My fears about the future of Albion Online

• Jbirdx90 wrote:

@Korn

Can we please get some insight on expeditions and the impact they have on taking away from this open world PvP full loot game and creating a safe, instanced, never-have-to-leave-town to level up activity?

Truly think expeditions were a mistake and want to know what SI thinks especially with the communities feedback and what you guys might be considering to improve and or change expeditions, if anything at all.
    I believe this was already addressed in our other forum post. The expeditions.
    The Global Trade Federation, your one stop shop, where the best gear is made!
  • Trade_Master wrote:

Jbirdx90 wrote:

@Korn

Can we please get some insight on expeditions and the impact they have on taking away from this open world PvP full loot game and creating a safe, instanced, never-have-to-leave-town to level up activity?

Truly think expeditions were a mistake and want to know what SI thinks especially with the communities feedback and what you guys might be considering to improve and or change expeditions, if anything at all.
    I believe this was already addressed in our other forum post. The expeditions.
    ai have been following the expeditions thread and have not seen any response regarding this yet
  • ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

How much better would it be if a brave solo gatherer could tell the tale of finding a drop-rich resource vein in the red zone before barely escaping from a bandit?
    Let me answer this one - this would be NOT AT ALL better, but rather WORSE. When talking about gatherer's you are missing the whole point of their gameplay and make assumptions that they enjoy running around away from random pvper's trying to loot their asses. No gatherer wants to be hunted - gatherer's spend a lot of time searching for resources and then carrying them around - they are not in for pvp or for entertaining those who want to hunt them. Finding resources, grinding to be able to harvest them, slooooowly getting them back to be treated - that is harvester's gameplay
    [b][u]Ownage[/u][/b] (n): 1. Noun form of the verb [[i][u]own[/u][/i]]. 2. An instance in which someone or something is [u][i]owned[/i][/u].
  • BloodyOwnage wrote:

ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

How much better would it be if a brave solo gatherer could tell the tale of finding a drop-rich resource vein in the red zone before barely escaping from a bandit?
    Let me answer this one - this would be NOT AT ALL better, but rather WORSE. When talking about gatherer's you are missing the whole point of their gameplay and make assumptions that they enjoy running around away from random pvper's trying to loot their asses. No gatherer wants to be hunted - gatherer's spend a lot of time searching for resources and then carrying them around - they are not in for pvp or for entertaining those who want to hunt them. Finding resources, grinding to be able to harvest them, slooooowly getting them back to be treated - that is harvester's gameplay
    I agree. And gatherers need that edge. However to be fair it's good to have some fear as a gatherer. Right now, the options are choose horse and hope the bandits are stupid (which, and i'm gonna be inflammatory here so bare with me) most of the bandits on this page are not being impressive. The lack of planning, the lack of organization, and then whining when it doesn't work. The amount of planning and stress that goes into gathering is nothing compared to the casual wants of the bandits here.

However, the pathetic crying of the unorganized aside, there should definently be danger for gatherers. Moreso because of the amount of time it takes to gather. Hours and hours and hours of grinding can get literally wasted in 15 seconds tops. And that's not a bad thing inherently. It's also why nametags should stay, because as is gatherers are forced to choose ox and be productive, or choose horse and carefully manage their weight in an attempt to try and escape.
  • Trade_Master wrote:

Right now, the options are choose horse and hope the bandits are stupid
    Whats your experience as a "bandit"

As a gather'er - hit flee and then mount your horse - begin to see the rainbows.

Also as a small scale pvper in black. My number one advice is not to sprint into a single name tag as soon as you see it, unless your familiar with the name as a gatherer. Far to often when you sprint into a single name you end up sprinting into about 20 other people right behind.
  • Wadefu wrote:

Trade_Master wrote:

Right now, the options are choose horse and hope the bandits are stupid
    Whats your experience as a "bandit"
    As a gather'er - hit flee and then mount your horse - begin to see the rainbows.

Also as a small scale pvper in black. My number one advice is not to sprint into a single name tag as soon as you see it, unless your familiar with the name as a gatherer. Far to often when you sprint into a single name you end up sprinting into about 20 other people right behind.
    Absolutely nothing. I'm carebear. My experience comes from encountering bandits and my member's encounter with bandits. Going in with a horse is really inefficient as a gatherer. But i'm not opposed to horse tweaks. I think it should be a balanced game of cat and mouse between bandit and gatherer, and it's a hard thing to balance
  • Trade_Master wrote:

BloodyOwnage wrote:

ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

I agree. And gatherers need that edge. However to be fair it's good to have some fear as a gatherer. Right now, the options are choose horse and hope the bandits are stupid (which, and i'm gonna be inflammatory here so bare with me) most of the bandits on this page are not being impressive. The lack of planning, the lack of organization, and then whining when it doesn't work. The amount of planning and stress that goes into gathering is nothing compared to the casual wants of the bandits here.
    However, the pathetic crying of the unorganized aside, there should definently be danger for gatherers. Moreso because of the amount of time it takes to gather. Hours and hours and hours of grinding can get literally wasted in 15 seconds tops. And that's not a bad thing inherently. It's also why nametags should stay, because as is gatherers are forced to choose ox and be productive, or choose horse and carefully manage their weight in an attempt to try and escape.
    Whats your ingame name and what City do you base from. We've had no problem killing gatherers every time we've wanted to clear them out of an area to perserve the resource nodes for our gatherers.
  • Trade_Master wrote:

Dreadstar wrote:

