few clicks. Please note that I do not want to stop SI from monetizing, I don't care about the gold price itsef. I want to stop speculation on monetizing, that doesn't affect SI income. Sure it affects the income of some corrupted employees and their goldseller friends who expect to make a few billion on insider gold trading and then split the money made on sold gold. In some companies they are powerful enough to keep in business despite community outrage and huge subscriber losses. In other games they are not and the loophole they use is closed. We'll see which kind AO is.
      The question is, why would you play a game where one can make billions without doing anything but flipping gold and silver back and forth based on hints got from dev buddies (or good guesses on real world paying schedules).
      I merely think you're extrapolating data too far. Not a single beta so far that I have played (and I've been here a while), has had such significant issues as you describe.

In fact, I think you're the first one to bother enough to take action, and you're taking action in a rather hostile way. I had respect for you and your data mindset, but the more you type, the more the world appears to revolve around you and that is simply not going work out in the end. Do as you wish, then move on. Either way, I wish you good luck wherever you go, as that is not here anymore.