There is still not enough essence.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• There is still not enough essence.

The essences got a drop rate buff and has by the time dropped from 1600s-1700s to 700s-800s. On the market in Thetford. This is nice.

But i feel essences are still stopping gatherers from earning what they should compared to time invested in gathering.

With the current low income of essence, even at t4, the uncommon resources are way underpriced. In fact they are in some cases cheaper than the normal resources because normal resources dont need essence.

It seems like the amount of essence is closer to the amount of rare resources alone. And because of that noone wants to "throw away" valuable essences on trash uncommon resorces.

I really love thw game. But like any other game it has some flaws. This is one of the bigger flaws at the moment imo. Because its somehow game breaking for gathering.

When im out gatgering uncommon ore now. I usualy just pick it up because its dubble the fame for gsthering it. My bank is so full of uncommon resources now and i cant use them on anything.

Perhaps making it possible to split runes into essence would create more natural balance?

@Korn
    • Korn schrieb:

Agreed that T4 essences are still too rare.

We are taking a look at this and might make further adjustments in Wednesday's patch.
      Can you repeat why you feel like we need essences for refining?
      If I recall it correctly, we had a very similar system 2 betas ago (where runes from PvE were needed to craft items), and removing that for the last beta did not break anything - at least to my knowledge the gathering->crafting progress was a lot smoother.

I honestly don't see why we need this "detour" of enforcing PvE on the gatherers.
      It's either a bottle-neck, or a lot more available then needed. Both cases don't make a good argument for keeping this system.
      Getting the perfect balance is pretty difficult with your current loot-system. It would be a lot easier, if you focused them into essence-territories or those essence-creeps, so they can be gathered/farmed when needed in acceptable amounts - but won't be overfarmed during the usual PvE.

By the way:
      We got 800 t7 runes but only 100 t7 essences.
      Since we don't have anything enchanted refined on T7, that's pretty much all the drops.
      how comes that there are 8x as many runes dropping compared to essences, even though runes are superior?
      looking at this - you must've fcked up some decimals or something with the loot-table, since that's nowhere near expected.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ZaZii ()

• ZaZii schrieb:

By the way:
      Since we don't have anything enchanted refined on T7, that's pretty much all the drops.
      how comes that there are 8x as many runes dropping compared to essences, even though runes are superior?
      looking at this - you must've fcked up some decimals or something with the loot-table, since that's nowhere near expected.
      Now that you mention it, i have alot more T7 runes than t7 essence aswell. And all the other tiers i've got it just about equal in numbers between runes and essence ... that is wierd indeed.
    • ZaZii schrieb:

By the way:
      Thanks for the info, we will be looking into this.

Do you observe this only at T7, or also at other tiers?
    • Korn schrieb:

ZaZii schrieb:

By the way:
      Thanks for the info, we will be looking into this.
      Do you observe this only at T7, or also at other tiers?
      since we did use some of the t4/t5/t6 essences, i can't say for sure - but it does look like you get as many/more runes as essences.
      (got something like 600 t6 runes, >1000 t5 and t4 runes each; essences being <400 across the tiers)
      a fair amount of those runes came from hellgates - not sure the essences are included in their loot.