Destiny Board is extremely tedius to use

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diknak wrote:

There is so much empty space and the scrolling around the board makes it a complete hassle. I have a couple of suggestions that will help progression less annoying.

1. Redesign to board to have less empty space that requires less scrolling around. Maybe even make it dynamic so you don't even see items that aren't relevant. As a cleric, I don't need to see all of the guardian, crossbow, etc progression items. It's a complete waste of space. Show me what is relevant to me.

2. Add a visual indicator to items that are eligible to have learning points spent on them. Or even show a menu on the side of the screen that let's users jump right to them.
    Please understand that the destiny board as you know it was created by bringing from the past a designer for handmade Persian carpets using a time machine. This time machine broke and the only sensible thing to do was to keep this chap employed and continue to develop this mosciac masterpiece known as the destiny board.

The time machien will be fixed coniciding with the hect0 r launch and then we can launch the chap back to his time and embrace the condenses dB0ard.

just wait.
  • The destiny board 'concept' made sense (kind of) when weapons had more branching paths. Now progression is much more linear, and so the gigantic bird's eye representation of all possible abilities is no longer helpful.

Imagine if there was a button you could click that would simply give you a simple readout of your abilities.

Swords: Mastery 15
    - Claymore Specialization - 7
    - Duel Swords Speciliation - 2

Leather Armor: Mastery 20
    - Assassins Jacket Specialization - 12

and so on....

I suspect very few people would ever choose to view the destiny board again.
  • Swordlord wrote:

The destiny board 'concept' made sense (kind of) when weapons had more branching paths. Now progression is much more linear, and so the gigantic bird's eye representation of all possible abilities is no longer helpful.

Imagine if there was a button you could click that would simply give you a simple readout of your abilities.

Swords: Mastery 15
    - Claymore Specialization - 7
    - Duel Swords Speciliation - 2

Leather Armor: Mastery 20
    - Assassins Jacket Specialization - 12

and so on....

I suspect very few people would ever choose to view the destiny board again.
    I think you are mostly right, except I would probably use it just to see what path I need to follow to unlock Something, after that its the pure numbers I care about at a glance, not having to open each point up along the branch.
  • Id like to see a couple of update:

* Remember where you are in the destiny board (aka if I scroll around, and close the window and re-open it, please dont reset to the center
    * When you are viewing the destiny board, Show shortcuts with the latest famed skills. Clicking on link would zoom you to that node. I dont want to have to close the board to click the link the the message box like window.
    * shortcuts armor\weapon that I have currently equipped.
    Albion Tools and Database:

albiononline2d.com
  • The whole Destiny board needs to be reworked..

If I had one job to give to the devs it would be, to create an user friendly app for the destiny board. And when its done, ditch the DB and use the app only.

That zooming and scrolling around is dumb and a lazy design. Thats why smartphones were not a thing until the app idea came to existence.
  • There is a simply parent child type branch that can be used to convey the destiny board with collapsible sections and filters, custom sorting and basically allow the user to make a custom dashboard when they press N.

Rather than see lost Aztec technology.

Hell I would even be okay with a bullet point system.

Hector didn't fix much, they added track/untrack which is awesome (+1 SBI points), but they made it so the only way to untrack everything and track only what you wanted was to untrack EVERY freakin thing one at a time.. stupid design. (-2 SBI points). SBI is in serious need of consulting because it really appears that group think has taken over and that anybody with half a brain there is likely in fear of losing their job and refuses to speak up, I say this because I can't believe that a company would have staff that think 100% the same and agree to these concepts that are rolled out. And I am only talking about the UI here...
  • It should be fully redone, from scratch.

There is way too much empty space, and it's really annoying and uneasy to have a clear look at where is what.

If you have too many items on the outer ring, then don't do a ring.

A more flat screen like Research screen in many Civilization-like game would work much better in my opinion. Even Path of Exile is more readable.

Some random research on internet, and i find many better ways to deal with it :

lparchive.org/Civilization-V-P…4-06-05_at_8.14.02_PM.jpg
    oi1061.photobucket.com/albums/…manityPlague/Research.jpg
    celiahodent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Slide10.jpg
    s63.photobucket.com/user/zwtipp05/media/cold1.jpg.html

rpgmaker.net/media/content/gam…rogress_Tree_Redone_5.gif

etc

* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net
  • Hey @Tchey!

We plan to redo the Destiny Board from scratch at some point! We already have a concept for it which tackles a lot of the things you mentioned.This is a big longterm thing to implement though sadly.

First we want to finish the graphical UI rework along with the UX improvements that come with it. Also we have to create new interfaces for new features obviously.
    That means we're limited in what we can do at the same time when it comes to new user interfaces.
    But be assured: It is on our agenda and will happen at some point!

- Lino

The post was edited 1 time, last by H4n1baL ().