Player Crafted Mob Drops - Sneak Peek & Discussion

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Thomas9 schrieb:

Bigger guild lesser risk. If you are a part of larger guild and you die, you dont practically need to worrie about loosing your gear too much. You just go back to guild base and take new set and you are ready to go. So there is huge difference between the true risk vs. almost zero risk
      thats an issue of game design. Game needs to be balanced to allow solo and group play, obviously not on the same level, but not on a too wide level - where playing solo becomes impossible.

Also being in a large guild can also mean no(less) risk = no(less) reward, because you depend on whether you can get on runs (and sometimes noone takes you) and you can end up "not being good enough" to go on GvG or HG runs, so you end up just sitting there being a communist slave (bringing resources to guild bank and get 0 returns) and not do anything.

The "social aspect" of the guilds is a risk in and of itself is what Im getting at. There is also risk of guild drama, spies, and stolen guild banks/treasuries, just like in any Sandbox MMO...

So while being in a guild is a good thing (free gear that you do not have to worry about), there could be some down sides as well...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

Bigger guild lesser risk. If you are a part of larger guild and you die, you dont practically need to worrie about loosing your gear too much. You just go back to guild base and take new set and you are ready to go. So there is huge difference between the true risk vs. almost zero risk
      thats an issue of game design. Game needs to be balanced to allow solo and group play, obviously not on the same level, but not on a too wide level - where playing solo becomes impossible.

Also being in a large guild can also mean no(less) risk = no(less) reward, because you depend on whether you can get on runs (and sometimes noone takes you) and you can end up "not being good enough" to go on GvG or HG runs, so you end up just sitting there being a communist slave (bringing resources to guild bank and get 0 returns) and not do anything.

The "social aspect" of the guilds is a risk in and of itself is what Im getting at. There is also risk of guild drama, spies, and stolen guild banks/treasuries, just like in any Sandbox MMO...

So while being in a guild is a good thing (free gear that you do not have to worry about), there could be some down sides as well...
      Yeah the focus is on group play, but i still hope that soloing wont turn too impossible state, this is sandbox though.

"Large guild, no risk no reward" was really good point. :thumbup: No invidual risk and no invidual profit, its more like guild loses and guild gains, but the main difference is that players in larger guild can play totally without fear and you can easily go to risky fights, because you dont actually have anything to loose. So its much easier to deal with open world conflicts. When other hand solo player or small guild has much more to loose and thats why they are more easily avoiding fights.

Risk of drama is different kind of risk and it cannot be taken in same conersation with risk versus reward. ;) But yeah that happens too.
    • I agree there is no reason to remove dying even in green zone areas people are only losing t2-t4 gear any how. this adds back gear sink silver sink back into the game. and teaches new players the direction of the game. teaches new players how to avoid AOE spells for higher tier pve. I find now people stand in Aoe spells more than ever due to punishment of getting knocked down to non punishing. most of these players don't learn either making it difficult to progress and making the game not fun for experienced players trying to teach new players the importance of focusing in battle. it also makes pve more boring
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

I agree there is no reason to remove dying even in green zone areas people are only losing t2-t4 gear any how.
      While losing a full set of T2-T4 gear might seem trivial to many people, it is quite often not trivial to new players (especially in the first month of play) who might not have the resources to replace it. Finding themselves with no money, no gear, and not even harvesting tools, might leave them annoyed enough to quit.
    • t2 gear is made of rocks and rough logs......LOL.

Seriously though, by the time most are at t4 its not hard to replace t4. This stuff is pretty basic at t4. When we had mob executions losing t4 flat was not what ppl were complaining about. It was a good mechanic that cycled lots of gear. PvE was challenging on its own and didn't require griefing and PvP to make it entertaining - not that those arent fun too pve simply had its own merit.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Raithe ()

• ZaZii schrieb:

Questions:Are there several NPCs across Albion?
      (I take it, there will be)
      If yes - do they share the same shopping-list?
      (meaning, you can compete with royal crafters, even though you're stationed in outlands)

Were these questions ever answered? I'm particularly interested in whether the black market NPCs share a resource pool or if they're separated by region like the AH.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Paimon schrieb:

Were these questions ever answered? I'm particularly interested in whether the black market NPCs share a resource pool or if they're separated by region like the AH.
      Im going to take a W-I-I-I-L-D guess....
      This NPC will be in the only Black City - Carleon...
      Well that would be stupid, because overflooded market problem is not then fixed. So i guess its in every city or otherwise it wont work like it should.
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Well that would be stupid, because overflooded market problem is not then fixed. So i guess its in every city or otherwise it wont work like it should.
      huh?

BM NPC fixes the problem by its mere presence. I dont think it matters where you place it. Could be in the green zone for all I care. (would be a bi*ch to travel to though).

The loot table "into which" you will sell to - is global, so the location of the NPC won't matter.

This is all a speculation though - but it makes the most sense to me this way:)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • If you have separate NPCs for each city (and separate loot tables), then their prices will track the prices in that city. The upside is that people that craft items less popular in that city will be able to sell those items to the npc. The other side is that mobs near that city will be less likely to drop the most popular/expensive items -- which will allow crafters to continue to profit by making those items and selling them on the regular market.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

huh?
      BM NPC fixes the problem by its mere presence. I dont think it matters where you place it. Could be in the green zone for all I care. (would be a bi*ch to travel to though).

The loot table "into which" you will sell to - is global, so the location of the NPC won't matter.

This is all a speculation though - but it makes the most sense to me this way:)
      Of course it matters where it presences. One big problem is over flooded markets of crafted materials. If there is not black market npc in city, then those local markets stays over flooded.

I also hope those drops are global.
    • Global drops usimg local prices seems fairest. If you want the good rates go to a dangerous town. Still this type of mechanic should be out in zone maps not cities. There is nothing out there to do so why not put this stuff out there and get folks exploring. I'd rather they move location myself and you have to get info at a tavern or something to find them.