Hostile counter in red zones? I'm embarrassed.

  • Hostile counter in red zones? I'm embarrassed.

    Why is PVP discouraged so much?

    If you go to a red zone and flag up for PVP, you instantly lose all reputation and are an outlaw for 10 (15?) minutes even if you don't attack anything. Everyone on the map is notified, and god forbid you so much as sneeze in the direction of someone it resets the timer. Kill 1 guy and you can go negative enough to be banned from safe zones.

    Folks, we are talking about red zones.

    Join a full-loot Sandbox PVP game and you have to pack up your shit and travel to an island to actually PVP. This is embarrassing. Please tell me the developers are "looking into" the reputation system.
  • Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer :)

    Gatherers / crafters are forced into red zones if they want to level up past tier 4 - they aren't going there because they want a bit of excitement in their lives.

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.

    You can't beat the thrill of well balanced PvP in any game - unfortunately AO currently hasn't got well balanced PvP. Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty. The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.

    If you want your hardcore PvP with no consequence grow some balls and go to the Outlands where it is designed for this style of gameplay :)
  • Not only are there ample T5 resources in yellow maps, those same maps are actually connected to safe towns. Your sheep/wolves analogy was moving though, and you seem pretty tough, so just pretend you're someone else. For example someone who is scared of PVP and clearly wants it completely removed from the royal continent.

    In that case, what you wouldn't know is that even flagging up for PVP is punished. If you kill one (1) person, you can lose enough reputation to be locked out of towns. If you kill one (1) person and die, you will be sent to a port town where you have to either have another character bring you gear, or spend day(s) waiting for your reputation to increase before you are allowed back into towns.

    Again, you are obviously a well experienced PVPer yourself, so you already know this: Those 3+ gankers with low reputation you mentioned? They actually base out of the outlands and simply visit the royal continent to gank, thereby removing the reputation system from the equation altogether. You see, the reputation system doesn't protect anyone, it just inconveniences PVP'ers and makes the game look pathetic. Your UI displays when there are hostiles around, so you have to be an absent minded or careless to be killed.
  • Dreadstar wrote:

    Grayscale wrote:

    Swordlord wrote:

    They actually base out of the outlands and simply visit the royal continent to gank
    Why not just stick to the black zones then? Not good enough to fight against people who might actually do something?
    Cause they enjoy ganking.
    Thats exactly what needs fixing. They need to implement some sort of system that totally locks those of a ganking mentality out of the Royal continent. There should be PvP within the RC but it should be balanced PvP not this current situation we now have where you have groups of idiots camping near zone entrances only taking easy kills.

    The majority of gankers aren't any good at real PvP - hence why they rely on number superiority and why they won't do their PvP in the Black Zones.

    Something will need to change before release because like it or not MMO's need player numbers to survive and the current system will drive away a lot of players if they keep losing all their stuff to these gank squads.
  • Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer :)

    Gatherers / crafters are forced into red zones if they want to level up past tier 4 - they aren't going there because they want a bit of excitement in their lives.

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.

    You can't beat the thrill of well balanced PvP in any game - unfortunately AO currently hasn't got well balanced PvP. Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty. The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.

    If you want your hardcore PvP with no consequence grow some balls and go to the Outlands where it is designed for this style of gameplay :)

    The best ore needs to be in the black and red zones. This is how guilds control resource flow and the entire "Everybody matters" slogan works. Imagine that video BUT, there are no trade lines, or ambushing, or reason to fight at all except for fun. Breaks the game. Good resources need to be in black zones and they need to stay there.
    My characters are female because I like to boss my girls around and my real life GF wont have that.
    I'm a guy.
  • Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer :)

    Gatherers / crafters are forced into red zones if they want to level up past tier 4 - they aren't going there because they want a bit of excitement in their lives.

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.

    You can't beat the thrill of well balanced PvP in any game - unfortunately AO currently hasn't got well balanced PvP. Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty. The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.

    If you want your hardcore PvP with no consequence grow some balls and go to the Outlands where it is designed for this style of gameplay :)
    I Can Refine tier 6 wood and metal, Craft tier 5 spears line weapons and tier 5 frost staffs, i can get to tier 8 if i wanted in crafting without leaving the yellow zone easily enough. I can also level up to tier 8 resources without leaving the yellow zones either, since you can solely level up off of teir 2 resources to max level.

