Black Cocks collection of bugs/feedback/suggestions

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Black Cocks collection of bugs/feedback/suggestions

Hello there dolls, I'm oldmanwithbeard and I'm part of the Black Cock guild. We frequently discuss the game and ways to improve it while on teamspeak, many of these ideas are now forgotten but I figured I should open up this thread to collect our ideas and bugs so they aren't all gone to waste.
      Many of these ideas might be controversial and not 100% in line with the current state and focus of the game, some will be ideas only one person in Black Cock might agree with, but I'll try to collect what I hear in our teamspeak in this thread. I will keep this updated until the next beta begins, and at that point I'll probably make a new one.

Non-gamechanging suggestions

Chest-related stuffs

- Chests with support for titles/names.

Chests currently have a name, the name will be the name of the actual chest (Novice Chest for example). Please allow us to change this. If we could name our chests then this would greatly help keep our shared guildchests sorted.

- Chest with different background colors.
      Either by allowing us to change the background of the UI of the chest when opened or simple have the entire chests UI be red if it is supplier only and the normal color if you can both take and leave items in the chest. This would help with item management.

- Guild-chests with support for logs.
      Allow us to craft guild-chests that are maybe twice as large as normal chests (size+weightlimit+takes 2 furn slots) and log every interaction with the chest. This way shared guildchests will have a log accessible for Officers and above in the guild to see where resources go and who contributes resources. Will help, especially as guilds grow larger.

- Change the visual look of chests
      Currently chests overlap when put close to one another. It needs to be easier to distinguish between chests. A simple fix would be to give furniture you mouse-over glow up (glowing outlines) then you could quite easily tell when your cursor change which chest its over.

- Add another permission to chest called "Inspect"
      My guild set up all our chests, even personal, as "supplier" for guild so we can all see what other people are storing. Please add another permission called "inspect" where we can see what people store without being able to drop items into the chest. And just as I think supplier chests should have a seperate color on the UI when open, as should Inspect chests.

- Add option for inspect/supplier to battle-chests
      Allow us to supply friends battlechests or inspect them. The benefits of this is self-explanatory.

UI stuffs

- Allow the player to change the width of various windows
      For example the chests are just 3 itemslots wide. This is inefficient as fuk when using a PC. Please allow us to let some of these window-popups be wider so we can have a better interaction experience with them.

- Weird chest-interaction (bug?)
      If you grab an item at the top of a chest (or bottom) the scroll to the bottom (or top) the item will be unselected so you cant just scroll down and drop it at the bottom.

- Quick sort
      Allow us to quicksort chest and inventory, stacking all stackable items and then letting us choose to "fill from bottom" or "fill from top", this will help out with management.

- Chat size
      Allow us to change the size of the chatwindow, currently I feel it takes up too much screenestate.

- UI Modding
      Lets be honest, you will never be able to make an UI that will appeal to everyone. It's so much smarter to just give as much power as possible to the player when it comes to their UI. Currently the UI is not very good (its alpha, i know)

Chat stuffs

- Ignore
      Please let us ignore people. I would be very happy if I never have to see zeus and the other chatspammers every say a word again. It would make me feel so euphoric I'd tip my fedora.

- Add Trade and Recruitment channel
      Sick of seeing people spamming their recruitment or their "come use our t5 crafting bla bla" stuff. Add new tabs for trade and recruitement.

- Remove globalchat entirely
      Personally I'd support this over the added channels. I think instead of even having globalchat we should be forced to go to cityhubs (irongate, tailors heaven etc) to interact with many players at the same time. Add a recruitement board to the town where guilds can post recruitement ads and add some other sort of board where people can put their trade stuff or whatever adverts they want to do. I feel this would lead to the hubs would grow in size and importance, which I feel is needed.
      ig: oldmanwithbeard

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()

• Gamechanging suggestions

Town-sieges:

-Tier limiting
      This is a temporary change that I feel would benefit the beta/alpha in order to offer more testing. Town-sieges are very rarely seen and as the game looks right now it is next to impossible for anyone to take a town from vendetta due to tier disadvantage. By changing the max tier allowed in a siege to tier4 we will see a lot more fighting over cities, which could make the game a lot more interesting. To balance this you could make it expensive to attack cities or make it so a city can only be under attack every second day (or both).
      I also think anyone should be able to attack a city, regardless of if they have a territory next to it or not.

