extremely quick rising Gold price is a reason to stop trading. Our economy is dying.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• agrias schrieb:

Come on people, everyone knows this. This is nothing new ffs... been how long now? 2-3 yrs?

To be honest its pretty pathetic, all that farming gold/conversion etc..

If udo that math its like $5 per hr or something lol, or even less, theres thread like this all the time. Theres one that actually done the math, it is really really sad. I rather go work 1hr in real life, even the min wage u still be earning $20 with a net profit for $15 per hr, u can also use the $15 to buy even more gold.

End of the day this issue is so trivial that its not even worth mentioning, come on who doesnt know about this, seriously.
      Keep in mind that not everyone in the world earns $20 an hour minimum wage. Heck most of the US doesn't have $8 an hour minimum wage.
    • Kclikola schrieb:

Lobram schrieb:

The difference being that A) this is a game and B) the stocks you're talking about are generally risky where as gold (the premium currency in-game) investments has next to no risk.
      Nope. Same thing, game or no game.
      Oh really? Well I guess you go to jail for assaulting players and killing their characters - oh wait you don't because this is a game.

Just because markets do work that way in real life doesn't mean they should in the game especially when you're talking about a currency that dictates whether people can effectively play the game.
    • Kclikola schrieb:

Nope. Same thing, game or no game.
      Rare to see ppl who gets it. Very rare actually.

Lobram schrieb:

Oh really? Well I guess you go to jail for assaulting players and killing their characters - oh wait you don't because this is a game.
      Just because markets do work that way in real life doesn't mean they should in the game especially when you're talking about a currency that dictates whether people can effectively play the game.
      lol u already answer the question yourself. Real life poor ppl will never be able to compete with real life richer players in game. Well u know simply because they can just buy gold, afterall they have fatter wallets.

Lifes never fair, deal with it.
    • The fun part is this is just a game. If I loose something, its a bunch of 0's and 1's. If I pull the same stunt in real life and mess up, Ill loose a crap load of money. So ill rather take my chances here and enjoy the "game" effect in it.

Besides, ppl like me don't play the market that actively, just when its a good idea or when I need some Silver for something expensive.
    • Taurean schrieb:

All the participants are voluntary. Don't like the market? Then don't play. But telling other people what they can or cannot sell/trade to other people is heavy handed and oppressive.
      No, it's not more voluntary than putting on gear before going to a GvG. Sure, if you can't care less, you can do it naked. But if you care about your performance, you participate. Here you can make much more silver than on anything else. But this isn't gameplay at all, you aren't using in-game input, you are using info on people's money schedule (when there are paydays, or holidays when kids get gifts in countries with lots of players) and guesses on SI "central bank" decisions. The latter allow favoritism and insider trading (dev leaks to buddies to buy because gold price will be up).

Gold speculation must go. This is a make or break thing for me and probably everyone interested in the market side of the game. If it's not fixed, I'm out and I'll warn everyone to stay away on my blog.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Gold speculation must go. This is a make or break thing for me and probably everyone interested in the market side of the game. If it's not fixed, I'm out and I'll warn everyone to stay away on my blog.
      I'm going to be honest here. the first time when I played the game last beta, I was amazed to see how accurate they were with the whole market, including the gold market. This motivated me to try and logged on at least a couple of times a day just to see if the prize went up or down and even take a gable every now and then that paid of very nicely. I didn't gain millions and millions of silver, but enough to get along every day.

My point being as a player told me in the game, the poor will stay poor (and complain) and the rich richer, not because they spend more, but because they play smarter.

My advice is, give it a shot and try and gain that additional edge above the other players that are relying on killing others and selling their goods. It might just be fun.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Taurean schrieb:

All the participants are voluntary. Don't like the market? Then don't play. But telling other people what they can or cannot sell/trade to other people is heavy handed and oppressive.
      No, it's not more voluntary than putting on gear before going to a GvG. Sure, if you can't care less, you can do it naked. But if you care about your performance, you participate. Here you can make much more silver than on anything else. But this isn't gameplay at all, you aren't using in-game input, you are using info on people's money schedule (when there are paydays, or holidays when kids get gifts in countries with lots of players) and guesses on SI "central bank" decisions. The latter allow favoritism and insider trading (dev leaks to buddies to buy because gold price will be up).
      Smart move, throwing a tantrum like a small child and making threats if you don't get your way … You've shown your true colors. You just head shotted your credibility. Any of your input that might have some validation or merit is now null and void. GG...
    • Sunfusion schrieb:

