[Guide] Gathering - everything there is to know!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Got a quick question. As I never mined 7.1 or higher, just flat t7. Never even encounterd a 7.1 or higher even.

With the T7 pickaxe, can you mine 7.1 .2 and .3?

Cuz I'm not sure how it works at this level, cuz there is also 8.1 .2 and .3 veins and it doesnt make sense if you need an t9 pickaxe (which doesnt exist as far as I know ;p )
    • Joyma schrieb:

With the T7 pickaxe, can you mine 7.1 .2 and .3?
      Yes, as with any other level, with TX you can mine TX.Y
      So, with t7 you can mine enchanted T7 (and normal/flat t8)
      With t8, you can mine everything.

T7.1 are already somewhat rare.
      A node has basically a 5% chance (1:20 or something) to become enchanted, which is rolled every hour.
      Therefore, in theory/in average, a node gets enchanted only once within ~20 hours/1day(well..almost)
      As for myself, I've only encountered one .2 (and it was 8.2^^) node in all my gathering by myself. Other guildies/guys I know/knew did find more then me, some even saw the super rare .3 for t7+...but yeah, those things are kinda rare.
    • t6 fame you are showing as 30 (for mining metal)

I get 45 for t6 while mining Stone. My assumption always was that stone had a built in 50% fame modifier, since there is no enchanted nodes... So its basically (for t6) 30x1.5 = 45 fame for stone.

Or same as mining a T6.05 enchanted resource (even though such does not exist).

TypeFame perTier
      Sandstone93
      Travertine154
      Granite225
      Slate456

Can we confirm this is true?
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

t6 fame you are showing as 30 (for mining metal)

I get 45 for t6 while mining Stone. My assumption always was that stone had a built in 50% fame modifier, since there is no enchanted nodes... So its basically (for t6) 30x1.5 = 45 fame for stone.

Or same as mining a T6.05 enchanted resource (even though such does not exist).

TypeFame perTier
      Sandstone93
      Travertine154
      Granite225
      Slate456

Can we confirm this is true?
      Without doing too much reading on it: probably premium?
      I wrote the raw numbers, without premium (which is +50% on progression - it gets shown in "()" when gathering)

The raw numbers are the important ones for laborer-books and for statistics^^
      destiny board progression is calculated in the fame/second-sheet, afaik, but not in the raw data.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

But that means that stone is def slower to progress
      That's debatable.

In its' current state, I see a LOT more t7/t8 stone up compared to anything else.
      Another point is: most non-progression players aim for resources they can actually "use". So, you'll have a lot more of iron/fiber/wood/leather gatherers compared to stone. This kinda' represents your competition while gathering, therefore you'll have less of that compared to the gatherers of other resources.

As for actual progression:
      For other resources, you progress something around 10% faster.
      If you go "only enchanted" for t6, the other resources may progress up to 80-90% faster.
      Overall, though, the difference isn't that big. In average maybe 10-20% faster, but after the major guilds got most of their buildings to t7/t8, you'll have a lot more of those stone-nodes available for further progress.
      (Have a look at the weekly/overall rankings for gathering. There is a fair/huge amount of stone-gatherers. Especially the current weekly-rankings are dominated by stone-gathers)
    • ZaZii schrieb:

(Have a look at the weekly/overall rankings for gathering. There is a fair/huge amount of stone-gatherers. Especially the current weekly-rankings are dominated by stone-gathers)
      this may be a very silly question - but how do you know if any of these people are a specific type of gatherer? (i.e stone or w/e)

...I tried looking at their kills and death stats (from ingame), but alot of those show up in combat gear :(

Current weekly tops:
      Posledish (1) - no clue what type he is
      Tvoy (2) - no clue
      Buldozer (3) - he is in my guild so I know is he Iron Ore
      Hellaren (4) - ok I did see a death in t8 Quarrier garb, so I know he is stone...
      Iemineur (5) - saw a death in t6 Miner Garb

I suppose hoping to see their death stats is the only way?
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • ZaZii schrieb:

SBI changes balance like I do my socks
      [irony]
      so hyped about the new Hector balance
      deleting the whole guide and spending another 4h on writing a new one - w00h00.
      [/irony]

oh, right...meant to reply, but somehow dismissed it^^

Captainrussia schrieb:

I suppose hoping to see their death stats is the only way?
      Basically, yeah.
      Some gatherers you encounter in open-world already, others less so.
      Then it comes down to looking at their deaths (maybe even use the killboard for that, since it tracks the actual deaths without the suicides^^)

While some gatherers do manage to never die, the risk rises with activity...and high activity (=topX weekly/overall) tends to bring one or another death, which will be noted in killboard.
    • Thanks for this guide! Very helpful, especially for a casual player like me who is also pretty new.