"Zerging":

Wont have any subcategory here as I feel its a bit hard to tackle the subject if split into subtopics. Personally I think "zerging" is just fine as long as there is another viable option, currently there is not. I talked about this to empa and he seemed to see my point, the day after I read on the forum empa talking about increasing max guildsize instead, this made me pretty disappointed, but I guess this is to be expected from a viking player.
      The issue with zerging in this game is that there is no quantity vs quality, quantity always trumps quality in this game as it stands now. With more people you can simply outgrow anyone without really suffering any disadvantage. I do however think both quantity AND quality should be a viable option.
      Many things could be done to try and make both a viable option, one thing would be to limit the amount of members a guild can have to the amount of housing it can offer, this would at least mean in the early game we will see less benefit to zerging as mass-recruitment wont be viable until you have started up, delaying it with just a few days might be enough to make it a bit more viable to be a quality over quantity guild.
      Another approach (and one I prefer) is to add guildupkeep. I think every member in a guild should cost upkeep, and upkeep should rise exponentially based on amount of members in guild. This means small guilds have a lower upkeep (even lower per member in guild) than large guilds. It also means 100% quantity over quality isn't viable anymore as you want to make sure every member in your guild actually pays for themselves.

There is definitely more ways to deal with this and it would be really nice if there could be a conversation about this topic in this thread, maybe someone can come up with a great suggestion as to how to tackle it, maybe you just want to tell me im a fucking retard and quantity should always pay off, either way I'd like it if you voice your opinion.

- Temporary Zerging
      Decided to add one subcategory anyway, as this is an entirely different thing. Temp-zerging is pretty retarded as well, basically invite tons of members in early game to get the fame needed to claim a lot of territory and start up fast then when you have what you needed you kick them all. I don't really feel like coming up with a way to deal with this but there should be a lot of different ways, one would be that when you invite a player their fame doesn't count toward the guilds total fame for another 2 days, to make sure a guild still have fame on day1 you could make it so first XX members in a guild will be excluded from this "rule".

Other balance stuff

Leather:
      Leather is absolute shit. It's shit to collect, it turns itself to shit when you use it. Leather armor simply does not measure up with the other armors, the attack speed is nice and all but skipping plate entirely for leather is stupid because plate is just crazy good as it stands right now, leather pretty much only holds a place in PvE. The main issue with leather though is how much dick it sucks to collect it.

More leather whine:
      Really, leather is so fucking ass. Why does hybrid cloth + plate end up at armor value somewhere around 65/70 reduction while full leather ends up at 50/50 or so. Hybrid armor also seem to stack wrong (exponential or something?). 2 plate + 1 cloth is simply better than 3 plate. And there's never a reason not to hybrid using plate, unless you were a fucking retard and went full leather and now you're too lazy to bother rerolling.

Warrior/plate/melee/whatevs:
      too stronk, too viable, pls nerf/change

PvE aggro
      Lol wtf is up with this aggro system? So so hard to efficiently maintain aggro as a tank unless you're going to force your deeeeeps to not deeeeeeps as much as they can, which is silly, you wanna do your deeps if you can do dem deeps. Another thing that is silly is how extremely casual the pulling is. If there's a group of 4 mobs and I attack one of them and fall back I shouldn't just pull him, I should aggro the entire group. Instances are way too easy because
      you can always fight against 1 mob at a time. Make shit less forgiving, more hardcore! Death to the scrubbies!

General balance stuff
      Some weapons/gear simply suck ass compared to other. This is alpha though and changing numbers around shouldnt be too hard. Tons of gear/spells however are just stupid bad, and some are stupid good. What kind of a retard wouldn't put the 50% attackspeed slow on a bow for example? What dumb shit would put wither on their chestarmor instead of something that isn't useless? Everything should have at least one reason to be used, currently that's just not true, especially for the bow (really, why would ANYONE pass on the 50% atkspeed debuff?).