    So if you wanted to max out gathering and crafting there no need to leave yellows, you can also do the same with combat from what ive seen aswell. Its just quicker if you go into red zones and take the risk but the rewards are faster gains.

    Also not the harvesting gear line offers the most mobility to escape ganks now coupled with a mobile weapon aswell you should be able to escape most ecounters in red and black zones.

    The thing is the red zones were there from my understanding was for small scale PvP the problem is it doesnt happen cause of the counter in the corner.
  • Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer
    This is why, by using some form of reputation system (not the current one), you should punish people who attack in larger groups more than you punish solo players. You could even double the reputation hit for each extra person above the first on a killmail.

    This is the way to prevent more mismatched encounters from happening. The trick is finding the right sort of punishment and not completely locking solo players and small groups out of the Royal Island -- because they can't compete against the larger organized guilds in the Outlands.

    You could also discourage bandits with an immersive element like a bounty system (such as the one in Eve Online).

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.
    With the way things are set up now... most of the lone wolves will be extinct after the first months. They'll be locked out of the Royal Island and they'll be forced to join large guilds or quit.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty.
    More like... a bunch of people who think they should be able to free-farm high-tier mats while watching TV on another screen.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.
    So, then... make the penalty stiffer based upon how large the killing group is. Then introduce a bounty system to attract defenders to the area. This encourages more PvP between people who want it and works to defend carebears who want to farm high-tier mats without risk.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by ThatWhichHasNoLife: added hypenation ().

  • Badwolfe wrote:

    Dreadstar wrote:

    Grayscale wrote:

    Swordlord wrote:

    They actually base out of the outlands and simply visit the royal continent to gank
    Why not just stick to the black zones then? Not good enough to fight against people who might actually do something?
    Cause they enjoy ganking.
    Thats exactly what needs fixing. They need to implement some sort of system that totally locks those of a ganking mentality out of the Royal continent. There should be PvP within the RC but it should be balanced PvP not this current situation we now have where you have groups of idiots camping near zone entrances only taking easy kills.
    The majority of gankers aren't any good at real PvP - hence why they rely on number superiority and why they won't do their PvP in the Black Zones.

    Something will need to change before release because like it or not MMO's need player numbers to survive and the current system will drive away a lot of players if they keep losing all their stuff to these gank squads.
    Nah gankers have their place in AO. The people getting ganked need to learn to avoid, kill, or be social with other people to guard them.
  • Dreadstar wrote:

    The people getting ganked need to learn to avoid, kill, or be social with other people to guard them.
    Pretty sure you meant to say that people should be able to farm high-tier mats with no risks whatsoever. Right?

    But seriously... gathering should be rewarding and there should subsequently be risk associated with that activity. If you are engaging the open world, particularly as you get the red and black zones, then you should be vulnerable. And you're absolutely correct about the ways to address those risks. Gathering effectively is something which should require skill and organization when higher tier mats start getting collected.
  • Swordlord wrote:

    It doesn't even have to be player-based risk. There just has to be -some- kind of challenge or conflict associated to it. Mindlessly staying on one map gathering will cause insane burnout.
    I agree that the current gathering system is likely to cause burnout. But in a PvP game... the risk and challenge presented should, for the most part, be a player-based risk. Gathering, especially when gathering high-tier mats, should require you to be alert and not just clicking, moving, clicking for an hour at a time. It's a full loot PvP game and gatherers should not be exempted from that.

    Also... I don't mind if certain kinds of rare crafting resources (crystals, gems, artifacts, essences, whatever) drop for gatherers from time to time.

    x3 the value of your regular node haul 4% of the time.
    x5 the value of your regular node haul 3% of the time.
    x10 the value of your regular node haul 2% of the time.
    x20 the value of your regular node haul 1% of the time.

    I think those kinds of drops would help the task be more satisfying and would be more important than the drops added to PvE.
  • ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer
    This is why, by using some form of reputation system (not the current one), you should punish people who attack in larger groups more than you punish solo players. You could even double the reputation hit for each extra person above the first on a killmail.
    This is the way to prevent more mismatched encounters from happening. The trick is finding the right sort of punishment and not completely locking solo players and small groups out of the Royal Island -- because they can't compete against the larger organized guilds in the Outlands.

    You could also discourage bandits with an immersive element like a bounty system (such as the one in Eve Online).

