<Iron Bank> Mercia PvP | International English | 21+ and Discord Required

• Been in Iron Bank of Albion for a bit over a week now and I must say it has been a really vigorous experience so far. Leadership is great and friendly. I know some people might think that it is annoying to have to apply by a website with questions etc. But behind all that there is a fantastic guild with great people who all strife to one common goal. If you even slightly consider to apply, don't hesitate.
    • KiyoGames wrote:

Been in Iron Bank of Albion for a bit over a week now and I must say it has been a really vigorous experience so far. Leadership is great and friendly. I know some people might think that it is annoying to have to apply by a website with questions etc. But behind all that there is a fantastic guild with great people who all strife to one common goal. If you even slightly consider to apply, don't hesitate.
      glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. I appreciate all the feedback.
    • Out of curiosity, if you are modeling your guild after the Iron Bank, will you be loaning money (silver or even gold)? Will you remain neutral, meanwhile, indirectly financing wars and other political plays?

I'm wondering if a player guild could actually be economically dominant, unless it has hundreds of members and most if not all are playing Market PVP.

I'm hopeful Iron Bank is more unique than a run-of-the-mill guild that plays the game the same as nearly everyone else.
      Blodvaerd, Lord Commander
      Rangers of Celidon
      An RP - PVE / PVP, International Guild
      rangersofcelidon.enjin.com
    • Blodvaerd wrote:

Out of curiosity, if you are modeling your guild after the Iron Bank, will you be loaning money (silver or even gold)? Will you remain neutral, meanwhile, indirectly financing wars and other political plays?

I'm wondering if a player guild could actually be economically dominant, unless it has hundreds of members and most if not all are playing Market PVP.

I'm hopeful Iron Bank is more unique than a run-of-the-mill guild that plays the game the same as nearly everyone else.
      are modeling your guild after the Iron Bank?
      Yes, with some small alterations

will you be loaning money (silver or even gold)?
      Yes, post launch

Will you remain neutral, meanwhile, indirectly financing wars and other political plays?
      Yes and no. We will take territory and have alliances, but we will remain neutral for the most part as long as it does not negatively impact relationships that we rely on. We will offer economic and combat services

We will be a large guild, mostly Econ/PvE players. We will have a smaller core of highly trained PvPers for HG, GvG (security and mercenary). We will not be a 50 Man PvP Zerg ball (outside of large alliance wars). We intend on keeping our PvP core smaller and utilize anti-Zerg tactics/strats

I've played the game off and on since 2014. It was important to me to have a guild that encompasses all content areas
      . We will operate in all continents and centralize our efforts torwards black and red zone politics, Econ, PvX
    • I'm wondering if guilds at some point could actually be in control of billions, with a B, of silver in liquid assets and that could become the true power of the game.

I remember back in EvE when it took 3 months to have 10 million isk, but 10 years later players were able to be billionaires in the same amount of time.

Albion's markets are regional, so it might not be that difficult for a guild with enough silver to manipulate and then dominate those local markets.
      Blodvaerd, Lord Commander
      Rangers of Celidon
      An RP - PVE / PVP, International Guild
      rangersofcelidon.enjin.com
    • Blodvaerd wrote:

I'm wondering if guilds at some point could actually be in control of billions, with a B, of silver in liquid assets and that could become the true power of the game.

I remember back in EvE when it took 3 months to have 10 million isk, but 10 years later players were able to be billionaires in the same amount of time.

Albion's markets are regional, so it might not be that difficult for a guild with enough silver to manipulate and then dominate those local markets.
      It's very possible. Hopefully the game still has high end rare resources/items that are not super easy to obtain. Either way, I expect the first few months to be like normal, and then you will see mega alliances begin to form. At that time I believe Econ support guilds will play a larger role

Even more so when communism guilds start to remodel or fall apart because of membership quality of life. Players are going to want more freedom, which means lower taxes. Lower taxes means that guilds will have to deal more in trade to get what the need for guild and alliance sanctioned events. Taking a few territories, no big deal. Conquering continents and camping spawns with best in slot gear, that's another story.