Smart move, throwing a tantrum like a small child and making threats if you don't get your way … You've shown your true colors. You just head shotted your credibility. Any of your input that might have some validation or merit is now null and void. GG...
      I won't play a "game" where the main wealth generator has nothing to do with the game world. So there are two possible outcomes:
      • I get this nonsense fixed and then I just skyrocketed my credibility
      • I don't get this nonsense fixed, and I can't care less what's my credibility on the forums of a game I don't play
    • This main "wealth generator" is only possible in the first little bit of betas/release due to the fact that this spike in price is not due to speculation but due to demand. Everyone's premiums are coming up simultaneously (30 days from the start) and so they are all buying gold.

It's literally that simple. It would be like in Eve if everyone's subs expire on the 1st, of course you'd see PLEX spike on the 28th-31st of every month. Once the game matures a bit people's premium will slowly re-up on different dates and the market demand won't spike nearly as hard at specific dates.

Similar to Eve, it only has "nothing to do with the game world" in the sense that it controls people's subscriptions not actually affecting the game itself past that. Is speculation a great wealth generator? Absolutely. Will it continue to be? Sure, but obviously it will stabilize and there will be less obvious spikes and troughs in the price making it more of a long term investment than in the first few months.

This happens literally every beta and literally every beta people make posts about it like it's some crazy misunderstood phenomenon.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

I suggest to do what Blizzard did with tokens:

make 2 kinds of gold, unlocked and locked

when you buy gold for $ or receive it for referral or with a founder pack, your gold is unlocked. You can use it for everything as today, including selling it for silver.

when you buy gold for silver, you receive locked gold. You can't sell locked gold on the marketplace, but you can use it to buy premium or spend it on yourself any other way available.
      This way there can't be speculation, if you bought gold with silver, you can't sell it anymore
      I have to agree here.

An outside element being the most lucrative with the least time played but a lot of real money invested, is a kick in the face for the quality of a game.

We need to stop thinking in small scale personal worlds here, the more we nuture a healthy and balanced game world, the more fun we get out of it. Forget all the names and avatars and personal preferences:

What would be the healthiest choice for the game to run successfully for a long term, while still being employable in a short time?

Kuhal schrieb:

This main "wealth generator" is only possible in the first little bit of betas/release due to the fact that this spike in price is not due to speculation but due to demand
      So you guarantee it wont happen, when the game goes live? Due to a demand price spike, only happening in betas? Are you 100% sure?
    • I don't care about the underlying cause. It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective. If you want wealth, you just sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects. "sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects" is not the kind of game I want to play, period. And that's before I even think of how easy it is for any SI employee to make a couple billion silvers with it for personal purposes.

SI must close the speculation venue, so people don't have to care about gold price and focus on the gameplay instead, either with "locked gold" or with punitive taxes.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Sunfusion schrieb:

I won't play a "game" where the main wealth generator has nothing to do with the game world. So there are two possible outcomes:
      • I get this nonsense fixed and then I just skyrocketed my credibility
      • I don't get this nonsense fixed, and I can't care less what's my credibility on the forums of a game I don't play

Well yeah I think this could be a problem somewhat it doesn't really effect game-play at least when you played the game like I did, and that is being a self crafter and playing the crafting /leveling game.

But I would see multiple people actually give Silver to one person, and they would convert it all to gold and wait until it would spike and flip it all back, this IMO is too easy, I remember when I used to Flip markets in a few other Sandbox based games it was fun doing but actually took a little time and skill.

This game IMO needs some work with the crafting, Farming, and such parts of the game it generally feels too easy for farmers / food, housing needs to be improved and made more useful, and perhaps different types of farming tools put into the game, farming is one of my favorite things and ways to make money in this game especially with all the people who would PVP in the Black Zone and lose stuff needing mounts.
    • I suggest
      1) upper limit how much gold you can have, because all game items can be bought with silver, there is no need to convert more silver to gold than amount for 1 year subscription. It is also fair for new players. If you buy 1 year subscription you are 0 and have to collect it again. Currently there are storage's of gold per account, I have noticed couple of 300 000 gold orders. Currently only reason to convert silver to gold is to make silver out of thin air.
      2) add % tax to gold market.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

I don't care about the underlying cause. It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective. If you want wealth, you just sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects. "sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects" is not the kind of game I want to play, period. And that's before I even think of how easy it is for any SI employee to make a couple billion silvers with it for personal purposes.