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.
    With the way things are set up now... most of the lone wolves will be extinct after the first months. They'll be locked out of the Royal Island and they'll be forced to join large guilds or quit.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty.
    More like... a bunch of people who think they should be able to free-farm high-tier mats while watching TV on another screen.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.
    So, then... make the penalty stiffer based upon how large the killing group is. Then introduce a bounty system to attract defenders to the area. This encourages more PvP between people who want it and works to defend carebears who want to farm high-tier mats without risk.
    I totally agree with some of your points and some of the others you've totally misinterpreted what I'm saying.

    Yes there should be a bounty system in place
    No lone wolves should not be punished for attacking gatherers
    No people who have engaged in a balanced PvP fight should not be locked out of the royal island
    No collecting high tier resources should not be risk free - but there again neither should gatherers be ganked by 3+ people like is currently the in game trend without very stiff penalties for the gankers
    Yes the ganker penalty should be stiffer which is all I've been saying all along

    TLDR: High tier resource gathering should not be a risk free endeavour but neither should it be a way for ganking groups (e.g 3v1) to make easy kills and high profit without severe penalties
  • Badwolfe wrote:

    ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer
    This is why, by using some form of reputation system (not the current one), you should punish people who attack in larger groups more than you punish solo players. You could even double the reputation hit for each extra person above the first on a killmail.This is the way to prevent more mismatched encounters from happening. The trick is finding the right sort of punishment and not completely locking solo players and small groups out of the Royal Island -- because they can't compete against the larger organized guilds in the Outlands.

    You could also discourage bandits with an immersive element like a bounty system (such as the one in Eve Online).

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.
    With the way things are set up now... most of the lone wolves will be extinct after the first months. They'll be locked out of the Royal Island and they'll be forced to join large guilds or quit.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty.
    More like... a bunch of people who think they should be able to free-farm high-tier mats while watching TV on another screen.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.
    So, then... make the penalty stiffer based upon how large the killing group is. Then introduce a bounty system to attract defenders to the area. This encourages more PvP between people who want it and works to defend carebears who want to farm high-tier mats without risk.
    I totally agree with some of your points and some of the others you've totally misinterpreted what I'm saying.
    Yes there should be a bounty system in place
    No lone wolves should not be punished for attacking gatherers
    No people who have engaged in a balanced PvP fight should not be locked out of the royal island
    No collecting high tier resources should not be risk free - but there again neither should gatherers be ganked by 3+ people like is currently the in game trend without very stiff penalties for the gankers
    Yes the ganker penalty should be stiffer which is all I've been saying all along

    TLDR: High tier resource gathering should not be a risk free endeavour but neither should it be a way for ganking groups (e.g 3v1) to make easy kills and high profit without severe penaltie
    World PvP is NOT balanced. If you find yourself in a balanced World pvp fight, you have done something wrong. In games like AO or Eve where you actually lose what you take out there wont be many balanced fights in world pvp. IF you want balanced pvp there is GvG and Hellgate pvp for that. The idea that you think 5 people will find 5 other people the same tier in open world pvp and then start the fight when the other is ready and have this fair and balanced pvp encounter amuses me. Please tell me when you find one of those. This is the kind of stuff that amuses me about the risk adverse like you. You actually think scenarios like that exist. What a reality you must live in.

    What you really want is a way to easy mode gather while looking at netflix on another screen when you complain about "ganking" or "unbalanced" pvp. That narrative is so over used you can literally thumb through 6 reputation posts and see you have posted the exact same none sense. We get it, you are risk adverse and want to gather uninterrupted. Go play a game that allows it then. AO touts world pvp as a main attraction. Then there should be world pvp. Any pvp is content no matter what type it is, and content in a sandbox is what a sandbox is all about. If you go out to gather, yes, you will get attacked by more than 1 person on multiple occasions. In fact! They make a special set of gear in Albion online to help you with just that! Still not enough? Still to risky? Well have no fear they added a terrible mechanic just for carebears like you! Now you can even see the name tags of people coming at you so you can hop on that horse and escape. Still not safe!? The runspeed buff the horse gets versus unmounted players ENSURES 100% safety at all times. Yet here you are complaining its not fair and gankers have all the advantage. This is the plight of the risk adverse. They have watered down the game for people like you so much and handed you the golden ticket to being risk adverse and you still want to complain.

    Heres a novel idea. Why not put yourself on the other side of things. Try ganking if its so easy. Go out to a red zone and kill all those gatherers that are so easy to kill. Because in the end you will come back here and you WILL 100% change your argument after you see how "easy" it really is.