Fighting stuff

- Territory Fights
      Right now we wont have a lot of info here, I'm just going to state I think the current system is dumb and you can actually win by avoiding a fight. Another thing that is dumb is that people can stand on the outskirts of territory and intervene in the fight, stunning people etc. That's stupid. Pls fix.

- General pvp-combat stuffs.
      Alrighty, I really like PvP in this game but at the same time it is very, very strange. How many games can you go into a 7v7 fight that ends up with 1 person dying and the rest successfully running away? In one way I understand why it works like this, if you would always die on the losing side of things when you lose so much in a death people might rage, at the same time its so stupid large fights end with such small results. My suggestion is simply to make flee a must-have if you intend on fleeing from anything, if you don't have flee you simply should not get out of fights.
      How do we stop people from running so much? The first thing that comes to mind for me is to make it so if you are attacked in the back you either take 20% increased damage or get a 10% slow or something. That way you really dont wanna turn your back to people.

- Throwing knives are dumb
      After some theorycrafting me and adessia decided there could be ONE role in which throwing knives weren't fucking stupid, the World-PvP chaser. All you would do is to be able to catch anyone you spot, slow him, then hope your team kills him (because you wouldn't do any damage, unless you're from valhalla and cheating of course).
      This build would work through the movementspeed passive (which is broken and does nothing at all) and then use full leatherarmor with MS passive and sprint boots, sprint up to your delicious target and hit the slow. Turns out the slow is melee ranged. L O L. Please at least make TK slow ranged, they're so bad its hilarious at the moment. Also please ban valhalla cheaters, holy fuck is it embarassing the devs officially condone cheating, geez.

- Spell numbers all wrong (?)
      Either all spells for longbow have the same amount of damage (wut?) or they're all wrong. Pls fix. If they do all have the same damage then crippling shot (50% atk speed slow, whatever its called) is crazy op.

- Target closest enemy

Please bind "Shift" to target closest enemy, repeatedly pressing it goes to the next closest enemy after the one selected.

- Target closest ally
      Bind "Control" to target closest ally, repeatedly pressing it goes to the next closest ally after the one selected.

- Raiding is dumb
      Whenever you raid someone they just remove their silver from their guild so they lose a defender point instead of the money. This is stupid. When a raid is issued it should lock 15k silver for the enemy guild that cannot be withdrawn until after the fight. Raiders should probably also be given three "keys" which they can use to open three chests (at 50% success rate?) and have access to the loot inside. This would make raiding be less ass.

- Punish people for dying, not killing
      Gear should lose between 10-20% durability when you're PK'd instead of the 30-70% durability from when you die in PvE. Losing your gear when you die to PvE is good because it punish you for mistakes. Killing someone in PvP and not getting gear is bad, because it punishes you for succeeding. The person who dies will already lose their gear, so the gear does not have to take as much damage as it does in PvE.

- Resume auto-attack
      Add a bind to resume your autoattack against a target, so if you've moved (and cancelled) your autoattack you can just press spacebar (for example) to resume autoattacking.

- Loot and fame system is poop
      Add a smarter loot system and fame system. Why is only the lasthitter rewarded? Why can ranged classes never loot shit because it all comes down to who is closest to the thing that dies and click the fastest? Maybe keep current loot system for PvP but a new one is needed for PvE, and fame system needs full change when it comes to killing, why is only lasthitting rewarded?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 14 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()

• Bugs/Stupid shit that shouldn't work
      Even though the devs encourage their playerbase to abuse glitches and bugs instead of reporting them I have for some reason decided I will report (at least some of) the bugs I encounter.

- Ability to walk out of map

On the maps with
      bridges you can hug the corner by the bridge and fall off into the ocean, effectively leaving the map.

- Possible to dupe items using chests
      Not 100% sure how to replicate this but occasionally moving items between chest and inventory can dupe them.

- Cannot "hold" an item and scroll
      If you try to drag an item to a different position in a container and scroll the item will be "unselected" and not "held" by the cursor anymore, making moving it that way impossible.

- Some people have figured out how to instantly cast spells after dismounting
      No clue how they do this. I doubt they'll tell anyone since they have no incentive to do so.

- Leather is so ass it must be a bug
      Leather armor is absolute ass.

