State of the Game: Galahad

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Bercilak wrote:


    Guild Quality of Life Changes
    e have a vast array of guild quality of life changes very high on our priority list.
    We cannot promise yet if and how many of them will make it in time for release, however, some should start showing up in the first post-release update.
    The list of things we are looking into is long, among them are:
    • banks with configurable tabs, and a guild bank
    • customizable guild rights and role management (i.e. create a role called “gatherers” and then give all “gatherers” access to a particular tab in the guild bank, etc)
    • transactions logs and asset overview banks
    • more detailed activity logs on guild members
    • tiered guild wallet
    • improved guild message of the day feature
    • crafting orders (place an order at the crafter building and leave the ingredients there, possibly set a reward. Crafter can come by later, craft the item for you, and you pick it up later)
    • support for internal guild currency. Award “guild coins” to your members based on their contribution to the guild, and set up a reward store using these guild coins.
    Note that getting all of these into the game will take it’s time, hence, we are working on them step by step.

    Please consider adding player achievements to the Killboard data of the player. This small change (even if updated daily) could be very useful.
    Albion Tools and Database:

    albiononline2d.com
  • Bercilak wrote:

    Improved Hell Gates

    We are also aware that the reward balancing for hell gates might currently be off, in particular with regards to enchanted resources. Please see the point above about item drops and economy changes, which allows us to keep hell gates extremely rewarding by setting a high rate for player crafted item drops, allowing us to remove refined resources from the drop table.
    So again you gonna nerf the way for players to regear them self through PvP?...what's your feedback on how good for the game big chest nerfs where?, i can tell you that from the point of a big competitive guild there is almost no reason to open world pvp besides the castles which are one time a week and completely unbalanced cause the ones who owns it has a huge advantage especially with broken arcane damage beam going on high damage weapons like meteor staff.

    With making crafting and gathering much harder than it was in beta 1 i really don't know how small guilds can keep up when it's hard enough for big and competitive guilds...the only way for small groups that wanted to stay kind a competitive was through HG if you nerf that expect even less PvP and interest in the game from that part of players and my experience through all tests was that game/forums and everything dies when PvP stops.

    You have invested so much time and thought (was it productive is another story) on how to make crafters/gatheres and casual players happy so they don't need to PvP if they don't want to but you invested very little thought into making PvP players that want to be self-sustainable through fair PvP fights happy and that should be the targeted market of the game.

    I don't care if resources HG and big chests gonna drop are player created as long as i can self-sustain my self by doing it and not be forced into doing gathering which most pvp players hate doing i hope you can keep this in mind.

    It's very simple on how to keep PvP players happy give us one reason to open world PvP everday so let's say a zone with a chest in the middle with enough loot so that it's worth to take whole guild to do it no mobs or any other bs just pure PvP for it and keep HG rewarding as they are atm and most players that are just interested in that part of the game gonna be happy and to make the eco guys happy make even the refined mats HG and big chests drop player crated or something like that just keep it as rewarding as HG are currently.

    btw. If HG are gonna be less rewarding expect even bigger imbalances in gear cause there is still gonna be guilds that gonna gear their players in lets say 6.1 for them while for small groups it's gonna be almost impossible atm small group of lets say 8 players can pretty much gear them-self in 6.1 and even 7.1 just through HG if they doing it efficiently.

    Can we get some more of your thoughts on players being self-sustainable from fair PvP fights in HG and high enough incentive for guilds to do open world via big chests? @Bercilak, @Korn
  • I'm gonna stand my ground and say the black market is the worst Idea I've ever seen floating around for this game. The rest sounds good tho.

    Giving the devs full control of the economy, what could go wrong (besides gold prices)...

    Were crafters complaining about not making enough dough on the auction house? I'm crafting this beta and can guarantee you that anyone who is complaining should never be taken seriously in any complaint they make. I'm making 100k per 200 focus right now for basically doing nothing, I don't need an NPC buying my junk to make me even more silver but slam dunk the gold prices.