    Albion online is a PvP game, with pvp zones that you can be locked out of if you pvp enough. Just saying that sentence makes my brain hurt. In what game has there been a pvp zone that you can actually pvp so much, you get locked out of said pvp zone? NONE, because the very idea behind it lacks common sense beyond reason. I would be embarrassed if I was a pvp developer on the AO team.
    The True Victor.

    Make Albion Great Again!

    The post was edited 5 times, last by Roor ().

  • Roor wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer
    This is why, by using some form of reputation system (not the current one), you should punish people who attack in larger groups more than you punish solo players. You could even double the reputation hit for each extra person above the first on a killmail.This is the way to prevent more mismatched encounters from happening. The trick is finding the right sort of punishment and not completely locking solo players and small groups out of the Royal Island -- because they can't compete against the larger organized guilds in the Outlands.
    You could also discourage bandits with an immersive element like a bounty system (such as the one in Eve Online).

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.
    With the way things are set up now... most of the lone wolves will be extinct after the first months. They'll be locked out of the Royal Island and they'll be forced to join large guilds or quit.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty.
    More like... a bunch of people who think they should be able to free-farm high-tier mats while watching TV on another screen.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.
    So, then... make the penalty stiffer based upon how large the killing group is. Then introduce a bounty system to attract defenders to the area. This encourages more PvP between people who want it and works to defend carebears who want to farm high-tier mats without risk.
    I totally agree with some of your points and some of the others you've totally misinterpreted what I'm saying.Yes there should be a bounty system in place
    No lone wolves should not be punished for attacking gatherers
    No people who have engaged in a balanced PvP fight should not be locked out of the royal island
    No collecting high tier resources should not be risk free - but there again neither should gatherers be ganked by 3+ people like is currently the in game trend without very stiff penalties for the gankers
    Yes the ganker penalty should be stiffer which is all I've been saying all along

    TLDR: High tier resource gathering should not be a risk free endeavour but neither should it be a way for ganking groups (e.g 3v1) to make easy kills and high profit without severe penaltie
    World PvP is NOT balanced. If you find yourself in a balanced World pvp fight, you have done something wrong. In games like AO or Eve where you actually lose what you take out there wont be many balanced fights in world pvp. IF you want balanced pvp there is GvG and Hellgate pvp for that. The idea that you think 5 people will find 5 other people the same tier in open world pvp and then start the fight when the other is ready and have this fair and balanced pvp encounter amuses me. Please tell me when you find one of those. This is the kind of stuff that amuses me about the risk adverse like you. You actually think scenarios like that exist. What a reality you must live in.
    What you really want is a way to easy mode gather while looking at netflix on another screen when you complain about "ganking" or "unbalanced" pvp. That narrative is so over used you can literally thumb through 6 reputation posts and see you have posted the exact same none sense. We get it, you are risk adverse and want to gather uninterrupted. Go play a game that allows it then. AO touts world pvp as a main attraction. Then there should be world pvp. Any pvp is content no matter what type it is, and content in a sandbox is what a sandbox is all about. If you go out to gather, yes, you will get attacked by more than 1 person on multiple occasions. In fact! They make a special set of gear in Albion online to help you with just that! Still not enough? Still to risky? Well have no fear they added a terrible mechanic just for carebears like you! Now you can even see the name tags of people coming at you so you can hop on that horse and escape. Still not safe!? The runspeed buff the horse gets versus unmounted players ENSURES 100% safety at all times. Yet here you are complaining its not fair and gankers have all the advantage. This is the plight of the risk adverse. They have watered down the game for people like you so much and handed you the golden ticket to being risk adverse and you still want to complain.

    Heres a novel idea. Why not put yourself on the other side of things. Try ganking if its so easy. Go out to a red zone and kill all those gatherers that are so easy to kill. Because in the end you will come back here and you WILL 100% change your argument after you see how "easy" it really is.

    Albion online is a PvP game, with pvp zones that you can be locked out of if you pvp enough. Just saying that sentence makes my brain hurt. In what game has there been a pvp zone that you can actually pvp so much, you get locked out of said pvp zone? NONE, because the very idea behind it lacks common sense beyond reason. I would be embarrassed if I was a pvp developer on the AO team.
    Again another post that isn't grasping the basic principles of what I'm saying

    No I don't want an easy gather mode at all - gathering isn't even my principle role of playing AO - is that clear enough for you to understand now?