SI must close the speculation venue, so people don't have to care about gold price and focus on the gameplay instead, either with "locked gold" or with punitive taxes.
      You sound like a regulator here. The price of gold will be determined by the market and it should (speculation or not). The concern I have is that gold prices doesn't seem to drop once they've risen to a threshold, which means inflation is running rampant and that the only thing that is valuable in this game is gold. This has to do with game design as gear doesn't seem to get destroyed often enough, therefore, players have nothing to spend their money on but gold to get more premium status or to speculate its rise or fall. If this wasn't a beta and if my character didn't have premium for the rest of the beta, I would of already converted most of my silver which I probably amassed about 10-15 mill, into gold and/or premium status. Since I never lose any sh*t!
    • Darlantan schrieb:

Gevlon schrieb:

I don't care about the underlying cause. It allows speculation with profit that makes any kind of gameplay laughably ineffective. If you want wealth, you just sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects. "sit naked at your island and watch the gold price and make decisions based on real life effects" is not the kind of game I want to play, period. And that's before I even think of how easy it is for any SI employee to make a couple billion silvers with it for personal purposes.

You sound like a regulator here. The price of gold will be determined by the market and it should (speculation or not). The concern I have is that gold prices doesn't seem to drop once they've risen to a threshold, which means inflation is running rampant and that the only thing that is valuable in this game is gold. This has to do with game design as gear doesn't seem to get destroyed often enough, therefore, players have nothing to spend their money on but gold to get more premium status or to speculate its rise or fall. If this wasn't a beta and if my character didn't have premium for the rest of the beta, I would of already converted most of my silver which I probably amassed about 10-15 mill, into gold and/or premium status. Since I never lose any sh*t!
      Gear destruction does nothing to fight silver inflation. When crafters make gear there is no removal of silver - only the removal of resources that were gathered which are then convereted into gear pieces. When gear is bought by other players with silver the silver is only transfered - the only silver actually being removed from this action is through tax which is abysmally low.

The way to reduce inflation is to either add more silver sinks (repair costs, increase taxes, etc.) or to reduce the amount of silver that is generated in the first place.
    • Lobram schrieb:

Darlantan schrieb:

Gevlon schrieb:

Gear destruction does nothing to fight silver inflation. When crafters make gear there is no removal of silver - only the removal of resources that were gathered which are then convereted into gear pieces. When gear is bought by other players with silver the silver is only transfered - the only silver actually being removed from this action is through tax which is abysmally low.
      The way to reduce inflation is to either add more silver sinks (repair costs, increase taxes, etc.) or to reduce the amount of silver that is generated in the first place.
      You're correct it doesn't do anything to fight the inflation. What I mean is I am willing to bet there's a lot of players are sitting on silver as they're not cycling through gear (as in gear that they lost) quick enough to deplete their (personal) silver. Therefore the silver goes to the gold.
    • Darlantan schrieb:

You sound like a regulator here. The price of gold will be determined by the market and it should (speculation or not). The concern I have is that gold prices doesn't seem to drop once they've risen to a threshold, which means inflation is running rampant and that the only thing that is valuable in this game is gold.
      Let me enlighten you: the gold price is maybe affected by market, but it's ultimately in the hands of SI. They can spawn an account, put a zillion silver on it and set up a gold buy order for whatever high price they want, effectively using the "market" as an item shop (everyone who buys silver from gold from the dev alt is buying silver spawned from nowhere from $). Now it's in itself not a tragedy. Everyone sees the price and can respond by buying, not buying or quitting. Item shops are standard these days.

The problem is that the price is not stable, so the most profitable action by large is speculating on the decision of the devs. Anyone who is an SI employee or has links to one can get insider info that can be turned into billions. If you want to play this "game", fine. I won't and warn my blog followers too. I also bless my wisdom that I wrote every post on my blog about Albion with a huge warning that the game is in beta and bad things can happen, so I won't look like an idiot when I admit that I wasted a hundred or two hours in a game where gameplay is completely irrelevant compared to speculation on dev decisions.
    • Gevlon schrieb:

Darlantan schrieb:

You sound like a regulator here. The price of gold will be determined by the market and it should (speculation or not). The concern I have is that gold prices doesn't seem to drop once they've risen to a threshold, which means inflation is running rampant and that the only thing that is valuable in this game is gold.
      They can spawn an account, put a zillion silver on it and set up a gold buy order for whatever high price they want
      You're a conspiracy theorist aren't you?

I am not going to make a comment on your post it's just too outlandish for me.