Wind/Thunder/Storm Staff

• Wind/Thunder/Storm Staff

Don't know the best name for it, but basically It would be an alternative for Arcane Staff as support role with different spells. Or maybe it could be mixed damage and support.

Maybe some different buffs for your allies, and other CC skills like a wind tornado thing to knock back, or to remove someone from a fight.

The thing is we have all elements in different staffs but we don't have the electric one except in stalker armor.

Like the druids from pve mobs have some of those lightning skills that would be nice to have in a staff.
    • It would be nice to have another support weapon beside arcane staff. I have tried to speak behalf of this for long.

Wind staff is also something i have suggested before so it is not a big suprise that i like your suggestion. ;)

Wind/Lightning/Storm sounds good options and maybe that lightning could be more about damage than wind and storm. Also Tempest could be good name for staff.

I would also see wind staff as weapon which buffs, but mainly distracts enemies with different kind of debuffs. Lets see if i have enough time to flesh up my cocept, but here is some thoughts of skills:
      • Headwind: (Debuff) Slows down target from range and deals some minor damage. This could be a beam.
      • Tailwind: (Buff) AoE speed buff which effects at max. to 5 allies giving them minor speed buff for short/medium perioid.
      • Void: (Debuff) This spell creates void over single target enemy, stunning this for short perioid and making some minor damage overtime. Stun should be shorter than normally, because you can cast this from range.
      • Whirlwind: Creates whirlwind to target spot on ground. It sucks enemies towards the center of whirlwind. Whirlwind does not move, it grows by time and gets more powerful at the same time. Those enemies who are sucked to center of whirl before it disapears gets some minor/medium damage and short slow debuff.
      • Blow of wind: Works like heavy smash. There is short cast time and it hits a cone in front of you making medium damage with push back. Can hit multiple enemies at the same time.
      There is already skills like Wind wall and Tornado, which could be used in wind staff. I have said this before, but that wind wall is in kind of weird place when its in knight's helmet. Nice spell, but in odd place imo.

Like i said, i havent checked right timers, ranges, damages and other numbers, but lets see if i will in future..
      I am just the guy who gives you a ride to the underworld.
      How to start build my character?
    • Iv'e thought about this a lot too. The Keeper staffs would be pretty awesome, that AOE slow with damage, a lightning strike, then maybe just a damage Q like other staffs, or to fill in the support role more you could go with a slow/resistance debuff.

To be honest I think it'd be amazing if they added proper faction weapons and armors:

Morgana staffs with the ability to summon an imp on E?

Keeper dual axes as a ranged weapon?

Heretic nature staff with the ability to summon healing totems?

They could make a lot of cool stuff available to the players with relatively little work to implement them.
      *Dagger Pair Main* twitch.tv/nomadponcho - [https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229869575] <- Fun times
    • For a mixed DMG and Support Electric Staff.

Q: Lightning Bolt: A skillshot in a line of 7m that deals (x dmg) to the first enemy it hits and (x-50%) to a second enemy behind him.
      (The idea behind it would be to have some kind of arc of lighting after the bolt hits)

Z: Alternative Current: A targeted spell that buffs the attack speed of a friend or slows the attack speed of a foe.

(Gives you choices about how to use the staff and has a lil' joke as a name, ya know)

E: Electric Field: A ground AOE that creates a circle barrier of electricity. Each enemy that goes through the barrier is stunned for a very short duration (like 0.6 or 0.7s) and suffers (x dmg). And each ally that goes through it sees his mov speed buffed up for a short duration, it can stack up to 2 times, (like in and out, or when you cross both sides of the circle).

(The idea is to give a lil bit of control while dealing damage and still improving allies)

Passives: Each 3d auto attack deals +30% damage and the attack bounces on the closest enemy.

2nd passives same as always, auto attacks give back a sum of energy

and so on

and so forth.
    • Well as this staff does not enter in any other branch we would have to build up a brand new branch of staves.
      So let's make 6 of 'em !

Aight, mind if we brainstorm ? got it ? storm ? I sure you got it.

Let's build up the basics and then we could drift to the specificities of each different staff and spell.

The reflective shield is a good idea. What else you got ?

edit :

we need to build up:

2 different Q spells

3 to 5 different Z spells

3 E spells for regular weapons

3 E spells for artifact weapons

We have:

4 spell ideas.

Bring it on boiz.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Soren_Kierkegaard ()

• Also i know, SBI love dash. They have dash with damage, with execute, with slow, with knockback stun, with pulling enemy, and even a dash with NOTHING!)
      So be it, lightning rod will have a dash.
      With electric wall effect on the path.
      Witch may also magnet. Enemy to itself.
      Yes. Like dash with roots.
      There no dash with roots yet, right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von gmatagmis ()

• Aight let me try out something pulling your ideas with mine.

Q: Lightning Bolt: A skillshot in a line of 7m that deals (x dmg) to the first enemy it hits and (x-50%) to a second enemy behind him.
      (The idea behind it would be to have some kind of arc of lighting after the bolt hits)

Q2: ??? : An attack spell preferably.

Z: Alternative Current: A targeted spell that buffs the attack speed of a friend or slows the attack speed of a foe.
      (Gives you choices about how to use the staff and has a lil' joke as a name, ya know)

Z2: Reflective Shield: A targeted spell that grants an ally a shield for 3 seconds that absorbs (x dmg) and reflect 75% of the income dmgs.
      (Ya know, keeping the support and offense thingy)

Z3: ?????: Maybe something more aggresive ?

E: Electric Field: A ground AOE that creates a circle barrier of electricity. Each enemy that goes through the barrier is stunned for a very short duration (like 0.6 or 0.7s) and suffers (x dmg). And each ally that goes through it sees his mov speed buffed up for a short duration, it can stack up to 2 times, (like in and out, or when you cross both sides of the circle).
      (The idea is to give a lil bit of control while dealing damage and still improving allies)

E2: Magnetic Pulse: A skillshot AOE that pulls all units (or just allies maybe) in an area towards you, giving allies a quick burst of energy regen (or something like that).
      (The aoe zone has to be quite small to make the spell hard to use and still usefull if used well)

Passives: Each 3d auto attack deals +30% damage and the attack bounces on the closest enemy.

Tell me what you think @gmatagmis

And a feedback from ya'll designer @Retroman would be nice.

Like do we need to keep up or just let it go cuz that's to hard to implement a new wep ?

and yea that's comic sans ms. fk yall

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Soren_Kierkegaard ()