    You're just another ganker (not a PvP'er) who wants the risk free life of stripping those who do spend most of their time gathering in game of all they possess by employing tactics that give a gatherer ZERO chance of surviving the encounter.

    If you enjoy the life of roaming around in an overwhelming group ganking people when you know there is no risk to losing the fight and no consequence for doing so then why don't you go play in the Outlands where this style of play is catered to?

    I'll tell you why you wont go because there's a bloody good chance that what you enjoy doing to people on the RC is going to happen to you there and you won't like that at all will you?

    The RC should be and is there to allow people to train up and learn the game (including small scale PvP), not for gank squads who want to get rich off easy pickings with no consequence to themselves whatsoever.

    Yes the reputation system does need changes - for example it needs to stop punishing small scale groups from taking large rep hits but for those who run around in larger groups knowing they can gank gatherers with 100% success rate and no risk to themselves then the punishments need to remain. They shouldn't be locked out of the cities they should be locked out of the continent and put into the Outlands where PvP is supposed to reign supreme. If these sorts of people are so good at the PvP they love then they will flourish there wont they?
  • I flagged up 2 days ago with 2 friends, killed a few people (most where gatherers ofcourse) and farmed my rep back up again. This is the first and last time this beta i will do this.

    1. It's boring PvP
    2. You can also find players and better fights in black zone

    Now when i was farming my rep back up something funny happened why i think it's good the penalty is so heavy. I was farming tier 6 hides from rhino's and 2 Tea Party dagger players see me. They talk to me, try to scared me, walk out of the screen and 1 of them flags up. I noticed the other 1 forgot to flag since he tried attacking me but wasn't hostile. So i attack this flagged guy and he starts to lose. His friend starts flagging up as well now so i know i gotta run.

    I ran and got away. But this is exactly the reason why it takes a lot of time before you can deflag again and why the reputation penalty is so heavy. Keep it like this and those who want real PvP should just go to the black zone or fight for chests/hellgates/territory attacks in red zones.
    Op zoek naar een internationale guild met Nederlandstalige spelers? Stuur mij een PM!
  • Badwolfe wrote:

    Roor wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    ThatWhichHasNoLife wrote:

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Problem is at the moment is that it isn't actually PvP - its 3+ gankers v 1 gatherer
    This is why, by using some form of reputation system (not the current one), you should punish people who attack in larger groups more than you punish solo players. You could even double the reputation hit for each extra person above the first on a killmail.This is the way to prevent more mismatched encounters from happening. The trick is finding the right sort of punishment and not completely locking solo players and small groups out of the Royal Island -- because they can't compete against the larger organized guilds in the Outlands.You could also discourage bandits with an immersive element like a bounty system (such as the one in Eve Online).

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The game at the moment is letting the wolves over indulge on the sheep and eventually the sheep will die out. No sheep to feed the wolves eventually means dead wolves as well.
    With the way things are set up now... most of the lone wolves will be extinct after the first months. They'll be locked out of the Royal Island and they'll be forced to join large guilds or quit.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    Its got a lot of people who seem to think they are entitled to virtually risk free ganking with no penalty.
    More like... a bunch of people who think they should be able to free-farm high-tier mats while watching TV on another screen.

    Badwolfe wrote:

    The Royal continent is riddled with self proclaimed 'hardcore Pvp'ers' who really only roam in groups for easy kills.
    So, then... make the penalty stiffer based upon how large the killing group is. Then introduce a bounty system to attract defenders to the area. This encourages more PvP between people who want it and works to defend carebears who want to farm high-tier mats without risk.
    I totally agree with some of your points and some of the others you've totally misinterpreted what I'm saying.Yes there should be a bounty system in placeNo lone wolves should not be punished for attacking gatherers
    No people who have engaged in a balanced PvP fight should not be locked out of the royal island
    No collecting high tier resources should not be risk free - but there again neither should gatherers be ganked by 3+ people like is currently the in game trend without very stiff penalties for the gankers
    Yes the ganker penalty should be stiffer which is all I've been saying all along