Whats your ingame name and what City do you base from. We've had no problem killing gatherers every time we've wanted to clear them out of an area to perserve the resource nodes for our gatherers.
    Oh? Why the sudden hostility. You always seem to have a chip on your shoulder towards me Dread
    Hostility??? In a open world pvp game??? Say it aint so. Chip??? That's in your own head, I am an equal opportunity killer. So whats ur ingame name and city of operation? Time to put your money where your mouth is.
  • Dreadstar wrote:

Hostility??? In a open world pvp game??? Say it aint so. Chip??? That's in your own head, I am an equal opportunity killer. So whats ur ingame name and city of operation? Time to put your money where your mouth is.
    Haha touche. (A lot of question marks though, don't run out). And at what point did I say I wanted to be hunted :) I support bandits and the pvp system, that doesn't mean i'm a great pvper nor ever claimed such, so pass~
    Self proclaimed carebear out~
  • Trade_Master wrote:

^^ Here... Taking this to the appropriate forum section so we don't derail this thread.
  • Jbirdx90 wrote:

@Korn

expedition vs old portals instances ? I prefere dumb expeditions, they are just waste of time.
    Portals were...god please never again.
    Twitch.tv/kamui_X

https://www.youtube.com/c/kamuix
  • Kamui wrote:

Jbirdx90 wrote:

@Korn

expedition vs old portals instances ? I prefere dumb expeditions, they are just waste of time.Portals were...god please never again.
    If the expeditions are such a waste of time then why is 90% of the AO player base standing around in Cities around the portals?

You can try to down play the impact these expeditions are having on players venturing out into the open world but the city lag does NOT lie. This is the first beta we have had massive server lag issues and insane lag in the cities, which is only in...cities. Hmm I wonder where all this lag came from? Could it be the server having to create thousands of player instances? Could it be the number of people in the cities now compared to before that has them lagging so bad? I wonder what new mechanic caused all of this!?

I challenge the Developers to release the number of players in town versus the number in the open world for a 24 hour period. If they are not having an impact...release the numbers. Surely you have overwhelming evidence to prove me wrong. Just post those numbers and shut me right up.

Then show us the same numbers from Beta 1 and Beta 2 so we can compare.

Hint: They wont post them. Id be shocked if anyone on the developer team has actually looked up that statistic.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
  • Roor wrote:

Kamui wrote:

Jbirdx90 wrote:

@Korn

expedition vs old portals instances ? I prefere dumb expeditions, they are just waste of time.Portals were...god please never again.
    If the expeditions are such a waste of time then why is 90% of the AO player base standing around in Cities around the portals?
    You can try to down play the impact these expeditions are having on players venturing out into the open world but the city lag does NOT lie. This is the first beta we have had massive server lag issues and insane lag in the cities, which is only in...cities. Hmm I wonder where all this lag came from? Could it be the server having to create thousands of player instances? Could it be the number of people in the cities now compared to before that has them lagging so bad? I wonder what new mechanic caused all of this!?

I challenge the Developers to release the number of players in town versus the number in the open world for a 24 hour period. If they are not having an impact...release the numbers. Surely you have overwhelming evidence to prove me wrong. Just post those numbers and shut me right up.

Then show us the same numbers from Beta 1 and Beta 2 so we can compare.

Hint: They wont post them. Id be shocked if anyone on the developer team has actually looked up that statistic.
    cuz 90% of AO community have no idea wha to do in a sandbox game, and instanced dungeons is all what they know and like to do. Or they just stay afk and duel in town.
    Twitch.tv/kamui_X

https://www.youtube.com/c/kamuix
  • Kamui wrote:

cuz 90% of AO community have no idea wha to do in a sandbox game, and instanced dungeons is all what they know and like to do. Or they just stay afk and duel in town.
    ...but ...but AO is not a sandbox game. I am sorry, but the only "sandbox" in AO is in the name of developing company. You build predefined buildings on predefined plots, craft predefined items from predefined materials, you run predefined paths on predefined maps connected by predefined wormholes.. Where is sandbox?
    [b][u]Ownage[/u][/b] (n): 1. Noun form of the verb [[i][u]own[/u][/i]]. 2. An instance in which someone or something is [u][i]owned[/i][/u].
  • BloodyOwnage wrote:

Kamui wrote:

...but ...but AO is not a sandbox game. I am sorry, but the only "sandbox" in AO is in the name of developing company. You build predefined buildings on predefined plots, craft predefined items from predefined materials, you run predefined paths on predefined maps connected by predefined wormholes.. Where is sandbox?
    That's the box. We are the sand.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • BloodyOwnage wrote:

The lack of direction, the choice to be a bandit or a crafter or a gatherer. Is it "true ultimate sandbox" in some ways, and no in others. Nothing holds your hand, there is no path to follow. If you feel there is, then you've likely fallen into a hive mentality (it's human, everyone does it). People have somehow come to believe that sandbox means that everything is free and limitless. But no matter which sandbox you pick there are limitations. In short, there may be the sand, but you're still limited by the box in whatever form it comes in. That said, I would love to build a house in a red zone, but how long would it take for everyone to spam houses and make it completely impossible to walk through a map? Cause seriously, you expect this community to not have a couple of trolls to just ram maps with buildings? "but you can force spaces be-" then it's no longer sandbox by your definition because there are limitations. "Then we can destroy building-" then all buildings will get demolished. "Set a timer so" then it's not sandbox because you put limitations.

Let's not overdo it.