- Rescue/Dash occasionally "misfires"
      Sometimes you will not reach your target when you cast one of these spells, but instead not move at all (but the energy is spent and spell on CD)

- Sometimes killing animals renders no leather
      This seem to be fixed by waiting a few minutes, and then there'll be 1-2 leather on them. Seem to be related to newlyspawned leather resources. Leather is so ass to collect I feel like they should just add a longer delay on the mobs and make them spawn with 5 leather minimum instead. This could be added to all resources. Finding a 1/25 is just fucking annoying.

- Maintaining aggro as tank is 2hard
      I'm guessing this is a bug, sword tank with that taunt thing cannot maintain aggro, not even if they spam it like madmen.

- Throwing Knife MS passive doesn't do anything at all
      It does not do anything at all.

- You can stun people with invulnerability bubble
      When people change zones they get a bubble. You can still chainstun them and keep them stuck until you're able to kill them. This is dumb.

- Vikings finally found a way to kill people, unsurprisingly it involves something stupid

They stack up 15+ people by the entrance of a zone. When someone comes through the zone they will either chainstun them until bubble drops or follow them until bubble is out. If you instead try to walk back to the instance you came from they all walk back with you, getting their own bubbles which give them high enough MS to make sure you cannot get away. Only way to actually avoid this is to be on a horse and charge away and hope the CC stunchain doesnt land. It's stupid and should be reworked.

- Occasionally putting items in chest make them disappear
      Seems to mostly happen when you switch out equipped gear. Several items will become invisible, as if they got destroyed. By moving some stuff around in the chest/inventory they will appear again.

- The range passive as a ranger is dumb

Only applies to auto-attack, not spells, put ranger at disadvantage because he wont be within range to actually cast his spells. Makes the entire passive shit tbh, as it's only use is to get off one extra autoattack at someone running away from you.

- Some buildings can't be upgraded
      This is pretty annoying. We have buildings in a full-pvp zone. Some of our buildings can be upgraded to tier 6, but for others it won't work. For example we can upgrade our repairdude to t6 and our forge to t6 but we cannot upgrade tanner or bowdude to t6. Pretty silly, pretty gamebreaking.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 13 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()

• Stuff you should add into the game
      - Mounts rework:
      This is a big one! Reworking mounts in the way suggested would also add a chance to add "pets", as mounts would act in a similar way. Basically I think it's stupid that we equip mounts as an item and magically summon them out of our bums to ride away somewhere. Instead mounts should be permanently around.
      If I want to bring my horse with me I should be stuck having it with me. You should be able to dismount and choose to either leash that horsieporsie/ox to you or leash it to an object, and it'd remain in the gameworld even though you are not on it. The only way to get it out of the game world should be to interact with a stable, where you can pay a small daily fee to store your horses/ox. This would also add another building guilds can build and a reason to build things in zones further away. Horsies/Oxen should not be repaired at a repairman but instead at a stable, being repaired automatically X amount of points each time you pay the stable-fee or able to bring resources+silver to repair them fully like you currently can do at a repairshop.

This would make the game much cooler. You wouldnt have to ride on an oxen, instead you can pull it along with you on a leash, It'd make you a bit less vulnerable but that oxen would still move as slow as it does now (or slower). Would simply be much cooler if things worked this way, and by creating this system you have laid the foundation for a pet-system as they could work in a similar way.

- Enemy reward skulls
      If I kill an enemy in PvP he should drop a skull. The tier of the skull dropped should depend entirely on the amount of fame rewarded from the kill. You should be able to use this skull to craft vanity items, like a body on a pole, head on a pole, a hanged person, etc etc. You can set these up around your territory to show people you mean biznizz. (maybe force us to skin them to get this item?)

- "Arena instance"
      Some sort of Arena instance. Should be an entire instance where entrance only opens up certain hours of the day (just come up with some stupid magic-lore to explain this) and where people can fight for gud stuff. Just what that fight will be over doesn't really matter, maybe its for nothing but the gear of your opponents. Would say you should sign up in teams of up to 3 and you can sign up with people who aren't in your alliance or guild, people who don't have anyone to sign up with can choose to play solo or get put in a team with others who had no buddies around. You then fight until only one team remains. Area of the instance could start out normal size of an area and shrink every 1 minute or so, forcing players closer to each other. Maybe add in resources in a bit richer abundance than other areas, so people want to gather stuff, but if they die that's all gone to waste anyway.