    I will stand on a mountain and scream it, the reason they are so gun-ho on this black market idea is all about gold prices.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Frog ().

  • law7 wrote:

    -we can allow mobs to drop significantly more and also better items, as these will need to be crafted by a players and sold to the black market NPC first before they can actually drop

    How are they going to drop better items? Mobs will now only drop garbage nobody needs, this black market idea sounds stupid af. Getting decent drops was the only way for a PvPer to play without having to gather/craft all day, gj on screwing even that up.
    Are you complaining about items not dropping in PvE, when this is a full loot PvP game?
    I dont get it...
    Please elaborate.
  • Weird I don't see the most important change the game needs on here. Here let me help fix this up for ya
    Mob Execution
    Due to the popular demand of players that actually have a brain we will be bringing back Mob Execution. Not only will this providing a more rewarded gameplay to players aren't colorblind and have an IQ of at least 50 to not stand in our red AOE rings of death, but also the crafters of the wonderful world of Albion will finally get their panties out of a wad as they become somewhat relevant again. We are finally going back to the roots of a full loot PvP game.
    Btw I am currently looking for a new job. Hire me.


    Current IGN: HillaryForPrison : AlternativeFacts

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Elsa: Misleading quote. ().

  • Dear developers. I am happy with almost everything in your thread. Especialy the territory and guild subject.

    But why are you planning to reward players with a starting mount at the end of the starting towns which you leave so fast. I bought the legendary founder pack because I wanted to support the game and wanted to have the abbility to have a mount right at start. This is one of the reasons that made me pay you €100 ,-. Now you say you are giving a mount for free to?! I find this very unpolite to your legendary customers (and no I am not rich so paying it was a lot for me).

    Also you will guarantee that the mount market for t3 mounts is dead immediately for the first days.

    I hope you will reconsider this or add something in for your founders.
  • Ricodian wrote:

    Dear developers. I am happy with almost everything in your thread. Especialy the territory and guild subject.

    But why are you planning to reward players with a starting mount at the end of the starting towns which you leave so fast. I bought the legendary founder pack because I wanted to support the game and wanted to have the abbility to have a mount right at start. This is one of the reasons that made me pay you €100 ,-. Now you say you are giving a mount for free to?! I find this very unpolite to your legendary customers (and no I am not rich so paying it was a lot for me).

    Also you will guarantee that the mount market for t3 mounts is dead immediately for the first days.

    I hope you will reconsider this or add something in for your founders.
    This is a very valid concern, that we also share.

    Hence, the tutorial mount will be very bad stats-wise, much worse than a T3 horse or the founders mount. Think of it as a T1 mount.

    The reason why we want to do this at all is not so much as a reward, but rather because the game is extremely tedious early on without a mount.
  • Korn wrote:

    Ricodian wrote:

    Dear developers. I am happy with almost everything in your thread. Especialy the territory and guild subject.

    But why are you planning to reward players with a starting mount at the end of the starting towns which you leave so fast. I bought the legendary founder pack because I wanted to support the game and wanted to have the abbility to have a mount right at start. This is one of the reasons that made me pay you €100 ,-. Now you say you are giving a mount for free to?! I find this very unpolite to your legendary customers (and no I am not rich so paying it was a lot for me).

    Also you will guarantee that the mount market for t3 mounts is dead immediately for the first days.

    I hope you will reconsider this or add something in for your founders.
    This is a very valid concern, that we also share.
    Hence, the tutorial mount will be very bad stats-wise, much worse than a T3 horse or the founders mount. Think of it as a T1 mount.
    Can we get a better founder mount and throw in the Yule Stag for us while you are at it friend.

    Thanks +rep god bless
  • If you feel that something obvious is missing, there is a good chance that we have it on our list, if you’d like to be sure, please ask as a reply to this thread.

    We are looking forward to your feedback.
    Your Albion Online team
    1) All mobs since T5 veteran will become lethal ?
    2) Fast travel will not be possible with a stackable items in inventory ?
    3) Gold <-> silver transactions (following the open world chests) will only be enabled XX days after launch ?