So what classes (AKA builds) exist? A real answer pls

• So what classes (AKA builds) exist? A real answer pls

So first i wanna apologize because this thread is probably a duplicate but i couldnt find any answer so here we are...

What i want to know is what "classes" exist in this game, i know that some say 'there are no classes' but that isnt a satisfying answer. For example i saw somewhere that using a bow or spear opens the ranger path but that is waaaaaaaaaaay too open. Another example is the fact that we dont have a summoner class fact that i only know because i somehow saw that while digging for info on classes.

The best i could find (here) was Scholar, Cleric and Mage under light gear, Mercenary, Hunter and Assassin under medium and Soldier, Knight and Guardian under heavy. Sorry but that seems too little information. Is there any place i can find all spells, skills or the skill tree? That way i can at least try to check out the game properly.
  • Generally, the builds players create fall under builds that are dps (single-target, aoe), support (heal, buff, debuff) or crowd control builds (tanks, slowing down opponents). Of course you can mix and match the skills in whatever way you see fit, which results in builds that are decent in different roles or builds that are highly specialized, such as builds that are made exclusively for gathering and escaping or builds for dueling opponents in cities.

You can find a list of all active spells currently available in the game in the post quoted above.
  • Cleric, Scholar, etc. aren't classes. They're simply different versions of cloth, leather, and plate armor (each with their own benefits and combinations of utility abilities). Your weapon is what provides you with the active abilities which could be viewed as your "class".

For example, staves from the mage tree could provide you with the typical RPG archetype of arcane mage, fire mage, frost mage, or warlock depending on which form of staff you choose. Also in the mage tree are holy staves, which provide more of a priest or cleric type of playstyle. You could, however, choose to wear full plate (and possibly a shield as well) for more of a battlemage or paladin type of "class".

The hunter tree provides similar options of the typical hunter/ranger and rogue/thief fantasy playstyle, along with melee staves for a monk archetype and a nature staff for a druid playstyle. As before, you can do these with any combination of cloth, leather, or plate armor. That's why people say there are no classes. One character can play as multiple "classes". It literally all depends on what gear you have equipped at any given time.
  • BarriaKarl wrote:

So first i wanna apologize because this thread is probably a duplicate but i couldnt find any answer so here we are...

What i want to know is what "classes" exist in this game, i know that some say 'there are no classes' but that isnt a satisfying answer. For example i saw somewhere that using a bow or spear opens the ranger path but that is waaaaaaaaaaay too open. Another example is the fact that we dont have a summoner class fact that i only know because i somehow saw that while digging for info on classes.

The best i could find (here) was Scholar, Cleric and Mage under light gear, Mercenary, Hunter and Assassin under medium and Soldier, Knight and Guardian under heavy. Sorry but that seems too little information. Is there any
    place i can find all spells, skills or the skill tree? That way i can at least try to check out the game properly.
    the spells and skills are shown in the link u provided.

Cleric, mercenary, guardian, etc. are just names given to the type of armor and have no bearing on a name given to a particular build. No meta build has really been established, and 99% of all players browse through the abilities and select the gear based off of those abilities.

U can gain extra mobility with knights boots, have ur "oh sh!t" button with ice block from the cleric cowl, and increase ur attack speed with a hunter's chest. Those r 3 different classes of armor u can combine to make a unique playstyle and u can further personalize it by ur choice of weapon and/or shield/torch.

I know u dont want a generic answer, but that is literally how u choose ur "class", grab the gear that has the abilities u like.