One question though (might be a silly question):

Why are refined resources less valuable in AH than raw materials, e.g. copper bars less valuable than copper ore? This confuses me... Is it because people want to refine their own ore for some reason?
    • H3LLB3ND3R schrieb:

Thanks for this guide! Very helpful, especially for a casual player like me who is also pretty new.

One question though (might be a silly question):

Why are refined resources less valuable in AH than raw materials, e.g. copper bars less valuable than copper ore? This confuses me... Is it because people want to refine their own ore for some reason?
      For copper, I think you only need 1 raw resource for 1 refined, right?
      With the city-bonus or with crafting-focus, you get resource-return, which means if you refine 100 copper ore into 100 copper bars, you'll get another 15-45 copper ore back, which you can refine into more copper bars. (Therefore, for T2 resources, you'll get more refined resources then you throw in as raw.)

Another point is: Fame. Refining gives fame to progress to t3 (and maybe further), which means you'd want to refine your ore first before throwing it onto the market.

For higher tiers, you'll notice how most raw resources are already cheaper then the refined.
      (e.g. when you need 5x raw resource to get 1x refined, the refined may be only 3x as expensive compared to raw.)
      That's due to that resource-return, which you get from crafting in cities or in outlands(guild-territories) with crafting-focus.
      (then you refine 5x raw into 1x refined and get around 2,5x raw back..which means you only needed 2,5x raw for 1x refined)

btw.
      I'll update this guide to the new numbers/mechanics some time before release - probably in 1-2 weeks from now, when it's less likely to get patched again^^.
    • I didn't plan on updating this some time short off release, but I got bored^^

- updated the numbers in the data-dump (for Hector),
      - adjusted a few small things here and there,
      - added my opinion on the new t8-mechanics (which you are free to reply on - just not in this thread. try this one:
      farmers will be screwed with the T8 resources only available within territories )

My thoughts on T8 being exclusive

I may be a little biased to it, being a member of a good guild and all, but I can still try to view it as objectively as possible:

- it's a "multiplayer"-game. Joining groups/guilds for specific content doesn't seem that wrong
      - T8 is the highest tier in the game, to a degree where it's not even relevant for the "casual" playerbase
      - T7.3 has same item-power as T8.2, meaning only T8.3 would be "exclusive"
      - due to possibility of raiding it, it's not even that exclusive.
      - very high amount of outland-Watchtowers in-game, many possible targets to conquer or raid
      - conquering Watchtowers is now well rewarded by getting access to T8
      - with time, it'll be seen as much of a "given" as no-pvp in green clusters
      - with time, it'll be accessible to other players via marketplace

While I don't see many cons with adding a few "free" t8 nodes in specific areas (maybe in the actual t8 clusters) - I also don't see real issues with keeping this new system. Eventually, players will get used to it.
      As a new player with big ambitions, I'd simply assume "Hmm...T8 is for watchtowers only? Well - join a guild and conquer or raid that sh!t - easy!"
      Very similar thought to how new players view Raid-content. Nobody assumes to get the very best "whatever" from solo/casual-accessible content.

There have been whole topics on this recent change - so, write your complains to those.
    • hey i tested it myself, i am able to gather t5 - with gather gear + food i get 8k fame per hour (given that ressources have at least 1 stack to gather) - so i would need around 7-8 hours (with lp, moving to town etc.) - your guide tells something around 24 hours 8|
      so the question now, is your number wrong, was fame gained changed, or is it the oxe that makes such a huge deal (talking about yellow gathering)
      1v1 me csgo
    • Schubey schrieb:

hey i tested it myself, i am able to gather t5 - with gather gear + food i get 8k fame per hour (given that ressources have at least 1 stack to gather) - so i would need around 7-8 hours (with lp, moving to town etc.) - your guide tells something around 24 hours 8|
      so the question now, is your number wrong, was fame gained changed, or is it the oxe that makes such a huge deal (talking about yellow gathering)
      my 24 hours included the 8 hours it took to unlock t5 (my characters' playtime said 24 hours when I was done with the 1/2 step for unlocking t6)
      So, the jump from t5 to t6 was around 16 hours for me.