- Nameable gear
      Let us name gear. Make it cost gold so you get another source of income. Allow people to just change the name of something, like naming their horsieporsie Princess or their robe Pyjamas.'

- Repair tree on destiny board
      Why not make this a skill? I don't think you should have to repair things and grind fame to be able to repair higher tier things, but I think we should progress repairing on a tier-based system (all unlocked right away) where mastery will lower prices on repairing.

- Add PvP areas with no territory-zones in them
      Will make PvP in these areas a bit more "fair" and fun. Will also mean you can have room for a bit more resourcenodes and stuff. There's no reason not to do this.

- Untrustworthy bushes
      When people stand in bushes their names should disappear. If you move your mouse over a bush it should reveal the name of people standing there. This will be great for ambushes!

- /whois /profile or similar
      Allow us to open the infobox of a person by writing /whois Name in chat, while we're at it add a few more things to the profile that people can fill in, like nationality and stuff.

- Armor dyes
      Let us change color of our armor

- Colorblindness mode/more distinct resource design
      Some resources are hard to tell apart for people who are colorblind, like various tiers of cloth and stones and minerals. Please make them look more distinct from one another!

Suggestion on how to make more dosh
      Add a very extensive customization system for something. Mounts and buildings would be a good idea for example. Make it so all the customization stuff that changes the appearance of something that does NOT impact gameplay
      (armor needs to remain looking the same so people can tell what tier you wear) will cost premium money (gold). People fucking love customization and this is a way to get more dosh from microtransactions while not affecting gameplay, meaning no one will be mad at you for making money this way. You gotta make dat dosh somehow, this is a good way how! You could also add guild emblem options that cost gold to unlock etc, if its cosmetic no one can complain.

parting notes:

personal suggestion is that if you find a glitch, a bug or a cheat, dont report it, abuse it. not only is it okay to do so, its encouraged! remember that the devs will REWARD you with kind words and compliments if you abuse as many glitches as possible and report nothing, this is truly a great tactic when it comes to alpha and betatesting. cheat more, be like valhalla!

/salt

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()

• Guild stuff

LOGS LOGS LOGS LOGS LOGS
      pls i need more logs. i want logs of everything, i want to know if my guildmember went to the bathroom one or two times today, if he chewed his food properly before swallowing, if he brushed his teeth.
      On a more serious note, really, we need logs. I want full logs of every silver transaction of the guild, what comes in, what goes out. The more thing you can log the happier I'll be, make member-management easier pls.

Message of the day

I want to write cute messages of the day so when someone sign in I can force my opinion on them right there and then. pls allow me to make everyone listen to me, constantly, all the time.

Guild menu thing
      When we press G please remove the blank-area in the center of the screen and add in just a big textfield there. Let me write shit like guildrules, teamspeak info, etc etc right there. It will be a great spot for a guildleader to keep shit arranged.

Custom titles/ranks
      Let us choose our own names of the titles in a guild and create our own titles, choosing what they can and cant do. While you add this make sure we can set it up so theres a permission if you can take from chests with guild as user. This way we can set up new members only being able to give resources, not even able to take from a guild-user chest. could come in handy for new-recruits!

Internal-diplomacy
      Let us mark players, guilds and alliances in custom colors, this would not be viewable by people outside the guild. Basically, if my guild consider Viking to be kill-on-sight we could choose to make their names all appear purple (or whatever color we like) in game, so people know these are naughty people who must die. We could also mark Vendetta as pink to let everyone in the guild know these guys are carebears and prefer hugging it out in large alliances over actually competing and having a fun gameworld ;)

Alliances
      Alliances are silly, why do you have to ally another guilds ally just to be allied? What is called an Alliance today should be changed to a "Union", where every memberstate are forced to have shared diplomacy as you're part of a union, you don't pick and choose, you're either part of it or you're not. Alliances should be able to be formed on a per-guild basis. For example Vendetta and Vikings should be able to have an alliance but Scoia'Tael should be able to have an alliance with just Vendetta without also having one with Vikings.
      I hope that made sense. I just think its silly that alliances are for some reason shared.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()

• Other stuff (because the other posts are already at character-limit)

- Gimme money
      Hire me as a professional opinionated asshole and pay me money. Kappa

- Mob Spawning

Make it so when a mob spawn it wont be able to aggro someone (unless attacked) for 15 seconds or something. This way if mobs spawn on top of someone they won't instantly die.

