Crafting Focus and non-premium?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Sond schrieb:

It is pay to win. You will never catch a good player once they are ahead. I've made millions which others will never be able to make by being the only person who can craft certain items. Once more people can do it, all profit margins evaporate quickly. When someone is able to get ahead via real life cash early, they have paid to win. I am fine with it though, or at least have come to terms with it. Mostly because I am the one winning.
      ^
      www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
      https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
      https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
      UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
    • Donaramu schrieb:

Sond schrieb:

It is pay to win. You will never catch a good player once they are ahead. I've made millions which others will never be able to make by being the only person who can craft certain items. Once more people can do it, all profit margins evaporate quickly. When someone is able to get ahead via real life cash early, they have paid to win. I am fine with it though, or at least have come to terms with it. Mostly because I am the one winning.
      ^
      It's pay to skip not to win... the end game of a particular armour and weapon set platos, so it is achievable and farming gear to make it is not difficult
    • Skarnik schrieb:

Donaramu schrieb:

Sond schrieb:

^
      It's pay to skip not to win... the end game of a particular armour and weapon set platos, so it is achievable and farming gear to make it is not difficult
      I guess you missed the part where it is impossible for slower players to ever make the vast sums of money as the first players. Being first, or in the first few people at least, is a huge advantage and the way to be first is to have legendary access as well as gold. It's no big thing though, and either way it won't change.
    • Yeah, the people who will always profit the most will be the ones who can get somewhere first and exploit things the fastest. Those will ALWAYS be premium players. Even between casual players, I assume premium subs would have a fair amount more silver and fame on average.

When the gap is so large between premium and non-premium it is pay to win. They may as well let you spend gold for exp at this point. It would be more transparent, because that's basically what the model is right now.

They either need to give non-premium players some amount of LP and focus, or tone down just how powerful those mechanics are.

People are mostly going to overlook this issue because you can buy premium with ingame silver, but the disparity is there.
    • ikee schrieb:

Guys, how did this thread really turn into a "Is this game P2W or not?".

I appreciate the bumps, but you are really derailing the arguments here... ;p
      Because the whole point of playing this game hinges on fairness. It is simply not fair to non-premium members. Also a lot of this game hinges on competitiveness and PVP related aspects. Would you really want to be going up against players who are going to beat you because they simply paid more money to get in-game advantages? I see it no different than if someone was using cheats. If that is the case then I might as well just take up a second job and spend on the money on gold. 4 hours of working would equal 50 hours of in-game grinding.

This is the fundamental flaw with P2W games. It would be better if they just had a one time fee of $50 or something every year rather than this premium system. Premium system + buying gold system = makes game pointless to play. Of course like the others said, the devs can make more money with premium system (because people get addicted to it) rather than a flat fee system.

However I do think there is a simple solution: make two servers. One server you have the gold buying + premium system. The other service everyone is on level playing field and there is no way for player to buy advantages. Let players select how they want to play.
    • deleted angry post about to pay to keep having fun with focus on my island. (or not)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von FeiO () aus folgendem Grund: i was angry about to need to pay to receive focus points and have fun with my island. better now

• ikee schrieb:

Yes this is true, but if you go down the path of a crafter or a gatherer as I have done, it kind of feels like you are *forced* into buying premium since again, 50 % of all my skills are based on a premium only feature. And noone wants to be *forced* to do anything in a game, it is better to be highly encouraged!

Yeah, this is true, they really force you to buy premium.
      But with about 2 months of premium from your Game pack you can earn a lot of gold to buy premium for a lot of future months.
      For example using first 2 months I earn gold enough to buy about a year premium. So the situation that you've described isn't a problem, it's just feature. Accept this and play.
    • elitesoldier1234 schrieb:

However I do think there is a simple solution: make two servers. One server you have the gold buying + premium system. The other service everyone is on level playing field and there is no way for player to buy advantages. Let players select how they want to play.

Your idea is absurd, because now it's too easy to farm silver and to by needed gold with it.
      You really need only to buy game pack. Then you shouldn't pay real money at all.