    TLDR: High tier resource gathering should not be a risk free endeavour but neither should it be a way for ganking groups (e.g 3v1) to make easy kills and high profit without severe penaltie
    World PvP is NOT balanced. If you find yourself in a balanced World pvp fight, you have done something wrong. In games like AO or Eve where you actually lose what you take out there wont be many balanced fights in world pvp. IF you want balanced pvp there is GvG and Hellgate pvp for that. The idea that you think 5 people will find 5 other people the same tier in open world pvp and then start the fight when the other is ready and have this fair and balanced pvp encounter amuses me. Please tell me when you find one of those. This is the kind of stuff that amuses me about the risk adverse like you. You actually think scenarios like that exist. What a reality you must live in.What you really want is a way to easy mode gather while looking at netflix on another screen when you complain about "ganking" or "unbalanced" pvp. That narrative is so over used you can literally thumb through 6 reputation posts and see you have posted the exact same none sense. We get it, you are risk adverse and want to gather uninterrupted. Go play a game that allows it then. AO touts world pvp as a main attraction. Then there should be world pvp. Any pvp is content no matter what type it is, and content in a sandbox is what a sandbox is all about. If you go out to gather, yes, you will get attacked by more than 1 person on multiple occasions. In fact! They make a special set of gear in Albion online to help you with just that! Still not enough? Still to risky? Well have no fear they added a terrible mechanic just for carebears like you! Now you can even see the name tags of people coming at you so you can hop on that horse and escape. Still not safe!? The runspeed buff the horse gets versus unmounted players ENSURES 100% safety at all times. Yet here you are complaining its not fair and gankers have all the advantage. This is the plight of the risk adverse. They have watered down the game for people like you so much and handed you the golden ticket to being risk adverse and you still want to complain.

    Heres a novel idea. Why not put yourself on the other side of things. Try ganking if its so easy. Go out to a red zone and kill all those gatherers that are so easy to kill. Because in the end you will come back here and you WILL 100% change your argument after you see how "easy" it really is.

    Albion online is a PvP game, with pvp zones that you can be locked out of if you pvp enough. Just saying that sentence makes my brain hurt. In what game has there been a pvp zone that you can actually pvp so much, you get locked out of said pvp zone? NONE, because the very idea behind it lacks common sense beyond reason. I would be embarrassed if I was a pvp developer on the AO team.
    Again another post that isn't grasping the basic principles of what I'm saying
    No I don't want an easy gather mode at all - gathering isn't even my principle role of playing AO - is that clear enough for you to understand now?

    You're just another ganker (not a PvP'er) who wants the risk free life of stripping those who do spend most of their time gathering in game of all they possess by employing tactics that give a gatherer ZERO chance of surviving the encounter.

    If you enjoy the life of roaming around in an overwhelming group ganking people when you know there is no risk to losing the fight and no consequence for doing so then why don't you go play in the Outlands where this style of play is catered to?

    I'll tell you why you wont go because there's a bloody good chance that what you enjoy doing to people on the RC is going to happen to you there and you won't like that at all will you?

    The RC should be and is there to allow people to train up and learn the game (including small scale PvP), not for gank squads who want to get rich off easy pickings with no consequence to themselves whatsoever.

    Yes the reputation system does need changes - for example it needs to stop punishing small scale groups from taking large rep hits but for those who run around in larger groups knowing they can gank gatherers with 100% success rate and no risk to themselves then the punishments need to remain. They shouldn't be locked out of the cities they should be locked out of the continent and put into the Outlands where PvP is supposed to reign supreme. If these sorts of people are so good at the PvP they love then they will flourish there wont they?

    Well its pretty obvious the developers disagree with your anti-gank narrative you have tried to hard to push and released a new rep system that actually favors pvp.


    FYI, pvp is pvp, no matter if its ganking, a duel, an arena with countdown timer, or in a dungeon over pve. Its all pvp. One is NOT more meaningful than the other just because you think honor and fair fights should be a thing. That is on you. That is your handicap. Its obvious you are terrified to lose items and gear. Why play AO? They make games like WoW just for people like you who are to risk adverse to actually try.
    The True Victor.

    Make Albion Great Again!
  • Lol Roor there's enough past MMO's that have failed because catering to the kind of imbalance you want has been the death of them.

    If you are too short sighted to see that people wont stick around in a game that will become a chore rather than fun then that's your problem not mine. Are you really that deluded to think that AO will have a long term future if they do not balance out the problem of ganking? You'll be having a very bored time for a very short period of time if the developers mess up on this issue and those who constantly suffer this imbalance simply up and leave.

    Niche MMO's have a very low survival rate because if the playerbase becomes too small then they are no longer financially viable

    I still have faith that the devs will sort this out to everyone's satisfaction and not just listen to the vocal small minority of gankers who wouldn't know what good, balanced PvP was if it fell out of the sky and hit them on the head :)