- Straight up nerf healing
      Healing is too strong. It's dumb how much you benefit of just going hybrid healer/whatever instead of focusing on the whatever part.

- PvP is just stupid balance atm

There is no way to kill teams going all hybrid healer because no damagedealing spells are actually able to outdamage the healing of healerhybrids/full healers. Especially when defenders advantage weigh in. This means PvP is 0%
      skillbased in a territoryfight and 100% based on if the defender are aware of how stupid comp they can play to be unbeatable. There is simply no way to damage through the heal and they can proceed to win through backcap since they can outheal damage in 4v5 and let one stick to backcap. This is even if the attacker runs a higher tier than defender, heal is just too strong, it makes PvP in its entirety boring as its no longer about killing the opponent but instead about not being able to be killed.
      It can probably be partly fixed with making it so you cant have people fight for you at side of territory (people stack up guildies around their borders to interfere in fights) and adding my suggestion with a debuff when attacked in back. There needs to be a reason to pick a damage skill over a healing skill, currently there is none, by making it so skills hit in someones back either deal 20% bonus damage (i like this, gives a reason not to flee) or 20% slow (this could also work) then you take some of the strength out of the turtlebuild.
      Without adressing this I don't see how any attacker can beat a defender in a GvG if defender have defenders advantage and not more than 1 tier below attacker.

Change the territory fights
      As it stands now territory fights are just stupid. With a defenders advantage and half a brain you cannot be beaten as if you roll healerhybrids and just play super turtly and focus on having one guy backcapping towers the enemy will never be able to engage. You literally cannot die under your tower in a 4v5 due to your heal and the towers damage output and meanwhile your fifth can make sure you have the majority of points capped.
      This basically means current PvP is not about fighting but about avoiding to fight, not a very fun way to play PvP.

What should be done is to remove towers entirely, they're dumb and are the biggest obstacle for why territoryfights arent actual fights. Instead of having 4 towers you should create "capture areas" in each territory, maybe 5 or so in every territory. Only one area will be active at a time (which one is randomed and marked on map) and it will remain active for 100 seconds. The team with the most amount of players in the zone will receive temporary territory-points. Dying loses your team temporary-points and staying in the area gives you points, if there's an equal amount of enemy and friends in area no one receive points. At the end of the 100 seconds the team with the least temporary points loses 25 actual points.

With a system like this you're forced to fight to win. If you don't take the fight, you wont be able to score any points at all.

The fighting-system
      I would like to recommend the devs to play some bloodline champions and then consider changing the entire fighting system to a copy of that one. It will add more skill to the game as every ability will be aimed and players will feel more in-control of their character as it will be a WASD based system. Since it might not work well with the open world part of the game I have two suggestions as how to deal with it, either make it so you only use this control-scheme when in PvP fights (territory, sieges, etc) or make it so you activate this movement system by equipping a weapon.

I think if the devs actually try out Bloodline Champions for just a few rounds you will see yourself why this would be a huge improvement to your game. Your PvP fights would become exciting enough to be casted and broadcasted to a large viewerbase and players would likely see much more excitement in PvP. Could also mean you can add a few skills that might be a bit too OP with autoaim, like cleanse-shots that cleanse the target you hit of all positive buffs or similar, which would be a good way to deal with ultra-turtles.

Really, please try BLC out and ask yourselves if that wouldn't be a great improvement on your game.

Forum stuff
      The forum is annoying. Copy/pasting mess up formatting like crazy and the character-limit per post is way too low. geez. Maybe let us change forum names? I should be oldmanwithbeard, I guess.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 15 mal editiert, zuletzt von RWWRRWWRRWWR ()