The fame gained was not changed.
      I did "waste" some time gathering t6.0 in-between, but I doubt that explains all 8 hour difference (more like 1-2 hours tops)

Maybe I did something wrong, and you did something right? not sure^^ felt like 16 hours from t5->t6 was already fast enough.
      I'll definitely try to do another dry-run shortly before release, but doubt I'll get a much better time.
      (To be fair, yellow zone will be overfarmed the first few days, so you'd have to move into red/black to get the same efficiency you had in yellow those past days)

Edit:
      now that I think about it - for black-zone it may have gotten a little easier, since the t3 got replaced with t4.
      Therefore, form t4->t5 you'd be leveling slightly faster, and from t5->t6, too.
      Still does not explain your experience in the yellow zone.
    • ZaZii schrieb:

Edit:
      now that I think about it - for black-zone it may have gotten a little easier, since the t3 got replaced with t4.
      Therefore, form t4->t5 you'd be leveling slightly faster
      How did you reach that conclusion? T3 always gives the most fame per second. Especially with just a T4 tool, the T4 is just less effecient than T3.

T5 black zones were my favourite for gathering because they had T3 nodes. Without those nodes it might forestall my movement to black zone until T5 because the T5 yellow zones would be too good for fame. (Depending on farm rates)
    • ZaZii schrieb:

Schubey schrieb:

hey i tested it myself, i am able to gather t5 - with gather gear + food i get 8k fame per hour (given that ressources have at least 1 stack to gather) - so i would need around 7-8 hours (with lp, moving to town etc.) - your guide tells something around 24 hours 8|
      my 24 hours included the 8 hours it took to unlock t5 (my characters' playtime said 24 hours when I was done with the 1/2 step for unlocking t6)So, the jump from t5 to t6 was around 16 hours for me.

The fame gained was not changed.
      I did "waste" some time gathering t6.0 in-between, but I doubt that explains all 8 hour difference (more like 1-2 hours tops)

Maybe I did something wrong, and you did something right? not sure^^ felt like 16 hours from t5->t6 was already fast enough.
      I'll definitely try to do another dry-run shortly before release, but doubt I'll get a much better time.
      (To be fair, yellow zone will be overfarmed the first few days, so you'd have to move into red/black to get the same efficiency you had in yellow those past days)

Edit:
      Therefore, form t4->t5 you'd be leveling slightly faster, and from t5->t6, too.
      Still does not explain your experience in the yellow zone.
      ahh okay i see, so our difference isnt that high at all, especially given i have had most nodes full
      1v1 me csgo
    • Endymion schrieb:

ZaZii schrieb:

Edit:
      Therefore, form t4->t5 you'd be leveling slightly faster
      How did you reach that conclusion? T3 always gives the most fame per second. Especially with just a T4 tool, the T4 is just less effecient than T3.
      T5 black zones were my favourite for gathering because they had T3 nodes. Without those nodes it might forestall my movement to black zone until T5 because the T5 yellow zones would be too good for fame. (Depending on farm rates)
      Efficiency-wise, t3 isn't that "much" better then t4.
      If you take into account the usability of t3(t4.X having more use), don't forget about 4.X extra-fame(at least double), and include the masteries and tool-boni (to a degree where t3 is done within 1-2 seconds and you spend more time running then actually gathering) - overall I think t4 should be just as good, if not better.
      At the very least, twice the amount of enchanted t4 (since overall twice the t4) should be good enough of an argument^^.

It still stalls your progression by a bit, since you can't move to black as soon as you get t3 tool (which was entirely possible and probably the most efficient way - given you got much less "competition" up there during the first few days)
      Gathering t4.0 with the t3 tool is bad efficiency, not to mention that you'll have to skip 5-20% of the nodes due to them being enchanted^^.
      Only after unlocking t4 tool can you move up there(black) - and that's what I would/will do.... ofc, given you have a guild with a territory/watchtower/security.

edit:
      also, my efficiency-sheet seems to have a mistake.
      I also added mastery-boni to the overall gathering-boni for the specific tiers (which is wrong, since with t4 masteries, you only get additional t4 - not additional t3/t2 - similar for higher tiers). I may fix it later. The error should be around 10% only, but still. Plus/Minus 10% is what makes people doubt whether t3 or t4 is more efficient :D.